IGNORED

Anna Marie had the baby: Elizabeth Grace is here

anjulibai

2 hours ago, Fluffles said:

I agree. Ruthanne is a beautiful looking child - lovely hair and complexion. She hardly ever smiles, but I don't see her expression indicating that she is sad - like Jennie? Duggar. To me she always looks serene and calm, a bit like her mom - which is just as well as this is the way Papa Maxwell likes his women folk. Thou shalt never get angry or frustrated - the 11th commandment!

Honestly - my completely armchair opinion on Ruthanne is that she has the blessing/curse, however you choose to view it, of resting bitch face.  BTDT got the T-shirt with one of my kids.  May God grant her many years of perfecting it and may she not be forced to smile.  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Ruthanne is just stunning.. She's gonna be a breathtaking looking woman someday!

All those kids are beautiful!

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

Cute and adorable kiddos for sure! The two older ones look very much alike and so do the two younger ones. 

See, and I think Joshua and Lydia look more alike, and Ruthanne and Daniel look more alike. Can't tell with Elizabeth yet, she's still a ball of pudge. 

Regarding the repetition in names, my theory is Steve has a pre-ordained list to choose from.  

On 3/2/2018 at 4:30 AM, SawScar2017 said:

Regarding the repetition in names, my theory is Steve has a pre-ordained list to choose from.  

He must really be really steamed at Joseph and  Elissa then because I doubt either of their children's names would be on that list.  

I keep having this terrible thought about Baby Elizabeth's name. 

What if Christopher totally forgot that was Ruthie's middle name?  He suggests Elzabeth, Anna waits for a couple seconds to see if he realizes what he's done, nothing cllcks so...Elizabeth it is!  Anna would not be allowed to correct him or remind him.

If he suggested the name months ago, maybe he'd realize what he'd done. If he chose the name in the last week of her pregnancy, it might never have crossed his mind.  

I know it's crazy but when I saw the name, my first thought was "Someone forgot their oldest daughter's full name." 

Do crazy conspiracy theories get me sentenced to the prayer closet? 

I couldn't imagine not being able to correct my husband or relative or friend (Mr Nomoxian is all in one) but just trying to imagine being in a place where I couldn't come right out and say something directly... why didn't she say something like "that sounds pretty!" and then a couple minutes later say "How about we write out all of our childrens names to see if it sounds lovely next to our other little ones" and then pretend she didn't notice right away that the name had already been used.

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

What if Christopher totally forgot that was Ruthie's middle name?  He suggests Elzabeth, Anna waits for a couple seconds to see if he realizes what he's done, nothing cllcks so...Elizabeth it is!  Anna would not be allowed to correct him or remind him.

If he suggested the name months ago, maybe he'd realize what he'd done. If he chose the name in the last week of her pregnancy, it might never have crossed his mind.  

I know it's crazy but when I saw the name, my first thought was "Someone forgot their oldest daughter's full name." 

No way. They spent a whole hour coming up with it.

I think they probably put the SM approved names in 2 hats (male/female) and just pulled 2 out of each hat. Voila, a Maxwell child's name is born. Clearly, someone accidentally put the name Elizabeth back into the female hat.

Or she could even have said something like "That's lovely, our girls will match, Ruthanne Elizabeth and Elizabeth Grace!" That's not correcting him, but would still get him to see it.

I want to know what they are going to call Elizabeth, and Kyle too, since they obsessively nickname their grandkids. I hope not Lizzy (Lizzy and Liddy would be too confusing imo) and Bethany has already taken the Beth/Bethie/Betsy derivatives. I think someone suggested Betty, and I think that's really their best choice.

Reminds you of Walder Frey's daughters in Game of Thrones: Walda, Waldra, Waldron, Walderooni....Walderific

ok...

I'll stop now.

I don't know whether to say "Poor Lydia" that she is being left out of the "sharing names with siblings" trend, or be happy that she's got at least a little individuality.

Eliza is also out since it's so close to Elissa. 

Liza and Betty are the only choices not close to other names. My choice is definitely Betty Grace. 

Of all the most recent Maxwells added to the family, I think Arnold's name is the best. It fits him so well. All they did to name him was call out names to see what he responded to. No one hour meetings with lists of bible names and lots of rules. 

I think when the Maxwells don't completely bind themselves up with rules, they actually make their best choices.

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Eliza is also out since it's so close to Elissa. 

Liza and Betty are the only choices not close to other names. My choice is definitely Betty Grace. 

Of all the most recent Maxwells added to the family, I think Arnold's name is the best. It fits him so well. All they did to name him was call out names to see what he responded to. No one hour meetings with lists of bible names and lots of rules. 

I think when the Maxwells don't completely bind themselves up with rules, they actually make their best choices.

Did they post rules that Anna and Christopher use for naming?

4 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

You mean Christopher, right?  Because I doubt Anna has much to say about anything in that house.

On 3/6/2018 at 11:35 AM, usmcmom said:

I don't think it would be verboten to say "Honey, that's Ruthie's middle name, remember, but if you think it's a great name--who cares how many times we use it."

32 minutes ago, Granwych said:

You mean Christopher, right?  Because I doubt Anna has much to say about anything in that house.

I think she probably does. 

Honestly, at first I thought it was funny, the joking about him forgetting Ruthanne’s middle name and Anna not being “allowed” to remind him, but now it’s going on as though that’s really the way it is. Much like the idea that each baby is named in that one scheduled session and that’s all the thought and time they ever put into it lol. 

Hell, my baby sister and I were given the same middle name, and never thought it was a big deal.

11 minutes ago, Hane said:

Hell, my baby sister and I were given the same middle name, and never thought it was a big deal.

My sister and I have the same middle name as our mother. It's not a big deal. If the girls had the same middle name I would think it no big deal. I think it's that shewas given a first name after her sisters middle name that I think is out of the ordinary. 

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Yes, on the blog. Look back a few weeks on the blog. 

14 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Reminds you of Walder Frey's daughters in Game of Thrones: Walda, Waldra, Waldron, Walderooni....Walderific

ok...

I'll stop now.

Or George Foreman's 5 sons: George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI. They are also known by the nicknames "Monk", "Red", "Joe" "Big Wheel" and "Little George

They could go with Ella as a nickname (like the sister of Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna), or if they really wanted to go wild, I knew an Elizabeth in college who went by Zab. Though I also think Eliza is far enough away in pronunciation from Elissa (Eh-liss-a vs. Ee-lie-za) that it's a viable choice. I also just love the name Eliza. 

14 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I don't think it would be verboten to say "Honey, that's Ruthie's middle name, remember, but if you think it's a great name--who cares how many times we use it."

But these are the very same Maxwells who think it's inappropriate for a wife to remind her husband to order pizza, nevermind that the kids will starve.

Archived