IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

On 8/12/2018 at 8:56 AM, Tatar-tot said:

This family is like watching paint dry. 

I was just thinking about this expression. I'm pretty sure more than one person has described the Arndts with it, but it's actually not quite accurate. They're more like watching paint not dry. 

"Oh, look. Wet paint."

"The paint is still wet."

"The paint is still wet? Why isn't it drying?"

"How the heck can the paint still be wet?!"

"It's so freaky how the paint is still wet! How long can it possibly stay exactly the same?!"

:pb_lol:

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate golf. To me, it is the most incredibly boring sport ever. Even beats out baseball. Years ago, my husband had passes to the US Open practice rounds in DC, so we went down to watch. We found a spot, with bleachers, by one of the holes (one of the many, many holes) to hang out at. While waiting for something (anything) to happen - much like the Arndt kids' lives - I accidentally knocked over the water bottle I had with me. I then sat there focused on how long it took the sun to dry the water off the bleacher. Once it dried, I did it again. And again. And again.

I joke frequently about the time we went to DC and I watched paint dry. And I'm no longer invited to anything golf related. :pb_razz:

17 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I hate golf. To me, it is the most incredibly boring sport ever. Even beats out baseball. Years ago, my husband had passes to the US Open practice rounds in DC, so we went down to watch. We found a spot, with bleachers, by one of the holes (one of the many, many holes) to hang out at. While waiting for something (anything) to happen - much like the Arndt kids' lives - I accidentally knocked over the water bottle I had with me. I then sat there focused on how long it took the sun to dry the water off the bleacher. Once it dried, I did it again. And again. And again.

I joke frequently about the time we went to DC and I watched paint dry. And I'm no longer invited to anything golf related. :pb_razz:

A Good Walk Spoiled:  Days and Nights on the PGA Tour by Jon Feinstein

On 8/15/2018 at 7:59 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

"It's so freaky how the paint is still wet! How long can it possibly stay exactly the same?!"

The Arndts are that Twilight Zone episode that you see during a marathon after you've sworn you've seen every episode there possibly could be.  Huh?  There's one in color?  That's weird.  And the cars look so modern.  But here comes Rod Serling.   "Picture if you will a large family living together in a southern Illinois town....."

On another thread I saw someone reference a recent post on the Arndts' blog. It hasn't been mentioned here yet, so...

Among various memes and softball videos they shared a link to crazy:

www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2018/08/alabama_pastor_asks_church_to.html

"Alabama pastor asks church to pray for Trump, against witchcraft attacking him"

It's bonkers.

The Arndt posting got four comments: "Thank you" "I agree" "Prayers" and "Amen Thank you" so it's clear that the Arndt followers are taking it as a serious post.

Yikes!

I can't look at the Arndt pages, there's too much anti abortion drivel that it just drives me nuts. It's all being posted by men, most of whom are virgins, Rick being the clear exception. You have no idea about abortion, stop parroting the party line. Get a grip, break free, and enjoy life! 

Does the Arndt website mention thr portrait  studio they were adding into/onto their monastery—-er, house?

Id look for myself but I’m in a pretty good mood right now. Seeing the site would imperil that. 

24 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Does the Arndt website mention thr portrait  studio they were adding into/onto their monastery—-er, house?

I must have missed the portrait studio plans, but I know they were clearing land on their property for another structure.  They either implied, or I simply inferred, that it was another housing unit for the older sons.  But I suppose it could do double duty.

But no, I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. The Arndts have been pretty silent lately.  Aside from their inane FB re-posts.  And softball.  Endless nights of entire softball games recorded for your viewing pleasure.  ?

• 2 weeks later...

Last week the Arndts posted a photo captioned: “Peter rewards himself with a sucker after watering the flowers.” And sure enough, the photo showed a grown man with a lollipop in his mouth, standing in front of the planters on his parents’ immaculate deck. It’s just sooo weird.

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Last week the Arndts posted a photo captioned: “Peter rewards himself with a sucker after watering the flowers.” And sure enough, the photo showed a grown man with a lollipop in his mouth, standing in front of the planters on his parents’ immaculate deck. It’s just sooo weird.

And behold, the mystery of why they aren't married is solved! :laughing-rollingred:Imagine some poor woman coming to meet all the man-boys and being subjected to this kind of thing every single day. 

I haven't visited here for a while. Sauntered  over but nooo. Still nothing. Is their house protected by a charm similar to sleeping beauty, keeping everything the same for a 100 years? (A modern charm obvs as the house sits on a perfectly boring large green patch not surrounded by thick prickly thorns).

Just imagine the consternation if a brave heroic maiden (fundie or not) broke through and kissed an Arndt!!!

What would happen next?............................

As a mother I could not imagine having these crazy boys never moving out.  If I thought of my kids never moving out out I would sell the house, take the husband & the pets, & move to a one bedroom condo.  

That house must smell like a boys locker room. Ugh...

31 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Just imagine the consternation if a brave heroic maiden (fundie or not) broke through and kissed an Arndt!!!

What would happen next?............................

........Yawns might not be the only bodily function that is contagious... ☺️

Damn, hopes dashed again.  Going to go watch paint dry or something else while I wait for something, anything to happen in this family.  

Every time this thread is bumped I have a sliver of hope Vine Valley has been released. Alas...……..?

Yep, me too. Every time the Arndt thread is updated I foolishly hope. At least we will know that the apocalypse is upon us if one of the manboys ever does marry.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, JenniferJuniper said:

I must have missed the portrait studio plans, but I know they were clearing land on their property for another structure.  They either implied, or I simply inferred, that it was another housing unit for the older sons.  But I suppose it could do double duty.

But no, I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. The Arndts have been pretty silent lately.  Aside from their inane FB re-posts.  And softball.  Endless nights of entire softball games recorded for your viewing pleasure.  ?

Good grief- I hope at minimum the boys men get their own structure, even if it is on the same dang property! I also hope they all get (at least) double beds!

As for the softball games - I assume they are more entertaining than Vine Valley. I have not, nor have plans to watch VV so I am only guessing.

This thread moves dreadfully slow. I think the next thread name should be "Arndts - move along, nothing to see here" 

or "Arndts thread - were the optimistic FJers check to see if there is an escape- there never is"

I think I saw that wackazoid pastor speaking in tongues about the topic of Trump and witchcraft. Really? People talking in tongues just makes me think they're all nutty. It's not like a recognizable language.

Call me negative (if there’s food involved, I’ll answer!), but I call “fail” on Arndt P&C coverage of their first cave wedding. Presuming that the object of a subterranean wedding is soft, moody, cave lighting, that klieg-light wall behind the officiant would burn some retinas, instead! 

I continue to be newly astonished at how the boymen can photograph lustily pregnant women in stages of undress, undulating on land and under the water, without going bs crazy with desire ... but maybe Momma In Shortie-Shorts their whole lives has had some kind of dampening effect. 

Oh, the cave shots: http://arndtphotography.com/blog/

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I continue to be newly astonished at how the boymen can photograph lustily pregnant women in stages of undress, undulating on land and under the water, without going bs crazy with desire ... but maybe Momma In Shortie-Shorts their whole lives has had some kind of dampening effect. 

Wait, what?!

1 hour ago, bertnee said:

The cave wedding is very interesting! At least the Arndt photos are good, unlike the Maxwells!

Agree. They do seem to have talent unlike the Maxwell’s. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived