IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

Derick is also claiming on twitter that he doesn't support GotHard/IBLP, and someone called him out for promoting an IBLP program: 

12 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Hide contents

That omlette looks like a diseased quesadilla to me...anyone else?

3 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

People are not inanimate objects. Hence, they generally feel something when you bite into them.

:pb_lol: You got experience with that?

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

50 points to Gryffindor for the Hermione reference!

You're willingly giving points to Gryffindor? Are you feeling okay?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Response to his tweeting about Christian persecution (also, according to him a group of christians are called "the church." I didn't know that, I thought a group of christians were called christians).

What about the persecution of the LGBTQ community that you participate in, DWreck?? Do their lives not matter? What about how the current administration doesn't want to label attacks on this community as a hate crime? He's also claiming to love all followers of Christ. Sure. We believe you. :roll:

Is this his excuse for not working?

Oh goodness that omelette  (are we even calling it that?) Looks absolutely disgusting. 

Even worse is that I'm on FJ at 1am because I'm already stomach sick. 

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Response to his tweeting about Christian persecution (also, according to him a group of christians are called "the church." I didn't know that, I thought a group of christians were called christians).

The way he uses it is very normal within Christian circles, and is used that way in the Bible. Here's a Christian article that gives a bit of an overview of it.

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

A Slytherin handing out points to Gryffindor?! I think I need to go sit down! :pb_surprised:

LOL!

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

You're willingly giving points to Gryffindor? Are you feeling okay?

Yep.

Y'all forget - my own KID is a frickin' Gryffindor! I had to get over the points thing (but she's NEVER won the House Cup in THIS Slytherin House). :)

9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

A Slytherin handing out points to Gryffindor?! I think I need to go sit down! :pb_surprised:

In all honesty, there was a bit of a grammar mistake in that line which we need a Ravenclaw to fix.  I'm a Hufflepuff anyway.

9 minutes ago, Swamptribe said:

bit of a grammar mistake

Yeah, but I read it the way you intended, so it's all good. :)

And points to Hufflepuff! Make it 75. :)

It is pretty nasty, comparing an inanimate object (apple/banana) to living, breathing human beings with brains, hearts, and souls. Methinks they're not quite the same thing!

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

LOL!

Yep.

Y'all forget - my own KID is a frickin' Gryffindor! I had to get over the points thing (but she's NEVER won the House Cup in THIS Slytherin House).

But your kid being sorted into a Gryffindor was a DISAPPOINTMENT, lol.

1 hour ago, Swamptribe said:

In all honesty, there was a bit of a grammar mistake in that line which we need a Ravenclaw to fix.  I'm a Hufflepuff anyway.

I'm a Ravenclaw, but I've forgotten what I'm supposed to fix. The problem.of getting old.

I sort of think that Derick is trying to be one of those preachy types who makes really ‘powerful’ statements about god and the church, but he just doesn’t know how. I think that fundie preachers/speakers usually sound really great to their demographic (for instance, Jeremy and Ben) but D-wreck just doesn’t know how to convey a message or speak to people so he sounds like a completely ignorant fool. 

Not that Jeremy and Ben aren’t ignorant fools, they just are better at speaking and marketing their hate than Derick. He should stick to numbers. 

46 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

I sort of think that Derick is trying to be one of those preachy types who makes really ‘powerful’ statements about god and the church, but he just doesn’t know how. I think that fundie preachers/speakers usually sound really great to their demographic (for instance, Jeremy and Ben) but D-wreck just doesn’t know how to convey a message or speak to people so he sounds like a completely ignorant fool. 

Not that Jeremy and Ben aren’t ignorant fools, they just are better at speaking and marketing their hate than Derick. He should stick to numbers. 

Thank goodness for that! The less people he convinces with his lack of rhetoric skills, the less people I have to pretend to be civil with. Let him show his backside. We're all better off for it. 

P.S.: This is a purely personal opinion that in now way, shape or form reflects on the mod or admin team.

There are definitely parts of the world where Christians are persecuted, and America is most definitely not one of them. Kind of hard finding time to pray for the persecuted church when you're busy persecuting everyone else, Derick. But he doesn't mind. After all, Jesus clearly said, "You guys are the in-crowd, congrats. Everyone else is going to hell, and if they don't come around after you yell at them and insult them for a while, just don't worry about them! Hate your enemy, despise your non-Christian neighbour, and definitely make sure those foreigners and strangers stay in their own countries where they belong."

Just now, samurai_sarah said:

Thank goodness for that! The less people he convinces with his lack of rhetoric skills, the less people I have to pretend to be civil with. Let him show his backside. We're all better off for it. 

P.S.: This is a pure personal opinion that in now way, shape or form reflects on the mod or admin team.

I agree completely. The more people know how awful they are, the less of a platform they have for their rhetoric. 

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

But your kid being sorted into a Gryffindor was a DISAPPOINTMENT, lol.

Now where in the world would you get THAT idea?!

And also:  she knows... she knows....

Ironically, comparing fruit to transgender people and their experiences is like comparing apples and bananas.

Boy, conservatives really love false equivalences when their ideologies get holes poked in them. 

Derick is a lost cause. Nobody help him understand, just troll the shit out of him. 

It's so pathetic.

http://www.dillardfamily.com/2017/10/american-progress-through-understanding-and-unity

Ohhh boy. The post is below for those who don't want to give Derick page hits.

Spoiler

There’s been a lot of talk lately about how divisive America has become. This isn’t new in the world; divisiveness is as old as the human race. It’s not new, but it is destructive. Lincoln recognized this a century and a half ago. What is unique, is this experiment called the United States of America. No other country in history has had such progress and success as America. We can thank our founding fathers for constructing a constitution that’s founded on principles of freedom, protection, justice, and truth. If our generation is going to, not only benefit from, but also improve our country, we’ve got to maintain those same principles. They’re not outdated, they’re timeless and are proven through time.

With these constitutional principles in mind, it serves to remind ourselves that:

1. Just because you don’t agree with someone, doesn’t mean you hate them. What one thinks of someone’s idea or actions really doesn’t serve at all, to tell what they think of them personally, one way or the other. For example, I disagree with about 95% of what my son does or suggests that I do ("Get out of the car!" as we're going 70mph down the highway), yet I love him dearly! I disagree with my wife far less than my son, and I also love her very much. It’s not bigotry, fascism, etc… to exercise one’s right of free speech.

2. It’s not a problem that someone has different beliefs than you, or that they’re LGBT, or that they do anything else other than what you agree with. That’s the beauty of America, that we have the freedom to make personal choices, within a civilized society of law and order.  All people should be treated equally before the law, plain and simple. If you do bad stuff, you should pay the consequences regardless of who you are. One’s consequences, good or bad, should be based on actions, not identity.

3. Capitalism is great. If you agree/ disagree with some product/ idea, you can choose not to support it or even freely encourage others to support/ not support that same thing. They can then think about it and then choose whether they agree/ don’t agree with you and choose to support/ not support that same product/ idea and then be on their merry way. (e.g. politics, proselytizing, business, etc.…) The result of such freedom usually leads to good things.      

So much of what divides America today seems to be an attack on one of our basic principles, ones that can be easily taken for granted. If you’ve taken these bedrock principles for granted, it only serves to show how effective these principles have been in constructing the great society we live in (e.g. detachment from the plight of those who don’t have the same recourses afforded to Americans). However, if this is you, please do not continue to take your American heritage for granted. It’s important to remember that ALL Americans have this heritage in common, whether you’ve been a citizen for one day or your family’s been here 500 years, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, country of origin, religion, disability, age, or any other point of differentiation. It only takes a look through history or across the globe to know that we have something great here, that we need to take the baton and continue to steward this well. America’s definitely not perfect, but we should aim for progression not regression, with our founding principles in mind.

—Derick Dillard

:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: @ the entire post, especially when it comes to his lack of understanding about Capitalism actually is. He doesn't seem to understand that freedom of speech doesn't mean he should be able to spout his bs without consequence. It means he can tell us his dumb opinions and we can tell him how we feel about them. Last time I checked, Twitter replies aren't government censorship.

14 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

I'm Hufflepuff too!  I have some Gryffindor and a bit of Slytherin for sure.  In my real life as a witch I would most certainly be placed in Hufflepuff, proudly!  Y'all get your healing and magickal medicine from somewhere, you know!  <|:D

The worship of capitalism and wealth that has become very common among the religious right in America is very unbiblical, though they like to claim that the Bible does support their beliefs. One theme that appears multiple times in the New Testament though is that the love of money is a bad thing. Early Christians, as described by the New Testament, actually lived in a fairly communist community.

Derick and his ilk are soooo simplistic.  They just don't think.  You're in jail?  Ministry!!111!!!1.  Why can't they see and fight for dismantling for profit jails?  The US allows this.  It's wrong.  Just wrong.  The war on drugs makes people a ton of money on both sides.  It's broken and Jesus can't fix it.  "Don't do bad stuff"  Derick is such a maroon. Does he think he solved the worlds problems and has it all figured out?   Humans are complex.  Life is complex.  You need to look at all sides, dig deep, then form an opinion.  What would he know though?  He's hiding from all of it.  Useless. It's actually hard to find my words, having lost brain cells from reading that ridiculous essay.

Spoiler

A6pMv_s-200x150.gif

Bless you @llg1234 for sharing, even though after reading number one I reacted in the same way as Denzel in this gif. The way so many people throw "I can be a bigot, it's my first amendment right!" like I can go after you and call you out on your BS.

Wow, spoken like a true ignorant, conservative who has swallowed the whole American exceptionalism bullshit brainwashing. I'm cackling. 

Derick, if you read here, this is the last productive thing I'll say to you because honestly your'e a waste of my time, space and energy. 

1.  America is racist as hell (as well as a lot of other things) 

2. It has not "progressed" the most. Bitch, America is only number one in most incarcerated percentage of the population. It also has a penchant for screwing other countries and it's own people over. 

3. Basing morality and civility off of the Constitution was your first mistake. It's flawed as hell. 

4. Derick, you are so dumb and insular in your beliefs. Lucky for you, you're a white male in America so nothing is forcing you to form a critical thought. Sweet Jesus, you're dense. 

5. You're arrogant as hell! And stupid. 

6. Don't claim you support LGBTQ people and then shit all over them and introduce rhetoric that threatens their well-being. You can't have it both ways, hun. 

I'm actually glad Derick tweets and writes such bullshit. Anytime, people want to give the Duggar props/minimize their problematicness, you can just point them to Derick's fuckery of a twitter. 

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Derick is such a maroon. Does he think he solved the worlds problems and has it all figured out?

I believe the answer is yes.

I'm disturbed by his statement that he disagrees with about 95% of what his son does.  The child is two.  Something (IMO) seems very off there.

15 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I believe the answer is yes.

I'm disturbed by his statement that he disagrees with about 95% of what his son does.  The child is two.  Something (IMO) seems very off there.

Yeah I got stuck on #1 too: “doesn’t mean you hate them” then use your 2yo as an example? And why would Izzy tell Derick to get out of the car in the first place? It sounds like Derick is competing with poor Izzy for some reason (Jill’s attention?). With his anti LGBTQ views, I’m hoping Izzy isn’t too feminine in his toddler ways.

The contrast between Derick and Ben can’t be bigger at this point. All a 2yo needs is love and guidance Derick, it’s not a manipulative powerstruggle. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived