IGNORED

Children Stacked Like Cordwood: Upcoming Babies 10

Bethella

Ugh. I understand that some people don’t want to be defined by the diagnosis, and that sometimes leads to what sounds like outright denial. I hope they are still getting help with any necessary therapy.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It doesn't seem so. But I can't imagine her having another! So few fundies get pregnant and carry to term past 46. I think the oldest that comes to mind is Bobbye Holt. She had her last at 47 and it was a total surprise since it had been at least 5 years since her last. 

Bobbye implied in one of her social media posts around the time of the baby's birth that she had intentionally waited until his birth since "you never know at [her] age", or something similarly cryptic. I got the distinct impression that she was alluding to one or more miscarriages between the second youngest, and the new baby. 

17 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I have a 3.5 & 11 month old. I have had to send the toddler to pre school 3 days a week and get a nanny another half day a week. I barely survive the ONE day I have the 2 of them... I feel sick thinking of a third. And she homeschools. Well it can’t be that great homeschooling if she has so many kids. It’s just impossible surely?

OMG, I forgot/didn't consider that she "homeschools." No way is much active schooling getting done. In September, she posted a photo of workbooks. I imagine the older kids are sat down with the books while the younger ones scribble in a Jesus coloring book.

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Bobbye implied in one of her social media posts around the time of the baby's birth that she had intentionally waited until his birth since "you never know at [her] age", or something similarly cryptic. I got the distinct impression that she was alluding to one or more miscarriages between the second youngest, and the new baby. 

Definitely. The rate of miscarriage is higher in you 40s. I doubt many fundies talk about it on blogs since it's a personal subject but it's pretty typical. So I imagine lots of the fundies we follow had a miscarriage in their 40s. 

8 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Bobbye had 10 miscarriages, including 5 between babies 9 and 10.

Wow. That even beats Jill Rodrigues, who had five SEVERE miscarriages. She made a memorial wall for them recently, including this photograph, complete with the names of her miscarried children:

FADCDAC2-D76D-4F38-A48E-CA757F552AB5.jpeg.fc6b99f2f0a1858b96e389ff8f97a863.jpeg

Lisa Metzger has claimed to have had a lot of miscarriages. Somewhere in the teens. She is pregnant and has 9 bio children and three adopted. So she's had twenty something pregnancies. 

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

She made a memorial wall for them recently, including this photograph, complete with the names of her miscarried children:

She had to go with the glitter letters, eh?

3 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Wow. That even beats Jill Rodrigues, who had five SEVERE miscarriages. She made a memorial wall for them recently, including this photograph, complete with the names of her miscarried children:

There quite a few fundy women with large families who have had high numbers of miscarriages. In addition to Bobbye and Jill, Suzette Keller (Anna's mother) had 9 miscarriages in addition to her 8 children; Zsuzsanna Anderson had 5 miscarriages, a stillbirth and plus 10 children and Becky Bontrager had 5 miscarriages and 10 children.

24 minutes ago, Bethella said:

There quite a few fundy women with large families who have had high numbers of miscarriages. In addition to Bobbye and Jill, Suzette Keller (Anna's mother) had 9 miscarriages in addition to her 8 children; Zsuzsanna Anderson had 5 miscarriages, a stillbirth and plus 10 children and Becky Bontrager had 5 miscarriages and 10 children.

Kelly Bates also had several miscarriages - not sure of the exact number.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Kelly Bates also had several miscarriages - not sure of the exact number.

She had four.

I've said this before and I will say it again. Michelle's low number of miscarriages compared to the number of live births is not the norm. She's very lucky. 1/4 to 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. It goes up if you are in your 40s. I believe I read that around your mid 40s there's a 50/50 chance of miscarriage. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've said this before and I will say it again. Michelle's low number of miscarriages compared to the number of live births is not the norm. She's very lucky. 1/4 to 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. It goes up if you are in your 40s. I believe I read that around your mid 40s there's a 50/50 chance of miscarriage. 

Michelle had like the perfect Fundy Uterus. It would be interesting to know how many miscarriages her mother had. we know she had 7 live births and Michelle was about 12 years younger then her brother and the baby of the family. 

Michelle's mom was 39 when she was born.  she died when Jill was almost 3 months old it would be interesting to know what she would have thought of her daughters maga family. 

I was using fudementalist wiki for the birth dates and I'm really hoping they are wrong because if those dates are right that means Michelle's mom had her oldest child at 14 years old. since it says she was born Feb 1927 and her daughter Carolyn (Tyler's grandma) was born in November of 1941:shocked:

I saw a few pictures of Kressant Morton through social media, and she's clearly pregnant. Several of the photos included traditional "bump" poses. She appears to be at least 6 months along. 

I believe this will be her eighth child, following El Roi Dekalb late in 2016. She's definitely slowing down.

According to some of those photos (were you looking at Bethany's instagram?) it looks like Bethany could also be pregnant, though not worth speculating over yet. Caleb was also born in late 2016.

1 hour ago, albireo said:

According to some of those photos (were you looking at Bethany's instagram?) it looks like Bethany could also be pregnant, though not worth speculating over yet. Caleb was also born in late 2016.

Yes, Kressant and Bethany had their babies only around a month apart. So it would make sense that they would be pregnant yet again at the same time. 

Anna Wolfe may be pregnant with a boy,  judging from this 2/24/2018 FB photo & the congratulatory comments:

If so, I hope that all goes well since IIRC she lost a previous pregnancy.

18 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I saw a few pictures of Kressant Morton through social media, and she's clearly pregnant. Several of the photos included traditional "bump" poses. She appears to be at least 6 months along. 

I believe this will be her eighth child, following El Roi Dekalb late in 2016. She's definitely slowing down.

Which IG are you looking at?  I have access to some but not all of them.  In the pics on Addies I don't see her stomach.  I don't have access to Bethany's or Kressant's.  

52 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Per People magazine Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo are having a girl 

Ugh, I was really hoping it would be all boys in that family for a while. My cousins and I have all had boys, pretty much, with just 4 girls out of 21 great-grandkids, so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Well, first Duggar daughter to have a daughter, that'll keep publicity going for a while. I imagine Jill is seething.  

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Ugh, I was really hoping it would be all boys in that family for a while.

Same, I was really hope they'd be nothing but boys forever, because while the patriarchy hurts men too, and it's not a good life for the Fundy men, it's worse for the women. 

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Well, first Duggar daughter to have a daughter, that'll keep publicity going for a while. I imagine Jill is seething.  

At least the Vuolos haven't made any noises about being quiverfull.  Here's to this daughter being the last for the cult.

On 4/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Michelle had like the perfect Fundy Uterus. It would be interesting to know how many miscarriages her mother had. we know she had 7 live births and Michelle was about 12 years younger then her brother and the baby of the family. 

Michelle's mom was 39 when she was born.  she died when Jill was almost 3 months old it would be interesting to know what she would have thought of her daughters maga family. 

I was using fudementalist wiki for the birth dates and I'm really hoping they are wrong because if those dates are right that means Michelle's mom had her oldest child at 14 years old. since it says she was born Feb 1927 and her daughter Carolyn (Tyler's grandma) was born in November of 1941:shocked:

While 14 is young at any time, it would not be extremely unusual if her correct birthdate is in the late 1920's. People married younger, especially women, in that general time period.  Or at least that is what I think.

19 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Anna Wolfe may be pregnant with a boy,  judging from this 2/24/2018 FB photo & the congratulatory comments:

If so, I hope that all goes well since IIRC she lost a previous pregnancy.

I don't think she is quite as fundy as she seemed to be earlier on, I think she is out of a devout Christian family but my feeling is that she was more fundy than her family.  I was lurking here when the Wolfe's were in China, I remember seeing that they were going as missionaries but they were there because of her husband's job. I think that they are good parents and their girls seem to be well cared for.

2 minutes ago, Briefly said:

While 14 is young at any time, it would not be extremely unusual if her correct birthdate is in the late 1920's. People married younger, especially women, in that general time period.  Or at least that is what I think.

I don't think she is quite as fundy as she seemed to be earlier on, I think she is out of a devout Christian family but my feeling is that she was more fundy than her family.  I was lurking here when the Wolfe's were in China, I remember seeing that they were going as missionaries but they were there because of her husband's job. I think that they are good parents and their girls seem to be well cared for.

I guess you're right I mean look at Loretta Lynn it's just Wow.   no wonder she didn't have an issue with 17 year old Michelle getting married. 

On 4/8/2018 at 7:32 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think that date is wrong. Ethel was born in February 1927 and she married Garrett in April 1943 (still only 16). I was pretty sure that Pam was the oldest sister and her birthdate in June 1944 would match that, as would the birthdates listed for her children (remember the story that when Ethel was pregnant with Michelle, her oldest daughter as pregnant at the same time?). Plus if Carolyn was born in 1941, she's 20 years older than her husband and she would have been 50 and 52 when her two children were born, which is unlikely. 

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived