IGNORED

Joy and Austin 16: Touring the Texas Rodeo

Coconut Flan

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since we don't know the gender I’ll go with both:

Born March 6th:

Girl guesses: Sage or Willow. Middle name Anne for Austin’s mom and a bit Anna. 

Boy guesses: Hunter, Gunner, River. Anything mcmanly. Middle name Robert. 

My guesses:

1. It will be a tiny human born sometime in March and will have some sort of name.

2. Speculation will be rampant regarding everything from the birth weight to who delivered the baby.

3. Someone will likely make a really inappropriate comment, will be promptly pounced on, and will end up sparking a multi-page argument that derails the entire thread completely. 

4. Someone else will make a judgmental comment about something (breastfeeding, non-medicated birth, home birth, sex of the child, Joy’s weight, etc.) and that will spark another multi-page thread derailment. 

5. At least one non-American poster will comment about how shitty the USA is, specifically concerning healthcare. Yet another massive thread derailment will result from this. 

6. Certified Internet Doctors will diagnose the new baby with various ailments based off only a handful of photos. The new mother will be diagnosed with PPD or PPA and someone will claim Austin looks dead in the eyes. 

7. Jo-

Wait... what?... people weren’t predicting how this thread will play out early next year?... whoops... in that case:

Tiny person, weighing a normal amount for a newborn, born in early March, and given a name that’s a mix of old fashioned and tryndy.

List has been started. Not posting it yet because that's ridiculous! :) Rufus bless that it has been enough time since the never ending Mason Duggar list! Shall be posted under spoilers when we are close to Popping Time :P 

On 13/11/2017 at 8:39 PM, Sky with diamonds said:

In a way, I found it hard to believe Joy ended up getting married so young. I find it harder to think of her being pregnant. :my_confused:

I do hope she is happy. Jinger and Joy were always my favorites.

I too find it a little crazy that she has married so young - I am 20 and can't imagine that being me, but my mum married my dad aged 20 and they've been together for 25 years so it can't be too bad. I just can't imagine taking on all that responsibility, i'm barely trusted with candles :lol::lol:

I'm going to guess February 28th, a girl, Mariah Michelle Forsyth.

But the real question is...will the baby have a Duggar nose or a Forsyth nose??!!! :jawdrop:

All I hope for Joy and baby is a safe, healthy delivery where NO ONE is placed in unnecessary harm or risk of harm due to inadequate medical care or insistence on a home birth.  I really worry that she will use the queen of poor birthing choices as her midwife, and I worry that if so, Jill will not transfer her soon enough if things start to go sideways.  

Like my great grandma used to say: "A perfect birth is a healthy birth, and it doesn't matter how it comes about in the end."

This is how I envision the baby names discussion going:

Austin: What should we name the baby?

Joy: I don't know, what do you think?

Austin: What do you think?

Joy: Ummmmmmm... hmmm..... *nervous laughter* Ummmm, I don't really know, what do YOU think?

Austin: It's your baby.

Joy: It's our baby!

Austin: Well do you have any names you really like?

Joy: What names do you like?

Austin: I like Tucker for a boy and Sarah for a girl.

Joy: Okay!

My guess is a boy, born mid to late January, and I don't know why the name Matthew popped in my head, but it did. 

No way will she choose an M name. She'd be hung/drawn/quartered by the fam for "taking" Josh/Anna's chosen first letter. lol

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

This is how I envision the baby names discussion going:

Austin: What should we name the baby?

Joy: I don't know, what do you think?

Austin: What do you think?

Joy: Ummmmmmm... hmmm..... *nervous laughter* Ummmm, I don't really know, what do YOU think?

Austin: It's your baby.

Joy: It's our baby!

Austin: Well do you have any names you really like?

Joy: What names do you like?

Austin: I like Tucker for a boy and Sarah for a girl.

Joy: Okay!

Their phone conversions:

Austin:  You hang up.

Joy: Do you want me to hang up?

March 9th, a girl, Emily Anne but WTF do I know. I definitely have a gut feeling it will be a girl though. Probably weird to have a gut feeling about the sex of someone elses baby but I guess it's been a while since any girls have been born into this family. So if Joy has a bunch of kids she'll be a sister mom, which makes me kinda sad so I hope it's a boy.

This baby has the possibility of sharing a birthday with me so I guess I'll be on the lookout for that. 

For funsies, I'll guess the baby will be born a little early - March 1st and weigh 9lbs even - and will be named Elijah because it's popular AND a chance to tie in the Jewish culture they luuuurve.  Early labor will be induced by too much dirt biking.

Here's my early guess. A boy named John Blake Carrington Forsyth! He will be the first of their Dynasty and weigh in at 9 lbs, 5 oz on March 1 or March 31 (full moons).

39 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

For funsies, I'll guess the baby will be born a little early - March 1st and weigh 9lbs even - and will be named Elijah because it's popular AND a chance to tie in the Jewish culture they luuuurve.  Early labor will be induced by too much dirt biking.

If I’m not mistaken, family friend marci dauer said Joy is due late feb somewhere but I can’t find the source. Also there was discussion in one of this threads about a commenter on fb who talked to Joy at a wedding also said she’s due late February so if that’s true march 1st would actually be a bit late, not early. 

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

so if that’s true march 1st would actually be a bit late, not early. 

Foiled by fundamentalists again!  Can I pick two due dates, then? :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived