IGNORED

Anna Marie had the baby: Elizabeth Grace is here

anjulibai

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

Precious Moments figurines creep me out, to be honest.  Those weird eyes, I guess.  Now, I have a pretty nice collection of snowglobes, but those are in my living room.  I don't know anyone who puts stuff like that on their dresser--I have my jewelry box, eyeglass holder, small lamp, etc.  I suppose putting those figurines up the keeps them out of the reach of the kiddos.

Here’s my take on the PM snowscene: Ofchris wears no makeup nor jewelry (wedding band excepted), styles her hair pretty much the same way daily—so her beauty box includes a comb, hair fasteners of some sort, and probably a facial moisturizer. She can afford to have her little collection out 24/7/365 because she has naught else to display. Which again is her choice & l’m all about The C.

Ruthieanne & The Other One’s sober - to catatonic - facial expressions. First thought: their parents have trained them already to show minimal emotion. 

Sevond thought: they are terrified of the 

TEETH. TEETH T E E T H. TEETH

that glare at them every time the Aunties come around, and have chosen to underplay.

Reusing names: 1962, & it’s still VERY rare that children are born out of wedlock in my family’s milieu. My wild single aunt has a little girl & names her Elspeth, while my name is Alspaeth.  BMJB is vaguely embarrassed but it amuses me, and the rest of our lives, I’m Big El and my cousin is Little El. 

As long as I’m editing for riffles: of all the costumed mascots out there, few are as off-putting as Tommy at Precious Moments Land (whatever) in SW Missouri. The huge wall mural of Heaven with the PM’s founder’s deceased child being greeted by Jesus is touching except IIRC there are teardrop-headed angels with teardrop-shaped eyes.... 

That was one gift shop I got out of with minimal purchases, again IIRC. Maybe some breath mints! 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A relative by marriage (and no longer a relative) committed the unpardonable sin of inheriting a beautiful antique wood  w/ mother of pearl inlay display cabinet--and filled it with her Precious Moments figurines.

Sarah answered a comment about the verse above their bed. It reads “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3

Sadly it contains no funny innuendos... 

I'm disappointed in Sarah for not going to the Arkansas retreat thing because those events are her only chance at finding a suitor. You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket! Oh well, maybe Anna or Mary will get a chance instead.

Yeah, me too. Mary’s holding Lydia in one photo.

One of the commenters says that five is the number of grace in the Bible. I think that’s the reason the Bateses gave for naming Katie Grace Bates. 

In a comment reply (someone mentioning about NR Anna looking so put-together after birth) Sarah said lol. I don’t think she’s ever said that before (that I know of). 

My grandmother was one of a bunch of children who lived on a farm.  Several siblings had reused names from other siblings who passed in infancy before them.  I always thought that was a little weird, but then maybe it was their way of grieving. 

55 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I'm disappointed in Sarah for not going to the Arkansas retreat thing because those events are her only chance at finding a suitor. You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket! Oh well, maybe Anna or Mary will get a chance instead.

I suspect Anna and Mary are going for the express purpose of exposing them to potential suitors. Sarah has Ellie.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

They were in pyjamas when they met Daniel. Lydia even had bedhair going on! 52B255DE-FC27-4DD7-AA16-C8FB59C40799.thumb.jpeg.a7dc1d4c01b6104cd8c192f5a0c07e21.jpeg

Note how the pjs are pink and they are wearing pink frumpers.  Josh is even wearing a striped shirt both times:

DSC_5799-425x284.jpg

DSC_9469-425x284.jpg

Just now, SPHASH said:

Note how the pjs are pink and they are wearing pink frumpers.  Josh is even wearing a striped shirt and Prissy Chris the same shirt both times:

DSC_5799-425x284.jpg

DSC_9469-425x284.jpg

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

In a comment reply (someone mentioning about NR Anna looking so put-together after birth) Sarah said lol. I don’t think she’s ever said that before (that I know of). 

Maybe when Teri ate a bit of the cheese paper.  Because I guess that's what passes for truly amusing in Maxworld!

Welcome to the world, Lizzie G! As fifth born you'd generally be the baby of the family or at the tail end. You will not be the baby for long. You will have a little sibling in 2019 and another by 2021... You will learn to crawl by catching your knees on your frumpers and face planting into the floors. You will play with your Aunties in their back yard and sing for the Elderly. You will be lost in the middle as one of the many Maxwells. You will know what an abortion is by the time you are toilet trained, yet will have no idea who Dr. Seuss is. You will learn to serve your brothers with a meek heart and will sit up straight in order to get your allotted two fish crackers. You will wear pink frumpers and bows and like it. You will enjoy outings, such as going to the airport to judge immodestly dressed women. 

You know, normally I wouldn't think twice about sharing names. There are a lot of repeated names in my family and I know it's a thing in various cultures.

But this is the MAXWELLS. Who couldn't stand to have two Annas in the family so renamed their daughter-in-law Anna Marie.  Couldn't even stand to have two Sarahs in the vicinity for the duration of Chris's wedding prep and renamed AM's sister Gracie (oh look, Grace is repeated too). They are the LAST people I would expect to repeat any names whatsoever, and especially the name Elizabeth because of the whole Elizabeth Munck thing.

Another thought: I'm sure it is coincidence, but I think it's interesting that their last two kids were named Daniel and Elizabeth, after those were top contenders for Nathan and Melanie's potential D and E babies (who of course ended up being A and B all over again).

18 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Hane,  one of my husband's friends growing up was named Mario who had a sister, Angela.  When they had family over, the kids were all named Mario or Angela.

In some traditional Italian families, the oldest kids are named after their paternal grandparents. So if Grandpa was Mario and Grandma was Angela, then all the firstborn cousins are Mario or Angela (assuming that their parents are following tradition). I have a friend who married into a Greek family and it was the same with them. She had to name her son after her husband's father and her daughter after her husband's mother. The daughter ended up with a "foreign" sounding name that is almost impossible for an Anglo-American to pronounce properly.

Elizabeth Grace is a perfectly timeless name. Everyone knows how old most Paytons, Britneys, Ethans and J/K/Br/Aidans are. Those are perfectly nice names but have become fashionable over the last twenty years or so.  EG is timeless.  I hope they call her something like Lily Grace or as as someone suggested, Betty Grace.  Cute!

NR Anna's kids do look so clean and put ttogether every time they are in the blog but maybe NR  Anna doesn't want her kids looking untidy because the Internet  is forever. I actually get that. Who knows what they look like when the camera is not around.  Maybe, big maybe, they get musssed up and grimy.  Hope so. I mean, how does anyone keep a bunch of  basically toddlers looking perfect all the time unless they have constant "help."

As far as Sarah not going to the conference, again Maybe she had a choice and just found it too depressing to be hauled off with Mommy and Daddy and the kid siblings to do what, smile and shill products.  I can't see that many eligible guys her age would be there.   Besides, Teri and Steve know about all the eligible guys in Fundieland. Bet on it. I've said that before and I'll say it again.

I feel so sad for Sarah. And angry because no has the right to steal anyone's heart. Which is connected to their soul.

Just my two cents for the day.

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Ruthieanne & The Other One’s sober - to catatonic - facial expressions. First thought: their parents have trained them already to show minimal emotion

Maybe they were woken up to see the baby.

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I have a friend who married into a Greek family and it was the same with them. She had to name her son after her husband's father and her daughter after her husband's mother.

One of my fellow students in high school married into a Greek family that was not happy with their son marrying a non-Greek.  Fellow student and her husband lived with his parents, who told her pretty much when to take a dump.  She couldn't take the baby out for a walk unless the inlaws gave permission.  Both her kids were boys, with the first one named after his father, and the second one after his grandfather.  It was a blessing that she never had anymore. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Oh snap - he was wearing the same red shirt when Joshua was born. 

image.png.ed3b2be6c60bddd35778c41b30ab45b9.png

Maybe it's his official ""new daddy" attire--

4 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

My grandmother was one of a bunch of children who lived on a farm.  Several siblings had reused names from other siblings who passed in infancy before them.  I always thought that was a little weird, but then maybe it was their way of grieving. 

I've seen several young sibling graves from the early 1800's with identical names for the kiddos.

6 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

In some traditional Italian families, the oldest kids are named after their paternal grandparents. So if Grandpa was Mario and Grandma was Angela, then all the firstborn cousins are Mario or Angela (assuming that their parents are following tradition). I have a friend who married into a Greek family and it was the same with them. She had to name her son after her husband's father and her daughter after her husband's mother. The daughter ended up with a "foreign" sounding name that is almost impossible for an Anglo-American to pronounce properly.

My cousins are Greek and that's how it worked for the boys. There were A lot of nick names to tell each other apart. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My cousins are Greek and that's how it worked for the boys. There were A lot of nick names to tell each other apart. 

Cf. My Big Fat Greek Wedding: “This is Nick, Nick, Nickie, Nick, Nicholas, Nick...”

On 2/23/2018 at 3:44 PM, terranova said:

Isaiah 26:3 maybe?

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

100% agree on that.

The "thee" is in script of some sort or another 'frilly' type font. And what the OP guessed was an I was actually the bottom of the T for "Thou" (which fits with the bottom of the next visible letters)

I mean, as far as Anna Marie's one nightgown, I suppose among Fundies it's common to just have one nightgown that's exclusively for birthin'? Personally I'd just buy a new one at Wal Mart for each occasion and throw them out after but to each her own. 

On 24.2.2018 at 1:01 AM, usmcmom said:

For some reason,  I was expecting a baby girl to be Hannah or Martha. 

Also, for some reason I care way too much about this baby's name. 

I was thinking Rachel or Esther. And count me in for caring way too much about the baby names of people I've never met.

On 24.2.2018 at 1:57 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you want to check out some name reusing, check out the Arndts. It's crazy.

http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Arndt_Family

I never really followed the Arndts  and must say that their name reusing is insane. And what's with all the double names AND a middle name? None of them has a nice ring IMHO.

3 hours ago, CancerBomb said:

I mean, as far as Anna Marie's one nightgown, I suppose among Fundies it's common to just have one nightgown that's exclusively for birthin'? Personally I'd just buy a new one at Wal Mart for each occasion and throw them out after but to each her own. 

I'm guessing it's her "nice nightgown" that she puts on after she births the baby. I'm guessing those pictures were not right after the birth. It's likely Anna changed her nightgown and fixed her hair. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm guessing it's her "nice nightgown" that she puts on after she births the baby. I'm guessing those pictures were not right after the birth. It's likely Anna changed her nightgown and fixed her hair. 

It could be a nursing nightgown, and looks hand-made to me.  She seems to have great seamstress skills.

Archived