IGNORED

Fundy Matching Game: Unmarried Fundies 4

Bethella

59 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Is he the oldest of the Damings, or the oldest boy? Super fertile Monica Brown is his sister IIRC.

I don't have birthdates for all of the Damings but I believe he is the sixth child and oldest boy.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/30/2018 at 1:31 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Sounds like Melanie Thomas is finally getting married this weekend. The Thomas siblings are an attractive bunch. Hard to believe she has been single this long. Looks like 3 back to back weddings for Ma & Pa Thomas. Only 1 left.

Melanie must be nearly thirty now...? Only Matthew left, and I got a feeling he won't have any problems finding a suitable broodmare when he so wishes.

And if we are about to forget who these super good looking and fun loving Thomases are, here's a little reminder for us:

T.Rex Arms is the brainchild of dominionist Lucas Botkin, the wannabe war hero son of Geoff Botkin, who likes to open-carry even in his mother's kitchen, complete with Lara Croft -style crotch straps and all.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Anna Flynn. I’m one of the names on your list of single fundies. I’ve known about this website for some time and must admit it is a very strange feeling to read the posts talking about my sisters and my close friends, but I am in no way offended because I understand the bizarre show that fundamentalist christians present to regular society. I’m writing to ask if you would remove my name from the list of single fundies as I am no longer single (dating a non-christian) and, in addition, I am no longer a fundie. In fact, I am not even a christian anymore. I am attending Amherst College in Western MA studying History and Russian and I am happy to say that many of my younger siblings are considering the college route as well. Having left the faith fairly recently, it has been strange (and exciting!) learning how to navigate life outside of the social norms that I grew up in and in some ways having to deal with being seen as an outsider. But thankfully my family has been understanding and supportive of all of my decisions, so it has been easier for me than I’m sure some other ex-fundies have experienced.

I wish you all the best, and happy gossiping about fundies!

- Anna Flynn

58 minutes ago, ARFLY said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Anna Flynn. I’m one of the names on your list of single fundies. I’ve known about this website for some time and must admit it is a very strange feeling to read the posts talking about my sisters and my close friends, but I am in no way offended because I understand the bizarre show that fundamentalist christians present to regular society. I’m writing to ask if you would remove my name from the list of single fundies as I am no longer single (dating a non-christian) and, in addition, I am no longer a fundie. In fact, I am not even a christian anymore. I am attending Amherst College in Western MA studying History and Russian and I am happy to say that many of my younger siblings are considering the college route as well. Having left the faith fairly recently, it has been strange (and exciting!) learning how to navigate life outside of the social norms that I grew up in and in some ways having to deal with being seen as an outsider. But thankfully my family has been understanding and supportive of all of my decisions, so it has been easier for me than I’m sure some other ex-fundies have experienced.

- Anna Flynn

Good luck to you in your future endeavors! 

1 hour ago, ARFLY said:

Hello Everyone,

- Anna Flynn

Best of luck, and that's great to hear. I'm also an ex-Christian (was never a fundamentalist, though I flirted with it for awhile) and majored in History! I always love to run into fellow History majors. And it's always wonderful to hear of someone getting out of fundamentalism. Congrats and best wishes for the future! :) 

Welcome, @ARFLY! 

Congratulations on pursuing a university career and on your relationship -- may it all go well.

4 hours ago, ARFLY said:

Hello Everyone,

- Anna Flynn

Good for you, and I wish you every happiness!

5 hours ago, ARFLY said:

Hello Everyone,

- Anna Flynn

I'll update the list when I get home from work this evening. Good luck with school and your relationship.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:44 PM, Mrs. Bean said:

Thank you, do you know which one of them is Hannah? It’s odd that daughters of prominent patriarch remained unmarried for this long. The older girls/women must be in their mid to late 30s. 

So I was just looking around on FJ and a person gave their ages three years ago. So if I’m doing my math right, Hannah is the youngest sister and she is 34. The oldest sister is about 40 and the middle sister is around 37. 

So even if the Wongs are quiverfull, they chose older brides. Which means they probably won’t have a dozen children. 

11 hours ago, ARFLY said:

Hello Everyone,

- Anna Flynn

Welcome Anna, good to hear you’re pursuing a college education, best of luck to you. Are you one of the Massachusetts Flynns? 

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Welcome Anna, good to hear you’re pursuing a college education, best of luck to you. Are you one of the Massachusetts Flynns? 

Thank you! Yes I am one of the Massachusetts Flynns.

On 5/31/2018 at 6:00 AM, Bethella said:

I don't have birthdates for all of the Damings but I believe he is the sixth child and oldest boy.

I didn't realize they started off their quiver with so many girls. Is Monica the only one married yet? She was the 2nd oldest IIRC.

My personal BEC moment for today: so Grace Sanders is going to marry Alex Gray. That means she will be Grace Gray. Not the best sounding name.

11 hours ago, ophelia said:

I didn't realize they started off their quiver with so many girls. Is Monica the only one married yet? She was the 2nd oldest IIRC.

Her sister Cori got married in 2016 (to Anthony's now-fiancee's brother, incidentally) and has a daughter. Her sister Heidi got married in 2017. Erica and Elizabeth are single. Anthony is engaged. The rest are younger. That's all I could find; Scotty's wedding post said that she had four of her sisters as bridesmaids and one as a flower girl.

55 minutes ago, AliC said:

I believe Timothy Lockwood and Bethany Souza's wedding date was today.

Yes, it was Friday evening although I haven't seen pictures on FB yet.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:52 PM, ARFLY said:

Thank you! Yes I am one of the Massachusetts Flynns.

Awesome! I have sort of “followed” yours and the Thomas families since your sister? Rebecca married Michael Thomas. I didn’t know there was Anna in the family. It seems most of the older girls in your family are doing well for themselves and not just sitting at home and waiting for price charming. When did you realize that you did not want to follow the prescribed “way of living”? How did your immediate circle of friends react to your changed believes? Have the big scandals like Doug Phillips nanny sex abuse and the Bradricks divorce have any impact in propelling people and especially girls in your community to look closer at the “bill of goods” they were/are being sold? If you don’t mind answering. If you find these questions too intrusive, I apologize, please don’t answer.

P.S

I’m fluent in Russian ;) it’s a difficult language to learn even as a mother tongue, so props to you! 

Breezy Brookshire's public FB page says she is "in a relationship" with Jacob Paul Stevens.

15 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yes, it was Friday evening although I haven't seen pictures on FB yet.

Bethany changed her profile picture to one of herself and Timothy at the wedding.

1 hour ago, meee said:

Bethany changed her profile picture to one of herself and Timothy at the wedding.

Spoiler

1F872839-DFDF-40A1-891C-0941C48A9AA8.jpeg.175f866e8922ce0be70c83d1bbbd706d.jpeg

Woww that’s an awkward pic 

32 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:
  Hide contents

1F872839-DFDF-40A1-891C-0941C48A9AA8.jpeg.175f866e8922ce0be70c83d1bbbd706d.jpeg

Woww that’s an awkward pic 

Is it a... first kiss selfie...? 

19 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Is it a... first kiss selfie...? 

I really do think it is, because you can see people sitting in the pews behind them. It seems like they're at the alter...in front of everyone...having their first kiss. And DOCUMENTING it.

6 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I really do think it is, because you can see people sitting in the pews behind them. It seems like they're at the alter...in front of everyone...having their first kiss. And DOCUMENTING it.

I’m cringing so hard at the thought of this happening. I’m actually going to pretend it is all just some crazy dream. 

And... I didn’t see this coming. Patience Pennington is engaged. Figured she would at some point, but didn’t even see a courtship announcement.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:59 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Melanie must be nearly thirty now...? Only Matthew left, and I got a feeling he won't have any problems finding a suitable broodmare when he so wishes.

And if we are about to forget who these super good looking and fun loving Thomases are, here's a little reminder for us:

T.Rex Arms is the brainchild of dominionist Lucas Botkin, the wannabe war hero son of Geoff Botkin, who likes to open-carry even in his mother's kitchen, complete with Lara Croft -style crotch straps and all.

T. Rex Arms is the Emma Stone to Derick Dillard's Lindsay Lohan. 

1 hour ago, Iamhispurity said:

And... I didn’t see this coming. Patience Pennington is engaged. Figured she would at some point, but didn’t even see a courtship announcement.

That doesn’t surprise me. Out of all the Pennington sisters I would guess she was next. She’s still fundie. 

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived