IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

27 minutes ago, nst said:

when he uses the term wifey - I just think of Judy Blume :D

Me too. I think Dwreck would be shocked to read that book.

That omlette looks so gross. Don't even get me started on paper plates and foam cups. Buy some dishes at goodwill. I guess they forgot about that episode they filmed saying they leave less carbon footprint than the average person. I think not. We even use cloth napkins to cut down on our trash.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 3 ring circus said:

Don't even get me started on paper plates and foam cups. Buy some dishes at goodwill. I guess they forgot about that episode they filmed saying they leave less carbon footprint than the average person. I think not. We even use cloth napkins to cut down on our trash.

They had a ginormous registry and a bazillion gifts, too, which must have included kitchenware, including plates. There is no excuse for paper plates anymore.  If she sent that off to work with him, then get some reusable lunch containers.  That is such an incredible amount of waste for a small family where they intentionally, purposefully state that the wife/mother's job is to stay at home and be a homemaker.  Even by their own rules, this is absurd, and I don't know of any family of four that regularly uses paper plates. Secular families can somehow wash dishes.  There is time to do so while still playing with toddlers and infants.  It is possible. 

So much waste. So much arrogance. So much laziness.  So much hypocrisy.  Infuriating. 

I mean, he states in the caption that Jill sent him to "work" with this omelet, so I get that it's food to-go.

But still, I send my husband and child off to work and school every day with food and they sure as hell never go with plastic forks and paper plates and plastic bags. Reusable tupperware for everything and proper cutlery that comes home to get washed. If it's food that needs to be heated, it goes into glass tupperware. What is with the Duggars and their cavalier attitude towards disposable, one use items?

Wow. Paper plates for a family of four just stuns me for its wastefulness. To be honest, I didn't even find the disposable plates tolerable at TTH, but at least I kind of get why the convenience might appeal when you have 19 kids running around all day. But the two adult Dillards have about half a "job" between them. Yes, I realize Jill is busy with two small kids, but not too busy to be able to wash one plate and some cutlery after her husband goes to "work." 

At the very least, posting that picture is just terrible branding, especially considering that selling their family's image is their only quasi-legitimate source of income. Eggs on a paper plate isn't exactly aspirational. 

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Am I the only one who thinks poor little Sammy is screaming for someone to come save him from the fucking crazy that is his life? :jawdrop:

ABSOLUTELY.

And dang, that's one Jim Bob lookin' baby...

My ex-husband used to call me "wifey". After 22 years of wifeyhood, I decided I must be a lesbian. That's my take on being called "wifey".

5 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

and 2- CNN has been actually posting the Apple picture with the question "Is this an apple or banana?" and a lesson on Facts First. Is it remotely possible that Dwreck is reading CNN over the magnificent Fox News?!?!?

In reaction to CNN's post, conservative outlets have been posting the apple or banana photo with statements questioning the legitimacy of transgenderism. I've seen Ben Shapiro and Seth Mandel both do it, so I'm assuming that's where Derrick got it from, and what he's insinuating. 

He's not even original in his douchedom.

11 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

In reaction to CNN's post, conservative outlets have been posting the apple or banana photo with statements questioning the legitimacy of transgenderism. I've seen Ben Shapiro and Seth Mandel both do it, so I'm assuming that's where Derrick got it from, and what he's insinuating. 

He's not even original in his douchedom.

I'm sure you're right. Derick, like his man Trump, just regurgitates what he ingests from his bullshit ultra right-wing 'sources'.

The apple and banana thing is so ridiculously basic, it doesn’t even merit discussion.  How can you compare a thinking, feeling human being to a piece of fruit?

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The Apple/Banana thing is a very generic argument, I doubt dWRECK watches CNN over Fox. 

Oh he has seen the advert. Why else would he post it. He also knows who it is directed at. That's why he posted his own version. He is a Trump supporting, small brained male mammal. That's it. Nothing else. Nada. 

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Little Sam's face screams, "get me out of here!!" 

I'm frankly amazed he hasn't been made into an avatar yet. :pb_lol:

My husband and I went to the grocery store tonight, and when we got home he put some of them away (I did the rest). I must now create awitter and Instagram accounts so I can brag to all the other Gothard zombies how my guy is sooooo much better than theirs. Then I will go stare adoringly at him while he tries to watch TV.

I've done that before, just gone up to  him and stared at him with the the Michelle stare.  It freaks him out. First time I did it he said "What the hell are you doing". Now he just rolls his eyes and tells me to be a good help meet. Maybe he means help meat. Meaning he wants me to help him make dinner. 

10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

My husband and I went to the grocery store tonight, and when we got home he put some of them away (I did the rest). I must now create awitter and Instagram accounts so I can brag to all the other Gothard zombies how my guy is sooooo much better than theirs. Then I will go stare adoringly at him while he tries to watch TV.

I've done that before, just gone up to  him and stared at him with the the Michelle stare.  It freaks him out. First time I did it he said "What the hell are you doing". Now he just rolls his eyes and tells me to be a good help meet. Maybe he means help meat. Meaning he wants me to help him make dinner. 

Or as my inner 12 year old say, he wants you to help him with his meat! :56247956409be_32(13):

5 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Or as my inner 12 year old say, he wants you to help him with his meat! :56247956409be_32(13):

Oh he has said that more than once. :output_eeMbjt:

50 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm frankly amazed he hasn't been made into an avatar yet. :pb_lol:

I do good? I do good. :my_biggrin:

31 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I do good? I do good. :my_biggrin:

THIS IS AWESOMEEEE

8 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Between what @llg1234 just posted and the following tweet:

I think we need an eyeroll reaction just for our friend hipster jesus, bravely spreading the truth about apples.

Annnndddd,  he choose an image of the most bland, tasteless, mushy type of apple, a Red Delicious.  He does know that apples come in all shapes and sizes right (just like bananas do) With different colors, textures and flavors?   He also realizes that apples are a plant; an inanimate object with no emotional range of a teaspoon. People are not apples. People are not bananas.  People are not inanimate objects. Hence, they generally feel something when you bite into them.

34 minutes ago, Swamptribe said:

emotional range of a teaspoon

50 points to Gryffindor for the Hermione reference!

I have a book for Dwreck.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171025-203552.thumb.jpg.ca6d56db47ce74a739203704b03d6015.jpg

From Amazon:

A blue crayon mistakenly labeled as "red" suffers an identity crisis in this picture book by [Michael Hall].

Red has a bright red label, but he is, in fact, blue. His teacher tries to help him be red (let's draw strawberries!), his mother tries to help him be red by sending him out on a playdate with a yellow classmate (go draw a nice orange!), and the scissors try to help him be red by snipping his label so that he has room to breathe. But Red is miserable. He just can't be red, no matter how hard he tries! Finally, a brand-new friend offers a brand-new perspective, and Red discovers what readers have known all along. He's blue! This funny, heartwarming, colorful picture book about finding the courage to be true to your inner self can be read on multiple levels, and it offers something for everyone.

And it's written for children ages 4 to 8 years old, so he's almost ready for it!

39 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

50 points to Gryffindor for the Hermione reference!

A Slytherin handing out points to Gryffindor?! I think I need to go sit down! :pb_surprised:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived