IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

14 minutes of discussing how long it takes to make a goddamn salad. I could have made 3-4 salads in that time. 5 if I pre-cut vegetables like I usually do on the weekend.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how she talks about all these sites that allegedly slander her but does not provide links or anything to back herself up. But of course she doesn't have to her. Her fan girls blindly believe every single word she says.  Plus of course she doesn't want to point people here because then they will see the truth. That this page only exists because we take her words and point out the inconsistencies and hypocrisy. 

I had to fast forward through the big salad, just because.  Next up was this one.  Should I tell Lori another great use for coconut oil?

Oh, good grief. I was making salads before I got married. We eat salad every single night *with* dinner, Mr. Snood insists. It's his comfort food. This is in spite of my job. I do not time myself making salad because everyone puts the lettuce and other odds and end of vegetables they like best on their own plates. One of my daughters avoids certain lettuces because the are hard to get out of her braces. I don't starve her because of it. She eats things like spinach and romaine that are sturdier.

Lori has a desperate need to make it look like she actually does something all day. She's bored and this is one reason I advocate for women to work. I think martyrbating needs to make a comeback in the next thread title.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

OK -- so Cassi said she had parasites and also that her brother did  (didn't say which one).  Soooooo ....... out of 6 people in the house 3 people that we know of (Lori, Cassi, son) had parasites.

Anyone besides me think Lori's less than careful cleaning and unsanitary kitchen is the cause?  

What information do we have about those parasites?  How much did her children suffer because of them? And could it have all been prevented by simple medical treatment that Lori rejected because her sky daddy doesn't approve? 

Cassi said she used some natural remedy to get rid of her parasites -- it took months.  Her brother went to a doctor, got a prescription and was parasite free in a couple of weeks.

Hmmmmm ...... obviously one of Lori's children has strayed from her all natural organic free range "cures"

13 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

What the crap are these parasite things? Are they bugs? What?

I'm beginning  to think they are called Mal Imaginaire sub-species lorialexandii

I'm with @TeddyBonkers on the furniture.  We don't have any "nice" furniture because I never know how big the place is going to be or how nice the military-hired movers will be to my stuff.  We're buying a house here in San Antonio, and I'm going to buy a new couch.  I'm excited. 

I'm also with @usmcmom on the food issues.  It's sad.  I made it 9 minutes into the video.

Lori's claim to have suffered for years with unnamed, non-specific parasites always confused me. I mean, I knew someone who contracted pinworms (schoolteacher hazard, apparently); she took some pills, they went away, the end.

However, I was recently reading some woo-type medical pages, and apparently being diagnosed with parasites is common in those circles. One website I read said that half of all people have parasites and that you can diagnose them  by symptoms--of course, the list of symptoms included just about everything you can think of.  And they were happy to recommend various colon cleansers to help you out.

So, I think I finally understand Lori's ongoing parasite issues. 

Pinworms are the most common type of intestinal parasite in the U.S. most common in children, spread anal to oral. Cured with prescription medication. The second most common type of parasite, Giardia,is also spread by feces to mouth contamination. Most often found in people who drink unfiltered water where animals frequent. People who are enthusiastic hikers, or work on ranches are most susceptible. Hookworms enter the body via the feet after walking in contaminated soil. Different parasites require different medications to treat, and have different symptoms. I am unconvinced that Lori actually was infected with parasites.

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

OK -- so Cassi said she had parasites and also that her brother did  (didn't say which one).  Soooooo ....... out of 6 people in the house 3 people that we know of (Lori, Cassi, son) had parasites.

Anyone besides me think Lori's less than careful cleaning and unsanitary kitchen is the cause?  

I also think Lori's unsanitary kitchen played some part in the health problems in that family. We know that the nanny did housekeeping duties. I now wonder if the nanny was just as bad as Lori when it came to cleaning.

I know that prescription medication is often overused and sometimes there is no harm in trying non-medical treatments first. But with the parasite thing, I cannot see how treating it naturally for months was better for her already weakened body than being cured in a couple weeks with a prescription.  

Lori's daughter probably weakened and damaged her body more with her slow acting natural treatment than she would have with a round of medication. 

I remember telling somebody once that I had a sinus infection and had started feeling better after starting on antibiotics the day before. She responded by telling me that she treats her sinus infections with supplements and it only takes three to four weeks to get rid of them. Forty eight hours vs twenty eight days?  I'll take the amoxicillin, thank you. 

Edited: Were the kids living at home when they had these mysterious parasites? Interesting that one child received (or chose) medical care but one did not. I wonder if the son basically said "Screw this. I'm going to the doctor," but the daughter felt intimidated by her mother such that she felt she had to stick it out and go the natural route. 

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Cassi said she used some natural remedy to get rid of her parasites -- it took months.  Her brother went to a doctor, got a prescription and was parasite free in a couple of weeks.

Hmmmmm ...... obviously one of Lori's children has strayed from her all natural organic free range "cures"

I'm going to guess that it was Stephen who went to the doctor. This might sound mean of me, but I think Cassi is Lori Jr.  I doubt she will ever turn against Lori.  If one of Lori's kids completely turns on her my money is on Alyssa or Stephen.

Lori's daughter is a prime example of why I never made my kids sit and clean their plates. I would always offer a variety of foods to my kids, but if they didn't like it I never made them eat it. We all have food likes and dislikes. Who wants to sit and finish a plate of food that makes you want to gag and hate food?

I grew up in an Italian family who also owned a restaurant. My mom also teaches cooking classes. Food is a big deal in our family. Food was served with love and was meant to be enjoyed. Food was never meant to be a chore or punishment. If my kids didn't like something I made for dinner I happily made something I knew they would like. Why be a short order chef? Because serving food is an act of love. We feed our children because we want them to grow and be strong.

Do my kids (now older) eat healthy? Not really. But, I continue to offer good food choices and honor that they have a mind of their own and can choose what they like and want to eat.

Edited to add: My parents are coming to visit us for Christmas. The first thing I know my mom will ask is, "What food do you miss that I can make you?" I guarantee that my answer will not be a big ass salad!

I never minded modifying a dish to suit my kids' tastes. Neither one liked mushrooms so, while making anything that contained those I'd move some into a separate dish before adding mushrooms to what USMCDAD and I were going to eat. 

My daughter once ate dinner at a friend's house and came home raving about the spaghetti. When I asked this other mother her secret, she laughed and said "I put a little barbecue sauce in it."  Eh...no big deal. From then on, when I made spaghetti, I just set the barbecue sauce by my daughter's plate. 

I also wanted my kids to enjoy food, but more importantly; I wanted them to enjoy meals with their family. The table is not meant to be a battleground. 

I cannot WAIT to read Lori's response to this comment on today's notebook doodle. It's written by a MAN, no less:

God bless! It's so refreshing to hear a woman preach! I wake up each morning to hear your new sermons on YouTube. #LeadingTheFlock

:laughing-rolling:

@usmcmom I'm the only one in our house who likes mushrooms. I rarely buy them because I never eat them fast enough. I've gone so far as to forgo the mushrooms on pizza for the sake of family happiness. (Translation: I don't have to listen to whining about the mushrooms. They're not that important anyway!) However, whenever we g out to eat I tend to order a dish with mushrooms. At least I'll get it all to myself! 

21 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

@usmcmom I'm the only one in our house who likes mushrooms. I rarely buy them because I never eat them fast enough. I've gone so far as to forgo the mushrooms on pizza for the sake of family happiness. (Translation: I don't have to listen to whining about the mushrooms. They're not that important anyway!) However, whenever we g out to eat I tend to order a dish with mushrooms. At least I'll get it all to myself! 

With just the two of us, we have a hard time using a package before they go bad also. A friend told me she had read you can sauté them, let them cool and freeze them. I might try that. I have found some frozen portobellos that aren't bad for homemade pizza, pasta, etc. 

When I do buy a package of fresh ones, I put them in scrambled eggs, make grilled mushroom/Swiss sandwiches, anything I can think of to use them up. Mushroom Mania. It's a thing. 

I was a picky eater growing up and still kinda am because certain smells and textures just bother me (i.e. salads). However, the only time I really remember my mom making me sit at the table for a "long" period of time to eat was because I had asked for a Lunchable and didn't want to eat the cheese. Cold cheddar cheese tastes like chalk to me.  My mom, being a cheese lover, just didn't understand my young, cheese hating angst.  But anyways for some odd reason, she wanted me to eat the cheese. Eating the ham and crackers wasn't enough I guess lol. If my dad was home he'd eat the cheese for me and I'd be on my way or I'd feed it to the dog (I felt that I was sneaky but she probably knew). I doubt that I sat there for more than 15 mins though and it happened maybe three times. 

Weird story aside, my parents were always pretty good at understanding my pickiness. They'd put the spaghetti sauce on the side since I wouldn't eat it, left things like mushrooms out of dishes, no jelly on peanut butter sandwiches. I was allowed to go at my own pace and naturally started trying things in my own time. It was nice and I guess I didn't realize how good I might have had it as a child. 

Strangely enough, I did not like bread as a child. You can't pry it  out of my carb-loving hands now. I loved tuna salad so my mom just gave me a bowl of tuna salad for lunch. She let me eat peanut butter off a spoon while my siblings had sandwiches - stuff like that. 

It just seems like Lori's house was set for battle two or three times a day. And if her kids were trained to obey so well, how did her daughter get away with sitting for two hours before eating that salad? Why didn't she sit down and eat it immediately like she was trained to do?? 

Going back to this Gwen person.  She is terrifying!  The hair, the children's clothes, it's all too much!  How does anyone think this woman represents Christianity?  What is the Remnant?  So many questions.  I'm genuinely horrified!

My almost 14 year old decided to make salad for dinner the other night. She made a salad using leftover grilled chicken in about 15 minutes, including fresh homemade avocado dressing. She’s never been forced to stay at the table eating salad and she hasn’t endured 37 years of miserable marriage, yet she chose to make a salad for the family and did so competently. Even though she goes to public school instead of staying home with me learning to be a helpmeet. I suspect most of her friends could do the same (although I will brag about the fact that she can and does bake bread).

11 hours ago, Koala said:

Welp, that didn't work for Ken, because they admittedly eat out at least once a week (but it seems like a lot more based on her posts). 

If I was Ken and I was being fed slimy 5 day old salad, that'd be the day each week we ate out because just NO.

I eat a lot of salads..because I like salads not because they are an idol  ;)   Once in a while, my husband makes me one for supper and I fall asleep or just don't feel like eating so I will eat it the next morning for breakfast or lunch.  Beyond that, it's not likely because it starts getting pretty wilted/soggy/slimy.

I can't even imagine what a 5 day old salad would be like, but I can say with 100% confidence it would not be something that passed my lips

Going back to parasites, lately I've been watching a lot of Monsters Inside Me on Animal Planet, and the ones dealt with on that show do not respond to "natural cures," and can cause significant damage untreated.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived