IGNORED

Joy and Austin 17: Staying Off the Internet

Coconut Flan

On 1/5/2018 at 3:31 PM, thinandfit said:

I think you can order them online? It's not quite the same though which is annoying.

Yeah, I’d like to try it on before buying. Especially if it’s a brand I’ve never worn before.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have a question, and I'm not picking on you at all. And the question is for probably everyone at FJ:

Say the woman who is pregnant decides to get an abortion, but the man who contributed the sperm doesn't want her to. Then what? Does she have to have the baby? Does the sperm contributor then take on full responsibility for the baby when it's born? Can the woman sever all ties (including financial) to the baby? I know this is a really gray area, but I'm curious.

Legally, it's her body her choice. Therefore, I think the same of birth. Especially in patriarchy. If she has no choice about other own life, she should at least get her damn wedding and births. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Yeah, I’d like to try it on before buying. Especially if it’s a brand I’ve never worn before.

I basically have to buy all of my bras online (36K or 38H) and so does my daughter (28H or 30G). We like Bare Necessities and Fig Leaves. FL is a UK company, but they ship to me in the US in five days, have excellent customer service, and easy returns. 

You should see the ads I am getting since searching for some of these bra sites that have been recommended her.  Ooh la la--I do regret googling the Frederick's of Hollywood suggestion.  :my_blush:

I'm not sure if Joy's due date was confirmed anywhere else, but Ellie's fan blog just posted this. Apparently, she's due in early March?

Capture.PNG

The only date I've heard thrown around is Feb 22nd, but I don't know where that started or by whom. That is a week before March so I'm guessing if she goes late like Jill & Jessa did it will be a Mid March baby. Though I would hope she'd go early and have a mid Feb baby, because she already looks big and uncomfortable.

I found the line "are approaching their eight month wedding anniversary, which means it won't be long before they welcome their first child into the world" like something out of an 18th century novel.

2 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I found the line "are approaching their eight month wedding anniversary, which means it won't be long before they welcome their first child into the world" like something out of an 18th century novel.

I mean, it'd be one thing if they'd been in a relationship for a while beforehand and/or had alternatives. That this was so inevitable and they've only been together (and not even left alone for most of the months) for, what, two years and a couple months, at most? (Probably not as long as that, I don't stalk their courtship dates) It's bizarre to me. Completely foreign. I can understand having a baby quickly with someone, I can understand having a baby relatively young, I can understand a quick engagement, but I can't understand an entire community where that's just what almost every single girl is going to do.

Most families in the 18th century weren't getting married as young as the latest Duggar girls, and most women had to work even back then. :confusion-shrug: Get these girls some choices, goddammit, and the men too!! Ministry or starting your own business/midwifery or housewife does not count as choices!! Ugh. I'm sure Joy and Austin will love being parents, but it's just infuriating to me.

A good website to order off of (if you don't have access to bras your size in stores) is BareNecessities.com You can try on bras and send them back within 60 days if you don't like them. You'll be refunded and all you have to pay is a $6.95 processing fee for returns. They ask you what your bra size in a particular brand, and match you to corresponding bras. If you're looking to find you're perfect fit, I recommend ordering a few and sending the ones you don't like back. 

I wear a 34JJ and was wearing a 34H by Wacoal for the longest time. I knew it wasn't my size but they were the only bras available in-stores for me. Huge boobs are not fun. I really hate mine but am terrified of surgery. 

I'm starting to feel like I have some disease or abnormality, because my boobs keep getting bigger overtime. It's so weird. 

On 07/01/2018 at 3:26 PM, RainbowSky said:

Legally, it's her body her choice. Therefore, I think the same of birth. Especially in patriarchy. If she has no choice about other own life, she should at least get her damn wedding and births. 

Seconded.

@SapphireSlytherin in Canada, Britain, much of the EU and to a less consistent extent, the US the courts have consistently recognised that women have the right to bodily autonomy. No one can compel another person to carry a fetus to term, or conversely, to abort the fetus. Even in the case of surrogates, there have been cases where the biological parents wanted the surrogate to abort (usually in the case of the fetus developing medical issues/high order multiples and selective reduction), and the courts found they couldn't force the surrogate to undergo an abortion - regardless of what is stated in the surrogacy agreement (That said there may be legal ramifications in civil court for failure to adhere to the surrogacy agreement, especially if there are damages resulting from the breach of the agreement).

I saw a posting that listed the "J'slaves" as Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger. Could be just out of date, but it got me thinking: Did Joy do the same amount of mothering of her younger siblings as her older sisters did?

Don't know if it was already discuss bit i have found a baby  register on Amazon in the name of Joy that as due date has feb 22 

Screenshot_20180111-211720.png

15 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

I saw a posting that listed the "J'slaves" as Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger. Could be just out of date, but it got me thinking: Did Joy do the same amount of mothering of her younger siblings as her older sisters did?

It doesn't seem so. She did take over Jill's buddy team after she got married but James and Jenni were old enough to not need a lot of looking after. 

Just because the girls have elected to have home births, I've never gotten the impression they avoid basic healthcare.  

A few of the Duggar kids are EMT's,  most have had orthodontics, they've used a plastic surgeon for one of the kids when they got a cut to the face sledding, they spent how many weeks in the NICU with Josie, Michele has had multiple hospital births.     

The only thing that would make someone perhaps think otherwise is that Jill and Jessa have tried home births.   But we have no indication that they didn't have regular OB care or reason to suspect it.   

As far as Joy being completely underdressed for this wedding, for our standards she does look underdressed.   But this is fundy style, this is the same family we watched get married BAREFOOT.    Most fundy  women dress really frumpy.    Joy probably fits in better dressed like this than she would in a dress most of us would wear to a wedding.    I think Joy looks a lot more on track now with her size.    She's growing into her 8 month pregnant body finally.    But she has gained a lot of weight.   She was thin just 8 months ago at her wedding.   She's packed on a lot!

1 hour ago, PVMom said:

She's growing into her 8 month pregnant body finally.    But she has gained a lot of weight.   She was thin just 8 months ago at her wedding.   She's packed on a lot!

Honestly, this is kind of rude and not really your place to judge. 

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Don't know if it was already discuss bit i have found a baby  register on Amazon in the name of Joy that as due date has feb 22 

Screenshot_20180111-211720.png

I haven't looked at the registry as a whole, but the Amazon Prime membership paired with the gift cards actually seem like a rational idea. (I suspect looking at the rest of the purported registry would do away with that impression, but there you go.)

I think the prime membership is automatically added to every registry you make on amazon: it’s still a good deal even though idk who would give it to them. I don’t think fundies would ever want to spent 99 dollars on themselves, let alone on a gift

8 hours ago, PVMom said:

Just because the girls have elected to have home births, I've never gotten the impression they avoid basic healthcare.  

A few of the Duggar kids are EMT's,  most have had orthodontics, they've used a plastic surgeon for one of the kids when they got a cut to the face sledding, they spent how many weeks in the NICU with Josie, Michele has had multiple hospital births.     

The only thing that would make someone perhaps think otherwise is that Jill and Jessa have tried home births.   But we have no indication that they didn't have regular OB care or reason to suspect it.   

As far as Joy being completely underdressed for this wedding, for our standards she does look underdressed.   But this is fundy style, this is the same family we watched get married BAREFOOT.    Most fundy  women dress really frumpy.    Joy probably fits in better dressed like this than she would in a dress most of us would wear to a wedding.    I think Joy looks a lot more on track now with her size.    She's growing into her 8 month pregnant body finally.    But she has gained a lot of weight.   She was thin just 8 months ago at her wedding.   She's packed on a lot!

Wow, so much wrong here. 1. The girls DO avoid basic health care, as Jill's disastrous births have shown, 

2. They are not EMT's they have basic first aid training, played with the idea of becoming actual productive members of society.  

3. Jessa didn't 'try' home births, she had home births, Jill tried to have home births, but anyone with a brain knows that you don't labor for 2 days before going to the hospital, especially when your 1st child had to be delivered via c/section. 

4. fuck off with the "packed on a lot" this is one of the most ignorant and rude posts I think I've read on this site.  If you want to survive here, you will need to learn that you, don't pick on anyones weight, you don't sugar coat their horrible beliefs and you don't make excuses for their reckless and dangerous lack of medical knowledge, either in training or for birthing. 

They do get basic medical care. The Duggars have nothing against mainstream medicine  or doctors and they never have been shown to. 

I'm going to take the middle road here. We've seen some basic medical care (but mostly related to maintaining their 'countenance') and I would bet Jessa at least uses a pediatrician for the boys. 

But when it comes to legitimate  prenatal care? We have no reason to believe Jill or Jessa had any.  We saw Jill do her own cutesy little "checkup" last season on CO.  We know one, if not both, of Jill's births was badly handled. Jessa was rushed to the hospital thankfully but multiple midwife organizations in the area were quick to distance themselves from the delivery because I believe Teresa Fedosky is only a doula, not a licensed midwife. We can HOPE  Joy is getting care from someone other than her buddy leader Jill but so far no reason other than distance would give us reason to think otherwise. I believe Jeremy is going to insist on a licensed midwife or a regular OB for Jinger. Best we can say is we'll see, and pray for safe deliveries for all of them.

On 11/01/2018 at 2:54 AM, frugalitymom said:

I am going to guess March 17 and a boy

Patrick!! For St Patrick’s Day

@PVMom They do get the basic, bare bones medical health care. That's true. They also go to the dentist. However, Anna had two home births while in Arkansas (Mackynzie and Michael), Jill has attempted two home births (We think. Not sure about Samuel), and Jessa has had two home births. Jill actually laboured at home for days and tried an unsafe method to get Israel out. Jessa hemorrhaged badly after Spurgeon's birth and if you need proof of how bad it likely was, watch Ben's reaction to Henry's birth.  

As for Joy, that was rude and uncalled for. There's no need to make any comments about weight, especially if that person is pregnant. There is absolutely no need to make you assessments on her. 

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think the prime membership is automatically added to every registry you make on amazon: it’s still a good deal even though idk who would give it to them. I don’t think fundies would ever want to spent 99 dollars on themselves, let alone on a gift

Is it? If it is, that's relatively new; I had a baby registry there in 2016 and it didn't happen then.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Jill actually laboured at home for days and tried an unsafe method to get Israel out. 

Question: What method? The cod liver oil or is there something else I'm not aware of?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived