IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Alternately, maybe she's doing coursework online.  

I think she's actually going to a physical school somewhere because I've seen her mentioning going to class, taking things with her to class, etc...

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I think Liberty is in San Antonio, and I also sense more distance between her and DPIARBT. She seems to be more aligned with JTits and Justice. Don't recall seeing her in Colorado at all. Good question about Jubilee--I've always thought/hoped she might get away from the craziness.  Faith Little Eva, seems to stick close to Colorado....and DPIARBT--the trip to New York a few months back seemed to include only her and at least one of the younger brothers.

Liberty's main instagram is private, but a few pics on her public account @runningforiwojima look like she was in Colorado back in January. IIRC, Beall's posts about driving down to San Antonio were from late January, so it would be in keeping with that. They seem to still be in Texas at the moment.

Jubilee was on Beall's public instagram at the end of January (during the road trip to Texas, I think), but has been MIA otherwise. Her instagram is also private, so I have no idea what's going on there, but amusingly the bio line contains a quote from Ian Fleming.

It looks like Faith stayed in Colorado when Beall and the gang headed to San Antonio. If she's in school that might explain it, though I'm still curious about whether she's there alone, or if Dougie's back in town.

Liberty has posted some new pics to the Operation Meatball account, but no sign of the other girls, except in old, re-posted pictures. The recent trip to the DC area seemed mostly her and Beall.

New IG post from Beall about her happy relationship with new daughter-in-law Delaney. Of note: her previously ubiquitous "growingoldwithyou" hashtag is conspicuously absent. 

On 3/12/2018 at 3:12 PM, GenerationCedarchip said:

I think she's actually going to a physical school somewhere because I've seen her mentioning going to class, taking things with her to class, etc...

Which means she's being exposed to men.  Eligible men!  

Doug bravely fights the "Accusation Culture"! 

"All one needs is a twitter account, a juicy morsel..." DAINTY. The phrase is "dainty morsel." Just ask BRADRICK! Oh, wait...

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Which means she's being exposed to men.  Eligible men!  

Given her fathers proclivities, I'm not sure this is the way to phrase it...

Doug Phillips (aka Phil Douglas, Doug Winters, DPIART) and Bruno Mars in the same post just scrambles my mind.

Since I can't comment on VF's Facebook page, I'll do it here:

You have a lot of fucking nerve, Doug. You're a predator, and you belong in prison. 

Signs of life from the Monsieur Philippe L'outil Boutique Talent Agency?

https://vimeo.com/260480610

No matter how many divergent paths Dougie wanders down in life, they all lead to his gaining access to attractive young brunettes.

Hannah Snow is also Hannah Van Eenoo, one of Lady Flo's Retronette friends in European burlesque-land. She has FB pages under both names. Her IG handle is hannahsnow23, and one of her IG followers is Doug's daughter Faith, AKA sewingtreble. What a tangled little web.

Dougie, you devil, with your predilection for lissome young brunettes - plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Imagine how weird this must be: tagging your dad with his fake name on Facebook 'cause he used to run a krazy kult, assaulted your nanny, almost wound up in the slammer, and is now running all over God's green earth with women who are not your mother. (Click on "Comments")

@DomWackTroll

Imagine how weird this must be: tagging your dad with his fake name on Facebook 'cause he used to run a krazy kult, assaulted your nanny, almost wound up in the slammer, and is now running all over God's green earth with women who are not your mother. 

I can't tell you how much this made me laugh!  My son thinks Doug's shenanigans are hilarious.  I can't wait to read him this.  Mr. Pook on the other hand thinks my fundie obsession is weird.

Quote accompanying a pic on Faith's IG account: "That indescribably sweet feeling of getting a hug from a 97-year-old flyboy."

Yes, folks, this is normal, and developmentally healthy, and appropriate! There are *lots* of young women in their late teens/early 20s whose libidinal instincts are aroused by snogging with men in their 90s...

14 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Quote accompanying a pic on Faith's IG account: "That indescribably sweet feeling of getting a hug from a 97-year-old flyboy."

Yes, folks, this is normal, and developmentally healthy, and appropriate! There are *lots* of young women in their late teens/early 20s whose libidinal instincts are aroused by snogging with men in their 90s...

And I hate how they infantilize these grown men who, you know, fought in wars and stuff? "Isn't he just the cutest? Totes adorbs!" Have some real respect and stop patronizing these elderly gentleman. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Doug bravely fights the "Accusation Culture"! 

Didn't he spend his whole VF career accusing the rest of the world? J'accuse! Je suis DPIARBT!

Am I the only one that finds the Little Eva video strolling down the street superciliously singing The Marine Hymn, BIZARRE and IRRITATING and just OFF!?  I think she has inherited a 6-fold share of her father's smugness.  (JTits and Virginia got the other 2 shares).  Forgive me, but I agree with all the comments about the inappropriateness of referring to these elderly men as "Flyboys" who give her a thrill.  They have no actual military people in their family--except for Beall's father who they WILL NOT recognize or honor (Korean War era vet).  They never show them helping in a VA hospital or raising money for a headstone or cemetery cleanup. Instead they doll themselves up in their pater's favorite pastime cosplay (I guess because he will no longer, or not this side of the Atlantic) and then put themselves alongside these aging and sometimes decrepit men. I think there is a sick love of the contrast, and the being made-over by the the men.  It's just weird. Thank you.  Time for another cup of coffee. 

PS--I saw either here or on the Cheatball page that Liberty had posted guidance on how to care for vets. I did not have the stomach to read. Did it have anything about working humbly without recognition in volunteer capacities at a local VA Hospital? Or offering to do the custodial work at a local VFW for free? Naaah, I didn't think so.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, Hane said:

she looks a lot like a young Beall—which is telling.

Or Lourdes

On 3/18/2018 at 9:20 AM, DomWackTroll said:

And I hate how they infantilize these grown men who, you know, fought in wars and stuff? "Isn't he just the cutest? Totes adorbs!" Have some real respect and stop patronizing these elderly gentleman. 

It's probably what they learned at home, and from what I see, it looks like their exposure to the world is still pretty limited at this point. If you've been in a bubble your whole life, leaving it as an adult would have to be pretty scary.

1 hour ago, Quinquagenarian said:

PS--I saw either here or on the Cheatball page that Liberty had posted guidance on how to care for vets.

There is a lot of blather on their GFM page about that.  The good news is that they have only raised $1,530 in 27 months.

We were deeply impressed with the shortage of time we have with this unique and special generation; and want to make the most of the opportunities that we have to absorb all we can from their life and experiences; to understand what shaped them and made them into such a distinctive group; and to enjoy personal interaction with some of the most wonderful people we've ever met. 

I'd hazard a guess that what shaped them was the Great Depression followed by WWII, little girls.  

History has always been alive to us. Our grandparents and our parents taught us to interact with history whenever we could. We have always visited important historical sites and cemeteries with our family. We were encouraged and challenged to search, record, and internalize the important experiences from those who have gone before us and to learn from their wisdom.

Special snowflakes.  Search, record and "internalize."  You arrogant little puppies.  You haven't got a clue!

So what do we do then? We find or create opportunities to show our gratitude for those who have played such a special role in our history. The treasures of history that these men hold are deep and rich. We talk to them in person, ask them what they want us to remember, what they believe are the important lessons that our generation needs to learn from them. We love the friendships we have made and consider every interaction with these veterans as a gift. When they are gone, we will only have our memories; the conversations we shared, the photographs we took, and the letters we exchanged. Each life is so full of value, we feel an obligation to discover and understand, best as we can, and then tell their story.

They talk to them.  And Faith sings at them.  They hug them.  They wear costumes.  The rest is all about the Meatballers - what they get from the aging vets not how they help them.  They have't told many of the vets' stories either.

How did they grow up; who were the defining influences in their lives; were they connected to their family; what was important to them then, and what is important to them now. But these are not questions on a form. We don't see this as a news report, history research, or even a "project," important as those are. The answers to these questions, for us, come with time and friendship.

And that is a pity.  So all they do is have parties and chit-chat.  I'm sure some of the vets love it.  Spontaneous reminiscence and Life Review can be important and therapeutic in old age.  However, it is not advised to probe for memories when people have PTSD - especially if you don't know what you are doing.

Someone asked above about how much Iwo Jima sand they have.  Reportedly backpacks full.  When they went to Iwo Jima Doug took extra bags to fill with sand.  It is distinctive black volcanic sand and taking it to sell for personal gain is controversial, to say the least.  https://japantoday.com/category/features/kuchikomi/iwo-jima-sand-souvenirs-grate-on-japanese-sensibilities

I really don't get the Iwo Jima, Normandy and Omaha beach sand for sale by entrepreneurs thing.  It seems such a macabre thing to do.  Is it an American uber-patriotic fad, perhaps.  I don't see Europeans offering to sell sand from El Alamein or soil from Ypres or the Somme.  Perhaps they find it tasteless or they are afraid of unexploded ordinance.  It is still around.   https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/landmines-from-the-battle-of-el-alamein-are-still-claiming-lives-today.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-world-war-bombs-still-3862370

Just thought of something regarding the Phillips daughters’ WWII cosplay: In 1991,  as bridesmaids for my baby sister, we wore flowered chintz waltz-length dresses with sweetheart necklines, slightly puffed short sleeves, and basque waists. (It was a major bridesmaid fad back then.) We got effusive compliments from our uncles of the WWII generation—and realized that these were the kinds of dresses their girlfriends wore back in the 1940s.

And, @Palimpsest—bingo. My parents’ heartrending stories about the Depression and WWII don’t deserve to be reduced to cosplay grifting fodder.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Someone asked above about how much Iwo Jima sand they have.  Reportedly backpacks full.  When they went to Iwo Jima Doug took extra bags to fill with sand.  It is distinctive black volcanic sand and taking it to sell for personal gain is controversial, to say the least.  https://japantoday.com/category/features/kuchikomi/iwo-jima-sand-souvenirs-grate-on-japanese-sensibilities

I really don't get the Iwo Jima, Normandy and Omaha beach sand for sale by entrepreneurs thing.  It seems such a macabre thing to do.  Is it an American uber-patriotic fad, perhaps.  I don't see Europeans offering to sell sand from El Alamein or soil from Ypres or the Somme.  Perhaps they find it tasteless or they are afraid of unexploded ordinance.  It is still around.   https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/landmines-from-the-battle-of-el-alamein-are-still-claiming-lives-today.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-world-war-bombs-still-3862370

I don't get it, either. As an American, I find it cringeworthy and, yes, macabre. :?

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Our grandparents and our parents taught us to interact with history whenever we could. We were encouraged and challenged to search, record, and internalize the important experiences from those who have gone before us and to learn from their wisdom.

Which ones honey?

"Well, except for our mother's parents.  They don't count.  Our grandfather's Korean War service, while recently and briefly alluded to by our mother, is no concern of yours.  In fact, we just found out about it in 2017.  Since they did not support our parents marriage we spit on them and on his service.  It's the veterans who make over us and enjoy the photo ops we can provide to them, that we like."

They interacted with history when the sheeple funded some 11 person trip, including Nanny, to go revise world history per their delusional father.

Agree on the sand. For those of you who are not American, please know, many if not all of us, as one of my colleagues said, CRINGE at that and we are embarrassed that they would do this. 

On 3/18/2018 at 6:20 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Don't get me started.  Too late.  Were those special snowflakes exposed to the men on WWII bombers who flew missions and saw their friends blown out of the sky while they had to keep flying to accomplish their mission?  My FIL, a man I often didn't see eye to eye with, but who I greatly admired, did that.  He said that watching the other planes vanish in puffs of smoke was like watching an invisible giant walking in the sky as the antiaircraft guns took out one plane after another.  Sometimes survivors would parachute out and be shot up by the Japanese (IJAAF) fighter planes.  

FIL's brother fought in Iwo Jima, and remembers when they were overrun and laid quiet that night in whatever place that looked like it would hide them as the Japanese soldiers came and put a bullet in every enemy soldier they found.  It didn't matter if they found a body, an injured soldier, or a soldier that should have been taken as a POW.  They all got shot in the head.  Those Allied soldiers that survived by merely not being found had to go back to fighting the next day.

Those men are not to be cuddled up to by a couple of cutsy teens and twenty somethings and treated like they're just adorable and sweet elderly pets, and I doubt that when they talk to those men they really want to hear about what happened in the war.  You know what they wanted to hear?  "I grew up in ________ and answered the call to war.  It was the first time I was away from my family.  I left a girl back home and she did (or didn't) wait for me.  I wrote to my parents every week."  

Skip the horrors of war, these men wouldn't visit that on obviously naive girls who wouldn't have the capacity to understand such things, but were willing to spend time with them and make them feel special for a brief period of time.  Maybe some talk about the men they met in Basic Training or served with after that.  Maybe they brought up a funny story.  But I doubt that if someone started to talk about the the inhumane things that happen in a war those girls would sit by and ask for a photo op.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived