IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

This. I definitely think there’s an argument to be made that kids shouldn’t be on reality shows, but that’s not what Derick said. He said that Jazz is being misled by “the gay agenda” and the idea that one’s gender is separate from one’s biological sex, not that Jazz is being exploited by reality TV as such. How could he make such an argument, given that his younger in laws have grown up and in some cases even been born on TV? Derick clearly doesn’t have a problem with kids on reality TV when it’s framed as a “ministry.”

The hypocrisies is staggering. Truthfully, I don't feel Derick thinks much at all before he goes into his Twitter rants.

Derick or Jazz. I know which person I'd rather be friends with and support.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2017 at 5:23 PM, 3 ring circus said:

I don't think it will be a wake up call for him.  He seems to go a little further off his rocker each day. Something is going on with him. He doesn't seem like the same person she met in Nepal.  I bet Jilly is just beside herself over this TLC thing. That was their main income and now it's gone. 

I don't think we'll see much of her, look how little we see of Anna now that Turd is back.  

I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but will Jill still be featured? If Jill and the children are still on the show then they haven't lost *all* of their income...right? Also, if he does go to Nepal or wherever at least we know there won't be another blessing for a while...

1 minute ago, Ace3 said:

I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but will Jill still be featured? If Jill and the children are still on the show then they haven't lost *all* of their income...right? Also, if he does go to Nepal or wherever at least we know there won't be another blessing for a while...

The TLC statement said nothing about Jill or the boys. Just that they have no plans to feature Derick in the future and he hasn’t been filmed since August. I won’t be surprised if the rest of the Dills are featured, possibly to a lesser extent. 

15 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Derick's newest Instagram post. OFC, he's posting a quote from one of those Duck Dynasty dudes. :TrainWreckMotion:

He liked this  tweet earlier, so I'm guessing that's where he got the image from 

Of for the love of Rufus please STOP. Is tweeting the only thing he does all day? No wonder he needs to grift for a living. I'm starting to think  he is having some kind of break down because he seems completely unable to stop.  He is becoming a Trump mini me more and more each day.

I've been scrolling through pages of this thread wondering where the heck people were getting the idea that Derick was:

• in disgrace with the Duggars,
  • in danger of Jill divorcing him,
  • about to desert Jill in AR and take off for Nepal.

In the absence of evidence to the support this I can only assume the above was pure idle speculation by some people.

1 hour ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I don't think that Derick quit his job because he is lazy. He's waiting to do something BIG as he's been told would happen if he is just ready and willing.

Bingo!  For people like Derick (and Jill) this is following God's Directive.  He has been called.  And only the bestest Christians are called to serve as a full time missionary, quit their job, and live "by faith alone."  For the uninitiated, "Living By Faith Alone" translates as live by begging for money because you are too Godly to hold down a job. 

I would also argue that Derick is being selfish and irresponsible because he is now a parent and his wife didn't seem to like CA.  However, he has plenty of Quiverfull missionary role models around, and probably the full support of many naive people in his church, and in the Dillard and Duggar families.  And the hate he spouts is fully endorsed by them.  He is not off his rocker to them.  He is speaking God's word.

As for his missionary goals:   As we noted when the Dillards first galloped off to pester Catholics in CA, neither Derick nor Jill were qualified to serve as full time missionaries under SBC guidelines.  There were some weasel words about Cross Church "supporting" them but not sending them.  The SBC International Missions Board (IMB) sets the requirements - more info here:  https://www.imb.org/go-faq/

I think SOS letting the Dillards go was a reality check.  IMO, Derick is back at Cross Church doing some of the work necessary to be a SBC missionary church planter.  Jill will need to do some coursework too if that is what they still hope to do.

So is this his latest GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/ccsmmissionsderick-dillard

Standard practice for these types.  He's doing a few gut courses in Baptist theology, practicing on international students, and hoping for couple of two week "short-term missions" to Gotham City or Miami Beach during the next year.  If he gets the chance he'll do a two week misscation in some exotic place so he can patronise the locals and hand out a few Bibles.

Jill may or may not be going on those short-term missions.  She is probably hoping that Derick will be called to plant a church  somewhere nice - like California.

On the news here earlier they mentioned that the Church of England had issued guidelines to its schools saying kids should have the freedom to express themselves and that boys could wear tiaras and girls could be superheroes without persecution. 

That's what real Christians do, they are supportive of people even if they don't always understand them. 

Total speculation- but my guess is that Derick was being difficult about Samuel’s birth. Maybe he wanted certain parts of the birth edited a certain way and production disagreed. He got on his high horse and went off on Jazz as a way to express his issues with tlc. They fired back that he wasn’t needed to make this show successful. He fired back with more tweets about Jazz. And then they cut ties. 

Has it already been pointed out one of the 'Jim Bob Jennings' donation now has an avatar of JB and Michelle getting all nasty playing Put Put?

And the 'Yuza Grifter'? Sounds like FJ is trolling his fundraiser.  I'd like to do so as well, but really don't want to give him one dime and have my credit card on file. Of course I'd like do donate a nickel and ask for change.  

10 minutes ago, mstee said:

Total speculation- but my guess is that Derick was being difficult about Samuel’s birth.

Total speculation - but we really don't know what happened.  It is chicken or egg.

TLC didn't say that Derick was fired.  They said he was no longer being featured.  After the fact and well after Derick's first shot at anti-trans rhetoric and bullying a child.

It is possible that Derick (and - or - Jill) decided not to renew his (or their) contract(s), which *may* have included some clauses about not spouting hate speech on social media or bullying other performers on other TLC unReality shows.

Derick *may* have decided that the money from TLC was getting in the way of his "missionary" grifting and his ability to preach God's word hate speech.

@Palimpsest it was just my interpretation and speculation of a situation that we will probably never know the full story of. And I️ never said that tlc fired him- just that they “fired” back at him regarding his tweets. I️ mean- we’re here to chat, educate, and speculate. I️ won’t miss Derick on counting on, though. 

Didn't TLC say they wouldn't feature Josh, Michelle or Jim Bob anymore?

Pretty sure we still see them (gag) and Derick will pop up as well - maybe no talking heads.

I slightly (very small percentage) feel sorry for Jill as she would be upset that Derick is being "persecuted".

Quite frankly, you do the crime, you do the time.

Also Derick, there's a special place in hell for idiots like you.

The Dillards haven't been featured heavily on the show in a while.  Now with Joy expecting and JoeKen's first year of marriage to create storylines out of, TLC has more than enough material without them.  The "check ins" they did for variety with the Dillards (to show Duggars living a different way) now can go to JinJer in Loredo.  There's really no niche for the Dillards anymore.

Even WITHOUT Derick's behavior, it was starting to make sense to cut them.  They are the least popular Duggar couple (tied with Josh), and every year with more grown Duggars means less need for the unpopular ones on the show.  

It could have been anything, honestly.  It could even have been that Derick saw the amount of time they were going to get and decided the hassle of filming just wasn't worth it.  Or maybe Jill and Derick expected to return as the top couple now that they were back in the States, and threw a fit when TLC had other plans.  Who knows.

I expect we'll still see Jill in other storylines.  I bet she'll be featured with Joy's pregnancy, and certainly at the shower.  But unlike back in the early days of the show, there's too many grown Duggars for ALL of them to have storylines now.  So TLC will have to pick and choose which ones to feature, and which ones to cut.

And the unpopular and often boring Dillards were probably an easy choice to nix.  

9 minutes ago, mstee said:

I️ mean- we’re here to chat, educate, and speculate. I️ won’t miss Derick on counting on, though. 

We are here to chat, educate, and speculate (within reason).  Which you did.  I wasn't calling you out, although I can see how it may have read that way.  Sorry. :)

I was confused by earlier posts (not yours) that stated speculation as fact.  That is strongly discouraged here.

I won't miss Derick on Counting On.  I won't miss Counting On if it is cancelled.  I haven't watched a single episode (just read the recaps here) because I boycott TLC for its exploitation of minors and other vulnerable people.  It doesn't even pretend to be The Learning Channel any more.

Whether or not TLC continue to feature Jill and her boys, they would have received a LOT more backlash from hardcore fans if they’d announced they were dumping Jill. She does have a loyal fan base, and it’s been building since she was a teenager. A lot of people feel invested in her life in a way they simply aren’t in Derek’s.

Re Michelle’s robocalls and the Duggar’s curated image. Those calls were recorded pre Joshgate, when the Duggars were riding high. The girls and Michelle were being photographed for People’s Beautiful People issue, the whole family was front and centre in campaigns for major conservative republicans who were seeking the support of the family and their fan base. Josh was being paid a large salary to promote their agenda in Washington. It must have looked to them like the world was finally coming round to their way of thinking. The media environment is very different and much more hostile now, and the core Duggar family, under JimBob’s control, is much more guarded with their public statements.

5 hours ago, LacyMay said:

This. 

I have a lot of Christians on my social media ranging from the very conservative to the not at all conservative. 

I've seen the Oh my gosh clutch the pearls posts about how terrible gender neutral washrooms or allowing transgendered people to use the washroom of the gender they identify with (I hope I said that right?) 

And tbh they bother me and I roll my eyes and comment (when I can) about how logically this is not the end of the world. BUT I also accept that these are these people's (bigoted) deeply held beliefs and that I won't be able to change them so I carry on. 

So I'm in the "not at all conservative" category ;) . . . And my counter to my conservative brothers and sisters in Christ, has always been, "why crap on their happiness?"

Okay, so let's say for a minute, anyone on the LGBTQ+ is merely mentally ill (spoiler alert: they're not!) . . . Then why not let them bask in their happiness?  

My Dad has a TBI & dementia, and some days, he doesn' know where he's at.  He wants to believe we're in Florida, when really we're in Minnesota?  Who cares?!  My Dads happy, so why would I dampen that happiness??

God is wherever love is.  Derick can suck it, because *nothing* he' doing or saying, has anything to do with love.  Or God.  

Gender is a social construct, and I could care less who's in the stall next to me *shrug*

2 hours ago, mstee said:

I️ won’t miss Derick on counting on, though. 

I feel the same way.  I won't miss Derick. But it will be interesting how Jill spins it. 

Who won't miss the clutches....

I wonder if Jill wore pants to distract us.

1478267802-screen-shot-2016-11-04-at-956

Sorry JillyMuffin, we'll never stop talking about what a wreck your husband is. 

I've read about half the pages, and if this has been covered, I'll edit this comment to agree or whatever. But I've been thinking about whether TLC first told Derick to stop being so annoying because people don't really want to see him, and then he got it into his head that they're going to the devil because they prefer someone like Jazz to him, and so that's why he keeps bringing this up all over again; in defense rather than offense. He couldn't attack TLC directly, because the rest of the family is still getting paid from it.

I think @nolongerIFBx came closest to what I was thinking. He's gravely disappointed in TLC because they know their audience would rather watch a cute teen with an interesting story, than him puking and not grooming himself anymore, and it isn't fair because he "followed his faith" and is not rewarded for it. So he's attacking them while attacking her.

Well, kid. This is earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But is your treasure where your heart is? That's a tough call from here.

Today Lily and Ellie posted about "Derick's Statements" but only list 3, based on original tweets he made. That number doesn't sound right to me. Weren't some of the most inflammatory statements made as responses to other people's tweets or comments? If so, I'm fairly sure they're effectively cherry-picking what he said to downplay the "so-called bullying" which other posters don't believe happened.

As a note, the first post they made on Saturday about Derick "not being featured" has the comment section (currently at 633 comments!!!) full of people complaining about "TLC suppressing Derick's Freedom of Speech" and "persecution of Christians", as is entirely unsurprising.

4 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Didn't TLC say they wouldn't feature Josh, Michelle or Jim Bob anymore?

They said no more Josh, which has held true so far. I don't believe they said anything about JB/Michelle.

There's so many obnoxious things about Derick, but the other obnoxious thing I've been thinking about is this - ok, let's just for a second accept that you strongly believe transgender people are going to hell and you honestly think you're 'saving' them. You have your firmly held beliefs and that's fine (it's not, but for the sake of understanding). Bro - tweeting snarky shit is NOT HOW YOU CONVINCE SOMEONE of your viewpoints. When I post liberal shit on my facebook page, I am fully aware that I'm really only posting it because I figure my other liberal family/friends would like to read it. That's it. Part of the problem is that he's just an idiot when it comes to his methods - you suck at marketing your version of christianity.

13 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Lens flare to hide Derick? 

Dancing blue dot.

58 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

There's so many obnoxious things about Derick, but the other obnoxious thing I've been thinking about is this - ok, let's just for a second accept that you strongly believe transgender people are going to hell and you honestly think you're 'saving' them. You have your firmly held beliefs and that's fine (it's not, but for the sake of understanding). Bro - tweeting snarky shit is NOT HOW YOU CONVINCE SOMEONE of your viewpoints.

Yeah, especially when the target of his snarky shit is a KID. Picking a fight with a kid is always wrong, no matter what the issue might be. If Derick wants to start a Twitter war with an adult trans activist, go right ahead. The adult can handle it. A kid shouldn't have to deal with any of this.

I don't think Derick quit Walmart just because he was following "God's Directive." If he thought he had a calling, he wouldn't have stopped being a missionary in the first place. (Or whatever it was that he was doing in Nepal.)

I think Duggarville threw a wrench in his plans to have and support a family by working a desk job, either by Jill complaining about being lonely, Jim Bob giving him the line of working for himself, he thought it would just be easier because there was reality show money, or a combination of some or all of those things. Derick was already knee deep into this when he contacted Jim Bob to be his "prayer partner." This was a life he pursued with purpose.

Using the word "calling" takes all responsibility off the actor and makes it solely about the religion. I grew up in an evangelical church where there were "calls" to go somewhere else to preach or teach. In the real world, those are termed "better job offers."

Derick just seemed to have chosen poorly. Maybe that's getting to him, or maybe he's exactly where he wants to be, bigoted Tweets and all. This is probably who he's always been.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived