IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Just popping out here to say:

Luke is cuter than ever.

Welcome to the Luke fan club. If I were young, pretty and single, I wouldn't mind teaching him about the facts of life :my_biggrin:

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, dora said:

All those women in althetic clothes behind him, probably half of them checking out his butt, and he's ... having his photo taken with Mommy.

Yet again we’ve touched on the weirdest part of the Arndt saga. Most of the Arndts are conventionally good looking, they are fit, some are very talented photographers, they mingle with cute girls, they seem to be friendly and have a sense of humor. 

Yet they are ALL still single. So creepy.

What I find even stranger than none of the man-boys leaving the nest is that Cathy seems to only wear the same pair of white shorty shorts every day... for decades... and yet they somehow stay white.  Utterly baffling!  

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

What I find even stranger than none of the man-boys leaving the nest is that Cathy seems to only wear the same pair of white shorty shorts every day... for decades... and yet they somehow stay white.  Utterly baffling!  

I’m astounded that she’s been able to find tube after tube of the same shade of shiny pink lipgloss all these years. Go, Pinky!!!

The same white shorts, lip gloss, and hairstyle for years on end. Nothing much changes in Arndtville. Perhaps Cathy buys in bulk when she finds a product she really likes.

Damn it! Hopes dashed again! Why, why do I hold out hope that something,  anything,  will change?  Why? :my_biggrin:

On 6/23/2018 at 1:22 AM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Does Cathy make her shorts too?  I didn't think you could get them that short anymore.

She probably laid in a lifetime supply in the early 1980s.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:17 PM, WiseGirl said:

Damn it! Hopes dashed again! Why, why do I hold out hope that something,  anything,  will change?  Why? :my_biggrin:

*puts arm around @WiseGirl's shoulder and gives a gentle hug*  

We've all been there.  It's like a rite of passage into Arndtville and you just learn to cope with the chronic disappointment.  Know though, that we all hold out hope that when we click on a new Arndt post, that something, ANYTHING will have happened.  

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Know though, that we all hold out hope that when we click on a new Arndt post, that something, ANYTHING will have happened.  

Yep!  Took a break from FJ for a few months, and when I came back today, I held out a glimmer of hope that there was some actual news about the Arndts when I saw their thread was toward the top of the QFOS page.  Alas, history repeats itself.

On 6/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, Elegant Mess said:

Alas, history repeats itself.

When it comes to the Arndts - of course it does!  I think it will break FJ if an Arndt or a Sarah Maxwell ever runs free.

And welcome back.   I have missed you. :)

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And welcome back.   I have missed you. :)

Aww, thanks!  Now I need to catch up on the Maxwell threads.  Gotta know what Stevehovah is bent out of shape about these days.  

Dear Prudence answered a letter today that made me think of the Arndts.  The Letter Writer is engaged, and her fiance is one of 9 siblings who all live within an hour of their parents.  The family gets together for every single birthday, milestone, and holiday (including several that the family made up.)  The gatherings have very entrenched traditions, and suggestions to try new things are met with hostility.  Each gathering has long, elaborate photo sessions, most of which are "family only" (as in, not including people who married in.)  

If Hell froze over and the Arndt boys actually got married, I picture their wives having to deal with a similar situation.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/07/when-you-catch-a-supervisor-having-sex-with-a-co-worker-and-more-advice-from-dear-prudence.html

• 4 weeks later...

Peter turns 18 today. There are now 13 adults living at home with their parents. Because that is totally normal.

Two and half more years until all 14 Arndt "children" are legal adults, and just over 2 years until the first Ardnt "child" turns 40. 

I have no doubt that in 2.5 years, nothing will have changed at all.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Peter turns 18 today. There are now 13 adults living at home with their parents.

Steve Maxwell must be incredibly jealous. 14 forever children to control! Just think of the Bible Time, Christmas caroling, and house washing projects! 

Do you think Cathy (sp?) and Rick are aware that people are wondering why no adult has left?

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Do you think Cathy (sp?) and Rick are aware that people are wondering why no adult has left?

I have known about the Ardnt family for years, the first time I saw them was on the Montel Williams show. I am surprised that none of the older kids have gotten married. 

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Steve Maxwell must be incredibly jealous. 14 forever children to control! Just think of the Bible Time, Christmas caroling, and house washing projects! 

Definitely. The Arndts mingle with non fundies to play softball all summer long and photograph non fundie weddings. I would bet a million dollars the question has been asked. Probably in a polite way like, “so when will these wonderful wedding photographers be photographing an Arndt wedding?”

• 2 weeks later...

How many pairs of white shorts does this woman own?! Apparently enough to out-live a 95 year old.....

shorts.jpg

He looks great for 95. 

I am ok with Mama Arndt’s shorts but please someone get her to stop wearing variations of the same shirts. Even the daughter had the same type shirt. I don’t know why that style of shirt bothers me more than the shorts. 

Why would Mama Arndt wear shorts to celebrate her uncle's birthday?  I think she wears white shorts to show off her tanned legs.  And the hand on her uncle's chest.....just what she does on her boys' birthdays.  The woman is not well.

Rick looks like he's not sure if that was a fart or a shart.

8 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am ok with Mama Arndt’s shorts but please someone get her to stop wearing variations of the same shirts. Even the daughter had the same type shirt. I don’t know why that style of shirt bothers me more than the shorts. 

She makes them.  Appears to use the same pattern every single time.  

Aside from very special occasions, Cathy wears white short shorts in the summer and black pants in the winter without fail.  Kind of reminds me of old TV shows like Bonanza where the main actors wore the same clothes all the time so they could reuse scenes as needed.

So, perhaps a Vine Valley connection to the limited wardrobe?  Cathy always ready for her close up, or long shot?

Speaking of, why no VV updates, Rick?   You are such a tease!

9 hours ago, socalrules said:

Believe she has to be sewing the tops as well, and like the shorts, uses the same pattern as well as her daughter.  

The hand on the chest is weird.  So it's not just on the son's birthdays, it appears to be her regular pose for pictures.  

I think she buys the shirts and shorts at walmart or sears. They seem like the style that those 2 stores seem to hold forever and ever. I can't get my search by image to work on my phone so I will have to try later to see if I can find where the top comes from.

44 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Believe she has to be sewing the tops as well, and like the shorts, uses the same pattern as well as her daughter.  

The hand on the chest is weird.  So it's not just on the son's birthdays, it appears to be her regular pose for pictures.  

I read your post and then imagined Mama Arndt posing like that with, say, a busty daughter-in-law. Then I almost choked on my coffee. :laughing-rollingred:

She probably likes that top because it's more concealing for the tummy. She's had a lot of kids and probably has a little extra around the middle. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived