Jump to content
IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Whoa! Holy chest hair and some serious muscle definition on the left. Buff! 

This is why I think there have been women who like these guys.....until they learn of the penguins, and Legos, and the parents keep them "safe at home", the fact that the older brothers haven't left home, etc.  The overall weirdness has to have scared them off albeit with some sadness over how someone so cute can be so weird.

There is also the more likely question of whether a manboy doesn't respond to any interest because he doesn't know how.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think --

1) they don't know how to respond to women, because Rick 'n Cathy have kept them ignorant of that, to "keep them safe"

2) don't even notice that a girl is flirting or expressing interest because see #1 and

3) seem completely uninterested in women because ... well ... see #1

It's probable that the man-boys come off at best as weird, odd, and socially awkward and not in an endearing way. Or as completely asexual. Or they are pinging people's gaydar.

Absolutely not saying any of them are gay or anything about them at all.  It's just that cute, single, never married, never dated, live at home men in their mid-30s make people go "hhmmmm. ....... maybe he's not attracted to women."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

This is why I think there have been women who like these guys.....until they learn of the penguins, and Legos, and the parents keep them "safe at home", the fact that the older brothers haven't left home, etc.  The overall weirdness has to have scared them off albeit with some sadness over how someone so cute can be so weird.

There is also the more likely question of whether a manboy doesn't respond to any interest because he doesn't know how.

You know, I hadn't thought of this. If a woman meets one of these men and learns that not only does he still lives at home, so do all his siblings...Well, there's a red flag. I'd think most normal people would ask questions about that, and, upon learning about being "safe at home" they'd run for the hills. Throw in the rest of the Arndt lifestyle--the penguins, the endless filming of  Vine Valley, Legos, the family only church, the car rides with Rick pontificating, birthdays in the parents' bedroom, the white shorts, etc.-and it is easy to figure out why no one is married. 

Although, to be fair, the manboys did put away the Legos because they "didn't have time" to devote to the building of large structures. Not because they were adults, but for lack of time. Probably because they could still play with penguins and they take up less space...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Letgo said:

Although, to be fair, the manboys did put away the Legos because they "didn't have time" to devote to the building of large structures. Not because they were adults, but for lack of time. Probably because they could still play with penguins and they take up less space...

I can't imagine winter nights for 30-something Arndt boys at home.  No more softball games to take up entire evenings.  No dates.  No Friday night beers with the guys. They've probably each seen It's a Wonderful Life" dozens of times.   

I think I'd break out the Legos (more precisely the K'Nexs) too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand that grown men with their own smartphones and laptops haven't figured out that they're being kept on a slave compound all their lives, haven't read this thread, and haven't watched the kind of content that would make them crave the affection of a real, live woman. 

Seriously. 

Does Rick turn off the wifi and confiscate phones after work is done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I don't understand that grown men with their own smartphones and laptops haven't figured out that they're being kept on a slave compound all their lives, haven't read this thread, and haven't watched the kind of content that would make them crave the affection of a real, live woman. 

Seriously. 

Does Rick turn off the wifi and confiscate phones after work is done?

They do read here. Hi Ricky and Stevie!

A few years ago one of us wanted to know what Caths SOTDRT looked like and within minutes one of the man boys posted a pic of the dinning room table on their old Lego blog.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, johnhugh said:

They do read here. Hi Ricky and Stevie!

A few years ago one of us wanted to know what Caths SOTDRT looked like and within minutes one of the man boys posted a pic of the dinning room table on their old Lego blog.

My favorite was the time they posted a picture of Wizzie, who was in her mid-late teens at the time, without indicating that it was an old photo taken when she was about 12. Posters here commented about how incredibly immature she looked for her age and within minutes one manboy swooped into their blog and chastised the brother who posted it for not making it clear the photo was old.

I do miss those walkie-talkie style blog days......Over to you, Mark!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the boys seem WAY too overprotective of Wizz. I feel sorry for any guy who tries to court her. 15 pairs of eyes would be watching him at all times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All the boys seem WAY too overprotective of Wizz. I feel sorry for any guy who tries to court her. 15 pairs of eyes would be watching him at all times. 

Nobody is going to be allowed to court her cause no man is going to perfectly match Rick's particular brand of crazy. And any that might come close is going to be put off by the short shorts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I was flipping through the on-screen program guide and noticed that National Geographic Wild is showing "Building Penguin Paradise" and "A Penguin's Life". I couldn't help myself, the first thing I thought was that the Arndt manboys would be so excited to watch both shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2017 at 8:05 PM, johnhugh said:

They do read here. Hi Ricky and Stevie!

A few years ago one of us wanted to know what Caths SOTDRT looked like and within minutes one of the man boys posted a pic of the dinning room table on their old Lego blog.

 

Well, ratz. You'd think one of them  or collectively all of the older ones would want to create an account on FJ to set the record straight. Or perhaps there's nothing to straighten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Fam's been quiet lately.  Website down (but due back any month now), no new videos on YouTube and just the occasional FB post, the latest a link explaining why it's good and holy to vote for a child molester in Alabama.  

But just when you start wondering if the Arndts are "tossing in the washcloth" for good and shutting down production on the extravaganza they've been working on for nearly all of the past decade, up pops Rick to remind us that no, he will never pull the plug on Vine Valley.  

Spoiler

23905697_1591866797522935_84342645376402

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2017 at 12:52 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I was flipping through the on-screen program guide and noticed that National Geographic Wild is showing "Building Penguin Paradise" and "A Penguin's Life". I couldn't help myself, the first thing I thought was that the Arndt manboys would be so excited to watch both shows.

Don't forget the book "And Tango Makes Three". Help us spread the gay penguin agenda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2017 at 11:13 AM, Letgo said:

Although, to be fair, the manboys did put away the Legos because they "didn't have time" to devote to the building of large structures. Not because they were adults, but for lack of time. Probably because they could still play with penguins and they take up less space...

I'd actually prefer they put away the stuffed toys and get back into Legos. Plenty of adults, male and female, are into Legos in a big way. Okay, they do pretty much tend to be engineers, but still. . . .it's not necessarily childish or even weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

The Fam's been quiet lately.  Website down (but due back any month now), no new videos on YouTube and just the occasional FB post, the latest a link explaining why it's good and holy to vote for a child molester in Alabama.  

But just when you start wondering if the Arndts are "tossing in the washcloth" for good and shutting down production on the extravaganza they've been working on for nearly all of the past decade, up pops Rick to remind us that no, he will never pull the plug on Vine Valley.  

  Hide contents

23905697_1591866797522935_84342645376402

 

Is that Rick doing (gasp!) actual work, or one of the chidults?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is that Rick doing (gasp!) actual work, or one of the chidults?

Yes, but we need to  keep in mind that Vine Valley is the ONLY thing he will ever work on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Yes, but we need to  keep in mind that Vine Valley is the ONLY thing he will ever work on.

Because it will NEVER be finished. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Because it will NEVER be finished. 

It can't finish.  The only alternative would be to move somewhere where the elderly boys can be required to play softball year-round. And those places probably have too many gays or brown people or *gasp* Democrats for Rick's liking.  No, it must be softball in the spring and summer, Vine Valley filming in the winter and Vine Valley editing in the autumn. Every year for the rest of their lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Trending Content

  • Recent Status Updates

    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      My niece is going to be a seat filler at this year's Academy Awards.  Seat fillers are asked to wear tuxedos regardless of sex/gender.  If you see a pretty young woman with very curly hair, it could be my niece. 
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah, that's me.  Though to be fair I am trying to learn Italian and Spanish.

      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      IT'S BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!
      ⚾❣️
      · 4 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      It’s not supposed to be mosquito season right now but I still appear to have been bitten twice on the side of my foot. Bastards. I know I shouldn’t scratch but it’s so tempting… 😑
      · 0 replies
    • Therapy Outside the Box

      Therapy Outside the Box

      Hello,
       
      I'm brand new to this forum. It was suggested to me by former and outspoken Remnant Fellowship member (Natasha Pavlovich) that I join this forum and put out here what I do. She also warned me that no one on here trusts, or trusts easily, and that I'd likely be assumed to be a Remnant plant or spy until vetted and verified as not that. Fair enough. 
      In short, and in truth, I'm a psychotherapist with 25 yrs experience in Franklin TN (less than three miles from RF incidentally) with a special interest in working with people formerly associated with cults, cult-like or any and all high control intitutions. I'm especially interested in working with those desiring not only deconstruct, recover and learn to thrive post-indoctrination, but those desiring to recapture or cultivate an authentic sense of theology without walls, or spirituality with borders. 
      To date, I've worked with former Amish, Mennonite, LDS/FLDS, FOG, and a those representing a whole slew of evangelical, fire and brimstone fear/shame/guilt-inducing institutions.
      I am especially interested in working with former Remnant Fellowship and Scientology members. I view RF as basically Scientology without the budget. 
      I'll leave it there. Much more can be gleaned about me through my website: therapyoutsidethebox.com or IG: @ therapyoutsidethebox
       
      Peace,
       
      Chris Hancock, LCSW
      Franklin, TN

      · 3 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      I have a friend with untreated autism and ADHD. I've tried so fucking hard to help. He refuses. It's a mess. I'm really really tired.
      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      Making Jill Duggar's brownie recipe because why not stay up late.
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Party on aisle 15....

      Also no interest if fully paid in so many months.
      · 0 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      Happy Supper Bowel Sunday!!  No, wait. That isn't right...
      Anyway, enjoy the game (or the half time show, or the ads)!
      And a very happy Sunday to everyone who doesn't care about the NFL! 
      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      I'm a huge baseball fan. This year, MLB TV showed Liga Dominicana games in December and January and it was a fucking revelation. The players had so much fire and joy. The announcers with their charming DR accents were a blast, though I could hardly keep up with the Spanish. DItto the Serie del Caribe. As a White Sox fan, the MLB season is going to suffer by comparison. Te amo los Tigres del Licey!
      · 2 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.