IGNORED

Dillards 48: Proselytising Prick Preaching to People

samurai_sarah

Didn’t someone determine Jill and Derrick were living in an apartment building? 

It’s strange Derrick just doesn’t keep sweet to keep riding the TLC gravy train. He has actually held a job and knows how much TLC pays compared to working a real job. Better to bank as much as possible before the show is off the air. I think it’s the same reason Jeremy and Jinger still appear on the show for the paycheck. Jeremy knows it’s a good idea to take the easy money.  

The Duggar offspring have no concept of how hard it is to earn and survive on a real, non-TLC paycheck. I don’t they even know how much living in the real word costs. I think if you threw them out in the real world they would be shocked how little they would make at a real job and how hard it would be to be self-sufficient. 

Derrick should have just held on because once they are off the air he is likely going to have to get a real job. At least with the TLC money they could have saved for a house or for his “missonary” pursuits. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I hope I'm posting this in the right thread. Did you all see this garbage on Cathy's facebook?

I took a screenshot. I'm not surprised by it at all - it just shocks me how abrasive and open they are becoming in such a short span of time now that Derick is off the show.

Spoiler

cldilla1.png.48f7a6a41e7d552cec0591074042cade.png

cldilla2.png.e0938c76dae99cee581085d2cd2e72dd.png

This is why I'm on board with speculating about the safety of those kids; all the signs have been there, and it's not just incriminating photos of Israel being swaddled past infancy (and photographed sobbing for the public to see) or all the blanket photos with uncovered outlets and consistent bruises that has made me believe those kids are being abused (which btw that swaddling/public posting incident in and of itself was abusive in several ways). It's the cultural norm. For anyone to not beat their kids in these circles would make them an anomaly, a "bad parent," and they'd have to be ready to defend that choice constantly.

The Duggars have been trying to keep the details of how they abuse "discipline" their kids on the down low for years and since 2015 have been focused on damage repair and Counting On post-scandals, so I love how the Dillards are paying no mind to the consequences for anyone but themselves now that they've been fired "quit." Trump would love their disloyalty. :pb_rollseyes: Keep it coming, Dills!

OH! And if you scroll down her Facebook... you'll find this charm from May :pb_lol: :

Who did it? Who dedicated their PP donation to her? I'm guessing that's how she got on the mailing list. lmao!

You'd think after years of being in a spokesperson type role on 19 KAC Jill would be better at the marketing game. Then again, memorable moments in 19KAC included a Josie diaper blowout, blocked toilets, and uncomfortable sex talk between the babymakers, so it's not like she learned from the best...

You know, Cathy got a lot of sympathy for her cancer and treatments, but I get the feeling that Derick is the rotten apple that didn't fall far from the tree.

American geography at its finest -- doesn't matter if CA, NY, or TX are large states, there is still plenty of rural space available for people to be underserved.  Just check the abysmal rates of Black maternal mortality -- currently rising in a developed nation! :kitty-cussing:  WTF?! -- to see that there are way too many people going without basic care. What a bitch. 

Poor Izzy and Sammy.  First they have a dad like DWreck and then every adult in their circle thinks babies and toddlers are manipulative sinners in need of beatings.  

Cathy, I like that a lot of assumptions are being made her about Planned Parenthood. I'm not going to tell you anything more but you're making assumptions! 

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

Someone opined that their new digs looked like an apartment. They 100% do not live in an apartment building. It's a duplex.

Cathy can shove that wooden spoon up her own ass. PP has been there for millions of people who need care. All her dumb ass does is complain online and pour money into the pockets of bigots. 

And given DWad’s shit eating grin in that pic, I’d bet money that Izzy has met the business end of a wooden spoon at least once. These people are trash.

Wow. As far as the wooden spoon stuff goes, Derick and Cathy seem like the type of people who are either bored or angry with their own lives and post this kind of stuff just to make people mad and get a reaction. They want attention. A few of my cousins post pictures and do this type of thing all the time on social media. I almost feel sorry for them.

PP stuff is not even on this planet.

I do feel sorry for Izzy and Sammy. Honestly, Derick, and hell Cathy for that matter, probably shouldn't be around children at all.

My heart goes out to little Izzy. Yes, spanking was the norm years ago, but I hoped that we would have learned better. :sad:

Hey Cathy, thanks for the great anti corporal punishment post! Given the way your eldest son turned out, it should be very clear to all of your followers that physical punishment is clearly NOT the answer. Yikes.

Nice to know that Derick is probably beating his own babies with wooden spoons, too.

What an absolutely nasty group of people. Can you imagine if you had the misfortune to be part of that family? No wonder they love Trump, they’re just as ignorant, disgusting and morally bankrupt as he is. It really grosses me out that this is Jill’s husband and mother-in-law, even though I know logically she probably has the same mindset. Still really sad. What a miserable life...

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

It’s strange Derrick just doesn’t keep sweet to keep riding the TLC gravy train. He has actually held a job and knows how much TLC pays compared to working a real job. Better to bank as much as possible before the show is off the air. I think it’s the same reason Jeremy and Jinger still appear on the show for the paycheck. Jeremy knows it’s a good idea to take the easy money.  

The Duggar offspring have no concept of how hard it is to earn and survive on a real, non-TLC paycheck. I don’t they even know how much living in the real word costs. I think if you threw them out in the real world they would be shocked how little they would make at a real job and how hard it would be to be self-sufficient. 

Derrick should have just held on because once they are off the air he is likely going to have to get a real job. At least with the TLC money they could have saved for a house or for his “missonary” pursuits. 

Derick just might think he has nothing left to lose now? 

He might think he can keep begging for money since he is off the show? 

Or he just might not care anymore. I don't think he could even pretend to be nice these days.

Like many people born in the 1960s, I'm a wooden spoon survivor too (also wooden hairbrush cause my mother was equal opportunity w/ beatings.) I certainly would never brag about it, or joke or whatever those shirts are doing. If anything I'm embarrassed about being hit. Even knowing that it was common, it is not a pleasant thing to remember.

My parents even acknowledge now that spanking kids is not the way to go. I still don't have a great relationship w/ my mother as a result. Who jokes about abusing kids? I guess they don't see it as abuse so they justify doing it to their own precious blessings. They are so disgusting!

My gawd, who brags about hitting their children?? The parents I know who do spank look at it as a necessary evil, but they sure as heck aren’t proud of it. Yikes. 

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

Okay, I hope I'm posting this in the right thread. Did you all see this garbage on Cathy's facebook?

I took a screenshot. I'm not surprised by it at all - it just shocks me how abrasive and open they are becoming in such a short span of time now that Derick is off the show.

Reveal hidden contents

This is why I'm on board with speculating about the safety of those kids; all the signs have been there, and it's not just incriminating photos of Israel being swaddled past infancy (and photographed sobbing for the public to see) or all the blanket photos with uncovered outlets and consistent bruises that has made me believe those kids are being abused (which btw that swaddling/public posting incident in and of itself was abusive in several ways). It's the cultural norm. For anyone to not beat their kids in these circles would make them an anomaly, a "bad parent," and they'd have to be ready to defend that choice constantly.

The Duggars have been trying to keep the details of how they abuse "discipline" their kids on the down low for years and since 2015 have been focused on damage repair and Counting On post-scandals, so I love how the Dillards are paying no mind to the consequences for anyone but themselves now that they've been fired "quit." Trump would love their disloyalty. :pb_rollseyes: Keep it coming, Dills!

OH! And if you scroll down her Facebook... you'll find this charm from May :pb_lol: :

Who did it? Who dedicated their PP donation to her? I'm guessing that's how she got on the mailing list. lmao!

I'm actually horrified! And now I worry for Izzy and Sam even more. Whatever happened to telling a child when they do wrong, instead of using spoons?

Does she think it's funny? It's not.  :kitty-cussing:

The Dillard's need a crash course in social media and parenting! 

In what world is it cool to brag about what your parents beat you with?

I'm glad my parents were never so insecure and in need of a power trip that they had to resort to using an inanimate object to punish me. 

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fucking idiot. NY has huge pockets of poverty, both within the metro area and in the vast rural communities upstate. They are the very definition of medically underserved.

This just makes all those weird photos of crying/scared/miserable/bruised/humiliated/exhausted babies seem even more sinister, to be honest. What the hell is going on in that house? We know Derick seems impatient and frustrated with his sons. We know he thinks babies are manipulative. Now we know he thinks being beaten with a spoon is something to celebrate. I don’t usually say this about fundie couples, I don’t even say it about Josh and Anna - but Jill should take her two boys and run.

Sure, I get that she probably thinks corporal punishment is a-ok too, but she’s never struck me as angry, cruel and vindictive like Derick and his mother seem to be. Something is not right with that man. Something is just seriously ‘off’ with him.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

This just makes all those weird photos of crying/scared/miserable/bruised/humiliated/exhausted babies seem even more sinister, to be honest. What the hell is going on in that house? We know Derick seems impatient and frustrated with his sons. We know he thinks babies are manipulative. Now we know he thinks being beaten with a spoon is something to celebrate. I don’t usually say this about fundie couples, I don’t even say it about Josh and Anna - but Jill should take her two boys and run.

Sure, I get that she probably thinks corporal punishment is a-ok too, but she’s never struck me as angry, cruel and vindictive like Derick and his mother seem to be. Something is not right with that man. Something is just seriously ‘off’ with him.

I don't know if thanks is the right word, but you summed up my feelings up. And I think you are spot on. 

I don't like Derick at all, but Izzy and Sam...I'm actually crying for them right now. I am concerned for them even more.

My parents never used a spoon, belt or even spanked me. They taught me right from wrong by talking to and with me. I wonder if Derick's mother and Derick tried that. 

So many more questions right now. 

19 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

That looks to be a paddle she is holding, not a spoon. :jawdrop:

Appears to be a hairbrush. To me. Ask me how I know.

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Appears to be a hairbrush. To me. Ask me how I know.

It looks awful big, and if it's a brush it reminds me of the type to brush horses with. It reminded me of the paddle I used to see in school, so I might have assumed wrong. I'd like to know what type of brush she's holding? 

It's been a long time since I needed a brush. I usually use combs, if I use a brush it's a cheap one. My knowledge of brushes these days isn't very good.

Spoons, belts, paddles..all very sad to me. Just as sad they are seemingly proud and boastful about it.

26 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

In what world is it cool to brag about what your parents beat you with?

I'm glad my parents were never so insecure and in need of a power trip that they had to resort to using an inanimate object to punish me. 

Who brags about beating a child? My contempt for Cathy and Derick runs deep.

Dan doesn't seem very amused by that shirt. Makes me wonder if he's got other ideas about corporal punishment. 

25 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I foolishly thought these were custom made t-shirts.  They aren't. Who the fucking hell thinks this is a good thing?

https://www.teeshirtpalace.com/products/wooden-spoon-survivor-t-shirt?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpOB39S12AIVjFcNCh0r-AElEAQYASABEgIqK_D_BwE

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Dan doesn't seem very amused by that shirt. Makes me wonder if he's got other ideas about corporal punishment. 

Here is hoping Dan doesn't resort to using it. He seems to be better than Derick in every sense of the word.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived