IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Has anyone figured out who Hannah is?

Doesn't Tabitha Paine have a sister Hannah? Maybe she's replacing Tabitha.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Doesn't Tabitha Paine have a sister Hannah? Maybe she's replacing Tabitha.

is her sister married? no way this family would give someone the distinction of "Mrs." if she wasn't married. Miss/Ms. only. 

5 minutes ago, Casserole said:

is her sister married? no way this family would give someone the distinction of "Mrs." if she wasn't married. Miss/Ms. only. 

You have a point. That sister had a broken courtship and is single as far as we know.

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

8 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Is Jordyn(?) holding Mason?

Yes, that's Jordyn holding Mason. 

Is Mac wearing a skirt, or is it just leggings? 

I think it's just leggings.

8 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I think it's just leggings.

Anna often dresses her girls in longer tunic style tops and leggings/tights. It’s a very popular (and practical) look for little girls right now.

Not sure if this is the right place. The Mormon Women Project is doing a series on when women knew it was time to stop having children. It occurred to me that the Duggars, Bates, etc never talk about when to end the childbearing years. Do they ever have personal revelation about when they should stop? 

https://www.mormonwomen.com/end-childbearing-years/

@SHERA I really hope they have some kind of talk about this, as I can't imagine the mental and physical trauma a woman has to go through with each lost pregnancy that close to menopause...I really hope that the Duggar's "culture" does not make "women of that season", if you will, feel pressured to pop out just one more.

On 11/26/2017 at 6:24 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

In the family picture, it's nice to see Jenni and Israel both smiling. It seems like neither of them smiles for pictures very often. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20171125-232008.thumb.jpg.5da95e9d9f4f280e13333d4ffa53f425.jpg

That smile transforms Jenni's face. She looks lovely. I hadn't quite noticed how often she looks mournful at best, even when not being ripped from the arms of a sister-mom. Poor kid.

I think it's a nice group picture, but Jason (?) really should have chosen another outfit. Your eyes are immediately drawn to "PIG" (but then, Josh is also in the photo so it's not unfitting) :my_biggrin:

Spoiler

pig.PNG.9f638fa893e345caf328e3e18259770e.PNG

Jana is holding her phone in one picture ... isn't that the #1 relationship hint? :kitty-shifty:

Another mystery is why there is a sign from Michelle saying that no one can go upstairs. It doesn't look like the kind of sign you have in your home. Doesn't many of the kids live upstairs?

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Jana is holding her phone in one picture ... isn't that the #1 relationship hint? :kitty-shifty:

Another mystery is why there is a sign from Michelle saying that no one can go upstairs. It doesn't look like the kind of sign you have in your home. Doesn't many of the kids live upstairs?

@Iamtheway Jana always has her phone either in her hand or right beside her I’ve noticed. But that’s nothing new It’s been like that for a few years now. 

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

My bet is that they hadn't made the upstairs company-ready. Maybe it was messy or not safe for very young children. Maybe they didn't want the younger kids bringing other young kids up to the bedrooms and playing away from adult supervision. My upstairs is low-key unofficially off-limits when I have company just because I consider bedrooms our private space. Damn I hate defending the Duggars but I can understand this one. ETA I'm assuming this was taken over the holidays? I didn't check before posting (hangs head).

IMO, it's because of the family's history- They are protecting all the kids from the chance of untoward behaviors occurring. It's sad, but that is the reality for that particular family.

But in the photos it didn't look like there was any outside company there. Only their kids and inlaws. 

I understand wanting the bedrooms private. But the sign just looked like something you'd put up at your office party to me. 

15 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

But in the photos it didn't look like there was any outside company there. Only their kids and inlaws. 

I understand wanting the bedrooms private. But the sign just looked like something you'd put up at your office party to me. 

Well, the size of the Duggars family, counting spouses and grandchildren, is larger than many offices!

10 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Well, the size of the Duggars family, counting spouses and grandchildren, is larger than many offices!

The Duggar's have more children than work in my current office. If you add in inlaws and grandbabies there are more of them than in my last TWO offices.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:57 PM, SHERA said:

Not sure if this is the right place. The Mormon Women Project is doing a series on when women knew it was time to stop having children. It occurred to me that the Duggars, Bates, etc never talk about when to end the childbearing years. Do they ever have personal revelation about when they should stop? 

https://www.mormonwomen.com/end-childbearing-years/

Didn't Jboob and Jchelle consult a fertility doctor after Josie?

3 minutes ago, patsymae said:

They went to a doctor after Jubilee to see if it was still possible for her to conceive, they didn't get fertility treatments or seek them out. I think they were just hoping they could find a way to boost her chances of conceiving 1 more time to get to that elusive 20th child.

On 11/26/2017 at 1:37 AM, Chickenbutt said:

<snip>

I believe Josh had no expectation of privacy and having the reports sealed because he was never charged with a crime. Had he been charged, then as a juvenile, the records would be sealed. But, he was never charged so the "records" released were investigational reports, not an arrest report, booking info, court documents, etc. No crime, no protection. 

<snip>

Under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act, investigational reports from Undisclosed Investigations are exempt and should not be released.  Since this investigation was not disclosed by the authorities at the time, all documents pertaining to it should have been protected.

http://www.nfoic.org/arkansas-foia-laws

Some exemptions to the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act are state tax records, medical/adoption/education records, archaeological and historical information, grand jury minutes, unpublished drafts of judicial opinions, undisclosed police investigations, information that would create unfair competition, identities of undercover law enforcement, computer security information, home addresses of non-elected employees, license examinations, military service discharge information, or records relevant to the security of public infrastructure.

10 hours ago, patsymae said:

Honestly, it looked more like a TLC plot line than a desire on their part for another blessing.

Michelle Duggar, Kelly Jo Bates and countless fundie bloggers have spoken extensively about the “season of life” when god ceases to open a lady’s womb. The consensus is that it’s all part of God’s plan, even if it involves half a dozen miscarriages in the period where a woman is still ovulating and conceiving but can’t carry a pregnancy to term. There are plenty of sad stories out there about women miscarrying their last blessing - Teri Maxwell’s (at the zoo) and Becky Bontragers are two that stand out to me. But the answer is always to just keep trusting god, and I guess if you’ve been trusting god with your fertility for 20 years it’s easier to continue to do so. It must be a heartbreaking time though, and a sad way to end your childbearing years.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived