IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muffy and Hansel???

And also - all that incessant background noise would make me crazy. Constant chatter.. .ugh

38 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

I thought of that, but wouldn't you have to be extremely careful to keep any ice away from the butter? Would that be possible under fair conditions?  Would it work because a stick of butter is relatively small? Maybe I've watched too many fiery fried turkey videos: http://www.oregonlive.com/cooking/2014/11/12_all-time_deep-fried_turkey.html but frying anything frozen just sounds frightening to me now. 

Maybe the layer of batter would protect it from ending in a fiery catastrophe? Any water on/ in the butter would stay encased while it was frying - most likely though they don't bother to freeze it and it's a giant, melted, fatty mess to eat. When you're willing you eat something covered in "lard drizzle" though, I guess you might be okay with that lol 

Chocolate covered bacon is really yummy if done right. Wegmans had  a chocolate bacon  candy bar that was super delicious. I think it was sold elsewhere too, but that's where I always found it. If we are talking unhealthy fired food I freaking love pizza logs! I could live off them, although I could live off pizza in general. Oh the deliciousness of pizza...

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My easy-peasy corndog go-to:

Box-o-Jiffy Mix corn bread. Mix it up, pour it into your muffin pan, put a piece of hotdog in the muffin batter. Bake. Voila.

*disclaimer:  I only do this about every 4-5 years...

That sounds like a cheats " toad in the hole "receipe.  Yup that would work.

Just now, Gobsmacked said:

toad in the hole

Sort of... but the Jiffy mix is sweet (almost like a scone) with the texture of cornbread.

I'm Southern, so "real" cornbread is savory, never sweet.

4 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Chocolate covered bacon is really yummy if done right. Wegmans had  a chocolate bacon  candy bar that was super delicious. I think it was sold elsewhere too, but that's where I always found it. If we are talking unhealthy fired food I freaking love pizza logs! I could live off them, although I could live off pizza in general. Oh the deliciousness of pizza...

Please, tell me, what is this pizza log of which you speak? Enquiring minds need to know. You know, for a friend. 

A pizza log is the closest thing to heaven on this planet. It's got the crispy outside of an egg roll with mozzerella cheese and pepperoni on the inside. You deep fry it and eat it piping hot. To avoid burning your tongue you dip it in marinara sauce.

Just now, Firebird said:

A pizza log is the closest thing to heaven on this planet. It's got the crispy outside of an egg roll with mozzerella cheese and pepperoni on the inside. You deep fry it and eat it piping hot. To avoid burning your tongue you dip it in marinara sauce.

Ah - an oversized pizza roll! :)

Now I want pizza and mozzerella sticks and poutine. All the bad things but oh so delicious! Drool. 

All that hair hanging over the food - blech.  I despise finding hair in my food - that and stray eggshells! :tw_confounded:

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Now I want pizza and mozzerella sticks and poutine. All the bad things but oh so delicious! Drool. 

And fried pickles and an Argentinean empanada!

Mmm... I love cornbread. I have to admit, I do like it a little sweet, though. 

1 minute ago, Bajovane said:

All that hair hanging over the food - blech.  I despise finding hair in my food - that and stray eggshells! :tw_confounded:

Yes, this always gets me! Not just because of the possibility of getting hair in the food, either. I have long hair and I always tie it back when I'm preparing food - it'd drive me crazy otherwise!

At least the hair is braided, but still... Absolutely keep your braid in front, Muffy - we ALL need to see your hair. Yes. Yes, we do. Because we might forget the godliness of having long hair.

but much much yummier...especially if you get it at a really good pizza restaurant and not from the Walmart freezer aisle. Stupid bed rest....now I want pizza logs....*sigh* I grew up in a college town with like thirteen different pizza restaurants within about a mile radius of my house. I skipped the beer and partying and just went for the pizza addiction. Now I live in the country and the good pizza places are very expensive and about 30 minutes away, or I can go to the local (10 minute drive) gas station/ deli. I once told my husband I loved him more than pizza. 

Oh thank Jeebus. Saw this was hot and jumped to the obvious conclusion. Thank goodness it's just a discussion about bacon. :pb_lol:

9 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

Man, if that's Derick's idea of a late-night snack, he'll be jockeying for position against Josh and David Rodrigues in the Unfortunate Fundie Physique race before long.

I swear those look like grill marks on that Twinkie. There's a sentence I never thought I'd type. But yes, just as Snickers34 said, deep-fried Twinkies are very much a thing at county/state fairs here. So is fried butter. 'MURICA!

deepfriedbutter.jpg

And for anyone who cares to look, here's an example of fried butter. The posted description is "Breaded, deep-fried, chocolate-covered butter stick with sweet lard drizzle." :pb_eek:

Reveal hidden contents

Breaded-Deep-Fried-Chocolate-Covered-But

What's so weird is that a coworker and I had a running joke one summer about deep fried butter sticks (this was 14 years ago) and it was a joke, but now it is a thing, wtf.

For health reasons, the hubs and I eat clean. Most of the Duggars are eating their way to heart disease and Type 11 Diabetes.

I'm originally from Minnesota, and the deep fried food on a stick at our state fair is a Thing. I normally eat pretty healthy, but I miss the annual pig-out at the fair. My favorite is the deep fried milky way, and these battered potatoes covered in ranch dressing and nacho cheese that are fried but not on a stick. Mmmm. I don't think we have deep fried butter. You'd have to go to Iowa for that.

I may miss it, but my stomach is glad to be far away. I can only survive by going with multiple people to help me eat everything, and I feel disgusting for at least 24 hours afterwards. Worth it, though.

24 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I just started WW this week.  Now I'm wondering how many points a deep fried pickle would be?

If you really want to know,  I know my mother, the lifelong weight watchers member, could figure it out for you. However many it is, I guarantee it would be worth it. 

I love funnel cake. I enjoy treating myself to it once or twice a year if I’m at a fair. I can’t imagine eating deep fried foods like Derick did, together, and right before bed. Talk about acid reflux! I’d be up all night. 

On another note, Johanna has turned into a really pretty young lady. 

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

Jill and Johannah baking. They looks super excited.

Wow Jill, so this is what it has come to.....

They both look miserable, and if my mother, at 26 years old (my age now), called me a pet name such as "Jilly Muffin", on a video she was going to post on Facebook for millions of people to see, i would be severely pissed off.
I bet Jessa doesn't allow Moochelle to call her stupid pet names anymore.......NOPE.

Jill is going to remain a perpetual needy and sad child, in a woman's body. Continue to pump out kids, provide the necessary care, and rely on TTH for everything else.

Wonder what Jana thinks, Jill all smug and full of life leaving a few years ago, and now she's back.....very much changed........ I know I always say this, but man looking at that girl just makes me so sad.

She is a shadow of her former self. We all grow up, yes, but you compare her to Jessa, Jinger, even any of the Bates married daughters, and the contrast is jarring.
If she were allowed to live in the normal world, she would able to get real help. Sadly, that will never be allowed.
I'm sure JB is happy to have his little JillyMuffin home.....makes my stomach turn.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Muffy and Hansel???

And also - all that incessant background noise would make me crazy. Constant chatter.. .ugh

WTF with Hansel?  Not sure if the ringing was just the camera, an appliance or what but it made my ear bleed.  I cannot stand that kind of noise, just too many different types of noise, I have profound hearing loss in 1 ear so to many different noises overwhelm me and I can't make sense of any of the sounds.

As for friend foods, give me all the fried pickles. I love a good corndog, I do NOT eat cheese curds (GAG)  fried butter, tried it, it was gross. At the Iowa State fair several years ago on a dare several of us got it to share, it was basically fried dough that was dripping in butter. No thank you.  I don't do friend candy bars or snake cakes or cookies. Now funnel cakes, yes please. I do love a lot of friend foods, but I'm not big on fried sweets.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived