IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

@smittykins I watched one episode of Monsters Inside Me and it was horrifying. Just reading the episode list in Wikipedia makes me squirm. But I find it more useful to watch Monsters Inside Me than read anything from Lori. Sure, I find Lori entertaining, but most of what she writes is no longer helpful. 

Lori should definitely watch Monsters Inside Me.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, that show is kind of like rubbernecking a car accident--you know you shouldn't gawk, but you can't look away.

14 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I love how she talks about all these sites that allegedly slander her but does not provide links or anything to back herself up. But of course she doesn't have to her. Her fan girls blindly believe every single word she says.  Plus of course she doesn't want to point people here because then they will see the truth. That this page only exists because we take her words and point out the inconsistencies and hypocrisy. 

She knows that she can't back herself up when it comes to defending herself. In the past she has referred to the sites as a bully sites lol. Lori herself is a bully to people on her blogs and FB.  Her fangirls are in the dark about many things about Lori. They don't know about the nanny. I keep hoping that the nanny will go public and out Lori's BS. I'm sure Lori has plenty of enemies IRL who could easily screw up her BS "ministry".

Dear Lori, women married to awful men who decide to leave are not breaking their marriage covenant, the men who treat them so wickedly have already broken their vows. Also, women are not responsible for their husband's souls, just like men aren't responsible for their wive's souls. 

I caught this last night at the 7 min mark and refreshed a few mins later and gone. What is Lori so afraid of? If all her criticism is so wrong it should be evident on its face. She shouldn't be afraid if a fan girl clicks there. 

Screenshot_2017-11-28-21-45-16.png

I can't help but wonder if the woman understands what torture it can be for kids to watch their parents constantly fight, be abusive, have affairs etc. You can still most definitely teach covenant to your children but in order to do that one can't be lazy, they actually have to make a more nuanced answer. Frankly things aren't just simple black and white. Our world doesn't really allow for that kind of approach to life. 

And. Women. Are. NOT. Responsible. For. Their. Husband's. Soul.

Christ died on the cross for us, not wives. A man must choose to follow God. A wife can share the gospel to her husband and live as a Christ-like example but she is ultimately not responsible for his soul. Christ stands in the gap for us as the perfect High Priest.  

I think a portion of yesterday's post, was to explain away all of the negative attention her "ministry" receives. 

all those very popular preachers and teachers of the Word who tickle people’s ears because they fail to teach the truth boldly are miserable in God’s eyes

Lori can't accept that her interpretation of scripture and her delivery is what's turning readers away in droves.  

As a result, she makes a sport of attacking other ministries via her blog.  And not just once or twice. Once she latches onto someone, she brings up her disdain for them, over and over again.

Notice how she admits that they are teaching the Word, but still declares them miserable in God's eyes.  Why?  Because they haven't zeroed in on the one or two verses that Lori teaches from. And they're popular.  And she can't stand that.

We should not want all people to speak well of us and be popular in the world’s eyes since this world isn’t our home and the Devil is the prince of the power of the air who is working in the children of disobedience.

Then why is she always creating opportunities for readers to pat her on the back?  Why has she (on numerous occasions) asked people who haven't even read her book, to give her a 5 star review.  Why did she try to contact a woman who left her a negative review??  (Answer: She was going to try to bully her into removing it.  Don't believe it?  Look at her own account of how she's bullied the people in her life:

Spoiler

I was bossy and controlling.  Ask my sisters.  They will tell you I always got my way.

When our Homeowners Association wouldn't allow basketball hoops in our driveway, guess who wrote the letter protesting and went around and got all the signatures...Me!  

When the dog below us yapped constantly, guess who called them all the time, left notes on their door, and wrote a letter telling them they better shut that dog up Or Else and got all the neighbors to sign it...Me!  

Ask my children how controlling I was...They had to sneak junk food, so I wouldn't get mad at them.  I think they were actually afraid of me, which I don't necessarily think is bad.  Kids should have a deep respect for authority.  

@Koala I can now see why it appears Lori has no friends and instead spends her days on the computer trying to get attention and “likes”. 

My mother, who is retired, has breakfast every morning out with a group of retirees (at McDonald’s, but she does eat the healthier options). She also regularly lunches with a friend or spends time with them. She and my dad (who is also retired but still works some for the same company) also go on bus trips with other retired couples. They are active in the older people group at church and once a month or so, go to lunch with a group of couples that my dad graduated high school with. Not to mention they often help DH and I out when we are working late or traveling. And they come to games and sports activities for our kiddos. This is what Lori’s life would look like if she actually had a servant’s heart and sought to build community. 

I agree that Cassi reminds me of Lori. Like a PP, I think Steven and Alyssa are the two that broke free the most. There’s a reason Steven lives in NY. 

4 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I agree that Cassi reminds me of Lori. Like a PP, I think Steven and Alyssa are the two that broke free the most. There’s a reason Steven lives in NY. 

I'm honestly surprised Cassi has never shown up here. She ran to Lori's defense when Lori was initially getting bad Amazon reviews. It seems that she actually believes all the awful stuff her mother believes. I get the sense that Alyssa loves her mom, but disagrees with her on many things. I frequently look at Alyssa's instagram. She seems like she has a wonderful and full life. I think Steven also thinks some of his mother's ideas are nutty, but his wife Emily has turned out to be Lori 3.0 (Cassi being 2.0).

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Going back to parasites, lately I've been watching a lot of Monsters Inside Me on Animal Planet, and the ones dealt with on that show do not respond to "natural cures," and can cause significant damage untreated.

I watched Monsters Inside Me when I was in hospital and it grossed out some of my nurses.  Have you seen the episode of the man who had barnacles growing in his hand?  They have shown some interesting things.  

I'm surprised Lori (and others) haven't been poisoned yet.  It's just a matter of time.  

3 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

@jerkit I didn’t realize Emily was another Lori. How sad. 

I think a lot of people had hope for her because before she married Steven, she was in law school. However, she has defended Lori on social media on a few occasions. She's also very into the "keeper at home" thing. She quit law school in a hot second and lists "stay at home mommy" as her occupation on FB.

3 hours ago, jerkit said:

Guys, I'm going to make the salad dressing tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. 

At least you can be assured that you'll be working in a clean kitchen, unlike Lori.  Good luck!

18 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I think a lot of people had hope for her because before she married Steven, she was in law school. However, she has defended Lori on social media on a few occasions. She's also very into the "keeper at home" thing. She quit law school in a hot second and lists "stay at home mommy" as her occupation on FB.

I must of missed her defending Lori, but I never really thought she was a sweet person like many. Shame she quite law school, but I think Steven is doing okay for himself in the money department. The house they bought looks rather nice. Hope their daughter will have a better upbringing than Steven did, but if she thinks Lori is right about most things, I worry for the poor baby's future. 

Lori, apparently quoting a woman from her chat room:  " Because that’s really what’s going on: people think that they care more than God does about the errant spouse AND the hurting spouse."

Nope, people think that God cares more about the hurting spouse (and the hurting children) than God cares for the idol of marriage.  I thank God every day for Christian friends (real Christians, the kind who love others and serve the poor) who told me that my husband had already broken the covenant.  

Yes, divorce is hard on women and children.  But so is living with the constant stress of verbal abuse, and all forms of mistreatment that Lori tells women to suffer through.  I hate that my kids can't look to their parents' marriage as a positive example...but they never could.   

THIS is what makes me hate Lori.  EVERYtime that she tells vulnerable women to stay when they are being mistreated.  It is truly evil.  She also fails to acknowledge that sometimes women have to leave to protect their children from abuse.

Note the comment to Lori's FB post and her response.  The woman stated that she feared for her life and her children's lives in her former marriage.  Lori responded with a link to her "Married to Angry Men" post and said that it is for women in "difficult" marriages like the commenter was in.   Lori did say that she was sorry for what the woman had to go through, but it would have been nice if Lori had told the poor woman that she did the right thing to protect herself and her kids and should never feel guilty.   I would say that to the woman, but Lori banned me for suggesting that we should all show grace to each other. 

12 hours ago, Demonfan said:

I am unconvinced that Lori actually was infected with parasites.

Right there with you.  Based on my study at the Grey's Anatomy School of Medicine, I think Lori had -- in order of belief -- 1) absolutely nothing -- i.e.,she made-up symptoms to get out of doing anything), 2)  occasional diarrhea/ food poisoning from her nasty ass kitchen/ food prep, 3)  mild IBS

#1 is easily "cured", #2 would require her to be less nasty than she is, but yes "curable", and #3 is not life-threatening nor does it cause you to spend years and years laying on the sofa being "so so sick" (Lori's words).

I have 2 friends with IBS, both of them go about their lives, have families and friends, do housework, cook dinner, volunteer, work full-time and manage the IBS by knowing their food triggers and sometimes taking medication.

Lori's illness was just part of her martyrbating.

7 hours ago, Curious said:

I eat a lot of salads..because I like salads not because they are an idol  ;)   Once in a while, my husband makes me one for supper and I fall asleep or just don't feel like eating so I will eat it the next morning for breakfast or lunch.  Beyond that, it's not likely because it starts getting pretty wilted/soggy/slimy.

I can't even imagine what a 5 day old salad would be like, but I can say with 100% confidence it would not be something that passed my lips

I have to confess, I like the idea of salads but I hate making them and don’t enjoy eating them all that much. So one of my guilty secrets is buying healthy vegetables and then throwing them away when they’ve passed the point of no return.

i heard that lettuce keeps amazingly in a mason jar, but I’ve never tried it.

12 hours ago, usmcmom said:

When I do buy a package of fresh ones, I put them in scrambled eggs, make grilled mushroom/Swiss sandwiches, anything I can think of to use them up. Mushroom Mania. It's a thing. 

Oh, thanks. Now I need a mushroom and swiss grilled cheese. I did not know this need before reading your comment. I am going to eat more than 500 calories today and it will be Lori's fault! I hope she feels guilt about how much she makes us want to talk about tasty food.

9 minutes ago, refugee said:

I have to confess, I like the idea of salads but I hate making them and don’t enjoy eating them all that much. So one of my guilty secrets is buying healthy vegetables and then throwing them away when they’ve passed the point of no return.

i heard that lettuce keeps amazingly in a mason jar, but I’ve never tried it.

I have a tendency to do this with fruit.  :embarrassed:

I keep my lettuce (washed) loosely rolled up in a damp linen kitchen towel in the fridge crisper. Work great, although it's not around all that long because we eat alot of salad.  Which takes about 5 min to make -- make 8 if I'm peeling and chopping tons of veg.

Mr  Dress asked me about Lori's FB page when he saw me reading it last week.  I gave him the brief Lori rundown.  He thought the absolute submission thing was nucking futs as he said men need a woman's perspective on things, as frequently we see the big picture while men think only about the short term goal.

He also said total submission would be boring and in no way would any man change his bad behavior if the wife just took it constantly. 

But when I told him about slimy 4-day old salad and salmonella dressing he was completely disgusted. And then he asked -- how big is that salad if it last 4 days. I said it probably wasn't huge, it's that Lori doesn't eat much, just like X (his SIL).

He asked why I read her and I said, well ... know your enemy and entertainment.  I described FJ and the posts that we do about what's for dinner every time Lori rails about evil feminist working women don't cook and feed their families fast food. He wanted to know if there were recipes  :) 

7 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Oh, thanks. Now I need a mushroom and swiss grilled cheese. I did not know this need before reading your comment. I am going to eat more than 500 calories today and it will be Lori's fault! I hope she feels guilt about how much she makes us want to talk about tasty food.

Interestingly, I was introduced to this sandwich during a visit to my brother's house. He took me to his favorite sandwich spot, which happens to be a deli at the back of the small town grocery store. The place is always packed at lunchtime. Anyway, the "Mushroom Melt," looked intriguing and I ordered it. I was hooked from that point on and made one several times a week after that visit. It is really good on sour dough or Italian bread - something that gets nice and crisp when grilled. 

Now that I can't eat dairy, I have yet to find a good substitute for Swiss cheese or, another favorite, white cheddar. *frown* 

1 hour ago, CelticGoddess said:

At least you can be assured that you'll be working in a clean kitchen, unlike Lori.  Good luck!

Indeed. I cleaned (actually cleaned, not just wiped with a danger cloth) on Saturday. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived