IGNORED

Children Stacked Like Cordwood: Upcoming Babies 10

Bethella

38 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

"Psalmody?" Like "Psalms"+ "Melody?" Or is it something else? Either way, what a fundie name! It's my first time hearing it.

It's a word that means literally "the singing of psalms" - it gets extra smug-Fundy points for being a bit archaic + having that thing where it's a bit of a shibboleth, in that it's culturally specific, so that whenever her parents had someone say "oh that's an unusual name", they could do the whole holier-than-thou thing about what it means - same goes when people ask how to spell it.

(I really feel for kids whose parents name them to score their own smugness points like this)

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, albireo said:

Her first kid is named Anthony, so you were pretty spot on! :pb_biggrin:

His name is Anthony Anton? That's a bit repetitive for my taste. Next kid will be Ann Anton.

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

His name is Anthony Anton? That's a bit repetitive for my taste. Next kid will be Ann Anton.

No. His name is Anthony Mlemba according to fundamentalistswiki. I don't know a huge amount about the family, but looks like he was born before Joseph and Psalmody met. I'm seriously falling down the Campbell/Above Rubies rabbit hole now...

1 minute ago, albireo said:

No. His name is Anthony Mlemba according to fundamentalistswiki. I don't know a huge amount about the family, but looks like he was born before Joseph and Psalmody met. I'm seriously falling down the Campbell/Above Rubies rabbit hole now...

Your correct. Anthony doesn't belong to joseph

53 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

does anyone know if Psalmody was her birth name or did they change it after she was adopted?

It was changed, her original name was Jennice.

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

well she got screwed. 

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

That just makes it all worse, to me.  A holier-than-thou name that she'll have to explain all her life, just to hammer home that she couldn't even keep her own name.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:17 AM, Lurky said:

"Psalmody"???  That's such a holier than thou name to foist on a kid - can't wait to see what she calls her own kids!

Heistheway is worse . At least with Psalmody you don't have trouble figuring out how to say the name . 

1 hour ago, hasunah said:

At least with Psalmody you don't have trouble figuring out how to say the name .

I dunno, it's pretty much a definition of a name that is pronounced differently to how it's spelled (in British-English at least, both the P and the L are silent, and I am assuming the stress is on the first syllable, so SARM-o-dee, but it could be anything.

16 hours ago, Lurky said:

I dunno, it's pretty much a definition of a name that is pronounced differently to how it's spelled (in British-English at least, both the P and the L are silent, and I am assuming the stress is on the first syllable, so SARM-o-dee, but it could be anything.

I think the P is silent but not the L, so closer to Sal-mo-dee.

5 hours ago, hasunah said:

Heistheway is worse . At least with Psalmody you don't have trouble figuring out how to say the name . 

It still cracks me up that the dad made sure to clarify that Heistheway meant "He is the way"

Not sure where to put this, but for those wondering about Courtney Rogers, she's 30 weeks with #9 and doing great. Here's a pic of all the kids- I think it really shows just how little ALL her kids are. 

12 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Not sure where to put this, but for those wondering about Courtney Rogers, she's 30 weeks with #9 and doing great. Here's a pic of all the kids- I think it really shows just how little ALL her kids are. 

dang I was just looking through her insta looks like new baby is also a girl and her littlest turns 11 months this month.  and she seems to have had a miscarriage between 7 and 8 because she calls 8 a rainbow baby. that woman is super fertile dang.  also she has a weird obsession with the fact that she has twins. 

21 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Poor little guy on the left is stuck with the Jnco style khakis :pb_lol:

How old is Courtney? I've never really followed her, I just know she's the one with the gaggle of tiny children all with C names. I just scrolled through her Instagram and she doesn't look a day over 25! :pb_eek:

Courtney's kids are cute. I think she has had two miscarriages, the first pregnancy and then the one in the last couple of years.

Psalmody sounds like salmon to me.

Courtney is 34 this month, which gives her maybe at most 10 years more of fertility. By the time of her 10th wedding anniversary this fall, she'll have 9 kids and probably be on her 12th pregnancy. She could easily have 15, 16, 17 kids if she continues like this. 

She had a miscarriage before her first son, Clint. There was also a miscarriage in summer 2016. Not sure what time, but it must have been early summer as she got pregnant again that August. 

Her oldest just turned 8. This June she'll have 9 kids under the age of 8. 

@anjulibaiHer oldest just turned 9 actually. Her hashtags switched to #8under9 which must have been hard for her. In 2 months she'll be able to say #9under9 though. Let's hope she doesn't have another set of twins!

53 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

@anjulibaiHer oldest just turned 9 actually. Her hashtags switched to #8under9 which must have been hard for her. In 2 months she'll be able to say #9under9 though. Let's hope she doesn't have another set of twins!

No, he just turned 8 (the hashtag is "under 9" not "9 and under") 

40 minutes ago, Bethella said:

No, he just turned 8 (the hashtag is "under 9" not "9 and under") 

scary to think she's had so many pregnacy's in so short of time and a twin on two. she may beat Michelle and Kelly Jo yikes. 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

scary to think she's had so many pregnacy's in so short of time and a twin on two. she may beat Michelle and Kelly Jo yikes. 

She's only had one twin pregnancy. My current prediction is that she will end up with 18 kids (assuming there aren't anymore twins/premature births/complications affecting fertility).

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

She's only had one twin pregnancy. My current prediction is that she will end up with 18 kids (assuming there aren't anymore twins/premature births/complications affecting fertility).

LOL opps that should have said and a twin one too. though going through her insta I wasn't so sure because man she tags almost everything to include that she has twins. 

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived