IGNORED

Anna Marie had the baby: Elizabeth Grace is here

anjulibai

44 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

During the Elizabeth and joe fiasco someone made this comment on the Maxwell blog:

Adele on August 14, 2012 at 3:09 pm said:

Sometimes it lasts in love and sometimes it hurts instead. Praying for you all.

Rolling in the deep well of His mercy,

Adele

its discussed here: 

That. Is. GENIUS.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, they couldn't put a little pink hat on her soft newborn head so we all now Elizabeth is really a girl? Had to be a flower headband? FFS.

I just thought of something. In a few days'/weeks' time, we'll get the obligatory Baby Photo Session, with little Betty Grace wrapped up in a gauze like a miniature mummy, rings dangling off her toes, and her and NR-Anna in white clothing made even more blinding by Prissy's terrible photography skillz. Joshua, Ruthie, Lydia and Danny will be in matching outfits.

Heh—all the folks here who are aflutter about “name reuse” re middle names would have a stroke over my family’s naming conventions.

My baby sister and I share a middle name, the female version of our paternal grandfather’s name. My middle sister’s middle name is my baby sister’s first name. My niece and my daughter both have my mom’s first name as a middle name—and now so do I. (When I went back to my maiden name, I changed my middle name, which I’d never liked, to my mom’s name.)

One of my boy cousins is a III. His first name is his younger brother’s middle name. His younger brother has the same name as the stillborn baby brother born before him.

One of my uncles is named after an older brother who died at the age of 3.

I know a woman named Vincenza, after her grandmother, though she goes by her middle name. She says that there are so many Vincenzas and Vincents in her family that, when someone yells “Hey, Vinnie!” at a family gathering,  half of them turn around.

Last but not least, my middle sister once said, “75% of the people in my house are named John.” (my dad, her husband, and her son)

Creative naming isn’t a big plus in old-fashioned Italian Catholic families. I got shot down when I wanted to name my daughter Cassandra.

I'm trying to figure out the words stenciled about the marital bed.  I believe there is a phrase beginning with "I"  and below a phrase beginning "stayed on"

I think I need to buy a vowel or two before I can finish this puzzle.

I'm turned off by the fundy craze of stenciling bible verses everwhere--or having fundy maidens paint verses on the wall in fancy calligraphy (The Bower and Bontrager gals are especially fond of that--its like the 21st century fundy equivalent of young ladies sitting around painting china or embroidering shit). But I understand that it cheaper than art, and you can just paint over it when you need more wall space for photos of your ever-expanding quiver. 

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm trying to figure out the words stenciled about the marital bed.  I believe there is a phrase beginning with "I"  and below a phrase beginning "stayed on"

I'm turned off by the fundy craze of stenciling bible verses everwhere--or having fundy maidens paint verses on the wall in fancy calligraphy (The Bower and Bontrager gals are especially fond of that--its like the 21st century fundy equivalent of young ladies sitting around painting china or embroidering shit). But I understand that it cheaper than art, and you can just paint over it when you need more wall space for photos of your ever-expanding quiver. 

I hate hate hate stenciled words on walls. I’d rather walk into someone’s house and see neon vomit and fecal matter than some “live love laugh” type shit.

My colleague and her husband really liked a name starting with J and gave their first son this name as a second name so he is EJ. Afterwards they regretted they didn't pick it as a first name so when they had another son he is J as a first name instead. Three of my cousins are all Anna+ another name and their mom is Ann+ another name. My cousins all go by their second name and the mom by both names. I really don't think doubling Elizabeth is that bad. It is a common name and a nice name, it could be so much worse.  

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

Well, we know that Christopher isn't the most sparkly of the Maxwells, and NR Anna probably just follows his lead. 

I think they're all about as sparkly as a black hole in space.

Yeah, I have similar things in my family. I mean, I come from a long line of Catholics. So repeating names isn't a foreign concept to me. But for whatever reason, I still think it's odd in this case. Not wrong, just odd. Maybe it's because there doesn't seem to be a reason for it - but that could just reflect my own ignorance. Perhaps Anna has a grandmother or aunt named Elizabeth who she wants to honour.

Regardless, I don't think it's all that common to reuse your last daughter's middle name as your next daughter's first name, and I don't think people are off base to wonder why they'd choose that when there were other biblical names available. It's curiosity, not condemnation (on my part, anyway).

1 hour ago, Lollipopgirl said:

Interesting that Sarah is the one staying behind and helping with childcare. I would have been less surprised if it had been Anna or Mary. They always seem much more engaged with the younger kids.

Anna & Mary play and sing [sic] in case some Gospeltainment breaks out in AR.

PSarah will - in theory - have the whole mothership to herself. Get a can of Pringles and go nuts, girl!

...A short can, of course.

45 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"I...stayed on..."  over a headboard.  oh dear, the places a heathen mind will go...... 

bless me, Rufus, for i have a sinful mind.  but i hate these cutesy stencils too.  and i agree that Live-Love-Laugh is the worst of the bunch for being bland, stale, clii-shae, and overused.

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Huh! I’m not getting the dislike. I’ve found several nonsectarian quotes on decals at Dollar Tree and when I’ve tired of them, they lift right off. 

FTR: they are

”Be the change you wish to see in the world” (wrongly attributed to Gandhi, but I just overlook that)

and

”The best things in life aren’t things” (thst was up in my kitchen for 5 years. I took it down and replaced it with a thing — a framed digital print a friend produced of an 1860s mess hall)

(So much for non-materialism!)

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

There's plenty of names they could have used besides one they had already used. Deborah, Tabitha, Naomi, Rebecca, Esther, Hannah, Priscilla, Joanna, all perfectly nice names. 

But some of those women were uppity.

2 hours ago, Jatalie1996 said:

On a lighter note, NR Anna looks gorgeous, as usual.

Agreed.  She hardly looks mussed in the last picture, much less looking like she gave birth earlier in the day.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

bahahahahahahha that Adele comment. 

Bless that person. 

One of FJ's great trolling moments. I forget all the copycats, but I know somebody got a Whitney Houston one by Goalie Steve. I'll fess up to being behind the Katy Perry one.

ETA: Now that I think about it, I don't recall if "Adele" ever came forward, so maybe it wasn't a Jinger. But definitely some of the copycats were.

I know a family that have three sons. The youngest son's first name is the same as the eldest son's second name. Their mom said she never expected to have three boys and really loved the name Tristan. 

Isaiah 26:3 maybe?

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Seriously, they couldn't put a little pink hat on her soft newborn head so we all now Elizabeth is really a girl? Had to be a flower headband? FFS.

When my son was born via c-section, the nurse in charge of his care brought 2 hats - one pink and one blue - to the OR because we didn't know what we were having. Wouldn't you know DS is blessed (cursed?) with my dad's giant head and the blue hat didn't fit.  The very first picture we have of him, he's in a cute little pink hat. I think it's adorable. I imagine Maxwell heads would explode!  

I have a story! I know someone whose parents faught over her name and middle name. Mom wanted "_______ Elizabeth" and dad wanted "Elizabeth ________." Mom won. Then they get divorced and dad remarried. Guess what he names their first daughter? Elizabeth. It was just weird because of the history of the name. Kind of a little fuck you to his ex. 

If you want to check out some name reusing, check out the Arndts. It's crazy.

http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Arndt_Family

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a story! I know someone whose parents faught over her name and middle name. Mom wanted "_______ Elizabeth" and dad wanted "Elizabeth ________." Mom won. Then they get divorced and dad remarried. Guess what he names their first daughter? Elizabeth. It was just weird because of the history of the name. Kind of a little fuck you to his ex. 

If you want to check out some name reusing, check out the Arndts. It's crazy.

http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Arndt_Family

What the what. Outside of Maxhell, the Arndts are the fundies with which I have the most unhealthy obsession (I just don’t get it...all at home...penguins...all at home...) but I never knew the had so many hyphenated first names.

Send ferrets and animal crackers by the two’s. I’m off to to investigate this.

So are we going to see the super amazing over head photoshoot with cookies spelling out the new blessings name....or did we wreck that?

Mwhahahhahahaa

Archived