IGNORED

Joy and Austin 19: 273 Days After the Wedding Gideon Arrived

Coconut Flan

I'm tempted to see if I can claim my mother's Cuban citizenship...that's how much I detest the USA. We are actively looking for somewhere to go as soon as he starts collecting his Navy reserve retirement...4 and a half years to go.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Could be genetics. Michelle said Jessa came out looking like a little sumo wrestler. 

Michelle also said that she ate a candy bar every day of her pregnancy with Jessa. 

Gideon is a trench coat wearing Angel from the best Disney Canadian Christmas movie ever made!!! He spends the movie playing the harmonica in trees watching small children. 

IMG_1248.JPG

3 hours ago, Sherresed said:

I can't imagine having a ten pound baby!

Truth be told, I can't imagine having an 8 lb baby. 

I was exactly 8 lbs and born vaginally and my mother tore SO MUCH. I cannot imagine a baby over 10 lbs!

My father was two weeks late and weighed 10lbs. Apparently my grandmother ate a lot of Mars bars.

I was just 7lb 11oz and, well, let’s just say an episiotomy wasn’t enough for my poor mother... I did have a humongous head though (still huge today). 

My dad was a chubby baby, a few ounces under 10 lbs, but he was a LONG baby, 23 inches! His feet would dangle off my grandmother's arms while she was holding him, lol

I was born a few days short of 42 weeks and was a little over 7 lbs.  Ended up being a C-section since I was breech.

It'll be interesting to see how much Kendra and Joe's baby weighs.  My guess is that Jinger will have another whopper.

I've been obsessed with the soundtrack for the move 'Call Me By Your Name', so the name Gideon makes me think of this song

Spoiler

My love of Sufjan Stevens also helps with the comparison. :pb_lol:

Yeah so I'm just gonna add on to the multiple requests that political thread drift be continued in its own thread, please. 

The U.S. 2016 election was fucking brutal for most of us, and I see the drift is starting to go there now. I'm going out of my way to not get into it with you all on this website,. because it brings up a lot of pain and anger for all of us in one way or another, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who isn't emotionally equipped to sort through that right now.

You all probably know by now that I have a big mouth; I'm having a hard time not taking the bait and going off on a rant about the election while skimming this thread drift. I avoid the politics subforum on purpose, because I need to for my mental health. The election did a number on me in that area. So discussion on this is not what I visit FreeJinger for.

Seeing the discussion start to go there and continue, especially those posts about the DNC essentially being "Republican" after the kind of harassment and abuse I witnessed hurled at women in the Democratic party who wouldn't get behind Bernie (NOT GOING THERE OH GOD NO NOPE NOEegdfg)...think what you want, but I don't want to read this. Not here. And it's getting hard to skim the thread drift. 

I don't want to discourage you all from having these chats if it's benefiting you in some way to do so - but please, continue it in another thread, not in the Joy and Austin one where everyone's checking in about the birth announcement. Thanks.

All that said... I'M SO UPSET they didn't name him Ricky Martyn!! :tw_bawling:

Cute baby! However, o think I actually prefer the name spurgeon to Gideon. Never thought I'd prefer spurgeon to anything haha. I had a 41 hour labor and looked way rougher than Joy, I give her credit for even taking a picture and sitting up.

ETA: Im killin it on calling these sex predictions so far! Im pretty proud of my self even though I'm pretty using my grandmas theory :pb_lol:

How is Gideon pronounced? Are there different ways to say it? 

I keep hearing it in my head as Giddy - On and keep imagining this baby with boot spurs and a cowboy hat, so I love the "Giddy up, Gideon!" comment someone posted earlier in this thread (can't find it right now)... lol! 

3 minutes ago, mizandry said:

How is Gideon pronounced? Are there different ways to say it? 

I keep hearing it in my head as Giddy - On and keep imagining this baby with boot spurs and a cowboy hat, so I love the "Giddy up, Gideon!" comment someone posted earlier in this thread (can't find it right now)... lol! 

The only way I've ever heard it pronounced (by an American English speaker at least) is GID-ee-uhn where "Gid" is is pronounced rhyming with "Kid". Now, they *might* pronounce it closer to "Gid-ee-ohn", but I'm just throwing around alternatives here.

Who do we think will have babies in the most rapid succession? Joy got pregnant incredibly fast, I wonder if they will have more babies quickly?

i had 3 babies in 3 years- got pregnant after my first about 3 months later, surprise. My third baby I was actively preventing- but he had other ideas and I was pregnant 4 months after my second was born. I'm happy with how it turns out but wow- my body was beat up (still is) from such closely spaced pregnancies and related birth complications. 

I know Jill's are spaced about 18 months which is good to recover from her c sections. Jessas are a bit closer... I have this dreadful feeling joy may have rapid pregnancies and she is really young, anybody know how far apart Michelle's and the others are spaced?

9 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Holy cow!! My baby is 11 weeks and hasn't hit 10 lbs yet. My baby was born naturally but the labor and delivery went relatively quickly so she didn't have a cone head. Someone was saying a round head is suspicious like a c-section. Not necessarily. 

Two of mine were round headed and right at 10 and 10.5ish. *shrug* All of my kids were pretty big. I was too though. I expected it lol! None were that bad. 

Also, my 11wk old is right at 17lbs.

My MIL brought him some clothes and I laughed my ass off at some of them saying "3months up to 11lbs"

I am surprised  that his name is Gideon. Martyn  I expected. He's cute! I've always thought it as odd how strong the kids resemble each other. Watching grandkids has been interesting  as well.

I couldn't figure out how to quote but APGARS  are at 1 and 5 min after birth. You can't really transfer after and do them lol.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Gideon is a trench coat wearing Angel from the best Disney Canadian Christmas movie ever made!!! He spends the movie playing the harmonica in trees watching small children.

Perfect match for Jana

I couldn't even imagine having sex 3 months after my first, nevermind getting pregnant...you must be a superhero to do 3 in 3.

It will be between Joy and Jessa, with Joy having the advantage of being younger when she started and also seemingly having few/no opinions of her own so I can see her totally not thinking about any sort of family planning. I think that Jessa is more savvy and that she'd catch on after 4-5 that maybe this isn't all it's cut out to be.

Jill is hamstrung by her inability to have vaginal births thus far. Who knows about Kendra...but I feel like there is less pressure for women marrying into the Duggar clan to reproduce and they will also get less publicity, less glory, less media attention, fewer perks/gifts so in that way they are not as incentivized.

I was one of two 10 pound babies my mom delivered.  (I was by C-section).

Both my own kids were 7 or less.  I actually can't remember.  I feel like a bad mother.  In my defense it was a very painful time in my life (both times) and I was just pretty happy that they came out at all.  

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You never watched Criminal Minds. :lol: I like the name, I wouldn't have picked it but it could SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!

I actually really like the name Gideon -- it's one I have in my back pocket for when we have kids. :my_shy:

Criminal Minds def makes me think of it, even if Gideon was written out of the show because Mandy Patinkin was unhappy, which is a story in itself. He didn't expect the show to portray so much violence against women, and said he found it destructive to his soul and personality. I personally enjoy the show (it's one of my favorites, tbh), but I definitely see where he is coming from... I can only watch a few episodes at a time because the content wears on me.

Anyway, it's been a while since I watched the earlier episodes, but I remember liking the character. And Patinkin seems like an all around great guy, not to mention he's insanely talented -- he played Che in Evita on Broadway and Archibald in The Secret Garden musical. 

Basically, because of Criminal Minds, I associate positive things with the name Gideon. Also I knew a goldendoodle mix named Gideon and he was adorable. :my_rolleyes:  (I'm strange... I know. I'll show myself out now lol.)

Joy looks like she had him vaginally and it hurts to sit down. I feel her pain. My daughter was born the day after Gideon and was “only” 8 lbs 6 oz. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived