IGNORED

Anna Marie had the baby: Elizabeth Grace is here

anjulibai

20 hours ago, meee said:

You know, normally I wouldn't think twice about sharing names. There are a lot of repeated names in my family and I know it's a thing in various cultures.

But this is the MAXWELLS. Who couldn't stand to have two Annas in the family so renamed their daughter-in-law Anna Marie.  Couldn't even stand to have two Sarahs in the vicinity for the duration of Chris's wedding prep and renamed AM's sister Gracie (oh look, Grace is repeated too). They are the LAST people I would expect to repeat any names whatsoever, and especially the name Elizabeth because of the whole Elizabeth Munck thing.

Another thought: I'm sure it is coincidence, but I think it's interesting that their last two kids were named Daniel and Elizabeth, after those were top contenders for Nathan and Melanie's potential D and E babies (who of course ended up being A and B all over again).

That was my thought also. Normally, if it was nearly anyone else, it would be a whatever thing. I know a Catholic family where all the girls have Maria as a middle name. Granted, they all had like 5 names not counting the surname, but still. Because they aren't ones to reuse names, it is strange to see them reuse their own daughter's middle name as a first name for another and reuse a middle name of a cousin. 

Not on the baby, but anyone notice that they don't mention Calia when talking about their children? 

Joseph Maxwell Family

Joseph graduated from homeschool in 2007. He bought his house debt-free in June 2012. Joseph’s wife is Elissa, and they are expecting their second child in February or March.

Nathan and Christopher have their children listed, but not Joseph having Calia? That seems odd. 

Sarah would love to be a wife and a mother, but she’s waiting on the Lord for that right guy.

Is this a sorta eff you to those who ask about Sarah ever getting married? 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calia used to be mentioned. Not sure why they changed, but I guess Joseph just wants more privacy for his family. 

20 hours ago, Granwych said:

Maybe they were woken up to see the baby.

And dressed and Hair groomed perfectly?

... yeah... May be. Let’s hope. 

38 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Calia used to be mentioned. Not sure why they changed, but I guess Joseph just wants more privacy for his family. 

I bet that’s it. He of all of them suffered most personally (well, Steve suffered in his role as gawd) when E. Munck called off the wedding with days to spare. He has to be aware of the description of him as Smug Joe from the time when a couple of Feminists confronted Steve (and Mary made a hand-heart and protested “but I love my daddy”).  Nate & Mel married before FJ existed on yuku, IIRC, and Chris’s broken engagement was long enough ago that it happened & was embarrassing, but flew a lot farther under the radar. 

Joe has felt the brunt of the internet fame the most, so it makes sense he’d be reserved. 

Maybe they're honoring someone.  My first son is named after his father.  I didn't want a junior but my ex husband did.  So I said every son born thereafter will have their father's name for their middle name.  This way no male children would feel less special in their father's eyes. 

I always got the impression that Sarah was not that fond of children.  She can't go the conference.  How can they market their way of life to make money if they bring their spinster daughter along?  Sarah isn't good for business.  She's too old now to be single. 

As for the dressed kids... if she had the baby at 4 am she might have gone into labor in the evening and sent the kids over to stay with the mothership.  Hence the fully dressed and groomed siblings meeting the baby.  When I went into labor with my 2nd, who was a homebirth, my mom came and got my 3 year old son and took him out to the zoo.  Labor was fast and they came back a few hour later to meet his new sister.  

On 2/24/2018 at 2:42 PM, FloraDoraDolly said:

In some traditional Italian families, the oldest kids are named after their paternal grandparents. So if Grandpa was Mario and Grandma was Angela, then all the firstborn cousins are Mario or Angela (assuming that their parents are following tradition). I have a friend who married into a Greek family and it was the same with them. She had to name her son after her husband's father and her daughter after her husband's mother. The daughter ended up with a "foreign" sounding name that is almost impossible for an Anglo-American to pronounce properly.

Many moons ago I had a friend at work from a large Italian family. 

Their grandmother's name was Beulah. So, there were six girl cousins given the same name at birth. Of the six, five legally changed their names sometime around 18-21. My co-worker/friend's sister changed her name to Angela B.

8 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I always got the impression that Sarah was not that fond of children.  She can't go the conference.  How can they market their way of life to make money if they bring their spinster daughter along?  Sarah isn't good for business.  She's too old now to be single. 

This is so so sad. The whole Maxwellian lifestyle is depressing, but being left behind because your dad treated you so bad and now you get to be punished for that is just sick. 

This makes me think of Jana Duggar. She said on one of the episodes of 17/18/19 KaC that she had to pray for an attitude change because she didn’t like kids, paraphrasing. It would be so depressing to be born into the cult and not want kids. 

44 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

This makes me think of Jana Duggar. She said on one of the episodes of 17/18/19 KaC that she had to pray for an attitude change because she didn’t like kids, paraphrasing. It would be so depressing to be born into the cult and not want kids. 

really????

They were in pyjamas when they met Daniel. Lydia even had bedhair going on! 52B255DE-FC27-4DD7-AA16-C8FB59C40799.thumb.jpeg.a7dc1d4c01b6104cd8c192f5a0c07e21.jpeg

Chris and Anna are wearing the same clothes one baby later!

(Just realised that @anjulbai has already posted this - sorry!)

But seriously - do they just carefully put these clothes away for the next baby shoot?

Also it occurred to me, anyone wonder whether Ruthanne and Lydia might have just been really tired, rather than sad? Not saying that those girls aren't sad (sometimes) but if my insane parents woke me up early in the morning, dressed me immaculately, showed me ANOTHER BABY and started taking pictures, I'd be exhausted. And angry.

To be fair they didn't say when the pictures were taken of the kids meeting their sister. It doesn't appear to be immediately after, Elizabeth looks to be dressed to. It is entirely possible she was born at 4 am, but the siblings were over with the aunties and came home, fully dressed a couple of hours later. We know the the Maxwells are early risers anyway and they don't seem to be the type to lounge around in pajamas. My guess is the came home after they had breakfast between 6 and 7 am. Pure speculation though. 

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

This is so so sad. The whole Maxwellian lifestyle is depressing, but being left behind because your dad treated you so bad and now you get to be punished for that is just sick. 

Tell ya what: Leavenworth is not Paris, France but Fort Smith is even less so. JMHO

Which leads to another of MHO: PSarah got the best deal with this one.

TTBOOK Chris doesn’t leave the house for a day job so it’s not like P is the only other adult at home, and Ofchris is the ultimate mom of many, so she’s probably pretty involved when she’s not napping. 

And - heavy sigh - this is probably where blanket training pays off. Now I’m depressed. 

image.png.dbabdd6303c7874baf79962a4a8bbb89.png

Sarah really isn't happy not have been able to go to the conference. Sounds like it sprung on her, too. I'm guessing she was given a guilt trip about it. That's really unfortunate. 

15 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Sarah really isn't happy not have been able to go to the conference. Sounds like it sprung on her, too. I'm guessing she was given a guilt trip about it. That's really unfortunate. 

That sort of comment comes across to me like she’s trying to convince herself. 

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

That sort of comment comes across to me like she’s trying to convince herself. 

Wondering why PSarah was chosen to stay behind as well--it's always appeared to me that Anna was the most enthusiastic of the auntie caregivers--

9 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Wondering why PSarah was chosen to stay behind as well--it's always appeared to me that Anna was the most enthusiastic of the auntie caregivers--

I get the feeling Sarah hates the traveling dog and pony show.  In the past she hung to the back and took pictures.  I think Sarah & Chris are pretty close.   Hopefully he can find her a mate before the crazies return.

LOVE that smile that Ruthie has in the cookie name photo! She doesn’t smile often but when she does she looks ADORABLE!

07259AFD-CA2C-4005-928C-755E428C6A07.jpeg.7e6f758fb8c7bc18863379495e24888b.jpeg

She looks quite like Joshua in the photo. 

Thinking about it, I think we’re reading far too much into the “grumpy” faces Ruthie and Lydia had. They were most likely just plain tired! I know I wouldn’t look my best during a photo shoot first thing in the morning.

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Probably nothing new there, either.

2 hours ago, petrushka said:

Because Anna, er, sings; and plays some kind of instrument. Whereas Sarah doesn’t sing and tended to lurk upstage, holding a guitar and looking uncomfortable. Gotta keep the band together!

36 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Because Anna, er, sings; and plays some kind of instrument. Whereas Sarah doesn’t sing and tended to lurk upstage, holding a guitar and looking uncomfortable. Gotta keep the band together!

Also, have a late 30s SAHD in the mix doesn't help Steve's brand much.

On 2/24/2018 at 5:31 PM, grammyj said:

NR Anna's kids do look so clean and put ttogether every time they are in the blog but maybe NR  Anna doesn't want her kids looking untidy because the Internet  is forever. I actually get that. Who knows what they look like when the camera is not around.  Maybe, big maybe, they get musssed up and grimy.  Hope so. I mean, how does anyone keep a bunch of  basically toddlers looking perfect all the time unless they have constant "help."

If I had had kids, I would have been the same way. Whenever I had to take my nieces or my childcare kiddos to school, I made sure they were nicely dressed and well-groomed. I didn't want the kids looking like I'd just pulled them out from under the bed and shoved them off to school. Not on my watch. I mean, compare Anna Marie's kids to the youngest Duggars, who look like nobody can be bothered to take care of them.

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

LOVE that smile that Ruthie has in the cookie name photo! She doesn’t smile often but when she does she looks ADORABLE!

07259AFD-CA2C-4005-928C-755E428C6A07.jpeg.7e6f758fb8c7bc18863379495e24888b.jpeg

She looks quite like Joshua in the photo. 

Thinking about it, I think we’re reading far too much into the “grumpy” faces Ruthie and Lydia had. They were most likely just plain tired! I know I wouldn’t look my best during a photo shoot first thing in the morning.

Ruthanne is just stunning.. She's gonna be a breathtaking looking woman someday!

27 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

If I had had kids, I would have been the same way. Whenever I had to take my nieces or my childcare kiddos to school, I made sure they were nicely dressed and well-groomed. I didn't want the kids looking like I'd just pulled them out from under the bed and shoved them off to school. Not on my watch. I mean, compare Anna Marie's kids to the youngest Duggars, who look like nobody can be bothered to take care of them.

I thought that before I had kids. LOL. One of my children is a total pigpen. Messes and dirt cling to him like a magnet. I could bathe him and change his clothing every time we leave the house but I won't. That's way too much extra work just so stranger's won't think poorly of me. I keep his hands and face washed but I can't make any guarantees about anything else. 

15 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Ruthanne is just stunning.. She's gonna be a breathtaking looking woman someday!

I agree. Ruthanne is a beautiful looking child - lovely hair and complexion. She hardly ever smiles, but I don't see her expression indicating that she is sad - like Jennie? Duggar. To me she always looks serene and calm, a bit like her mom - which is just as well as this is the way Papa Maxwell likes his women folk. Thou shalt never get angry or frustrated - the 11th commandment!

Archived