IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I loved those flip maps. The excitement of turning another page. Garmin just doesn't have the same thrill.

My parents got me these books called "Which Way USA"  I loved them, you'd learn about people, places and things that were important to the state.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My second daughter was usually the Map Girl when we went on vacation.  She had charge of the road atlas.

10 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

My second daughter was usually the Map Girl when we went on vacation.  She had charge of the road atlas.

I finally got my turn with the maps and the trip log as a senior in high school. My older siblings had mostly moved out and I went on a few trips with only one or both parents. It was pretty fun being the co-pilot/navigator!

3 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

My parents got me these books called "Which Way USA"  I loved them, you'd learn about people, places and things that were important to the state.

I had those too! My dad signed me up for a subscription at one of the Scholastic book fairs! Anyone else remember those?

10 hours ago, amandaaries said:

She does look much happier now that she's in the US, but she doesn't seem to have the same light she used to. Does Dreck even notice? What does he do when she cries for reasons unknown (as she mentioned in her advice to Joy about wedlock)?

Quotes bible verses as directives, I'd venture to guess.

@Londish, I not only remember Scholastic book fairs, I went to one this fall on Grandparents' Day with my granddaughter.  I've still got a few books I got from the Scholastic book orders from when I was a kid.  I'm 62 now.

24 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Nothing but the best

I really hope that ketchup was used on a corndog that he finished and not on the Twinkie. :my_sick:

5 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I really hope that ketchup was used on a corndog that he finished and not on the Twinkie. :my_sick:

Jill confirmed this in the comments. So no worries. Derick remains gross, but at least hasn’t resorted to eating ketchup on Twinkies.* 

*Someone, somewhere is bound to be reading this right now and feeling offended because they eat ketchup on Twinkies. :pb_lol:

Did they go to the state fair? That doesn’t look like a frozen corn dog you make at home and I have never heard of having a deep fried Twinkie where there wasn’t a Ferris wheel nearby. 

Can I pretty please with a cherry on top be very, very petty and BEC for just a quick second? :cupcake:

Mmm... deep-fried twinkies & corndogs...one of my favorite late-night snacks! #oneofmyfavoritelatenightsnacks

You don't have to hashtag something that you just said WORD FOR WORD! Or if you DO want to hashtag it, you don't have to say it in non-hashtag form #youdonthavetohashtagsomethingthatyoujustsaidwordforword #orifyoudowanttohashtagityoudonthavetosayitinnonhashtagform 

On 10/30/2017 at 1:40 AM, Dandruff said:

And through it all, I have no doubt, Jilly Muffin just keeps on smiling.

Only on the outside

Did anyone see the “goofy” picture of Joys wedding.  Everyone else is posing funny but Jill and Derick are imitating a mom feeding her baby bird.  I Guess they took over where smugger and Anna left off.  That used to be their thing with Anna always giving the thumbs up.

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

Did anyone see the “goofy” picture of Joys wedding.  Everyone else is posing funny but Jill and Derick are imitating a mom feeding her baby bird.  I Guess they took over where smugger and Anna left off.  That used to be their thing with Anna always giving the thumbs up.

Bahahaha! That is exactly what it looked like! 

Excuse my ignorance (we don't have those in my country, so maybe it is actually a thing), I only had one of those once), but is the twinkie deep fried as well? :pb_eek:

11 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

Excuse my ignorance (we don't have those in my country, so maybe it is actually a thing), I only had one of those once), but is the twinkie deep fried as well?

Oh yes, my foreign friend, it is indeed. It's kind of a thing that started at fairs across the country, deep fried everything, including twinkies. Now apparently Walmart sells them? Is there anything more embarrassingly american than buying deep fried twinkies at walmart?

That corn dog is either horribly overcooked or the oil desperately needed to be changed. The nasty after taste from old oil is a pet peeve of mine. Gross either way. 

I just laughed my ass off at that picture! 

I know that when eating regular food, it doesn't have to be aesthetically pleasing but D-wreck desperately needs a Jeremy, or even a Jessa, to help him rebrand and be more savvy. 

Damn D-wreck, you are a hot self-righteous mess. 

I thought we couldn't get worse after that mess of an omelette  (it looked diseased) But here we are. 

Really Dwreck? You couldn't stage that a smidge better? Maybe separate plates? Or the ketchup not next to the Twinkie? 

I don't judge how or what you eat (true confessions I put dipping sauces in measuring cups earlier because we don't have ramekins and bowls seemed too big) But I didn't put it on Instagram. 

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

I know that when eating regular food, it doesn't have to be aesthetically pleasing but D-wreck desperately needs a Jeremy, or even a Jessa, to help him rebrand and be more savvy.

He seems to be approaching the Bro Gary category, cuisine-wise.

Man, if that's Derick's idea of a late-night snack, he'll be jockeying for position against Josh and David Rodrigues in the Unfortunate Fundie Physique race before long.

6 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

Excuse my ignorance (we don't have those in my country, so maybe it is actually a thing), I only had one of those once), but is the twinkie deep fried as well? :pb_eek:

I swear those look like grill marks on that Twinkie. There's a sentence I never thought I'd type. But yes, just as Snickers34 said, deep-fried Twinkies are very much a thing at county/state fairs here. So is fried butter. 'MURICA!

deepfriedbutter.jpg

And for anyone who cares to look, here's an example of fried butter. The posted description is "Breaded, deep-fried, chocolate-covered butter stick with sweet lard drizzle." :pb_eek:

Spoiler

Breaded-Deep-Fried-Chocolate-Covered-But

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived