IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

On 10/18/2017 at 8:23 PM, SportsgalAnnie said:

Dear Derrick,

As someone who's in the same age range:

* Not all Millenials are bad, some of us are actually hardworking and tolerant.

* You don't need your Mom to come to defend you on Social Media. 

* If you can't take it don't dish it out!

Derrick is the poster boy for Millennial stereotypes. I don't care what he says he's had one job and he most likely got it thanks to his mom. He wants people to hand him what he wants instead of working for it. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood the American-style bathrooms anyway. I was not able to poop while I was there unless I was 100% sure that there was no-one else in the room. My body was just shutting down otherwise.

I was so happy to be back home where public bathrooms are a little bit less public.

With all these people commenting on Derick's account and reporting him to TLC and twitter, I wonder if JB is already getting sweaty palms. The show can't manage another trainwreck and Boob surely doesn't want the gravy train to stop. 

I keep misreading this title as "Tweeting for gold." I wonder why...

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

I keep misreading this title as "Tweeting for gold." I wonder why...

Would have been a good thread title too. :)

• samurai_sarah unpinned this topic
34 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Weird question, but why was this thread pinned?

Because I'm an idiot who clicked the wrong button. It's sorted now, but I remain that silly goose. :)

I'm gonna quote a wise fellow twitterer who said that it's Republican men with "family values" that we should be afraid of in the bathroom, since they are in fact the ones committing the most sexual assaults compared to other groups. :boom:

I think that - except from the vile transphobia and hate this people are subscribing to - it's also a case of projecting. Many of these conservative cis men themselves think of women's bodies as their, the men's, properties. They don't care about consent. They imagine it's be easier for them to get away with assault in trans-friendly bathrooms. They falsely think of trans women as men, and not even as men with common decency who are able to share a bathroom with women and other genders, cis or trans, without assaulting anyone, but as men like themselves who can't wait to put their hands all over women and other people if they can get away with it. Indeed, they, the "family values"-men sometimes assault boys/men too, something that cis-only gender segregated bathrooms won't fix!

I'm not saying dWreck has assaulted someone. Maybe not even Jill (they do subscribe to an ideology where women can't say no). We don't know! I don't want to know. But I think he shares the mindset, that women are "tempting" and should be isolated. Much like Pence, who won't be alone with a woman unless she is his wife. They only see women as sexual objects, not as people. 

And for fucks sake, trans people just need to pee! They are the ones getting assaulted in bathrooms, and dWreck and his kind have the balls to paint them as the perpetrators!

It's always interesting each day to see what station Derick has pulled the crazy train into this time.  Surely Jim Bob has to be aware this is hurting his brand ala Josh gate.   

I have mixed feelings when it comes to JB's potential feelings on the subject of Derick's proselytizing and hate speech on Twitter. I think its possible he's aware that Derick is receiving push back for his close-mindedness, and that people are viewing his family as hateful and deeply out of touch - and that it could be bad for business.  But I think its more or just as likely that JB is proud that Derick is a 'warrior for God' and showing people the light, speaking 'truth', etc.

... All of this just makes me remember Michelle's robo-call against transgender bathroom rights. 

2 hours ago, Queen said:

I'm gonna quote a wise fellow twitterer who said that it's Republican men with "family values" that we should be afraid of in the bathroom, since they are in fact the ones committing the most sexual assaults compared to other groups. :boom:

I think that - except from the vile transphobia and hate this people are subscribing to - it's also a case of projecting. Many of these conservative cis men themselves think of women's bodies as their, the men's, properties. They don't care about consent. They imagine it's be easier for them to get away with assault in trans-friendly bathrooms. They falsely think of trans women as men, and not even as men with common decency who are able to share a bathroom with women and other genders, cis or trans, without assaulting anyone, but as men like themselves who can't wait to put their hands all over women and other people if they can get away with it. Indeed, they, the "family values"-men sometimes assault boys/men too, something that cis-only gender segregated bathrooms won't fix!

I'm not saying dWreck has assaulted someone. Maybe not even Jill (they do subscribe to an ideology where women can't say no). We don't know! I don't want to know. But I think he shares the mindset, that women are "tempting" and should be isolated. Much like Pence, who won't be alone with a woman unless she is his wife. They only see women as sexual objects, not as people. 

And for fucks sake, trans people just need to pee! They are the ones getting assaulted in bathrooms, and dWreck and his kind have the balls to paint them as the perpetrators!

I agree completely. There's a lot of projecting going on.  People like Derick make up stuff in their heads based on their own reality.  M2F people transition to another gender, not to pedophilia and rape. If Derick thinks trans women pose a risk to female children in public bathrooms, it says a whole lot more about what going on in his own head than what's going on in the heads of women.  This is not to say Derick has the mind of a pedophile or rapist.  The flip side of seeing women as tempting sexual objects is to see men as beasts who can barely control their baser instincts.  

Gender segregated bathrooms are a pretty new idea. They haven't always been that way in the US, and in many parts of the world they aren't. My husband is quite a religiously conservative Muslim from Sri Lanka and he doesn't understand why mixed bathrooms are a big deal (obviously with stalls you can't see in to.)

And, if someone is going to prey on people in the bathroom, they're just as likely to do it now. They're not going to pretend to be trans. A predator is a predator. They'll just wait in a stall or outside the door until they know a potential victim is alone and attack. (Yes, I've thought about that scenario when using a public restroom.)

Do these people honestly think rapists or pedophiles are concerned about whether they're legally allowed in the bathroom? They don't care about what's legal and what's not. If they did, they wouldn't be a rapist or pedophile.

I'd make fun of him, but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut cause I don't want him to actually make a difference.

Also, don't forget Jill is just as bad as Derick, she's just not nearly as vocal. She retweeted this garbage article (TW: rape):

Spoiler

The couple said the child helped them heal, great. The part that really stuck out to me was this,

"I recognize that I can’t and won’t ever comprehend the depth of her pain.

She also won’t understand mine. I’m supposed to be her protector. I’m the one who stood in front of our families and friends and, along with 'for better, for worse…', silently vowed to make sure her heart and body stay safe."

Way to make it about you, rme. He then goes on to say that he doesn't judge women who got abortions after being raped. The kicker is, he follows that with talking about how god will forgive them. 

I just went to their site and got an ad for the best thing ever. Or maybe I am biased because I love the book?

IMG_9153.PNG

If the Duggars can survive not one but two sex scandals, especially one that involved incest, then they can survive any other scandal. We all know Derick is a dipshit, but his tweets aren't scandal worthy. Mostly because they are not shocking whatsoever. We know these people are fundamentalists and support other  like minded dipshits. The only surprising thing any Duggar can do is go rouge and move away from fundamentalism. I don't think the older 2nd generation will, but maybe the younger kids or the Grand Duggars will. 

I once went to a movie with a friend. It was later at night and pretty empty. We changed seats a few times- a middle aged white man followed us with each seat change. It was only the 3 of us in the theater. He got up and left mid-movie. I was relieved, and went to the restroom. He was in the restroom- in a stall. I saw his backpack and feet. I ran out and we left. 

These are the predators that go into bathrooms. They arent dressing as women. They aren't going into restrooms to use the toilet. If someone wants to be a predator, they will. Gender neutral bathrooms or not. 

I'd love to point out to Derick that his own brother in law didnt need to disguise himself as a woman in a restroom to molest. 

@mstee I agree and I am always aware of this in large public places. Malls, in the bathrooms that are down a long hall isolated from the main walkway and like you said movie theaters when there are not many people there.

As a female, I am always aware of my surroundings. Sad but true. Never thought about danger from a transgender female. Didn't occur to me. 

On 10/19/2017 at 10:21 PM, Rachel333 said:

I think the answer is unisex, single stall bathrooms. It solves the problem for people who don't fit neatly into the male/female bathroom categories and gives everyone privacy while they do what they need to do.

I went to a botanical garden that had a hall with ferns on the walls between nice, big, clean, unisex single-room bathrooms. I loved it. I have never before been so impressed by bathrooms!

Agree. I saw a rest stop in Montana like this and I felt safer, especially traveling alone. 

There is one particular large, cavernous,  (albeit clean since it's rarely used) rest area we pass often on road trips. BF stretches his back while I dash in.  I rarely take safety precautions, but here I tell my boyfriend, "I am going to pee for exactly 60 seconds, if I not out in 75, come after me!"

I look back as I open the door to make sure he is listening and he yells, "55 seconds and I'll catch you in an unladylike position, you'd better hurry!"

@Queen That's a really thoughtful response and something I had never considered. My mom was really uncomfortable with the idea at first and it came up at her church bunco group (Catholic). For one of the other ladies it hits within her nuclear family. She used the analogy of the handicap/ access stall in the bathroom, social norms mean most people don't use it and leave it for others who need it, but there's nothing stopping anyone from going in. Their old biddies' solution was if safety is such a concern in bathrooms, bring back the bathroom attendants and create jobs at the same time. Since on the chance dad was out and about with his daughter back in the day, the ladies bathroom attendant would either help the girl child or the men room would be cleared so no unmentionables would be seen.

Okay, if my husband ever tried to talk about his "pain of not protecting me" after my rape, I'd probably punch him.

Well I guess we can look at Dwerks tweeting as our duggar comedic entertainment while the rest of the clan is being quiet. He tries so hard, bless his heart.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:14 PM, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

I just went to their site and got an ad for the best thing ever. Or maybe I am biased because I love the book?

IMG_9153.PNG

Ads are based on your search history. The Dillards wouldn't see the same thing. 

22 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Ads are based on your search history. The Dillards wouldn't see the same thing. 

It still makes for a funny juxtaposition of ideas though, like when I was reading Quiver Full of Politics last fall with a Trump for President ad at the top of the page. :eyewash: 

Thread drift-

I just wanted to say thank you to @SapphireSlytherin (I'm pretty sure it was you) for bringing up USAA's car buying service in the last Dillards thread, just in time as I was shopping for a new car. I had been meaning to get on my husband's plan for awhile, so learning about the service put my butt in gear! Long story short, the truecar price plus USAA discount saved me $5000! So thank you again!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived