IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

I'm with @OldFadedStar, I took the "get out of the car" comment to mean that ISRAEL wanted to get out of the car, not that he was ordering his father to get out. Doesn't make the rest of that paragraph much better though.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

confused on this one. I'm not sure if I should chalk it up as Derick just not being very good with words or communicating ideas, or if he legitimately disagrees with almost everything his son does. Is he trying to say "Little kids are silly! They suggest crazy things like wanting to get in the pool in winter time/wanting silly food combinations for dinner! That means I have to tell my child no a lot, but I still love him!"?  Without the context of the rest of his post maybe I'd say yes. But this paragraph here doesn't even make it clear that his son is a toddler. Is he actually trying to say that disagreeing with a fully grown woman, his wife, is the same as disagreeing with a small child? You would have to be a dunderheaded fool to try and make a point about "free speech" by saying it's okay for you to disagree with your toddler and you still love him. Like, no shit Derrick, kids aren't totally logical and say silly things, of course you're going to tell them 'no' for safety, convenience, etc. That doesn't really relate to free speech. 

I'm going with the former, even though I don't disagree that there are likely jealousy of Izzy and Samuel for JillyMuffin's affection as well as how kids totally change a couple's lifestyle. I think Derick is a dolt who doesn't write or communicate well, and this particular paragraph is more an example of that versus his mental issues. 

I think Derick was more unhinged that many of us realized when he and Jill first got together (immature,selfish, dumb, bigoted, tendency towards control, etc.), but I think fame has been very very damaging for Derick. I don't think he's strong enough to handle any type of criticism. It's been too much too soon for Derick, and maybe he wouldn't be as resentful of his children if he and Jill had had a chance to be just a married couple for awhile before kids entered the picture. The man clearly has no consideration for what's best of his wife and child - Derick wants to play missionary? Well, the entire family needs to play along even if it's not good for them. 

Derick doesn't seem particularly introspective so criticisms against him just make him cling to even more destructive tendencies like control and bigotry. Twitter trolling isn't going to make Derick go, "Hmm, I never thought about it like that before."  It'll just threaten his ego so much he becomes even more tunnel-visioned. I think the only hope this dude has is if he and Jill duck out of the limelight and get some therapy - but that will never happen. 

42 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I'm with @OldFadedStar, I took the "get out of the car" comment to mean that ISRAEL wanted to get out of the car, not that he was ordering his father to get out. Doesn't make the rest of that paragraph much better though.

Oh. That makes much more sense. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm disturbed by his statement that he disagrees with about 95% of what his son does.  The child is two.  Something (IMO) seems very off there.

Where did he say this?  On Instagram or Twitter? 95%? His son is two years old for fucks sake. Unless he means Samuel which is just as evil.  He makes it clear (to me any way) that little Izzy and Sm will never be able to get his approval at anything and grow up knowing they will never be good enough to earn their dad's love. 

When my kid was two did she sometimes drive me up the wall with her tantrums? Sure of course she did.  Does she know how to press my buttons now that she is 14? Oh hell yea.  All that in the end doesn't matter. I love her and respect her. She is a kind and loyal friend. She reaches out to a new kid in school to help them feel welcome. She is thoughtful and points out to me that sometimes I am too critical of others (and she is right). I apologize to her if I've reprimanded her and it turns out she was right  in the first place and I was wrong. It teaches her that adults are not perfect, and when you notice a mistake it is good to own up to it and make amends.

Derick, you are a total shit face. Did your dad treat you the same way? Well it looks like you are passing down the tradition.

Okay forget what I just said about not being disappointed with my kid.  I was thinking we could go out to dinner as a family tonight.  Aaand all my hopes and dreams have been dashed.  She just walked in the door from school and announced she was off to the local high school's foot ball game. Sigh she kicks her parents to the curb like some kind of empty paper cup. Choosing her friends over her fuddy duddy old mom.  Actually I'm okay with it. I like her group of friends and it is good she has a life outside of just home.

Does anybody have the screen shot or link where Derdork talked smack about his own little boy?

6 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Does anybody have the screen shot or link where Derdork talked smack about his own little boy?

llg1234’s post on page 10.

Jill definitely got the worst husband, her sisters' have husband's who seem to fit their personalities well. Jessa and Ben are lot more laid back with their kids and are happy to let them be kids, while Ben is more thoughtful in his preaching and speaks about racism and how he didn't vote Trump. Joy married someone whose family owns a camp, and he flips houses, I can see her enjoying helping out with both. Jinger finally is living in a city, she is wearing pants and exploring books. Not saying the other husband's don't have horrible beliefs but they are not stirring up trouble on social media ever other day and being selfish assholes moving their families around to be missionaries every five minutes when it clearly isn't making them happy. Jill hasn't had it easy in the past two years and while she may not be the most likable person, I do feel somewhat sorry for her. 

If he's so secure with his ideology and religious view, why does he feel the need to consistently defend it to everyone? It seems like he's always trying to convince himself that he's right.

This thread brought to mind a plaque I got my daughter at ILCA aeveral years ago.  The plaque says:

"Remember:  You are not dealing with an Inconvenience.

You are raising a Human Being"

Thankfully, my daughter and her husband never treat their girls as inconveniences.  DWreck, I think might just do that!

8 hours ago, Jelly Roll said:

If he's so secure with his ideology and religious view, why does he feel the need to consistently defend it to everyone? It seems like he's always trying to convince himself that he's right.

I think he's trying to succeed at *something*, even if it's just selling his own BS.  Unfortunately (IMO), he displays no genuine caring for others, seems to have lost any sense of humor he once had, and it comes across pretty clearly in his posts.

Are there any mascot or cartoon character jobs available in NW Arkansas?  Preferably non-speaking.

Every time I read one of his tweets I wonder what happens to this boy in his head, if you have a show you must seem the most accessible and friendly person in the world but he just doesn't care.

I think he loves being a troll and that people answer him even if it's for bad. :darthvader:

either Derick is trying to have a sense of humor or he has some terrible disease in the head that makes him actually write down what he said about Izzy.   He must be such an extreme fundamentalist or sick person to even think that a 2 year old is telling him these things.  Derick is either very angry that his father died and he can't deal with it or he is having a nervous breakdown through his son.  

I'm just so weirded out by the idea of "disagreeing" with a two-year-old. The kid is TWO. Why are you trying to reason with him like he's an adult? In general, even if Derick doesn't hate/abuse his kid (god forbid), I think that he completely lacks understanding of child development, or the basic fact that a two-year-old is neurologically incapable of thinking and acting like a full-grown adult. But Derick projects adult cognition and likely, his own insecurities/lines of logic onto him - if he's saying "I love you", it's because he wants something (what the hell does that say about Derick?). If he says or suggests silly things, it's an argument to disprove/shut down, not a two-year-old being a fucking two-year-old.

Poor Izzy. I hope as he gets older he's able to cope with having Derick as a parent. For their sake, I hope Izzy and Samuel don't "rebel" before they're old enough to leave home. 

The "disagreeing" thing was not disturbing to me, but HELL NAW to the overall message that he ~loves people while not taking them seriously because, after all, they just don't know what's best for them. Like babies. And gay people. Way to be a patronizing scrote.

Dear Derick,

It's pretty simple, if you think about it for a moment. Here's some Salvador Dali for you. Think! Try it. It might hurt a bit, but it's worth it. And in case you don't speak French, the caption means "this is not a pipe".

Spoiler

image.png.75c64c1ad6f34f89ae4a68a9944fc237.png

14 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

@samurai_sarah Just a quick thingy, that picture is not Dali's. Is by René Magritte

It's all a LIE!!! That apple is an apple and we're all doomed. DOOMED! :)

Sorry for getting it wrong and thank you for pointing it out.

On 10/28/2017 at 3:59 AM, Dandruff said:

I think he's trying to succeed at *something*, even if it's just selling his own BS.  Unfortunately (IMO), he displays no genuine caring for others, seems to have lost any sense of humor he once had, and it comes across pretty clearly in his posts.

Are there any mascot or cartoon character jobs available in NW Arkansas?  Preferably non-speaking.

I have said before that DWreck is a zealot. This to me colors what he says and does. He could be earning a good wage to support his wife an two children. She will never work outside the home. He is a zealot. JBoob must be giving them money

3 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Derick just can’t let Jazz go:

Hide contents

54391DCA-E58A-4FF9-B210-0D5FEC7410F6.thumb.png.5ebd1bae5a89eb3c805ad1ad1c703871.png

Best responses: 

Hide contents

52C1A00E-0266-4C80-8C3B-90000AB29C00.thumb.png.9836aac8d10e667f866c192236efc1bb.png

Hide contents

2E14A5F8-4BBF-464B-A4EA-5C46E673423B.thumb.png.9acac16a245a5bb0120dd79cd1260a0e.png

I laughed at the responses.... but that first one pains me a bit too. I can’t imagine it’s fun for the victims to see people constantly bringing up their assaults in this way. I can’t really blame the people doing it since Derick is such a spectacular asshole, but still.

I've pointed it out before-- I really believe Derick has a martyr complex. He WANTS to be persecuted for his "faith"

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I've pointed it out before-- I really believe Derick has a martyr complex. He WANTS to be persecuted for his "faith"

That's so true. The best way to get Derick to stop spreading hate would be for everyone to stop reacting to his tweets. He probably finds joy in eliciting a response from heathens. No response would mean he is no longer getting anything out of tweeting. Of course, he'd still have these horrible beliefs, but he would at least stop subjecting the internet to them.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:51 PM, onekidanddone said:

Where did he say this?  On Instagram or Twitter? 95%?

disagree.thumb.jpg.1b8ac9af3758d4fa041922c56902b25e.jpg

I think the issue here is poor word choice.  You dont "disagree" with a 2 year old when they say something like "get out of the car" while its driving.  Thats a 2 year old version of "are we there yet."  You tell them, nicely, that we arent where we're going and you have to stay in your seat.  Izzy wasnt having a political discussion.

Derick is still a dolt.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived