IGNORED

Dillards 49: Dull Dillards Dulling

samurai_sarah

I’m sick (stupid cold!) and have spent all day in front of TLC. There was a Masterchef Australia marathon on all day until 9pm. Then I couldn’t look away from the trainwreck ”Don’t tell the bride”. It was me sitting there in my pj:s saying ”Why is she marrying that guy?” to Mr Way for an hour. Then I tried to make him tell me how he would organize our wedding (if we weren’t already married) but he was to smart to bite. 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Cathy, "fuck" is such a versatile word. Strong minds find many ways of using it. See below:

Your beliefs are fucking disgusting

Your son is a massive fuckwit

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You are a terrible fuck for beating your children with objects.

I'm over the fuckery that is your twitter account.

Every time I see you whinge about Planned Parenthood, I laugh my fucking ass off.

So on and so fucking forth.

17 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Arminians still believe that grace is a God given gift, there’s no separation between grace alone and Arminianism. Both Calvin and Arminius taught grace is given by god and needed for salvation. 

The difference is that arminians believe in prevenient grace - grace given to all by God, with each individual deciding whether or not to respond whereas Calivists believe is efficacious or irresistible grace which is only given to Gods elect. This grace is irresistible and means the elect will always respond with faith in Jesus and therefore always be saved. 

No because they don’t subscribe to Methodist beliefs and just because the mother of the founders beat her children doesn’t mean the Methodist Church teaches that as the correct thing to do...

I know Methodist don’t subscribe to this way of thinking now. I grew up Methodist. It doesn’t change the fact that this letter outlines Michelle’s parenting style. 

17 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I know Methodist don’t subscribe to this way of thinking now. I grew up Methodist. It doesn’t change the fact that this letter outlines Michelle’s parenting style. 

Okay, but just because Michelle Duggar might share a thing or two in common with old school Methodists, that doesn't make her a Methodist. Like I have scoliosis and I'm not great with kids, but that doesn't make me Richard III.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, but just because Michelle Duggar might share a thing or two in common with old school Methodists, that doesn't make her a Methodist. Like I have scoliosis and I'm not great with kids, but that doesn't make me Richard III.

I was being snarky. 

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Like I have scoliosis and I'm not great with kids, but that doesn't make me Richard III.

This made my British monarchy loving self lose it with laughter.

36 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Well, I've never seen a picture of you, so as far as I know you ARE Richard III and nothing can convince me otherwise :wink:

1 minute ago, Gillyweed said:

Well, I've never seen a picture of you, so as far as I know you ARE Richard III and nothing can convince me otherwise :wink:

I will admit that when they came out with the reconstructed model of his head and face, I thought he kind of looked like me, but my loyalty lies with Henry Tudor. 

1 minute ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

@singsingsingI demand to know what happened to the princes in the tower.

I didn't do it and neither did Margaret Beaufort and that's all I can tell you for security reasons. :pb_lol:

(Also I feel like this is like the third time I've inadvertently started this debate here. I'M SORRY, I DON'T KNOW HOW IT KEEPS HAPPENING.) 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

(Also I feel like this is like the third time I've inadvertently started this debate here. I'M SORRY, I DON'T KNOW HOW IT KEEPS HAPPENING.) 

It’s just further evidence that you are Richard III

13 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Four Dillards Dulling

Nearly three Forsyths

2.5 for JOKEN

and the Seewalds are procreating! (in all probability)

Can't fit JinJer into this yet..

I am so not creative but you could do something about 5 soon to be Seewalds (can't think of what would work in place of 5 golden rings) and then put JinJer at the end. 

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But Cathy, "fuck" is such a versatile word. Strong minds find many ways of using it. See below:

Every time I see you whinge about Planned Parenthood, I laugh my fucking ass off.

I respect you so fkn much for this post, HarleyQuinn :my_heart: :handsex:

Oh crap. I'd forgotten how much the IBLP mothers revered Susannah Wesley, my own mother included. 

That account still gives me chills. (And not the good kind.)

Susannah Wesley sounds nuts.  I'm sure her ideas were common at the time (and even today I've heard similar sentiments from poorly educated but massively-ego'd acquaintances), but they certainly weren't universal.  

Susannah wrote her letter a good two hundred years after Thomas More was raising his truly exceptional daughters.  Thomas More, who wrote that he couldn't punish his daughters with anything more harsh than a feather.  

@acheronbeach I always love to see a Thomas More shoutout - my favourite figure from history. It’s really a shame that it was such a patriarchal society, because I think his daughter Margaret in particular would have been a highly influential and respected figure had women not been shut out of public life.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

@acheronbeach I always love to see a Thomas More shoutout - my favourite figure from history. It’s really a shame that it was such a patriarchal society, because I think his daughter Margaret in particular would have been a highly influential and respected figure had women not been shut out of public life.

Yes!  It's a travesty that all the poetry of "the most learned woman in England," during the Tudor age has been lost.  If she were a man, I'm sure at least some of it would've been copied and saved.  

I wonder what Jilly Muffin would think of Meg Roper, given how her family idolizes women of the good old past?  Yes, Meg was educated (incredibly well) at home, and dutiful to her father, but she was a Catholic, an academic, and worked by translating and writing - even after marriage, and her work was far better known than that of her husband's.  Not that I think Jill probably ever encountered any reference to Roper throughout her subpar education... 

10 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

It’s just further evidence that you are Richard III

My Porsche! My Porsche! My Kingdom for a Porsche! 

@acheronbeach, I'd be willing to bet that JillyMuffin hasn't ever heard of Thomas More, for that matter.

About 40 years ago, I was privileged to hear an English Jesuit (or maybe a Franciscan?) speak about More.  He was reputed to be the world's number 1 expert on Thomas More.  It was a fascinating evening.  I may still have a holy card with a quote from Sir Thomas somewhere. 

There were many many highly educated and  outspoken women  in the Medieval  world..Catherine of Siena,Hildegard of Bingen and esp Christine De Pizan for example. They all wrote profusely and had very strong opinions on pretty much everything. These ladies were extraordinary but a Noble lady was expected to be able to write and converse in a sophisticated and witty manner  as well as run the business of the manor efficiently. 

The Victorians invented  the naive, non academic, meek  clinging vine that the Fundies adore.

FIVE (soon) Seewalds! (I'd lay money on it)

Four Dillards Dulling

Nearly three Forsyths

2.5 for JoKen

And the Vuolos have procreated!

(with apologies to the Twelve days)

18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Cathy reminds me of this scene from Strangers with Candy, where Sara Blank claims to be upset about an incident involving racist graffiti at Flatpoint High. Jerri, her 46 year old step daughter and Flatpoint student, points out that Sara is incredibly racist, and Sara retorts by saying that she’s offended by graffiti, not by the word itself. This is Cathy (and most fundies) in a nutshell; they’re offended by profanity but not the hateful feelings behind racist language.

15 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

FIVE (soon) Seewalds! (I'd lay money on it)

Four Dillards Dulling

Nearly three Forsyths

2.5 for JoKen

And the Vuolos have procreated!

(with apologies to the Twelve days)

Oh boy. Now I’m going to have that song bouncing around in my head all day!

My take on the song

(soon to be) Five Seewalds squalling

Four Dillards droning

Three Fosyths fawning

Two and half Duggars drilling

Two and half Voulos dressing up

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived