IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

31 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't do friend candy bars or snake cakes or cookies. Now funnel cakes, yes please. I do love a lot of friend foods, but I'm not big on fried sweets.

Have to say I'm slight concerned about your snacking habits, lol. I'm sure you meant snack cakes but it was just too funny to resist commenting.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

For health reasons, the hubs and I eat clean. Most of the Duggars are eating their way to heart disease and Type 11 Diabetes.

I read that as Type eleven diabetes :D 

2 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Jill and Johannah baking. They looks super excited.

The "S" on the Sugar pot looks like a "J" and all I can think of is our nicknames here.

J'chelle

J'Caleb

J'Sugar :pb_lol: 

LOOOOOOOOOL i couldn't help hit, I got a screenshot of Jill's face....PRICELESS!

Someone with body language/facial expression/micro expressions expertise analyze THAT plz!

I think that would be a perfect avatar. Also, it sucks but I see smidgen of Josh in her face here,  I think I just recognize the same masked smile Josh always had, when he was (trying) to play happy families with Anna......*sigh* :my_sad:

FJ.PNG

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My easy-peasy corndog go-to:

Box-o-Jiffy Mix corn bread. Mix it up, pour it into your muffin pan, put a piece of hotdog in the muffin batter. Bake. Voila.

*disclaimer:  I only do this about every 4-5 years...

Okay, I couldn't help myself and immediately got up and made these:

1509563298323344352649.jpg

Edit: my husband is very excited to eat these :pb_lol:

28 minutes ago, nst said:

I read that as Type eleven diabetes :D

The Duggars may well be on their way to inventing it. Give or take an assist from Derick.

Since sideshows are no longer a thing, I wonder if fair food is sort of America's way of compensating. "We don't have bearded ladies anymore, but who wants to step up and try a bite of this freaky shit we made up on a drunk dare?"

Wow, Johannah looks so over it all there.  I know that Jana and Jill started sister-mom-ing younger than her, but it's shitty that this pre-teen is now responsible for the family cooking, and housekeeping for all her older brothers.

I think Type Eleven diabetes is when your diabetes gives you psychokinetic abilities.

How do you eat deep fried butter? Is it hot, cold or warm?  Definitely not going to take one for the team to find out.

There's another Duggar recipe I have no desire to try - it looks like they're filling the pan with sliced apples, adding cinnamon & butter, then topping it with a can of Canada Dry & canned biscuits. Blergh.

Johannah has the most resemblance to Joy to me. Or a Joy/Josiah mashup. 

Also I don't see the point of commenting on how happy they look-- I love to cook but I'm sure I don't chop things with happy, enthusiastic facial expressions, a la Giada de Laurentiis. Baking for 25 people would be even weirder to watch if they had constant grins. 

On 10/31/2017 at 3:16 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

Can I pretty please with a cherry on top be very, very petty and BEC for just a quick second? :cupcake:

You don't have to hashtag something that you just said WORD FOR WORD! Or if you DO want to hashtag it, you don't have to say it in non-hashtag form #youdonthavetohashtagsomethingthatyoujustsaidwordforword #orifyoudowanttohashtagityoudonthavetosayitinnonhashtagform 

Can’t stop. #cantstop Won’t stop. #wontstop Such a rebel. #sucharebel Jesus loves the mall. #jesuslovesthemall

I don’t actually do this. I just like being difficult sometimes. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Also I don't see the point of commenting on how happy they look-- I love to cook but I'm sure I don't chop things with happy, enthusiastic facial expressions, a la Giada de Laurentiis. Baking for 25 people would be even weirder to watch if they had constant grins. 

For sure - but this is something Michelle has chosen to film and post on FB - why on earth post a picture of your daughter cooking, when she looks like she'd rather be doing anything but that?

8 minutes ago, Lurky said:

For sure - but this is something Michelle has chosen to film and post on FB - why on earth post a picture of your daughter cooking, when she looks like she'd rather be doing anything but that?

Yeah, i get the vibe that they felt weird about being filmed by mom for this.  They had some "seriously mom now?!" looks on their faces.

Ok, I'm going to give my input from my brother who has had deep fried butter at the Iowa State Fair. With the butter wrapped in batter, deep fried and then drizzled with frosting, it tastes like a warm, gooey cinnamon roll because the butter itself just melts inside the batter.

You can check it out here.

https://www.eater.com/2011/8/10/6663841/a-deep-fried-stick-of-butter-on-a-stick-at-the-iowa-state-fair

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Probably because  has no idea what her daughters look like when they are actually happy? 

This reminds me of when I read The Glass Castle  (thanks Naugler threads!) And Jeannette talked about spinkling sugar on butter and eating it because there was no other food.

I was thinking of how subdued Jill has been thinking and she reminds me of Percy Weasley from Harry Potter. She started off sort of as the "perfect" child right down to the "Humungous Bighead" badge and  going off to teach those Central Americans about proper cauldron bottom thickness just to have it all crumble around her.

3 hours ago, snickerz said:

There's another Duggar recipe I have no desire to try - it looks like they're filling the pan with sliced apples, adding cinnamon & butter, then topping it with a can of Canada Dry & canned biscuits. Blergh.

My son learned to do that on a Boy Scout camping trip except it gets dumped into a cast iron skillet , covered with a lid, laid on hot coals, and covered with more coals on the lid.  So basically, all of their emphasis on homemaking skills has elevated them to the Boy Scout handbook.

Did Michelle actually call Jill "Muffy" at the beginning of that clip?

Jill's expression is about what mine would be if someone was trying to film and converse while I was handling a knife.

So what exactly is a corn dog? The picture looks like what we'd call a pogo up here but pogos are pretty nasty and from what I can see, corn dogs seem popular in the States. I've never had a deep fried twinkie, though I did try an ordinary twinkie once. It was all kinds of disgusting; basically didn't even taste like actual food and I couldn't understand why they were so popular. The rest of the fried foods I've been reading about on the past few pages just seem downright scary to me and like nothing I'd ever even be tempted to try. But then, I don't even like butter on my popcorn so maybe it's me who is strange.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived