IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the breaking news about Dougieʻs erstwhile BFF, Roy Moore, I thought it appropriate to haul the following item out of the digital archives. Birds of a feather, etc., etc.

image.thumb.png.830809278e7fc495760791acb2693e67.png

10 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Given the breaking news about Dougieʻs erstwhile BFF, Roy Moore, I thought it appropriate to haul the following item out of the digital archives. Birds of a feather, etc., etc.

image.thumb.png.830809278e7fc495760791acb2693e67.png

Dagnabit... you're quick.  Just coming to report the same thing.

Look, anyone can accuse someone of inappropriate conduct 30 years ago... so, at this point, I'll take this story with a grain of salt.  That said, the DPIABRT/Roy Moore connection has always seemed odd to me.  Doug's fawning over him wasn't so odd as he fawned over anyone he thought he could use, but Mr. Moore seemed, from my recollection, to be pretty responsive to it all.  I seem to recall Mr. Moore being involved in some way during the whole Mrs. Binoculars/JensGems fiasco...

28 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Look, anyone can accuse someone of inappropriate conduct 30 years ago... so, at this point, I'll take this story with a grain of salt.

If it were one person, youʻd have a point -- maybe.

Given that itʻs four women -- all of them NAMED and well-identified with corroborating friends or family -- thereʻs a remote chance this stuff isnʻt true. As to why theyʻd "wait" for 30 years, I think this commentary or this one provide some insight into why women (even those who didnʻt vote for HRC) are now coming forward.

33 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

I seem to recall Mr. Moore being involved in some way during the whole Mrs. Binoculars/JensGems fiasco...

Remember this as well, too, but canʻt be bothered to wade through Jenʻs stuff to find it though.  IIRC, it involved someone working at Mooreʻs office. 

16 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

If it were one person, youʻd have a point -- maybe.

Given that itʻs four women -- all of them NAMED and well-identified with corroborating friends or family -- thereʻs a remote chance this stuff isnʻt true. As to why theyʻd "wait" for 30 years, I think this commentary or this one provide some insight into why women (even those who didnʻt vote for HRC) are now coming forward.

Remember this as well, too, but canʻt be bothered to wade through Jenʻs stuff to find it though.  IIRC, it involved someone working at Mooreʻs office. 

Yeah, you're right, there are multiple named women and I'm actually inclined to believe it (the DPIABRT connection certainly doesn't help Moore).  But, the reality is that Moore is a higher profile political figure and given the tensions in the country it's possible (but seems unlikely) that it's fabricated (hence my grain of salt, which is probably a stronger phrase than I should have used).  The fact that it happened 30+ years ago just makes it harder to verify -- although the Post did verify the woman and her mom were, in fact, at the court house during the time specified.

Is there any one human being leading this movement that has not been touching the children, the help, or leading a secret gay lifestyle?  At this point, I'm just waiting to hear that Scottie Brown has been dabbling in sex trafficking and Jimmy Hoffa is buried in Botkin's backyard.

Roy and Doug were pretty intertwined in the early 00's.  You may remember Roy Moore from the 10 commadments debacle in Alabama https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glassroth_v._Moore .  I'm not sure how well they knew each other before Moore hit the papers, but once he made national news, Doug was all up in his business.  Moore was a frequent subject of blog posts and a key speaker at his Witherspoon School of Law Conference.  Moore ended up getting booted from his Alabama Supreme Court position and ended up a martyr for the religious right.  After some time passed, Moore recently ran for the Alabama Supreme Court again and won, but got booted again due to his theocratic ways.

45 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I’m not super familiar with this Roy fellow. How were he and DPIAT intertwined? Did he partner with VF?

@barnacles provided a good overview. Won't go back into my cyber-stash at this point -- where there is a LOT of Roy Moore ass-kissing by DPIART from ca 2003 - 2004. This Amazon offering should give you an idea of how embedded Roy Moore was in the VF cosmos.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Joe Morecraft notices the similarities here?

Fun Fact:  Roy Moore's bodyguard at the time was related to Evander Holyfield (brother or cousin, I think cousin).  That is what got Doug all hot & bothered over "executive security"  and most, if not all of the "first brigade" of interns were then sent to bodyguard school.  In a way, it was the origin of Peter's failed business venture BRADRICK!

All the tripe on Beall's instagram about the recent time in Dallas....wonder if she reflected on visiting her aging parents or otherwise seeing her family whom DPIART helped her effectively estrange herself from?  The disconnects for those kids with the absentee father, the alternative-reality Cheatball raison d'etre and the cutting off ties with all mother's people.  Hard to imagine the acrobatic rationalizing that is uttered to try and make sense of all that for them.:dontgetit:

What do the boys do when she is off with the girls? It seems like every weekend she's driving hundreds or even thousands of miles

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

What do the boys do when she is off with the girls? It seems like every weekend she's driving hundreds or even thousands of miles

A VERY good question. And when do the younger ones EVER get educated? Isn't Little Eva still high school age? Does she do her chemistry/physics labs in between vocal performances or sewing projects? Does she take a foreign language class alongside her singing lessons? (Flo a tutor?)  When does math happen? When do essays besides blog entries on Operation Cheatball or Sales Pitches on GoFundMe take place?   The whole mess, as many have said, should be called what it is and they need to regroup, go to SOME school and stop traipsing all over creation making themselves feel celebrity with the senior set at Veterans gatherings. Or at least no more than quarterly.

Perhaps "the father" (a.k.a. DPIARBT) has the boys and she has the girls in their secret arrangement?  Maybe the mall ramblings of Roy Moore is the current events assignment at the boys' school today.....

That's an excellent question. Beall is apparently zipping hither and yon, Doug is off in Europe or wherever filming people in booty shorts, so when is the SOTDRT taking place?
Who's living "at home" these days, anyway? One of the boys got married, and one is at school, right?

1 minute ago, bea said:

That's an excellent question. Beall is apparently zipping hither and yon, Doug is off in Europe or wherever filming people in booty shorts, so when is the SOTDRT taking place?
Who's living "at home" these days, anyway? One of the boys got married, and one is at school, right?

I thought the one who got married was the one at school. Good question and the school, it does seem they are mostly traveling on the weekend so maybe they are able to school during the week. 

Do the girls get paid to perform at these events? I thought I read someone s Instagram that made it sound like they did, but I can't find that now. 

3 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Judging from her latest blog entry, it looks like they all travel together for most of these trips. 

She also portrays the 45,000 miles on the road so far this year as a fabulous SOTDRT opportunity.

Note, though, that she appears to have gone to a real school when she was a kid. Also note: no mention of DPIART or *her* family. 

Then there's the caption under this photo which says: "Then there was the fun surprise of stopping in Alabama and seeing the artwork which was on our wall for years and now adorns a very special wall in a very special office."

Gee,  who would have an office in Alabama that the Phillips family would know? :my_huh:

IMG_2296.jpeg

Linked to this article  just now but please, go read it. It's a great overview.

Moore’s entanglements with the Vision Forum are complex. He contributed frequently to its publications, usually on topics relating to law, policy, and government. Starting in 1999, he served as a “faculty member” at the group’s Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy, a misleadingly named four-day conference open only to men. Moore’s legal foundation, the Foundation for Moral Law, has published recommendations of Phillips’ work, and Vision Forum likewise frequently supported and published Moore. In 2004, Moore flirted with the idea of running for president on the ticket of the Constitution Party, a fringe, ultra-conservative party with which he has a long relationship, and which was founded by Phillips’ father, Howard.

Doug Phillips’ empire crumbled in 2013, when he confessed to carrying on an “inappropriate” relationship with a young woman who was not his wife. (Phillips is a father of eight.) His initial statement was vague, and implied an emotional affair with an adult. But the situation became clearer the following year, when the woman filed a lawsuit against Phillips and his ministries.

Okay, so that blog entry - only a few of the kids pictured, the car's not a van (that I can tell?), the car doesn't appear all that reliable, and WTELF:
"If we are all in the same hotel room, or better yet, sleeping in the car for several nights......"

All in ONE hotel room? How many kids? Some of them are clearly not at home.

I thought it did look like a mini van, so could fit (tightly) 8. There should be 4 girls and 2 boys at home right? The oldest boy is out, we never hear about him. 

Looking at the photos on the blog post, they weren't all from this past year, I don't think anyway, I mean besides the first one when they were little. The boys are only in 2 photos and they looked like they changed a lot between the 2. 

Oldest son Joshua is married and working, he graduated Bible College this past May.

Second oldest son, Justice,  is way gone, working on a Fishing Boat in the Pacific NW.

<<I want my children to see and experience and learn from the life styles and practices of others. I want them to know that the way we do life isn't the only way, and even if it's the best way for our family, we must still improve.>>

Well my goodness, how that tune has changed!

And the article on the connection between Moore & Phillips seems ripe for a comment from someone disclosing that DPIARBT is currently into a more openly "sensual" (to borrow his word) job.

On 11/9/2017 at 3:57 PM, Maxwell said:

Yeah, you're right, there are multiple named women and I'm actually inclined to believe it (the DPIABRT connection certainly doesn't help Moore).  But, the reality is that Moore is a higher profile political figure and given the tensions in the country it's possible (but seems unlikely) that it's fabricated (hence my grain of salt, which is probably a stronger phrase than I should have used).  The fact that it happened 30+ years ago just makes it harder to verify -- although the Post did verify the woman and her mom were, in fact, at the court house during the time specified.

FIVE WOMEN, OVER THIRTY SOURCES  + it was well known that Moore was banned from the local mall for creeping on teen girls.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

FIVE WOMEN, OVER THIRTY SOURCES  + it was well known that Moore was banned from the local mall for creeping on teen girls.

The original comment was posted as the story broke and I believe I said in a follow-up (sorry, that comment) that I was inclined to believe the women (which I do).  I was reserving judgment until more info came out -- which it has.  It's been 4 days and we now know a bit more than was in the initial release.  The mall banning and the year book were not part of the initial story, nor were the 30 sources.  It was primarily one woman with some follow-up comments.  Why are you yelling at me for being cautious about destroying someone on the 1st release of a story with little evidence (initially) that's 30+ years old?  I'm getting slammed for not dog-piling on someone?  I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

It was primarily one woman with some follow-up comments. 

No. Four (4) women -- all of them named -- were interviewed for the original story which you implied you'd read, according to your comment at the time.

If you didn't read it carefully or just skimmed it, OK, but don't say that the evidence wasn't there to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

The original comment was posted as the story broke and I believe I said in a follow-up (sorry, that comment) that I was inclined to believe the women (which I do).  I was reserving judgment until more info came out -- which it has.  It's been 4 days and we now know a bit more than was in the initial release.  The mall banning and the year book were not part of the initial story, nor were the 30 sources.  

From the original Washington Post article of Nov. 9:  "This account is based on interviews with more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, when he served as an assistant district attorney for Etowah County in northern Alabama, where he grew up."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived