IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

24 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Well I think that the cheese has slipped off Rick's cracker. Otherwise just the usual white, patriarchal male who hates "others."

With the exceptions of the religious and keeping everyone home and single stuff Rick's beliefs are pretty mainstream.

That's the problem.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Well I think that the cheese has slipped off Rick's cracker. Otherwise just the usual white, patriarchal male who hates "others."

I have no strong opinion about Rick, who know very little about, but I'm still cracking up like 10 min later about the bolded. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I have no strong opinion about Rick, who know very little about, but I'm still cracking up like 10 min later about the bolded. 

We will be happy to tutor you in anything you want to know about Rick...but don't blame us when you too find yourself with unfulfilled longing for Vine Valley footage.

36 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

With the exceptions of the religious and keeping everyone home and single stuff Rick's beliefs are pretty mainstream.

That's the problem.

Mainstream and Rick were not things that I thought belonged in the same sentence, but you are quite right.

I mean the things that make him crazy are big things! No one is calling Vine Valley and the amount of times that those characters fall normal.

I made a note on my calendar last night to post something in the Arndt thread on the next penguin awareness day. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? :think:

Damn it! False alarm people, false alarm! Go back to watching paint dry. It is more exciting.

On the other hand that Jesus/Trump picture is seriously disturbing on so many levels.

14 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I made a note on my calendar last night to post something in the Arndt thread on the next penguin awareness day. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? :think:

It's the best thing :)

58 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

.but don't blame us when you too find yourself with unfulfilled longing for Vine Valley footage.

We are NEVER getting Vine Valley. But if we do, we need to have an online viewing party where we can chat about it as we all watch what has to be the most boring movie ever made. 

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

we need to have an online viewing party

Without question!!  And if I'm not around I expect an emergency phone call or bat signal* or something...I wouldn't miss it for anything.

It may be the first movie made which spans 15+ years in plot and the actors age in real time.

*like softball bats...I'll know what it means :)

20 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Without question!!  And if I'm not around I expect an emergency phone call or bat signal* or something...I wouldn't miss it for anything.

It may be the first movie made which spans 15+ years in plot and the actors age in real time.

*like softball bats...I'll know what it means :)

And scenes are needing to be reshot because the actors are visibly aging and the camera equipment is much better.

Darn it all to heck, I think we missed Paul's 38th birthday.  Hope all your (modest, no doubt) dreams come true, Paul.  Just two more years to the big 4-0!

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We are NEVER getting Vine Valley. But if we do, we need to have an online viewing party where we can chat about it as we all watch what has to be the most boring movie ever made. 

If Vine Valley ever gets finished I'm up for that.  Please don't make it a drinking game though.  If I take a sip of an adult beverage every time Rick falls over (in the snow, in the woods, off a bike, in a field, with a pumpkin, without a pumpkin, in the snowy woods, in a snowy field, under a tree in Fall, off a bike in winter, off a bike in summer ...) I'll be passed out under a table in less than 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Please don't make it a drinking game though. 

WC Fields himself wouldn't have the tolerance to survive that drinking game.

Another year, another Arndt "boy" turning 30 - James now gets his own bed in the attic. There are now 6 over 30 kidults. 

9 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Another year, another Arndt "boy" turning 30 - James now gets his own bed in the attic. There are now 6 over 30 kidults. 

I just had a moment of "Oh shit, how can James be 30, he's the same age as me", I will be 30 in November. I've somehow managed to forget.

Sadly James will not have the freedom to celebrate 30 like most. :(

If I were an Arndt I'd be traumatized by birthdays.  Not the cake in the bedroom or the hand on the tummy thing, that doesn't bother me the way it does others...but the song.

Every year they have to come up with a song or skit or something and perform before the whole family.  I'd have anxiety weeks leading up to that.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:33 PM, formergothardite said:

Not to mention the drinking game.....take a sip every time Rick stumbles in the snow.  We will all be rip roaring drunk in no time.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If I were an Arndt I'd be traumatized by birthdays.  Not the cake in the bedroom or the hand on the tummy thing, that doesn't bother me the way it does others...but the song.

Every year they have to come up with a song or skit or something and perform before the whole family.  I'd have anxiety weeks leading up to that.

Imagining one of them finally getting drunk and stumbling into the master suite singing, "Happy birthday to me, happy fucking birthday to me, happy 37th fucking birthday dear me."  And then proceeding to smear the cake all over the bed. 

7 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Imagining one of them finally getting drunk and stumbling into the master suite singing, "Happy birthday to me, happy fucking birthday to me, happy 37th fucking birthday dear me."  And then proceeding to smear the cake all over the bed. 

If the Arndts got drunk, would they believe that they were penguins?

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

Me too.  But alas, Rick is implying that Trump's decisions are all being guided by hand of Jesus. 

So....Jesus = Trump.  Trump = Jesus.

WTF is wrong with these people?  

You're right about Rick's implication. But Jesus was kind to children. He would not have ripped children away from their parents and put them in cages in an abandoned Walmart. Jesus could also be tough on rich people and their money, while Trump hands out tax breaks to them, giving them even more money. And would Jesus consider cutting back helpful programs for the poor and older populations of the country to make up for it? I'd really like to know exactly which of Trump's decisions or comments reflects the love of Jesus. Is it Jesus-like to say there are "very fine" people among the Nazis in Charlotte?  Or to make fun of people with physical challenges? Or maybe to criticize the victims of a hurricane for not helping themselves? I have asked various people what is good about Trump, how in good conscience a Christian can support him, and all I ever get is, "Well, he's better than Hillary. He's done some good things, like get rid of regulations."

57 minutes ago, Letgo said:

You're right about Rick's implication. But Jesus was kind to children. He would not have ripped children away from their parents and put them in cages in an abandoned Walmart. Jesus could also be tough on rich people and their money, while Trump hands out tax breaks to them, giving them even more money. And would Jesus consider cutting back helpful programs for the poor and older populations of the country to make up for it? I'd really like to know exactly which of Trump's decisions or comments reflects the love of Jesus. Is it Jesus-like to say there are "very fine" people among the Nazis in Charlotte?  Or to make fun of people with physical challenges? Or maybe to criticize the victims of a hurricane for not helping themselves? I have asked various people what is good about Trump, how in good conscience a Christian can support him, and all I ever get is, "Well, he's better than Hillary. He's done some good things, like get rid of regulations."

And Jesus wouldn't be grabbing women by the pussy and move on them "like a bitch" saying "When you're Jesus they let you do anything you want." 

I'm an atheist but if you believe in a savior as Jesus is described, and you profess your profound desire to be like him in all things, how do you equate Trump - one of the most hideous creatures in modern history - to Jesus?  How does it work?

5 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Now I kinda wish Vine Valley had that scene.......

There’s a great scripted Netflix show about a  teenage boy coping with autism. It’s called Atypical.  Very touching and funny. His “thing” is penguins.

So this seemed the appropriate thread to mention it.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, Gobsmacked said:

.....crept in ...no change....crept quietly out...

Oh, sweetie.  If anything ever happens the name of the thread will change.

Or FJ will crash!

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived