IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, sweetie.  If anything ever happens the name of the thread will change.

Or FJ will crash!

You know, the world's spinning madly.  Just when I think I'm having a little stability in my life, something comes along and upends it.   Last month I was assigned a new job.  It's a promotion, but I had no say in whether I wanted it or not.  It's going to be insanely challenging - and probably very frustrating - for a year of so.  And then they'll move me somewhere else.  I just packed up my desk today and my stuff is off to a different building.  Goodbye, mis amigos, hope to see you at the Christmas party. 

I look at my parents and see how just a year's worth of aging has caused a noticeable difference in their abilities and wonder/worry about what is coming next.  My kids - new schools, new jobs.  My oldest is returning to the US after 16 months in England.  (yeah!  and oh no!)  The Boy has a girlfriend - and just got his license.  I swear I haven't seen him in a week.

I'm boring everyone, I know.  How do I know?  Because this is all just normal shit.  Most of our lives are like this in one way or another, regardless of your age, or what you do or where you live. 

But the Arndts are different, special.   They are a constant. Nothing changes.  But maybe this is why I think I'll feel a little sad the day the thread name finally changes.  Assuming I'm not long dead by then. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, sweetie.  If anything ever happens the name of the thread will change.

Actually page 23 the name of the thread will change soon anyway....even if nothing else ever does.

Idk.  I'd like to stop being a slave to fear...and god knows they all seem happier than I will ever be.

It's dangerous for me to read this thread when I'm not snarky...it makes me want whatever kind of peace Rick seems to have found.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived