IGNORED

Children Stacked Like Cordwood: Upcoming Babies 10

Bethella

11 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Not sure where to put this, but for those wondering about Courtney Rogers, she's 30 weeks with #9 and doing great. Here's a pic of all the kids- I think it really shows just how little ALL her kids are. 

I wanted to scroll through her feed, but now her IG account is gone. Damn. She might be reading here and saw us talking about her pictures.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two insta sights for Courtney, one is Instabut and the other one is Instagram. Not sure what the difference is. The Instabut site is locked down but the Instagram is still open.  Well, until she or her husband reads this since she was not locked until we talked about her!

I may have her confused with another fundy, but if memory serves, Courtney commented here many moons ago. She seems to be aware of the interest she attracts online, and has periodically altered or removed social media accounts when she felt that too much attention was coming her way. 

The only thing that any of us ever seem to say that is arguably negative relates to the potential impact of so many pregnancies on her health. However, to offset that, we've compiled several iterations of the World's Biggest Strategic Reserve of Monosyllabic Boy-Flavored "C" names for her current and future reference.

FreeJinger is a one-stop baby name shop, Courtney!  I'm still hoping for Cora, Cassandra, or Caroline, but even if you end up giving Callie and Callena a little sister named Callia, I'll just hold out hope for the next one.

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I may have her confused with another fundy, but if memory serves, Courtney commented here many moons ago. She seems to be aware of the interest she attracts online, and has periodically altered or removed social media accounts when she felt that too much attention was coming her way. 

The only thing that any of us ever seem to say that is arguably negative relates to the potential impact of so many pregnancies on her health. However, to offset that, we've compiled several iterations of the World's Biggest Strategic Reserve of Monosyllabic Boy-Flavored "C" names for her current and future reference.

FreeJinger is a one-stop baby name shop, Courtney!  I'm still hoping for Cora, Cassandra, or Caroline, but even if you end up giving Callie and Callena a little sister named Callia, I'll just hold out hope for the next one.

I have not been on this site that long so I have not seen her commenting on here, but it makes sense that she probably reads here.

I need to know what an average day in Courtney's house is like. I have two kids, 3.5 and almost 1.5, and every day here is insanity. By bedtime every night I am SO DONE. HOW HOW HOW is she doing this--and looking nicely put together, on top of it all--especially while perpetually pregnant? Lots of blanket training? Just letting them run wild? Naturally cooperative kids (I doubt it)?

3 hours ago, darkplumaged said:

I need to know what an average day in Courtney's house is like. I have two kids, 3.5 and almost 1.5, and every day here is insanity. By bedtime every night I am SO DONE. HOW HOW HOW is she doing this--and looking nicely put together, on top of it all--especially while perpetually pregnant? Lots of blanket training? Just letting them run wild? Naturally cooperative kids (I doubt it)?

I have a 3.5 & 11 month old. I have had to send the toddler to pre school 3 days a week and get a nanny another half day a week. I barely survive the ONE day I have the 2 of them... I feel sick thinking of a third. And she homeschools. Well it can’t be that great homeschooling if she has so many kids. It’s just impossible surely?

Yes, I do think there is blanket training, strict mealtimes,etc going on.  She may be "suited" for large family mothering but she is only human. The amount of children she has had in the amount of time is mind blowing. Throw in pregnancy, cleaning, cooking, "homeschooling" and the various stages her kids are in and I call bs.  She shows a picture on IG but that doesn't show us the whole story.. I have said this again, this is where the unrealisti expectations of children starts....even if you have an easygoing temperament, there is still stuff to do on a daily basis....Then marches in buddy partners, crappy meals, crappy schooling, etc.

Different topic: Molly Valenti Jones is pregnant with her first, due November 18.  She is the sister of Katie Valenti Bradrick.

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

Yes, I do think there is blanket training, strict mealtimes,etc going on.  She may be "suited" for large family mothering but she is only human. The amount of children she has had in the amount of time is mind blowing. Throw in pregnancy, cleaning, cooking, "homeschooling" and the various stages her kids are in and I call bs.  She shows a picture on IG but that doesn't show us the whole story.. I have said this again, this is where the unrealisti expectations of children starts....even if you have an easygoing temperament, there is still stuff to do on a daily basis....Then marches in buddy partners, crappy meals, crappy schooling, etc.

Different topic: Molly Valenti Jones is pregnant with her first, due November 18.  She is the sister of Katie Valenti Bradrick.

I completely agree with you. I am sure Courtney loves her children and does her best, but if we are being realistic, her best is probably not good enough. Which means sleep training newborn's, blanket training, buddy systems, Parenting siblings, and very little to no one on one time for their children. 

Tanya Linzey has had another baby, her 16th. Priscilla May. Personally I dislike the name Priscilla (it seems very dated to me) but she's a cute baby. No birth date is given but judging by the blog post's timeline she was born sometime after Christmas.

Just now, Triplet3 said:

Tanya Linzey has had another baby, her 16th. Priscilla May. Personally I dislike the name Priscilla (it seems very dated to me) but she's a cute baby. No birth date is given but judging by the blog post's timeline she was born sometime after Christmas.

based on the link @youthfulclearly posted, she was born January 19

8 minutes ago, Bethella said:

based on the link @youthfulclearly posted, she was born January 19

Yes, I was just going by the blog post and didn't think to check the 'Meet the family' page too as I immediately rushed over here to post instead! @youthfulclearly and I cross-posted

I knew Tanya was pregnant! I could tell based on pictures from thanksgiving. She was wearing baggy clothing but the way she stood screamed pregnant. I always stood the same way when pregnant. 

Goodness o: I had a feeling Tanya might have at least one more, but I'm still a little surprised, especially considering her age. How old was Michelle Duggar when she had Josie, or Kelly Bates when she had Jeb? I don't think she'll pass them up, but I'm beginning to think she might actually end up tying with them on number of kids.

My goodness, she had Abigail in October 2016. Has her fertility slowed down at all?

2 minutes ago, albireo said:

My goodness, she had Abigail in October 2016. Has her fertility slowed down at all?

It doesn't seem so. But I can't imagine her having another! So few fundies get pregnant and carry to term past 46. I think the oldest that comes to mind is Bobbye Holt. She had her last at 47 and it was a total surprise since it had been at least 5 years since her last. 

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It doesn't seem so. But I can't imagine her having another! So few fundies get pregnant and carry to term past 46. I think the oldest that comes to mind is Bobbye Holt. She had her last at 47 and it was a total surprise since it had been at least 5 years since her last. 

Gloria Wissmann had Charissa at 48! And also almost 5 years after her last. 

16 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Wow a baby at 46 years of age. I saw their blog does their oldest daughter have a child yet?  

Their oldest daughter is unmarried. It’s their second daughter Elisabeth who’s married. They don’t seem to update the blog much but I don’t see anything about any grandkids.

37 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Wow a baby at 46 years of age. I saw their blog does their oldest daughter have a child yet?  

As @mango_fandango said, it's their second oldest daughter, Elisabeth Radfar. She had boy named Joel, he was due October 4 but we don't know the actual birthdate. 

What I wonder about huge families of young children's like Courtney's, is what happens if she gets the 'flu?  Michelle Duggar was lucky because after Josh, she had a lot of daughters, hence the sister-mom-ing at age 6 etc, but even so, in families with rigid gender roles, what happens?  Do they pull in a grandmother to take over?  Or do they send out an SOS to their church communities?  But what if they homechurch?  Do the kids just have to live in dirty clothes, eating packet food in a messy house until the mother is well again, while the patriarch finds people to change the nappies?

Not to mention @Lurky if mom goes down with the flu or the stomach virus she most likely got it from the kids. So most of the house needs tending while she's feeling like death warmed over. 

I was reading the Linzey about me page and their one son has Downs but they way they mention it is so ridiculous . 

I am a little angel! People say that I have Downs Syndrome, but that doesn’t bother me. 
I love to smile and laugh with any of my siblings who will hold me and talk with me or read me a book, and I am learning how to say lots of words. My younger sister, Amanda and I are finding new things all the time -- some of our findings are making great stories, others don't have such a comforting consequence. I don't like change, but am (hesitantly) getting used to trying new things in moderation. But my siblings are good about making sure that I am alright, and I know I'm am well loved by my whole family!

“People say that I have Downs Syndrome” that sounds like the people are lying to the kid. 

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived