IGNORED

Joy and Austin 16: Touring the Texas Rodeo

Coconut Flan

^^ Yes they do. In a squicky 19KAC episode there was talk about 'cervical softening' in a prenatal class (can't remember if it was Boob and Mullet or J&A doing the class). :brainbleach:

Look how modest these people are. :my_confused:

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Do the Duggars have sex when the wife is pregnant? I mean, she won't get pregnant again. 

Regrettably, JB made it very clear that he and Michelle have lots of pregnant sex. Not that pregnant sex is bad (it isn't), I just could have done without JB's skeezy comments about how his weenie gravy keeps Michelle's cervix nice and soft. 

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I just could have done without JB's skeezy comments about how his weenie gravy keeps Michelle's cervix nice and soft. 

. . . And my day is ruined.  :my_sick:

Just now, Satan'sFortress said:

I regret all my choices this morning 

9 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

^^ Yes they do. In a squicky 19KAC episode there was talk about 'cervical softening' in a prenatal class (can't remember if it was Boob and Mullet or J&A doing the class). :brainbleach:

Look how modest these people are. :my_confused:

From what I've been told, Teresa actually specifically asked Jim Bob before filming not to bring up stuff like that, but he did it anyway.

5 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Weenie gravy... LOL

(insert the Pink Weens of Doom here!)

Wait, so if sex is supposed to be for procreation, and you do it during pregnancy when you AREN'T doing it for procreation, um... yeah, it's just for fun. 
Don't they see that?
I understand that this is a weird thing to think, but seriously...

I feel sorry for Joy, being so young, already pregnant.

And I agree with other posters—she just seems to carry big like Jill does. Joy was always bigger than her sisters, so she’s going to obviously look farther along than she really is. 

When I saw that this thread is hot, my brain went "NOOOOO, please tell me Joy isn't pregnant!!!" Then about two seconds later, my brain was like "Never mind, we already knew she's pregnant." I need coffee.

17 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

For funsies, I'll guess the baby will be born a little early - March 1st and weigh 9lbs even - and will be named Elijah because it's popular AND a chance to tie in the Jewish culture they luuuurve.  Early labor will be induced by too much dirt biking.

NO, Not Elijah, that is #1's name, and it pisses me off that it is so popular as it wasn't 20 years ago when he was born. 

43 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

They don't believe sex is just for procreation, they just don't think you should do anything to prevent procreation if it's a possibility.

You are correct, sex is for the mans enjoyment when ever and where ever he wants it,  procreation is just a bonus.

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

NO, Not Elijah, that is #1's name, and it pisses me off that it is so popular as it wasn't 20 years ago when he was born. 

My favourite name for a boy when I was 12 or 13 was Aidan. I had never heard of anyone named Aidan, but I went to a church called St. Aidan's, which is where I got the name. I thought it was a lovely name that was a bit different and uncommon without being 'weird'. LOL. That sure changed. I still think it's a lovely name, but damn.

22 minutes ago, JillyO said:

When I saw that this thread is hot, my brain went "NOOOOO, please tell me Joy isn't pregnant!!!" Then about two seconds later, my brain was like "Never mind, we already knew she's pregnant." I need coffee.

I legit did the same thing :brainfart:

Just now, singsingsing said:

My favourite name for a boy when I was 12 or 13 was Aidan. I had never heard of anyone named Aidan, but I went to a church called St. Aidan's, which is where I got the name. I thought it was a lovely name that was a bit different and uncommon without being 'weird'. LOL. That sure changed. I still think it's a lovely name, but damn.

My friend has a son named "Aidan".  Or she would, except she had to be tryndy, so it's spelled "Aayden".  

I wish this was the worst spelling of a name that appears on my social media feed.  Sadly, it's not even close.  

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Wow, we're starting the guesses really early this time! :pb_lol:

That's because everything else is so boring.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

The 1st person I knew who used this name her son will be 18 in January, now I know at least 8 others.  I didn't know any Elijah's when #1 was born, know I know of at least a dozen.  #2's name is still "odd" and when you throw in the spelling she's the only 1 I know of aside from 1 actress, which is where I got the name from.  # 2 was the only one in the school district with her name until last year, there is now I little girl in 1st grade that has the same name but spelled with the more Americanized version of the name.

And we didn't name her FOR the actress (had the actress's name been like Julia we wouldn't have named her Julia) we just loved the name, and it was the ONLY girls name we could agree one through both pregnancies.

Did the same thing with the names "Noah" and "Olivia" about ten years ago. Just filed them away as "That's a nice name. Different without being weird."

Apparently 60% of my peers thought the same thing. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

My friend has a son named "Aidan".  Or she would, except she had to be tryndy, so it's spelled "Aayden".  

I wish this was the worst spelling of a name that appears on my social media feed.  Sadly, it's not even close.  

I know someone who did this too, its just weird.

17 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The 1st person I knew who used this name her son will be 18 in January, now I know at least 8 others.  I didn't know any Elijah's when #1 was born, know I know of at least a dozen.  #2's name is still "odd" and when you throw in the spelling she's the only 1 I know of aside from 1 actress, which is where I got the name from.  # 2 was the only one in the school district with her name until last year, there is now I little girl in 1st grade that has the same name but spelled with the more Americanized version of the name.

And we didn't name her FOR the actress (had the actress's name been like Julia we wouldn't have named her Julia) we just loved the name, and it was the ONLY girls name we could agree one through both pregnancies.

We had no trouble picking girl names - we picked our daughter’s name three years before she was born and we picked a name for a second daughter (if we have one) while I was pregnant with our first last year.

Boy names though? Absolute nightmare. My husband knows what he doesn’t like and that’s about it. We finally settled on Brandon before I got pregnant with our daughter, but we’ve since switched to another name - Brandon Stark ruined the name for us with how creepy he was on the last season of Game of Thrones. :pb_lol: 

It appears we favor Old Testament names though. Which is funny since neither of us are religious people and we aren’t affiliated with any specific denomination. 

Hah, my own name was fairly unusual when I was a kid. I never had to go by a last initial in class, and adults would always say "ooh, what a pretty name!" like it was something special. Now 20-some years later it's one of the trendiest baby names. When people hear my name now they say "oh, that's my little niece's name, but they spell it [some dumbass kreative variant]." 

18 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

A boy (hopefully), born March 8th. Probably some redneck trendy name, i'll say Grayson.

I like the name Grayson. I didn't realize anyone thought of it as a redneck name.

22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

We had no trouble picking girl names - we picked our daughter’s name three years before she was born and we picked a name for a second daughter (if we have one) while I was pregnant with our first last year.

Boy names though? Absolute nightmare. My husband knows what he doesn’t like and that’s about it. We finally settled on Brandon before I got pregnant with our daughter, but we’ve since switched to another name - Brandon Stark ruined the name for us with how creepy he was on the last season of Game of Thrones. :pb_lol: 

It appears we favor Old Testament names though. Which is funny since neither of us are religious people and we aren’t affiliated with any specific denomination. 

We had DD's name picked while expecting #1 about 2.5 years before #2 arrived.  We were good for a 2nd boy but all in all we could really only agree on 3 names because my DH loves cuties girls names like Alyssa and Cassie and I do not, I'm more of a Blythe, I really really wanted Blythe for DD but hubby was like NO WAY, too weird, and then I though Genevieve, and again too much/too weird.  UGH, he was into very basic type names and I liked the more flouncy old fashioned kind of names. We almost went with Elizabeth, but his niece named her daughter that and she is only 2 months older than ours so. 

We hit up the old Testament for names, that is where Elijah came from. I have a friend with 3 sisters (so 4 girls) their names are Rebecca, Ruth, Rachel and Sarah, that isn't the birth order I know Rachel is the youngest she's my friend, but I'm not sure where the rest fall, though I THINK Sarah is the oldest.

16 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I like the name Grayson. I didn't realize anyone thought of it as a redneck name.

I have a friend who's son is named Grayson, she's is FAR from a redneck, her and hubby are LA born and raised. VERY well off, well educated, and as liberal as they come.

Aayden? Is she a fan of the Fonz from Happy Days? I would thin the “a” sound would need to be drawn out since she had to have two. 

Grayson is trendy, for sure, but I've never heard of it being a 'redneck' name. It seems pretty normal/inoffensive/mainstream to me.

I used to have long lists of all my favourite names. Now I have one name for a girl (I just go back and forth on the spelling) and one name for a boy that I love, and that's it. The boy's name is my grandfather's name, and the girl's name is a name I've always loved, which has a nickname I've always loved, and is also a subtle nod to my favourite books AND a favourite character from an (unrelated) favourite TV show. 

Of course, I'm 99% sure I'm never having kids. But if I ever find myself inexplicably pregnant, or a baby is mysteriously dropped on my doorstep and I adopt it like the plot of some Victorian novel... I will be ready.

25 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Grayson is now really popular. My cousin's daughter is named that. Also someone I went to high school with her son is named that. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived