IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

On 10/29/2017 at 3:59 PM, PumaLover said:

The Halloween party I went to was full of worldly things like dancing, drinking and exposed knees and collarbones!20691d9c6d2a5d69494ad8bfb0f1788f.jpg

I love this doubly because you are wearing THE PINK SHIRT that inspired my original FJ avatar!  They always used to wear those shirts--as ubiquitous as  the green one.  Well done!

tumblr_oqzocv77691wqrr60o1_1280.jpg

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!! I was super proud of the pink shirt. However mine was less modest than the original because you could see *gasp* my collarbones (and tattoo!!!).

Also I took a screenshot of that pic you posted so people at the Halloween party would know who I was! LOL!!!

4 hours ago, KeepingChrysanthemum said:

Saw this and actually found it pretty snarky. Duggar Dating Profiles! 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/single-duggar-family-members-145871

LOL, from Jana’s: “I’m a big believer in the idea that true love is worth waiting for! I’m also a big believer in not ending up with someone like Derick.”

5 hours ago, KeepingChrysanthemum said:

Saw this and actually found it pretty snarky. Duggar Dating Profiles! 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/single-duggar-family-members-145871

WOW That is not just snarky, it is  mean. 

I know for personal experience that it is painful to have people point out that you are still single when most of your peers are married. Especially if wish to be married. I bet is worse for Jana as she isn't allowed any other life choices.

Not mention all the other rude stuff about them. I know this is not a fan site but I don't think Jana,  John David and 'Siah  deserve that. Especially in a public form. 

Joy is so little in that photo. And now she's a married woman with a child on the way. 

I guess it was taken eight years ago but it still feels crazy to me. 

Wow, that article is mean. Not just snarky. Also, no respect for something with a grammatical error in the first paragraph.

@Iamtheway, try looking at her in the first specials then thinking about that. :my_dodgy:

On 10/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, backyard sylph said:

Just, the stick blender seems to be a focal item, which amuses me for some reason.

Somehow, this just strikes me as a strangely composed photo. Yes, weird and vague.

I noticed the stick blender as well.  Agreed it is a really odd photo.   From past precedent on Duggar food prep I do not believe they are the type to make a homemade soup , yogurt smoothie or a pesto/homemade sauce  (three things I use my stick blender for).   

Now the stick blender has me intrigued.  This  doesn't speak well for me, if I am intrigued by what the  Duggar 's make with their stick blender.  Maybe Jana the only remaining original J'slave is making homemade salsa from her garden.    

The photo looked to me like someone saying oh I need to take a,pic of this and post it online but not taking a moment to clear the counter and stage the foreground a bit more first.  In other words something we’ve seen repeatedly from Duggars taking photos.

Prior to the J'Slaves moving out we were seeing them cook more and more from scratch.  (Remember the story line about Joy having to learn how to bake bread from scratch since that was Jinger's job?)  They said years ago that tater tot casserole had been a sometime meal and that they ended up getting branded as eating it all the time.  That was from one of the early specials when the girls talked about that so I'm sure things have changed since then.  Now we usually only get to see them eating breakfast at the big house, if we see them eating at the TTH at all.  Since Jana is super into her garden so maybe they are making veggie soups and are pureeing squash, etc? 

So Hubby decided to do his take on TaterTot casserole. Tots, shredded chedder jack cheese, chopped green onion and bacon. Ranch for dipping if wanted.  Nom noms!

20171107_155537.jpg

2 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I'd be putting a healthy ranch drizzle on top of that shiz. Then, its business time. 

Ranch drizzle make everything taste better !  

So Hubby decided to do his take on TaterTot casserole. Tots, shredded chedder jack cheese, chopped green onion and bacon. Ranch for dipping if wanted. 

Um, that looks super super delicious! Has me rethinking the healthy roasted butternut squash I was planning to make for dinner!

@PumaLover  Use the butternut as the base for the cheese, bacon and green onions.  Maybe coat the squash with some butter, bread crumbs and lots of salt, pepper, etc. to give it  crunch.

On 08/11/2017 at 3:40 AM, JMO said:

Prior to the J'Slaves moving out we were seeing them cook more and more from scratch.  (Remember the story line about Joy having to learn how to bake bread from scratch since that was Jinger's job?)  They said years ago that tater tot casserole had been a sometime meal and that they ended up getting branded as eating it all the time.  That was from one of the early specials when the girls talked about that so I'm sure things have changed since then.  Now we usually only get to see them eating breakfast at the big house, if we see them eating at the TTH at all.  Since Jana is super into her garden so maybe they are making veggie soups and are pureeing squash, etc? 

I need to learn to make my own bread! I love homemade bread. When my brother had a farm he used to make the bread and butter from scratch, it was soooooo good!

21 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I need to learn to make my own bread! I love homemade bread. When my brother had a farm he used to make the bread and butter from scratch, it was soooooo good!

We got a fantastic bread cook book, Flour Water Salt Yeast. I recommend it completely!  It take a long time to make anything from it, but its soooo worth it.

8 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

We got a fantastic bread cook book, Flour Water Salt Yeast. I recommend it completely!  It take a long time to make anything from it, but its soooo worth it.

Thank you I will look at Book Depository! :)

Oh baking bread story! First time I tried to make gluten free bread was epic....doorstop anyone? If it looks like a brick and Andis as heavy as a brick, it must be one... Second and final time the bread looked beautiful on the outside, raw on the inside. All with using a bread machine. Needless to say, I do my part to keep local gluten free bakeries in business and am envious of anyone with bread baking skills.

I bake bread with flour from the UK, so the gluten does NOT bother me.

I have the BEST recipe:

2tbs butter, softened

creamed together with 3tbs sugar

1 cup hot water - mix until the butter/sugar is dissolved. 

Add a beaten egg, mix together.

Add 1tsp salt.

Add the yeast, stir till dissolved

Add 2 1/4 cups of flour (a little at a time) until it makes a ball.

Let rise until doubled.

Put into a buttered loaf pan, let it rise again - the more it rises, the fluffier it will be.

Bake at 425 for 35 minutes (start testing for doneness about 30 minutes by thumping it - it will "sound hollow" when it's done).

You may need to add more flour to keep it from sticking to your hands like glue. lol

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived