IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

I agree that the hashtags are a bit annoying, but they did give the answer as to why she has so few baby pictures (#adoption)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lilith said:

Is Doug Phillips Esq still licensed to practice law?

I don't know, but from friends of mine who are attorneys, I know that most states require Continuing Legal Education (CLE) in order to remain a member of the state bar in good standing. I wonder if "Phil" has been careful to keep up with his CLE hours... all that overseas gallivanting takes up so much time, you know!

If this is the same Douglas W. Phillips, he appears to be an active member of the D.C. Bar & in good standing, which implies he's kept up with his dues & CLE:

Douglas W Phillips 
San Antonio TX 
UNITED STATES 
Email:  
Phone: 2108547196 
Fax: 
Membership Type: ACTIVE ATTORNEY 
Membership Status: Good Standing 
Date of Admission: 11/03/1995 

He does not appear to be a member of the TX bar.

ETA: Check the email link on the DC Bar listing -- it's DPIART.

I don't know, but from friends of mine who are attorneys, I know that most states require Continuing Legal Education (CLE) in order to remain a member of the state bar in good standing. I wonder if "Phil" has been careful to keep up with his CLE hours... all that overseas gallivanting takes up so much time, you know!
Phil Douglas..I noticed that. Doug Phillips is a tool wanting to reinvent himself as Phil Douglas director and agent?

After the crap he has pulled, I don't see how he could practice law again.. Now Beall, doesn't she have a JD as well? She needs to update her skills and and practice law. Her youngest is old enough to attend a private christian scool. Then she can cut Doug..I mean Phil..out if her life for good.

24 minutes ago, SamuraiKatz said:

Phil Douglas..I noticed that. Doug Phillips is a tool wanting to reinvent himself as Phil Douglas director and agent?

After the crap he has pulled, I don't see how he could practice law again.

Well, IANAL, but perhaps someone would have to file a complaint with the D.C. Bar -- perhaps alleging misconduct.

From the comment on that section of their rules:

Many kinds of illegal conduct reflect adversely on fitness to practice law, such as offenses involving fraud and the offense of willful failure to file an income tax return. However, some kinds of offenses carry no such implication. Traditionally, the distinction was drawn in terms of offenses involving “moral turpitude.” That concept can be construed to include offenses concerning some matters of personal morality, such as adultery and comparable offenses, that have no specific connection to fitness for the practice of law. Although a lawyer is personally answerable to the entire criminal law, a lawyer should be professionally answerable only for offenses that indicate lack of those characteristics relevant to law practice. Offenses involving violence, dishonesty, breach of trust, or serious interference with the administration of justice are in that category. A pattern of repeated offenses, even ones of minor significance when considered separately, can indicate indifference to legal obligation. [Emphasis added]

ETA: Would this apply to actions that occurred outside of D.C.?

As I understand it, Beall has no legal education, although she'd tag along to some of Doug's law classes back in the day. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

As I understand it, Beall has no legal education, although she'd tag along to some of Doug's law classes back in the day. 

And by at least one report she was a better class participant than he was. Sadly, I don’t have chapter & verse. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

This is correct. She has a BA. 

DPIARBT took the Virginia Bar in 1993. He likely waived into the DC Bar. Not hard to do. Lots of lawyers do this to add to the list of states they are licensed in. Don't think he ever went to court there. Their records may be off. 

On another note I see a new thread on FJ that there is some kind of abuse scandal at Christendom College where DPIARBT's youngest brother is on staff. 

Doug was never actually charged with or convicted of a crime - he simply settled a civil suit without admissions. I don’t think he could be disbarred on that basis.

Doug was never actually charged with or convicted of a crime - he simply settled a civil suit without admissions. I don’t think he could be disbarred on that basis.
Indeed but he is so google-able he is going to have trouble finding employment. Ergo the alter ego Phil Douglas.

3 minutes ago, SamuraiKatz said:
17 minutes ago, lilith said:

Indeed but he is so google-able he is going to have trouble finding employment. Ergo the alter ego Phil Douglas.

He doesn’t work well with others anyway, so I doubt he will seek employment. He’s looking for “business opportunities” where he isn’t answerable to anyone.

I was just wondering if he set up and filed the Meatballers non profit.

8 hours ago, lilith said:

I was just wondering if he set up and filed the Meatballers non profi

If he did he was sure to put ESQ after his name wherever possible 

It might be worth noting here that Sisyphus was punished for being a self-aggrandizing, crafty, and deceitful trickster.

Just sayin.'

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Gallivanting all over Europe is "hard work," y'all. 

As is sitting in a house in Durango longing for all of your possessions that strangely still live in Texas. 

And don't forget setting up Go Fund Me pages for your adult children to travel. That's a great way to teach them the concept of "hard work".

Exactly what "habits of industry" is Doug Phillips giving his children?

Fleecing the sheeple? Scamming wealthy donors (like Jim Leininger)? Absconding with expensive camera equipment from the "non-profit" you ran into the ground? Gallivanting around with other women while your wife takes sole responsibility for your kids?

8 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Scamming wealthy donors (like Jim Leininger)? 

I still wonder where Leininger fits into the current picture, and if he helps support grass widow Beall and fam.  I cannot imagine that he has anything to do with Doug. 

I looked at the Wiki for James Leininger and it notes that he donated "$2.5 million to Vision Forum" in 1997.  I realize that's 21 ago, but, damn, that's a LOT of money and I'm sure there was much more where that came from over the years. 

Beall’s Instagram post says they’re in San Antonio, and in a comment says “we only live here part time now.”
WTF? Pictures of houses they used to live in, references to all their things in storage, constant pictures in cars......
Where DO they live? Or are they just roaming around waiting for DPIAT to be done with his midlife crisis?

Or are they running from place to place because SOMEONE might have left behind a trail of angry creditors?  Pure speculation on my part, but it certainly would be par for the course for DPIART.

'man pushing boulder up hill' makes me think of the Avicii - Levels music video :P

More on the living situation, from the latest Instagram posting:

jancrableWe just returned from San Antonio. What a magical place

myfirstyearat50@jancrable It truly is! We only live here part time now, but I get all the warm fuzzies when we pull in to town.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived