IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

My family is heavily into the Royal Canadian Legion.  A couple of years ago, the RCL sent a Cease and Desist letter to this horrible organization that made exact copies of the Canadian-style red poppy pin coloured white, and was selling them as "anti-war" pins to wear on Remembrance Day (the RCL sells the pins to raise money for veterans services and other charities).  Those anti-war folks weren't donating the funds they raised to the Legion, that's for sure.  

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family is heavily into the Royal Canadian Legion.  A couple of years ago, the RCL sent a Cease and Desist letter to this horrible organization that made exact copies of the Canadian-style red poppy pin coloured white, and was selling them as "anti-war" pins to wear on Remembrance Day (the RCL sells the pins to raise money for veterans services and other charities).  Those anti-war folks weren't donating the funds they raised to the Legion, that's for sure.

Peace Poppies are still around.  It was an initiative started in the 30s in the UK to remember civilian war victims as well as being anti war/violence.    In Canada it's run by volunteers and associated with the pacifist UK charity Peace Pledge Union although it looks like they only have one office left.  White poppies are also used by the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.  RCL thought they were disrespectful for sure.

Queen Beall of the Hashtags strikes again...

Please, please tell me I'm not the only one who read that second tag as "whore members mom" twice before realizing what it was actually meant to say :pb_lol:

17 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Please, please tell me I'm not the only one who read that second tag as "whore members mom" twice before realizing what it was actually meant to say :pb_lol:

I totally read it that way. It took me three reads, and at first I was all, WTF are they doing with those poor veterans?!?

And what's up with the #growingoldtogether?

Who's that meant for? Doug? The kids? The veterans?

9 hours ago, treehugger said:

I totally read it that way. It took me three reads, and at first I was all, WTF are they doing with those poor veterans?!?

I had to read it three or four times before I figured out what it actually said.

Beall posted a photo of her and Doug calling him her Valentine. They are so weird.

Was this on IG? AllI see is a picture from the wedding (with DPIAT looking reeeeaaaalllly uncomfortably) with Beall saying these are all her Valentines.
Maybe she’s growing old with the kids? Because Dougie sure isn’t around.....

Quelle surprise! Beall is fine with ignoring everything that shitstain in the White House has done & is doing. 

At least she's consistent.

20 hours ago, bea said:

Was this on IG? AllI see is a picture from the wedding (with DPIAT looking reeeeaaaalllly uncomfortably) with Beall saying these are all her Valentines.
Maybe she’s growing old with the kids? Because Dougie sure isn’t around.....

It's on her private Instagram page.

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Quelle surprise! Beall is fine with ignoring everything that shitstain in the White House has done & is doing. 

I must have somehow missed the post where Beall said she "didn't have to like or agree" with everything Obama was doing to "respect his authority."

On 2/13/2018 at 11:06 AM, Quinquagenarian said:

They. Never. Stop.

Now Operation Cheatball is peddling Poppies and Pilfered Sand for their new Tax Exempt organization. Be sure you have a Motion Sickness Bag for the maudlin descriptions of things in their "Etsy" shop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OperationMeatball?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count#items

Also, this choice morsel is there--"However, we do support ourselves and this does get expensive..."

How's that "Dad will take care of you until you're married" working out again?

I actually wasn't going to snark *too* much on this one, 'cause realistically, they aren't gonna make bank hawking $14 pins, but I'm starting to wonder just how much freakin' sand they shoveled up at Iwo Jima?!

Liberty was offering it as an incentive for one of their GoFundMe projects awhile back, and now it's being packaged in various jars, bottles, vials, and necklaces for the "shop", where they've already been selling it for almost a year. I realize there isn't very much of it in most of them, but still.

36 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Is that Faith singing the "Skye Boat Song" in his cover video?

I think that's the Raya Yarbrough version.

Edit: I take that back, I was listening to the one on his Vimeo page. The one on Facebook could be a different version.

8 hours ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

DPIAT has a new page on Facebook.

[images]

Hashtag commerical work [sic]—why was this guy promoting homeschooling again?

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Bets on how long it will be before he does a gay wedding? I give it a year or so, tops. (That is, if it hasn't happened already.) 

How awesome would it be if Dougie does the gay wedding of some former VF royalty?!?! Let's say - Peter Bradrick?! That would be pure gold!

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Is that Faith singing the "Skye Boat Song" in his cover video?

Found it, that does sound like it could be Faith.

The one on his Vimeo page (titled "DW Demo Reel Set to Sky Boat Song") uses the modified version from Outlander (definitely different). I wonder why he changed it? Would he have to pay royalties for using the song in an online vid of that sort?

Not surprising he would be doing wedding videos; there's definitely money there; however, I imagine Doug showing up for the ceremony with a little beret, a folding director's chair, a megaphone and an entourage, shouting Lights! Action!  while people are just trying to tie the damn knot. 

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

How awesome would it be if Dougie does the gay wedding of some former VF royalty?!?! Let's say - Peter Bradrick?! That would be pure gold!

No kidding.  I could close my eyes and die happy if that happened. 

"A beautiful presentation of a wedding" - our trademark Wide Stance always included, with no additional cost to you.

8 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Would he have to pay royalties for using the song in an online vid of that sort?

Bingo. 

IANAL, but he may be able to get away with the Outlander version being "fair use" on his Vimeo page since that isnʻt explicitly commercial.

The DW Cinematographer FB page is completely commercial though so he probably redid the music to avoid a takedown demand due to copyright claims.

The song is a folk song & may well be in the public domain but peopleʻs actual recordings of it are not.

13 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

but I'm starting to wonder just how much freakin' sand they shoveled up at Iwo Jima?!

Why does it have to be Iwo Jima sand? I mean, they can enthuse and misdirect and then fill those bottles with sand conveniently bought in large bags from Lowe’s or Home Depot that’s just like Iwo Jima sand and how would gullible shoppers know the difference?

scam artists.

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Not surprising he would be doing wedding videos; there's definitely money there; however, I imagine Doug showing up for the ceremony with a little beret, a folding director's chair, a megaphone and an entourage, shouting Lights! Action!  while people are just trying to tie the damn knot. 

No kidding.  I could close my eyes and die happy if that happened. 

Don’t forget Cellos!

I am posting here before looking at Beall's Blog or that tired old Vision Forum page or even one of DPIARBT's several alias pages/outlets to predict that now that Billy Graham has passed away, somewhere one of them will :pb_rollseyes: tell us of the time DPIARBT was Billy Graham's driver and all the wisdom he gleaned from BG (not to be behind closed doors with a woman to whom you aren't married etc)

ALSO--Whoever made the parallels between DPIARBT and Barnum in The Greatest Showman or cited the Phillips' love for the movie. BINGO. Having seen it recently, I cannot IMAGINE how much DPIARBT identified with Barnum.  Wooing the more-affluent girl whose parents disapproved, seeing the "world in all its wonder"--giving the children all this "wonder." BUT we should remember that just a few short years ago I am QUITE sure that DPIARBT would have been railing on the rather wide-open-embrace of all manner of diversity.  Sadly, without any historic basis, the film wrongly depicted Jenny Lind as a bit of a temptress, but perhaps this story line was also familiar to DPIARBT.....

And finally, is anyone else weary of Beall preaching about how people need to get to know veterans and have a 90-something year old friend. Yes, yes Beall and with all overdue respect to Veterans, there are other non-veteran nonoagenarians in the world.  Oh how I wish someone who is connected to one of their blogs/social media--either Beall's or Operation Cheatball's when they start preaching about Korea would say, "Do you plan a special commemoration for your maternal grandfather and his service in Korea?"  Crickets, I predict you will hear.  (See Barnum's treatment of Charity's family in "The Greatest Showman"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived