IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

BUT we should remember that just a few short years ago I am QUITE sure that DPIARBT would have been railing on the rather wide-open-embrace of all manner of diversity. 

Yes, it would have been Marxist this and feminist that and oh, the evil gays... This is the guy who once wrote about how "morally inadequate" jazz music is, and now he's kicking his heels up to jazz with half-naked showgirls and doesn't give a rat's patootie who knows it. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, it would have been Marxist this and feminist that and oh, the evil gays... This is the guy who once wrote about how "morally inadequate" jazz music is, and now he's kicking his heels up to jazz with half-naked showgirls and doesn't give a rat's patootie who knows it. 

And let's not forget Dougie and Beall's "Family Strategies" CD collections, parenting wisdom for the ages, marketed to their sheeple via Vision Forum (bolding mine, because I can't resist):

How to Organize Your Home to Promote Family Unity

How to Cultivate a Love of Reading with Your Children

How to Make Mealtime Meaningful

How to Prepare for a Year of Home Education

How to Take Children Safely Through an Airport

How to Involve the Whole Family in Family Worship

How to Address the Plague of “Jive Talk” in Your Home

How to Encourage Masculinity in Sons

How to Encourage Femininity in Daughters

How to Handle a Social Worker Visit

How to Wage War on Sibling Rivalry

How to Use Household Decorations to Teach Character

How to Talk to Your Children about Miscarriage

How to Involve the Whole Family in Hospitality

How to Build an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Your Children

How to Watch a Movie As a Family

How to Cultivate a Love of Meaningful Poetry with Your Children, and Why Doing So Is Important

How to Prepare Your Children to Listen to a Symphony

How to Take a Road Trip with Your Family

How to Select the Best Locations for Family Vacations

Doug and Beall Phillips answer these and many other practical questions in Family Strategies, a 20-part audio series that features down-to-earth, brass-tack solutions to many of the common challenges families face. Whether the subject is entertainment choices, home décor, travel, music in the home, or dealing with antagonistic social workers, biblically-informed parents must think creatively as they engage real-life family challenges. 
Listen to these accessible, one-on-one conversations as Doug and Beall share some of the most practical and proven strategies they've implemented in their family during the past 18 years. A helpful, biblically-based idea-starter for your family! 

5 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

How to Watch a Movie As a Family

*sniff*

How. to. watch. a. movie. as. a. family.  The logistics or...what??

5 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

*sniff*

How. to. watch. a. movie. as. a. family.  The logistics or...what??

1. Choose a movie

2. Queue it up on Netflix

3. Make sure everyone is facing the TV

4. Push play

5. ???

4 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

1. Choose a movie

4. Push play

5. ???

5. Bloviate much-ly

4 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

5. Find all the morally reprehensible moments (sex! language! women and children using the word "no!!") and order your children to don blindfolds and insert earplugs. 

8 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:
  13 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

1. Choose a movie

4. Push play

5. ???

Make sure it's incredibly captivating and then ask the Nanny to come into the kitchen with you.

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm worried about this 'plague of Jive Talk.'  It sounds contagious. :my_confused:

Now I have a Bee Gees earworm. Thanks, @Loveday

I love that! Thanks @Marian the Librarian!

The last sentence of the promotional blurb on that CD collection is particularly glorious: 

A helpful, biblically-based idea-starter for your family!

Idea starter?

Sounds like a fire starter to me. 

“A twisted fire starter.”

Twisted something, for sure. 

I’ve been Dougie-watching long enough to remember when those CD sets were first released, and the :pb_lol: reactions here on FJ to his use of the term “jive talk.” He thought he was being so hip. So cool. 

Reminds me of Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man: “Are certain words creeping into his language? Words like...SWELL. And SO’S YOUR OLD MAN!”

21 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

And let's not forget Dougie and Beall's "Family Strategies" CD collections, parenting wisdom for the ages, marketed to their sheeple via Vision Forum (bolding mine, because I can't resist):

I don't see any mention of "How to Keep Doug's One's Hands OFF the Family Nanny."  Did I just miss that one?

19 minutes ago, Letgo said:

I don't see any mention of "How to Keep Doug's One's Hands OFF the Family Nanny."  Did I just miss that one?

That's because he just couldn't film that one. (evidence!)  Bless Lourdes for getting away from that.

23 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

1. Choose a movie

4. Push play

5. ???

In my experience, you missed a few steps.  ;)

1.5. Argue about movie choices and who gets to pick this time

2.5. Cave to demands about making popcorn and argue about how mommy doesn't want cups without lids in the living room.

3.5. Argue about who gets to sit in which seat and next to each other.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:24 AM, Quinquagenarian said:

I am posting here before looking at Beall's Blog or that tired old Vision Forum page or even one of DPIARBT's several alias pages/outlets to predict that now that Billy Graham has passed away, somewhere one of them will :pb_rollseyes: tell us of the time DPIARBT was Billy Graham's driver and all the wisdom he gleaned from BG (not to be behind closed doors with a woman to whom you aren't married etc)

Aaaaand here it is!

Why, Doug -- you left stuff out (see bolded):

At the age of 23 I was given the unique honor of being the driver to Dr. Billy Graham for a special season in my life. I often drove him, his wife and friend T.W. Wilson to numerous places, the most memorable of which were locations around the nation's capitol. ... Now, as I chase after & film half-naked women, and dance with wild abandon at European art festivals, having deserted my wife & children in the US, I think fondly back to the days when I pretended to be a Christian. Well, at least I'm still fooling the stupid leghumpers who liked this FB post."

Even that post of completely devoid of Abby mention of Christ, Christianity, God, Evangelism. Faith and belief is as close as he gets. Not even how God used BG to teach him something. He must be the only person to have described any time with BG without mentioning any of those things. 

On 2/22/2018 at 2:47 AM, Marian the Librarian said:

Reminds me of Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man

Love that!  Harold Hill and Doug Phillips.  Now there's two of a kind!!

From DPIARBT's  post--"His was perhaps the last and greatest giant of the 20th century."  This makes no sense.  Missing the scrubbers these days.

I also conjecture that this "season in his life" was oh, about a week or less.

He makes it sound or "permits you to imagine" a la PT Barnum) as if BG and Winston Churchill spent years together but see this from BG's grandso(n in the Washington Post-

"One of my favorite memories is when he told me about meeting Winston Churchill. He recalled being in London and receiving a call from Churchill’s assistant, asking if he was able to stop by the following day. Daddy Bill turned down the invitation because he was scheduled to travel to Scotland the next morning. Yes, my grandfather turned down the opportunity to meet one of the greatest heroes of the 20th century. What is more amazing is that the assistant called back and asked if Daddy Bill was available to meet with Churchill that evening. A few minutes later, my grandfather was in a cab heading to 10 Downing Street."

On 2/21/2018 at 4:17 PM, Loveday said:

I'm worried about this 'plague of Jive Talk.'  It sounds contagious. :my_confused:

I once read something about the trend of jive talk among the youth. Except it was an Archie comic. From the 1970s. No one should use the term “jive talk” in this decade unless they’re being ironic. It’s just weird. At least the Archie comic writer who wrote that story had the excuse of being an old guy trying to figure out what the kids talked like. If you’re trying to influence the culture, at least use terms that won’t get you laughed out of the room. But I guess the only culture the tool is into is burlesque, so maybe using outdated slang could work.

8 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Local story that mentions Faith's appearance at an event in Colorado on Valentine's Day:

http://pagosadailypost.com/2018/02/21/photo-essay-valentines-romance-at-pagosa-springs-center-for-the-arts/

"The most captivating performer of the evening had to be the talented Ms. Faith Evangeline..."

"MS."??? Oh noes, the ebil feminists got her! Well, that's what Doug said would happen if his daughters weren't under his umbrella of protection. 

"The most captivating performer of the evening had to be the talented Ms. Faith Evangeline..."

"MS."??? Oh noes, the ebil feminists got her! Well, that's what Doug said would happen if his daughters weren't under his umbrella of protection. 

And no mention of “Philips,” either. Has she dropped the last name when performing?

On 22/02/2018 at 1:19 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Aaaaand here it is!

It's baffling that a man who looked like this - pale, petite, pudgy, awkward - managed to marry a woman who looked like Beall.  No wonder he's always trying to overcompensate with his masculinity.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived