IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Anyone want to share a pic of Jill's supposedly questionable wardrobe? I can never see pictures properly on their website (same for the Seewalds).

OMG you can see her knees :D

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Thanks @BundleofJoy! I don't think she looks awful but yeah she's definitely not on Jinger's level, style wise. Izzy and Sam are adorable!

to be fair - jinger has not had two pregnancies and two c sections.  Omg I am defending Jill 

Jinger knows how to take a picture - Jill is learning endlessly 

I really don't like the nailpolish 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK - I'm gonna go BEC here.

If you're going to have a close-up of your hands, at least FIX OR REMOVE YOUR NAIL POLISH.

No, this is not a nail polish diversion tactic... lol

I am all for nail polish - I don't wear any.

But I love the pink kind with a hint of clear so it's not obvious so but so dainty - Jennifer aniston wears one I love 

Jill's I could never like or understand 

I have even had discussions with the lady at where I get massages about her nail color 

1 hour ago, nst said:

to be fair - jinger has not had two pregnancies and two c sections.  Omg I am defending Jill 

Hey now, I know plenty of moms, including moms of multiples, who have a sense of style and know how to dress!

I mean, I'm not one of them. But I know they exist!

Rest of the photos:

FA279187-9340-41DD-B493-A804918742D4.jpeg.30d9d4967e5bdfe9c2f28c60b8dc95b5.jpeg

Spoiler

852DE409-AC61-44C2-A083-9ABEAC537B1A.jpeg.0aa15fa35f66599733ee06eb6359b75e.jpeg

Spoiler

D40E0450-23AE-4F5E-AE6F-6A8D57D5A339.jpeg.dfbcf744bb90b3e23c3c0f3752467cc3.jpeg

Spoiler

653AAC67-35D6-4C74-878B-8C3593E92098.jpeg.4c8e30fd4150f04fa8748df43293bc99.jpeg

Spoiler

DF77D7D1-3B4A-424B-8A48-68B283B7BE44.jpeg.bfe615c160f135eb631116f0fffc46c5.jpeg

Spoiler

72B9C81B-3B2F-4702-AEC6-E25BDFC06CDA.jpeg.e06d9705466de0ef1e62c1b6268a9247.jpeg

Sorry the quality isn’t great. I had to crop the screenshots and that messed it up. The originals are much clearer. 

Its not an outfit I would have picked, but if she felt comfortable and beautiful then that’s all that matters. I do like the colors she’s wearing and they do make really adorable kids though - that first picture of Izzy is killing me and Samuel is cute as a button. Unfortunately, nicer clothes won’t fix her shit beliefs and it’s too bad their sons will likely be raised to have the same ugly beliefs as their parents. 

13 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Hey now, I know plenty of moms, including moms of multiples, who have a sense of style and know how to dress!

I mean, I'm not one of them. But I know they exist!

Many new moms have really lovely style, but a lot of other new moms struggle with figuring out what styles help them feel their best. Your body goes through so many changes during and after pregnancy and it can be  a tough adjustment to try and make. Women who haven’t gone through pregnancy and birth can have trouble with this as well of course. It’s completely possible that Jinger developed her current style after some trial and error during the early months of her marriage. I feel like pregnancy and postpartum body changes can be especially tough for a lot of women to try and navigate, especially those of us who weren’t overly into fashion to start with. 

(I’m a jeans/stretchy black pants and t-shirt kind of new mom. I’m really lucky that I fit into pretty much all my old clothes now, so it was only a few months of trying to figure out the whole dressing myself thing. I really didn’t want to buy a bunch of new clothes - because I’m cheap and lazy. :pb_lol:)

Throwing back to the deep fried, I love me a good deep fried pickle spear or chips with some ranch ... odd thing is, I don't particularly like pickles!   I'm not a deep fried person too much, sometimes fish & chips and fried chicken, but, OMG I had a deep fried oreo this spring and I swear it was one of the best things I ever ate!

To their pictures, they are nice and yes BEC, her outfit is not my favorite, however, it certainly beats the skirt to the floor look and is one of her more modern looks.  I personally like the colour but, LOL we have a new mustard/gold sweater,  though this one has cables :) 

I love how in the one of them kissing on the blanket, the two boys both look like they're thinking "can you believe this shit?!"

I want to be gracious and kind like others have been and say things like as long as that outfit made her feel happy/beautiful/confident 

But I really don't think it flatters her at all. It might just be the photos I've seen but she just looks so boxy, and I know she's had 2 pregnancies/difficult births/c sections but in other photos she's still fairly tiny. In these she almost looks out of proportion because of the shape/weight/bulk of the outfit. 

I'm also going to be a bit BEC but the photo on the bench just looked so staged and unnatural. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll have nicer things to say, I just finished day 4/9 of my in laws visiting and I'm getting a bit grumpish. 

I actually don’t mind her clothes that much. She probably wanted to go with fall colors, wanted to hide her belly and is wearing actual shoes that sorta go with her chosen colors. And I like the picture of Izzy and Derick. The others, they’re ok. Maybe someone more known to the kids would’ve been able to make Izzy smile but you know, kids. They usually don’t cooperate a-la-Bates style. 

Ugh I don't have Twitter but somebody ask Dwreck how many unwanted children he's adopted as a response PLEASE?!!

Or now that President Cheeto wants to cut billions from Medicaid, CHIP, and SNAP, how those children are going to be fed and have adequate medical care?

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Derelict stirring up shit yet again. 

I notice that Ronald Reagan let thousands of people die in agony of AIDS, even refusing to help his friend, Rock Hudson, when he was dying of it. O

8 hours ago, ColeJo said:

Diastasis recti is a b***h.

That may not be her case, though. She's had two abdominal surgeries, and the "pooch" could be from that. 

Not all women's bodies have the same reaction/recovery from childbirth. Probably why Mechelle always wears loose-fitting tops.

Yes Derick, all the people who have already been born have opinions on abortion. If you take a bundle of cells out of a mother, much like taking out an appendix, it won't have much to say. Because it's not going to be alive outside of the mother. 

Standing from your place of privilege, asking for tens of thousands of dollars like it's no big deal, you have no idea what a woman goes through when she has to make that decision. You know less than nothing, so shut up. 

10 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Throwing back to the deep fried, I love me a good deep fried pickle spear or chips with some ranch ... odd thing is, I don't particularly like pickles!   I'm not a deep fried person too much, sometimes fish & chips and fried chicken, but, OMG I had a deep fried oreo this spring and I swear it was one of the best things I ever ate!

To their pictures, they are nice and yes BEC, her outfit is not my favorite, however, it certainly beats the skirt to the floor look and is one of her more modern looks.  I personally like the colour but, LOL we have a new mustard/gold sweater,  though this one has cables :) 

I like the shorter skirts too!

Normally these babies all remind me of one of the Duggar family members but Samuel truly has some unique features from his family. At least right now. I cannot figure out who he looks like. It’ll be interesting to see what their future babies look like!

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Derelict stirring up shit yet again. 

I've noticed that everyone who is against abortion has already been born.  Profound, I know.

Yeah, well I notice all the people in favor or tonsillectomies are the people who have already had or could potentially need their tonsils removed. The tonsils are NEVER consulted. Why aren't we talking about that?

20 hours ago, Georgiana said:

While I see your point, I think she DID know that (or should have known that).  They were ALL about how they were going to be missionaries, which generally means living in less than luxury in a foreign country without a standard job.  Scary America was pretty much EXACTLY what Jill professed to having a heart for in her courtship with Derick.  

I mean, she didn't really understand what she was saying, but I gotta say that's on Jill.  You're going to profess to being "super into" something without doing your research, there's no one to blame but yourself when it comes back to bite you.  

I'm honestly not trying to assign blame because it's just a shitty situation all around.  But Derick didn't spring this lifestyle on Jill.  He was COMPLETELY up front that THIS is what he wanted to do with his life and that he was looking for a partner who could do that with him.  Jill isn't that person.  And it really sucks for everyone involved.  

I think Jill deserves a break about the missionary stuff. I believe that she does “have a heart” for it, but the reality was that they were in a much more dangerous setting than they anticipated. You call it “Scary America” which I suppose is a sarcastic way to say that the Dilllards were exaggerating the level of danger they were in. I think if Jill didn’t fear for the safety of her family, she would have been fine. I don’t think the sparse conditions bothered her or the lack of the amenities of home. Their friend was murdered while they were there. The gangs in Central America probably don’t like missionaries who come to their country and tell its citizens that crime and violence are wrong. If Jill felt she could have contributed to their cause instead of being locked away at home, she probably would have been happier. If there are missionary situations in the world where you don’t feel constantly threatened, I think Jill would adapt well. I don’t have any idea if those situations actually exist though. I wonder if their type of missioning is so exclusively preaching, without enough extras like schools, healthcare, and childcare, that they don’t build up enough goodwill to be valued by the communities they are attempting to serve. Also, can’t blame Jill for Derick not being fluent in Spanish.

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

Yeah, well I notice all the people in favor or tonsillectomies are the people who have already had or could potentially need their tonsils removed. The tonsils are NEVER consulted. Why aren't we talking about that?

Don't even get me started on appendectomies! Appendixes are just as-- if not more-- important as the body they inhabit! 

Seriously, how big is Izzy? He is only two, how can a baby be that tall? I think my 6 year old cousin is barely taller than him. He is going to be even taller that Derick

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived