Eight Seewalds preaching

Seven Vuolos posing

Six JoKens laughing

Five Siahs courting!

Four Forsyths flipping

Three Dericks tweeting

Two Kings a-faming 

And a JimBob humping his wife! 

Unfortunately I couldn’t fit everyone, so I focused on the adults. Special shout out to Derick for being the only person with two mentions. He’s just so good at being an asshole so publicly.

(And for those curious, JimBob’s niece is named Amy (Jordan Duggar) King. She has a history of being a fame chaser and she’s appeared on at least one marriage related reality show with her husband. So that’s your, “two Kings a faming.” :pb_lol:)

Wait so if @singsingsing is Richard III for having scoliosis and not liking children. Does that mean because I have red hair, am currently single, and I have no plans to marry that I am Elizabeth I? :P  

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Wait so if @singsingsing is Richard III for having scoliosis and not liking children. Does that mean because I have red hair, am currently single, and I have no plans to marry that I am Elizabeth I? :P  

Damn, you are WAY cooler and more successful than I am. Uh, I mean, than I would be... if I were Richard III... which I'm totally not.

(Oh, and I just want to clarify that I like kids, I think kids are awesome! I'm just not super natural with them. Always worried they're going to mysteriously disappear under my watch for some reason...)

Someone asked about defending Catholics from Fundies when they believe the same thing (I thought it was an interesting question - sorry I can’t remember your name!) I’d say the difference is this:
We aren’t defending the Catholic Church itself as much as we’re defending individual Catholics who don’t subscribe to those teachings. When I make a snarky comment about Jeremy’s Catholic-bashing it’s because I’m thinking of my family, all of whom have been completely accepting and supportive of my LGBTQIA brother. Or I’m thinking of the Catholics I know who think anti-abortion protestors are assholes because everyone should have the right to choose.
(I’m also thinking of our Catholic members here - like [mention=15834]louisa05[/mention] - who have been very vocal about supporting right to choose and LGBTQIA rights, while also showing disapproval of the official stance of their Church. You the real MVPs!)
So, basically, I think the difference is that the Catholic Church may stand on the wrong side of history in many ways, but that doesn’t mean that many actual Catholics agree with those views - compared to members of IBLP, all of whom appear to be militantly opposed to abortion access and LGBTQIA rights. 

Having swam the Thames myself, I still know a fair number of Catholics. Including a large number who don’t buy the BS from the leadership. Who are accepting of all without reservation regardless of what the leadership says.

And I know priests who are not jerks and want to go right by people. Some of whom would have no problem whatsoever with non Catholics receiving communion or extending the invitation to join the priesthood to women. These are the guys who keep plugging away and who often get burned out, while the least worthy are the ones getting kicked upstairs.

There are days I do miss my Catholic days but until the church changes it ways I’m not going back.

1 hour ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

@singsingsing and @Carm_88 I have two sons and a messed up childhood... does that make me Lady Di?  (Please say yes.)

Definitely! We can all be anyone we want to be! :P 

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes.

I have four children, own a tiara, I like hats and purses, so I get to be QE II.

Eliza Hamilton here. Strictly for the ability to make snugglebunnies with current A. Ham Lin-Manuel Miranda of course.

(let me have my dreams...) 

My husband has dark hair, brown eyes, glasses, and a wicked sense of humor. I have green eyes, I’m intelligent, I have a quick tongue, and I’m pasty. We also have one child together. So I’ve decided that 100% means I’m Lily Potter and my husband is James. 

(Cross your fingers and hope we aren’t killed by a Dark Wizard on March 5th when Velocibaby turns 15 months old! :pb_lol:)

ETA: We also have a mostly black dog who considers it her life’s mission to protect our baby. So I’m going to say she’s actually a female Sirius Black.

30 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My husband has dark hair, brown eyes, glasses, and a wicked sense of humor. I have green eyes, I’m intelligent, I have a quick tongue, and I’m pasty. We also have one child together. So I’ve decided that 100% means I’m Lily Potter and my husband is James. 

(Cross your fingers and hope we aren’t killed by a Dark Wizard on March 5th when Velocibaby turns 15 months old! :pb_lol:)

ETA: We also have a mostly black dog who considers it her life’s mission to protect our baby. So I’m going to say she’s actually a female Sirius Black.

Okay but I'm gonna need to see some proof of baby's first broomstick and your pet cat. CANON. 

3 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Okay but I'm gonna need to see some proof of baby's first broomstick and your pet cat. CANON. 

My dog walks on furniture and tries jumping into trees like a cat does. As for baby’s first broomstick... she is pretty fond of knocking it over when we have it leaning up against the kitchen wall. I have a photo somewhere of her half laying on it like she’s riding it. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

This sounds a lot like me and Mr Way as well ... Mayby I should stop letting Miniway wave his wand around and turn me into a frog. He usually turns me back into a mum. But just in case. 

On 1/15/2018 at 4:37 PM, Jenn The Heathen said:

@singsingsing and @Carm_88 I have two sons and a messed up childhood... does that make me Lady Di?  (Please say yes.)

Depends on how many guys you shagged while married. Ouch!

Derick's still wearing clothes that don't fit, I see.  The Jan 13/18 polo looks two sizes too big - it's beyond "loose fit."

It's so weird, because Dan (his brother) and Deena (SIL) both have nice, properly fitted clothing in their FB photos.  So do Jessa/Ben and Jeremy/Jinger.  

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I see somebody who didn't have his nap today.

So.............not him then.

Yet again - Bible quote is from Proverbs and it is Chapter 17 - today is the 17th - just adding evidence to my theory that he reads a chapter of Proverbs daily and thinks he needs to share a quote daily.    

Does he even read the quotes before he posts them? Or does he think 'well today is the 17th, time to post from chapter 17'. Sure read the Bible every day Derick, but think for a sec about the meaning. Sometimes I think the Maxwells, Duggars, Dillards and the rest just memorize the Bible like little robots and have no intellectual curiosity to delve into what it means and how it applies to life.

I’m a Jewish woman with long light brown hair so I must be Mary Magdalene. 

Every time I see a picture in a museum that looks like me it’s Mary Magdalene, without fail.

Speaking of Catholic Early Modern Women, Catherine of Aragon was a bad ass. I can go on for days about how smart she was and how skillful she was diplomatically. She also had a firm belief in her daughters right to rule which was pretty radical in that day and age. Yes, her mother set a precedent for that belief by being the ruler of Castile but at the time no woman had every ruled England in her own right and bloody wars had been fought because of it. Henry VIIIs mother had a better claim to the throne than his father but she was only queen consort. The first ever ruling queen of England? Catherine’s daughter Mary. Current views on Mary’s rule are diverse. She did burn around 150 Protestants in her 5 year rule (someone correct me on those numbers if they are wrong). But look at the stats for the reigns of Henry, Edward, and Elizabeth and she doesn’t come out that bloody in the end. Some historians feel that the foundation set by Mary’s reign was fundamental for the reign of Elizabeth. 

There is a great quote by either Thomas More or Erasmus that if Catherine of Aragon was a man she would have been a great (or greatest) king. Which is something coming from either of those men.

@freedom_for_allI love Catherine. I admire her steadfast commitment to her faith despite everything Henry threw at her.  I know it’s largely fictionalized, but I binged watched “The Tudors” last year and loved loved loved her.  It lead to me reading more scholarly accounts of her life.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived