IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope everyone remembers to praise their "hubbys" for insignificant shit today. I plan on praising mine for checking the mail.

Crap.  Mine did two loads of laundry today and I forgot to snap a pic for IG!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’ve said on DFO that Derick’s program is residential. They must be in whatever apartment or dorm Cross Church is using.

These girls are so impressed with the bare minimum of efforts from their husbands. I don't get it.

Have you guys seen that video making the rounds on Facebook of a lesbian comedian telling how she's dating a woman who recently stopped dating men? Any time she does anything thoughtful for her girlfriend, the girl is insanely grateful because she neve had men treat her that way. It's hilarious. Unfortunately, I don't remember the comedians name.

edit: comedian is DeAnne Smith. Hope a duggar daughter sees this:

1 hour ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I wish someone had set up a fake Twitter account for Derick like Ryan set up a fake blog for Creed in The Office. Then again, keep exposing that bigotry to the public Derelicte. Keep exposing it.

Yes!

And Trump. We could have a word doc somewhere with "Trump thoughts" to spare us all. 

This is a step up from when she posted her bible on her bed, candlelight, and lifesavers, right? #Fundiekink

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope everyone remembers to praise their "hubbys" for insignificant shit today. I plan on praising mine for checking the mail.

Mine got the mail and turned off the kitchen light. OMG no husband has ever done this before.  I must rush and call TLC so they can film him ..then edit it.. then film him again as he flips the switch.

Mine also drove me to and from my colonoscopy but i'm sure not showing that on the TeeVee 

6 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I'm more confused about Derick's facial expression?! It looks like he was surprised when Jill took the picture. Jessa knows it's a brand, it wouldn't kill her to share with her sibling that smiling pictures generally garner more positive responses...

I think that maybe Derick got his eyebrows “done.” He seems to have an arch that isn’t caused by his facial expression. I think he looks kind of Satany here.

Anyway, I think Jill should be given a break for posting this. She’s obviously aware that Derick isn’t very popular among non-fundies. She’s trying to make him appear likeable, but it’s a losing battle. If he made her dinner, when 9 times out of 10 she makes dinner, she appreciates it and I’ll bet other fundy wives think it’s worthy of praise too. What could Jill show Derick doing that wouldn’t get him mercilessly mocked here?

10 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

What could Jill show Derick doing that wouldn’t get him mercilessly mocked here?

Nothing as he's beyond redemption.

Mine brought me a cup of tea in bed, helped hang out the laundry and went grocery shopping with me. (We take turns on the tea in bed thing. It was his day.) 

Y'all. I win:  my hubby TEXTED ME today. :)

I figure all the furniture/wedding gifts are now in JimBoob's warehouse.

24 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

What could Jill show Derick doing that wouldn’t get him mercilessly mocked here?

For me?  Cleaning.  Honestly, if Jill posted a shot of Derick scrubbing dishes or cleaning toilets at their home, I'd be far more proud of him.  Because I think we all recognize that to this group (and quite frankly, still in secular society), that is considered "Women's work" that is "beneath" men.  

But I gotta call out Jilly Muffin on this too.  She's part of the problem.  

I would have been MUCH more amenable to her post if she didn't try to make it seem like Derick was basically Prince Charming for his gesture.  It IS cute that Derick did something for Jill.  It's nice, but it's really nothing to brag about.  The instant she made that big deal caption about how I needed to find a man that loved Jesus and treated me like Derick treats her, my reaction was "Girl, the Sikh man I am seeing now follows Jesus' teachings closer and does far more for me EVERY DAY than that.  Come on."  

My reaction would have been different if it was just "Love it when he surprises me with a special dinner".  And that's really where Jessa is ahead of Jill: Jessa RECOGNIZES the normal and promotes it.  She tries to RELATE to her readers with her posts, whereas Jill is frequently trying to be PERFECT or BETTER than others with her captions.  

But if Jill posted something that was Derick cleaning with a caption that was like "I used to want flowers as a gift.  Now, I just want someone to do chores <emoji>", I'd be pretty supportive of that.  

57 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I'd think a smidge higher of him if I saw him studying for an accredited post graduate degree, or working a job that doesn't mean pretending you have a job for cameras. Dad and child pictured doing something super fun or educational are generally approved by all.

Part of Jills problem is she's way too effusive over minor, mundane things. Tone. It. Down. Girl. Personally I'm sick of the long, gaggy soliquoys on instagram, Facebook updates, and even recipe blogs. (Just write the ingredient and instructions! I don't need to know how It reminds you of your granny/your picky child approves/perfect for a  blustery winter day...) when she prattles on and on it makes many people roll their eyes and dismiss her aim all together.

I agree that it was off-putting of Jill to address this to the poor single ladies who haven’t been blessed like she has. She should be a bit more humble about winning the husband lottery.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Mine brought me a cup of tea in bed, helped hang out the laundry and went grocery shopping with me. (We take turns on the tea in bed thing. It was his day.) 

my bold

Now I'm super jealous! :crying-green: (My husband leaves for work 15 minutes before I get up, or I might try to get him to take turns like y'all.)

59 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I might try to get him to take turns

The best we do is taking turns getting up first... lol

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oooo good idea! I'll praise mine for flushing the toilet when he was done taking a leak! #hesthegreatest #imsuchaluckygirl #barf :laughing-rollingred:

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

This is a step up from when she posted her bible on her bed, candlelight, and lifesavers, right? #Fundiekink

imagine derick lying on the bed in a loin cloth holding the bible

your welcome 

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I think that maybe Derick got his eyebrows “done.” He seems to have an arch that isn’t caused by his facial expression. I think he looks kind of Satany here.

?

now that is something I want to see - Jill waxing Derick's eyebrows - what emotional tv 

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I agree that it was off-putting of Jill to address this to the poor single ladies who haven’t been blessed like she has. She should be a bit more humble about winning the husband lottery.

I feel blessed because my painter actually showed up and listened to me :D

15 minutes ago, nst said:

your welcome 

Why do you hate us? Why do you want to give us nighthmares? Why do you want to make us barf?

20 minutes ago, nst said:

your welcome 

Pass the brain bleach...

5 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Why do you hate us? Why do you want to give us nighthmares? Why do you want to make us barf?

because I am watching Home and needed a ROFL moment 

:D

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

1) getting a job in his field- accounting

2) Making a statement that for the health of their kids and marriage, they will no longer be participating on any TV shows-

As for what could Jill show Derick doing that would be okay....Jill could show Derick tweeting an apology to Jazz and everyone else that he has attacked or offended, then deleting his twitter. She could also show him getting a job that didn't require begging for donations. Going out to eat without using a grifted gift card comes to mind, too. Just a few ideas. 

My father-in-law always had to leave for work before my mother-in-law needed to get up and fix breakfast for the kids.  I suppose he still does this now that he's retired, but before he retired he always brought my mother-in-law a nice hot cup of tea to drink before she got up.

My husband went to work, and worked late. I didn't have to make dinner! But that's a normal Tuesday.. so is he thoughtful, or is this routine? I'm so confused....:my_biggrin:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived