IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

I'm hesitant to wade in, but it looks like this discussion is happening again regardless. 

Being public figures does not in any way shape or form mean that the victims were any less victimized by being outed than an anonymous person would have been. 

Your job, family name, level of public visibility does *Not* mean you are less entitled to fair treatment. 

It is illegal to release names of victims in certain circumstances this being one of them and the reactions did not do enough to guarantee the anonymity of the minors involved. It doesn't matter that they are public figures, it doesn't matter that they didn't pursue legal action against Josh, it doesn't matter that they didn't immediately report the abuse. Their names should not have been released (or the records released in a way that made the names identifiable.) This isn't about what your ideal victim is and if they live up to that it matters that they didn't consent to the release of identifying information. 

As for Jessa and Jill choosing to go on fox news. Also doesn't matter. They didn't choose to have the reports released with identifying information. They made a choice how to react once the damage had been done. And why they did that again doesn't matter. 

We don't get to pick and choose what makes a victim deserving of respect. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking through the Thanksgiving pictures that were posted and noticed a pretty clear schedule in the background for all the school-age kids. It looks like the kids from Jackson on down do school with "Mrs. Hannah" (if I'm reading that right?). Do we know of who that could be? 

I also find it funny that they have a category for age and nickname, and that James's nickname is... James. So creative, lol.

Spoiler

IMG_9062.thumb.PNG.89462cbf2912914eb4a1495de7ce6021.PNG

Michelle gets up at 6:00 am for "Bible"?  I didn't think they every got up that early.  That is pretty interesting.

Also, how come the first two kids "wake" and the others "rise"?  I know that wounds petty, but I'm a little Type A, and it is just kind of bugging me. 

I love how JoKen are holding hands awkwardly. Can't forget they're married!

I can barely read that schedule. But Wer Wer for Jenni's nickname? What?

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

A new Duggar family photo (I put it under a cut, bc there's a Turd sighting)

Hide contents

More pictures:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2017/11/thanksgiving-family-album

As stated in another thread, Joy/Austin aren't there. I also didn't spot Josiah, Jeremiah (?) and two of the lost boys. The gossip in me wonders if they were chaperoning the older two...

does that pic of Jill and the kiddo at that link look like she has her nose pierced or is there something on my screen/glasses?

EDIT: answered my own question: 465EA9DB3A3BF771E965A8489C961A59.img-143

In the family picture, it's nice to see Jenni and Israel both smiling. It seems like neither of them smiles for pictures very often. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171125-232008.thumb.jpg.5da95e9d9f4f280e13333d4ffa53f425.jpg

And the "Does Jill have a nose ring?" discussion is going on in the Dillards thread, too. To me, it looks like a nose ring in some pictures and a blemish with concealer on it in others.

I am just getting caught up and was wondering if a someone smarter than me can answer this. 

I believe Josh had no expectation of privacy and having the reports sealed because he was never charged with a crime. Had he been charged, then as a juvenile, the records would be sealed. But, he was never charged so the "records" released were investigational reports, not an arrest report, booking info, court documents, etc. No crime, no protection. 

Am I on the right track here?

Disclaimer: This comment has absolutely nothing to do with the rights or expectations of the victims information being released with the "redactions". This is just about Josh.

16 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

And the "Does Jill have a nose ring?" discussion is going on in the Dillards thread, too. To me, it looks like a nose ring in some pictures and a blemish with concealer on it in others.

I apologize for bringing it up here. I don't often read over there in the Dillard thread and so wasn't aware of it. if you click on the picture and then click again to magnify it, it definitely looks like a piercing. Good for her. I had never considered what would happen if one of them got a tattoo or piercing, but I guess, I presumed they wouldn't because 8lb baby Jesus or something like that

@MakeItSo, there's nothing wrong with discussing the same topic in multiple threads; it doesn't hurt anything. :) I just figured people might like to know, in case something was discussed there that no one had brought up here. I'm sorry if I accidentally sounded hand-slappy.

Of all the Duggar daughters, I’d pick Jill for most likely to have a nose ring, given her hippie nature. That said, I feel the need to weigh in and cast my vote for zit. :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

I am just getting caught up and was wondering if a someone smarter than me can answer this. 

I believe Josh had no expectation of privacy and having the reports sealed because he was never charged with a crime. Had he been charged, then as a juvenile, the records would be sealed. But, he was never charged so the "records" released were investigational reports, not an arrest report, booking info, court documents, etc. No crime, no protection. 

Am I on the right track here?

Disclaimer: This comment has absolutely nothing to do with the rights or expectations of the victims information being released with the "redactions". This is just about Josh.

Basically, I see it like this Josh falls under the newsworthy doctrine. He doesn't have a constitutional right to privacy because his actions are newsworthy even though a lot of time has passed. The public has an interest in knowing about Josh. The girls do have a constitutional right to privacy because their being victims isn't newsworthy we don't really need to know they are victims. 

12 hours ago, flycat said:

Jenni's nickname is nerner?

It's Wer Wer. She's had it for a long time. No clue where it came from, but I think it's cute! Often nicknames come from older (toddler aged) siblings not being able pronounce the new baby's name, maybe that's where it came from?

7 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I forgot that Tyler exists. Are Duggars allowed to homeschool him or does he attend public school? 

He's not in the foster care system, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be allowed to homeschool Tyler. If you look at the schedule, he's right there for "school with Mrs. Hannah."

14 hours ago, JillyO said:

Guess who's the only kid on that schedule who doesn't have chores? :kitty-wink:

I'm not getting it? The chores area It looks like Jenni and Jordyn don't have morning chores. Or am I seeing the wrong line? 

37 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Is Jordyn(?) holding Mason?

Yes, that's Jordyn holding Mason. 

Is Mac wearing a skirt, or is it just leggings? 

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm not getting it? The chores area It looks like Jenni and Jordyn don't have morning chores. Or am I seeing the wrong line? 

You must be reading the wrong column. Jenni and Jordyn both have morning chores. I can't read it too well, but Jenni's says "clean front kitchen" and "laundry", and Jordyn's says "(something) kitchen" and "(something) room". Josie doesn't have any chores listed. However, I was really just making a cheap joke. It looks like Josie gets extra one-on-one school, and if she needs that, that is WAY more important than chores. So good for them.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived