IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I'm really amazed that that episode was SO BORING that we didnt even get a page of comments out of it

I was super bored last night, and after watching my recorded episodes of WACO, I went through the TV guide and saw Counting On. I completely forgot it was on, and even though I don’t watch it, I like to know when it’s on because I like to read the recaps.

When I saw the title, “First Haircut,” I think my jaw dropped and I didn’t breathe for a second. Are you f***ing kidding me? Can anything get more boring and pointless than watching someone else’s kid get a haircut? Moms, grandmas, and occasionally an aunt might care about a kids haircut, but is anyone really watching this show and caring about a haircut? Mind Blown. I know Jessa is a popular pet fundie. Not mine. She makes my skin crawl. I can’t wrap my mind around anyone liking her enough to care about one of her little fundie spawn getting a haircut. 12 hours later, I’m still sitting here in disbelief at “First Haircut,” as an episode title. Holy hell of boring.

I have only skimmed through the recaps, but I’m going to go back over them now because I’m confused about the presence of a slip n slide. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would seem that cute little Henry’s skin issue on his head has cleared up. I am so glad as eczema is really tough. Looked painful. I wonder if she will talk about the resolution as I am interested about that. She was doing a good job with the diet. Sweet Henry. 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I'm guessing there is paper or something that you need those scissors for somewhere near your scissor collection, though!  I dont really think Jeremy is into crafting... or couponing... 

The coupons and other pieces of paper aren't particularly close to the scissors, because I had to move the scissors, stapler, pens, and other toddler magnets up high and out of the way when my kids were little. I haven't bothered to move them back to their old places.

If Jeremy wanted to be a super hands-on kind of dad, he could put a bunch of kid's books on a low shelf and maybe a few quiet toys for when his child gets big enough to want to hang out in daddy's office. Somehow I imagine he'll be more likely to lock the door and keep his office sacrosanct. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As the mom of a gamer, I'm with Jessa put the damn video games away.  I'm pretty sure the games he'd be playing are NOT for toddler/preschool/elementary school/middle school aged kid viewing. I was HARDCORE about my son NOT playing M rated games until he was 16 and then we started to relax and allowed a few non 1st person shooter games into his life but once he turned 17 it was all COD and GTA and gunfire blasting from his bedroom or the basement if he had friends over. 

In that tiny house I'm also pretty sure she doesn't want to watch him play video games while she sits next to him, BORING. 

See, this doesn't bother me, my DH plays games all the time (granted, they are nintendo games, so mario and donkey kong and such).  He plays (now with the kids too) and I knit, sitting next to him, it's fabulous.

11 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

It would seem that cute little Henry’s skin issue on his head has cleared up. I am so glad as eczema is really tough. Looked painful. I wonder if she will talk about the resolution as I am interested about that. She was doing a good job with the diet. Sweet Henry. 

Eczema HAS been linked to gluten and other food sensitivities. My eczema and other skin conditions cleared up completely when I cut gluten from my diet. It takes a few weeks, so rushing off to the doctor for the latest cream/ointment/pill/whatever isn't really necessary. 

23 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I know Jessa is a popular pet fundie. Not mine. She makes my skin crawl. I can’t wrap my mind around anyone liking her enough to care about one of her little fundie spawn getting a haircut.

I like Jessa. I always have. She's about as close as I get to having a 'pet fundie'. And I could not give less of a shit about her kid's first haircut. If Jessa ever decides to go to college, start a job, start some kind of charitable organization, take up some kind of craft and try to turn it into a business, or break from her fundamentalist background in some kind of substantial way and be willing to talk about it (i.e. anything substantial and interesting), then I might tune in. I'm 100% not interested in seeing her cut Spurgeon's hair, rearrange Jeremy's bookshelves, go to the thrift store, or get her teeth cleaned at the dentist. 

Was anyone else annoyed by Kendra's 'slip' hanging down from her dress?   Yes, I know it was there to cover her knees but in another day someone would say, "Kendra!  It's snowing down south!"

12 minutes ago, karen77 said:

See, this doesn't bother me, my DH plays games all the time (granted, they are nintendo games, so mario and donkey kong and such).  He plays (now with the kids too) and I knit, sitting next to him, it's fabulous.

Same. DH doesn’t play much these days because it’s busy season and we have a toddler, but I don’t mind much when he does play*. He enjoys playing, it’s good way for him to relax, and he sometimes ends up playing online with his brothers. I usually just go on FJ or find something to do while he plays. He does save the mature games for when Velocibaby is asleep though, which I very much appreciate. 

*Occasionally I do mind, mostly because I want to spend time with him. We’re good at compromising though, so sometimes he plays and sometimes he won’t so we can spend time together. I try to give him as much time as he needs when he plays with his brothers though. They miss each other if they go a few weeks without seeing or speaking to each other. It’s kind of cute.

3 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Was anyone else annoyed by Kendra's 'slip' hanging down from her dress?   Yes, I know it was there to cover her knees but in another day someone would say, "Kendra!  It's snowing down south!"

We used to say, "Charlie's dead." Mr. Wolf  doesn't play video games, but I can lose him to his ham radio.

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

I'm super envious of Jeremy's office. I would prefer a larger window, or several of them, but the walls of shelves have me drooling.  Right now I have two full bookshelves in my bedroom, a full one and a half one in the living room, and more books piled on pretty much every available surface.  Part of me likes living in a small apartment (less cleaning!) but god, an office would be amazing. 

So am I. I've always wanted shelves and shelves of books or a room for all of my books. Its hasn't happened maybe never because I have so many. That office with all those shelves! My books would be so happy in a room like that.  I can't be too annoyed with Jeremy's treatment of his books. The taking pictures and showing people is a little weird. But the rest is pretty much how I treat my books. They are my babies. I don't like to loan them out because what if they don't come back in the same condition I loaned it in? What if they lose it?  When we had to evacuate due to a fire I had a hard time deciding which ones to grab. I couldn't take them all but how could I leave some behind? Thankfully the evacuation was canceled. Yes, I realize how insane that is. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We used to say, "Charlie's dead."

I don't think I've ever heard that one. Somehow I'm missing the word play. :my_blush: I guess my friends and family are super boring. We always just said, "Your slip is showing." :pb_lol:

20 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Special Princess miracle josie tells us that she had a lot of fun

Wow.  We just spent an hour moving a bookcase, moving books, being amazed at a skilled craftsman doing his job, cooking dinner, buying ties, and playing with water.  I'm pretty sure my commute to work this morning was more interesting.

Joe goes to Kentucky to buy a birthday cake for kendra.

Josie--how amazing.....

My commute certainly was more interesting and a) no near-death accidents and   ) I'm not into the book I'm listening to.

WHY go all the way to Kentucky for a stupid birthday cake? Like a Maxwell cliff-hanger post......

38 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I probably wouldn't me either if every word out the manchilds mouth wasn't FUCK, or some variation there of, and if the gunfire wasn't so loud as to want to make my ears bleed.  Long gone are the days of Mariocart and what ever cute little Wii games my kids played.

I play a tonne of strategy games and simulation games, including the total war series (yay gruesome death close ups) and have done since I was pretty young (7/8ish, Dad got me into them). I was never into shooters and neither was my dad. But my boyfriend is. Honestly, I think it depends on the game whether I’d be okay with it on with kids there. GTA and COD it depends on the kid and the age, something like Skyrim where combat is less important and it’s an RPG is less concerning to me. 

Most of my friends are into them so I’ve played shooters since I was about 12, but I was never any good at them. Hasn’t messed any of us up, though I accept they can be bad for some kids. (I wasn’t meant to play them until I was 16. Mum thought I’d kept that rule which seemed a bit hopeful to me) I’ve got my 3ds and we share a gaming PC, bf has a PS4. I love gaming, even if it setting up Roman legions to kill the opposition (I was a history buff, so saw the combat as an extra history lesson, even as a kid) :my_blush:

Oh, the books. When I was younger, I was ALL about the books. 

Now that I'm well into the last half of my life, I'm culling my book collection like mad. We are getting ready to sell our house and move into a space that's less than half the square-footage we have now. That is a temporary move, until we retire and move to England. It would cost WAY too much to ship all those books. So we've both narrowed down our book collections to two small (12x12x16) boxes each. When the time comes to load our skid for shipping to the UK, those boxes may go, as well. They can always be replaced - and likely will be, by purchasing them at thrift stores. 

okay so I'm finally watching the actual full episode and can I say I know the duggerlings love to go with out shoes. (So do I) but Jinger is an idiot for moving that bookcase with bare feet. 

I got curious, so I googled Charlie's dead. Apparently it came from the beheading of Charles i. His female followers dipped their petticoat in his blood. So now we're all better educated. Maybe not.:laughing-jumpingpurple:

I caught parts of the episode last night. Was anyone else shocked that Jeremy had complete control over what his groomsmen wore? I'm not! Jessa choosing Austin and company's suits shocked me even less. 

Ben may have been my favourite part of the episode because he was in his glee throwing water balloons. Ben is the cool dad so far, which I think he enjoys. It's weird being so far back, Henry is so little and bald! Now he has curls! 

If I was Jessa I would be really pissed at Ben for always  saying is that in your diet is that in your diet. I would scream just shut up and let me try it. 

I thought I posted this comment, maybe not. Jeremy comes off as a narcissist and has what I'd say is an overinflated sense of self. By the looks of that office, you'd think Jeremy was accomplished as Dr Ben Carson, and even that douche cancelled the $31,000 office dining set. I know the bookcases were likely not higher end, but damn. I wonder if JV spends the majority of time sitting in that office, pretending to work?

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I caught parts of the episode last night. Was anyone else shocked that Jeremy had complete control over what his groomsmen wore? I'm not! Jessa choosing Austin and company's suits shocked me even less. 

Ben may have been my favourite part of the episode because he was in his glee throwing water balloons. Ben is the cool dad so far, which I think he enjoys. It's weird being so far back, Henry is so little and bald! Now he has curls! 

Well, he is the "dad" closest in age to the kids, so that does seem logical. LOL

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well, he is the "dad" closest in age to the kids, so that does seem logical. LOL

And the other choices at the time were Jim Bob, Derick, or Josh. :P 

"Jeremy is super super good at fashion" said Jinger excitedly. It doesn't surprise me that he picked out accessories for his groomsmen (he is also a narcissist) but I'm glad that he and Jinger share a flare for fashion and it's a common interest they can enjoy together other than Jesus.

Watching them move furniture in bare feet (Jeremy just had socks on) makes me uneasy. Do they not fear for their toes? Wear shoes for work like that, you're not hobbits!

Those bookshelves turned out really nice thanks to Thomas and Renaldo and despite Jeremy "helping". I wonder when Jessa and Jana will paint them white.

I wonder if Renaldo is Catholic or not and if Jeremy tried to talk to him about Jesus or invited him to his church or tried to minister to him in any way.

2 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

"Jeremy is super super good at fashion" said Jinger excitedly. It doesn't surprise me that he picked out accessories for his groomsmen (he is also a narcissist) but I'm glad that he and Jinger share a flare for fashion and it's a common interest they can enjoy together other than Jesus.

Do you mean this in the clinical sense?  If so what makes you say so?

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived