IGNORED

Joy and Austin 16: Touring the Texas Rodeo

Coconut Flan

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does it feel like these two have been expecting forever as it is?

i have a feeling she will end up like Jill with Izzy (or to a lesser extent, Anna with Mason) in having a never ending pregnancy.

My prediction: March 8, boy, and of all the girls I can see Joy going with a letter theme. Perhaps Andrew, getting the a theme from Austin. 9lb 5 oz.

If Joy's due date is really February 22, I don't wanna see y'all complaining about this pregnancy dragging out when you're already trying to guess the name, birthday, etc. three months in advance. Joy and Austin have been pretty low-key on social media anyways, it's not like Jill's weekly baby bump updates. :my_biggrin:

I have a feeling it'll be a boy but if it's a girl she will be given the middle name Jill in honor of the one who raised her. (Not my official guess. I'll do that at a later date.) 

Hoping for a boy, but have a sinking feeling it will be a girl. March 10th. At least 9lbs 9oz. I guess the only good thing about female births in this cult is that it takes twice as long before they get back to babymaking.

I could see Joy doing a letter theme, but I guess we won't know for sure until she's had a multiple kids.

I had a dream ages ago that she announced jinder/name and the baby was going to be a girl named Gabrielle Christian. I'm not actually going to speculate on jinder because that's essentially 50/50 and we have no way of predicting it, but put me in for Gabriel(le) Christian. Dream speculation aside, I predict something relatively common.

Birth date...February sometime, I guess. Late enough that the speculation about whether she got pregnant before marriage goes away. 9 pounds 1 ounce.

On 08/11/2017 at 2:21 AM, singsingsing said:

Unfortunately going into ministry doesn't preclude them from going into politics as well.

The Duggars have definitely shown an interest in politics. Well, more than an interest, obviously, given Jim Bob's past career. But I'm totally sure they were planning to dive back into it headlong a couple years ago, before Josh fucked everything up for them. Josh was very obviously being groomed to run for political office, which is ABSURD and just hilariously disgusting and mind-boggling now that we know exactly what was lurking in his past - and anyway, that all went to shit, and it also put a halt to all the other Duggarlings' possible political ambitions - for a while, at least.

I'm not sure who will end up taking up the torch. Jeremy would be an obvious candidate, but he's not really part of the Duggar brand like Derick and Ben are, and I'm actually not sure he wants to get into politics, I think he might be more interested in being a famous preacher. Josiah is Josh Jr. in terms of his personality, so maybe Josiah. It will definitely be someone, and probably more than one, because running for political office is a huge part of their plan to turn the U.S. into a fundamentalist theocracy.

The irony is that Jessa would probably kill it as a politician and would be their best bet if they wanted success, but she can't run because she's a woman. It sucks that Jessa's religion limits her so much, but I'm not going to pretend I'm not happy that it limits her from holding elected office (just like I think it sucks that all the kids get such a piss poor education, but the blessing in disguise is that it makes it much harder for them to achieve positions of any real power or influence in the world).

Wow, this turned into a novel... sorry about that. :pb_lol:

My guess: March 3, girl. Ruth, Naomi or Eve.

sorry @singsingsing that was an accidental quote and I can’t seem to edit it!

My guess:

A boy

Feb 1 (or early enough to send the gossip sites into a tailspin even though there's nothing in it)

River (or some other outdoorsy name) 

Homebirth

8 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

March 3

Boy name-- William or Rhett

Girl name-- Abigail or Olivia

March 10 - Girl 9 lbs at home with jill assisting.  Swoosie Faith / Boy 8 lbs at home - Kevin Matthew 

My guesses:

Date: March 1
Weight: 8lbs 10oz

Boy names: Beau, Forrest, Gage with Harrison as a middle as per my dream :)

Girl names: Cheyenne, Daisy, Bryndle

But I could also see with Joy-Anna doing the double barrel name for a girl: Katie-Grace, Ella-Faith, Amelia-Rose, Ava-Mae, etc. 

11 hours ago, llg1234 said:

If Joy's due date is really February 22, I don't wanna see y'all complaining about this pregnancy dragging out when you're already trying to guess the name, birthday, etc. three months in advance. Joy and Austin have been pretty low-key on social media anyways, it's not like Jill's weekly baby bump updates. :my_biggrin:

Correction - not like Derick’s bump updates. Jill posted one photo to her Instagram when she hit the second trimester. Derick was the one who posted all the other bump updates and sonograms.  

I completely agree on the rest though. I better not see anyone guessing now complain when she doesn’t pop exactly on February 22nd! :pb_lol:

When pregnancies are the only thing that they have going on, they do tend to drag because there's nothing else to talk about. Oh she's still pregnant? Shall be interesting anyway. 

March 3 is Smuggar's birthday. Hope little Forsyth gets his/her own. I know because I share mine with him.

I can see Joy pushing for a cities/places theme because of Austin (Denver, as someone above mentioned, Savannah, Dakota, Hudson, Dallas, Aspen, etc.). But I can also see Austin just shooting down any theme business.

Boy, 10 lbs, 20 inches long. March 4th. Wyatt Austin Forsyth. Attempted home birth, hospital delivery.

I think that either Jinger or Jessa will have the first girl - whichever gets pregnant first. And my prediction is that Jessa is already pregnant, so Jessa will have the first girl. But Jinger will follow up with a girl of her own around her second anniversary. Actually, I think Joe and Kendra will have a girl, too. The trend is going to be reversed and it's going to be a whole bunch of girls for a while, except for Joy and Jill, they'll keep having boys.

Source: my imagination.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:51 AM, SorenaJ said:

Are rodeos loud, noisy places? I have never been to one. 

We have been around rodeos for many years (gasp) and I personally don't think of them as loud. Houston Rodeo, large and hugely attended, only loud some of the time and that is because it is an inside venue. Most small town rodeos are held outside and no really loud at all.  I went with my husband to see Jaws while I was about ready to deliver, now that was loud. Baby moved around the whole time but still waited 3 weeks after the due date to make an entrance. The rodeo Joy was at would not hurt anything but peoples sensitivities.

8 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I guess the only good thing about female births in this cult is that it takes twice as long before they get back to babymaking.

I'm new here so sorry if the answer is obvious but why is it that it takes twice as long?

9 minutes ago, sansan said:

We have been around rodeos for many years (gasp) and I personally don't think of them as loud. Houston Rodeo, large and hugely attended, only loud some of the time and that is because it is an inside venue. Most small town rodeos are held outside and no really loud at all.  I went with my husband to see Jaws while I was about ready to deliver, now that was loud. Baby moved around the whole time but still waited 3 weeks after the due date to make an entrance. The rodeo Joy was at would not hurt anything but peoples sensitivities.

Probably scared stiff by Jaws and didn't want to come out !!:laughing-rollingyellow:

8 minutes ago, thinandfit said:

I'm new here so sorry if the answer is obvious but why is it that it takes twice as long?

It's a rule from the Old Testament that Jim Bob and Michelle held to. After the birth of a son, the couple has to wait 40 days before resuming sex. After the birth of a daughter, they have to wait 80 days. I've heard it explained variously as females being more 'unclean' than males, females having life-giving potential within themselves (thus doubling the wait time to honour that), or it being a protection for the woman whose husband would naturally want to get her pregnant immediately again after the birth of a daughter to try for that all-important son. I have no idea what the actual origin is, but we know Jim Bob and Michelle practiced it. 

I don't think we know for sure that any of their kids hold to this rule. It would make sense if they did, but I'm not sure any of them have ever come right out and said, "Yes, we wait 40 days after a boy and 80 days after a girl."

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

It's a rule from the Old Testament that Jim Bob and Michelle held to. After the birth of a son, the couple has to wait 40 days before resuming sex. After the birth of a daughter, they have to wait 80 days. I've heard it explained variously as females being more 'unclean' than males, females having life-giving potential within themselves (thus doubling the wait time to honour that), or it being a protection for the woman whose husband would naturally want to get her pregnant immediately again after the birth of a daughter to try for that all-important son. I have no idea what the actual origin is, but we know Jim Bob and Michelle practiced it. 

I don't think we know for sure that any of their kids hold to this rule. It would make sense if they did, but I'm not sure any of them have ever come right out and said, "Yes, we wait 40 days after a boy and 80 days after a girl."

Thank you for explaining it. I thought, that if the baby had been a girl, the couple would be eager to try again for a boy, in Old Testament time, but if it is some sort of protection to the mother, then that makes sense. 

Do the Duggars have sex when the wife is pregnant? I mean, she won't get pregnant again. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived