IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Londish said:

Is there a way to hide a post? @Destiny

I suspect that I know the post you meant. It's now hidden, and my first non-testing fuck you administered. 

Next time, you can also report the post and anyone can get to it.

1 minute ago, Londish said:

Is there a way to hide a post? @Destiny

I reported it, they will either remove it or hide those awful pictures. 

Just now, Destiny said:

I suspect that I know the post you meant. It's now hidden, and my first non-testing fuck you administered. 

Next time, you can also report the post and anyone can get to it.

Thanks! I did report it as well, I have just never done a report before and wanted to make sure i covered all bases.

You rock!

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

No idea what you guys are talking about, but I think I'm glad I missed that post.

Be fucking glad. Yikes.

Thank you for alerting me friends. The situation has been handled. <3

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I am of the opinion that people who go on and on about the definition of marriage and how happy they are don't have a fucking clue and are miserable.

Definitely true in that case. 

Seeing that picture from Anna Duggar makes me sad. Like, girl, what do you now about happy marriage? 

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Please, please don't say that. You will give Derick something to shoot for. 

I dunno, I could see Derick being a denier. Whenever I hear about him or Jill Rodrigues pulling some stupid shit, I always wonder how much lower they'll go, and they go lower. So yeah, I'm steeling myself for Derick's "waaah I have the right to ask questions" post about the Holocaust.

10 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jessa's holocaust post made me think that she'd never been exposed to the horrors of Nazi Germany before. I hope I'm wrong.

She stated in the post that they had just visited the Holocaust Museum. How anyone is capable of walking though that museum and coming out thinking abortion is anywhere near on the scale of horrible... it boggles the mind.

I don’t care how cute her kids are. I will continue quietly thinking Jessa is a piece of shit who only learned to hide the ugly side of her beliefs until she takes some real steps to atone and change - for instance, apologizing for being a complete dumbass for comparing abortion to the Holocaust.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t care how cute her kids are. I will continue quietly thinking Jessa is a piece of shit who only learned to hide the ugly side of her beliefs until she takes some real steps to atone and change - for instance, apologizing for being a complete dumbass for comparing abortion to the Holocaust.

I agree. Jessa is potentially more insidious than Jill/Derrick because she's very good at putting lipstick on a pig. 

the thing about the holocaust post is, and I don't know if I only think so since I am very low on sleep now, but if she hadn't added the last two sentences (not born yet and #), it would't have been a bad post. I also do think that they are so sheltered in their believe of being white christians, and they probably have never been in touch with people who were directly affected. I visited Dachau before, I have been to Mauthausen, and I have seen footage of Ausschwitz that just brings me to a point between crying and throwing up, and heard stories from my grandparents who mostly don't even remember my name, or even their childrens names but they would tell you horror stories from the war like it was yesterday.

And if she hadn't added the hashtag, then most people would probably applaud to her. Now, like that, I agree, the post sucks, but I find Annas way worse (but then, poor girl is punished enough) and I think we are also all so over the whole family constantly going against abortion while having some other whacked up believes that we would still have read something else into that post.

But I am glad she learned to shut up now.

Edit to add: just to be clear, posting that all together is wacky and not stg i'd ever do. Just like i wouldn't do selfies in a KZ or memorial of those sorts. But for the general message without the end (and the necessity of posting altogether) I still think it's good she at least acknowledges that A the holocaust existed and B skin color doesn't matter

@SeekingAdventureI’m white, I’m not Jewish, don’t know any survivors, have never visited any of the concentration camps, and if I had to give myself a religious label then I’m probably a Christian. None of that would give me any excuse to write what Jessa wrote because there is no excuse. 

Additionally, she also used that post to show just how truly ignorant she is about the theory of evolution while ignoring the real causes behind the Holocaust as well. It wasn’t just the last part that people were offended by - it was almost the entire thing. So no. She wouldn’t have gotten a pass from many people here if she had left off the last part. 

Jessa's holocaust post was horrible, but in my experience, not really exceptionally Duggar-ish. Everyone I've ever known who considers themselves pro-life are either quiet about it (or technically pro-choice, just personally against abortion), OR very loud, holocaust-comparing, graphic-picture sharing ridiculous people. I've rarely seen an in-between, although this is all anecdotal of course. 

So, while it sucks that the Duggars do this, I do feel the need to be clear that in my opinion: it sucks that virtually all of right-wing Christianity, a good portion of other Christianity/Catholicism, and some other demographics do this. Those people don't get a free pass just because they're not famous Gothardites.

In regards to Joy's protest post, and protest posts in general, I do sort of sympathize on one level. For some people, myself included, protesting is very empowering. It can really make my day/week/month to stand up for something I believe in. It can be exhilarating to feel like you are on the front lines, interacting with obviously like-minded or obviously opposed people. 

I do think it's unequivocally wrong to take that stand for the pro-life cause, but I think I understand why Joy and the other Duggar kidults participate and take pride in these protests. It may feel thrilling in a lifestyle that's generally without a lot of excitement and passion.

None of the Duggars have ever had to make that hard decision. I doubt that they have any understanding of what a difficult thing it is to go through. Empathy is not their middle name.

Haven't at least one of the Duggars been to the Holocaust museum? I thought they had. The fact that they still equate abortion and the Holocaust just pisses me off. 

I'm glad none of them have had to be in a situation where an abortion (especially a late term abortion) was medically necessary, and I hope they never are. No woman ever wants that, ever. They're so flippant in their attitudes and must think women just line up for abortions for fun.

9 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

Haven't at least one of the Duggars been to the Holocaust museum? I thought they had. The fact that they still equate abortion and the Holocaust just pisses me off. 

I'm glad none of them have had to be in a situation where an abortion (especially a late term abortion) was medically necessary, and I hope they never are. No woman ever wants that, ever. They're so flippant in their attitudes and must think women just line up for abortions for fun.

Jessa’s post comparing the Holocaust to abortion explicitly states she had just been to the Holocaust Museum when she made the post. This was back when she and Ben were courting - I believe a bunch of them (Ben included I think) were visiting DC and they visited the museum together.

I’m glad none of them have had to face that choice either. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

@Imagine20  the other day, I reminded (or tried to anyway) my congresscritters that women don't have abortions just on a lark.  Don't think they'll listen though.  

The Holocaust post was horrible, but again, I think you have to look at her mindset.  She has been raised from infancy to believe that abortion is murder.  She has been prohibited in her education and likely has no true understanding of the biology of pregancy, fetal development, etc.  She honestly and truly believes that abortion equals murder.  She has also probably been shown countless gruesome pictures of baby parts and told tales about late term ABs.   

I am not excusing her, but her mindset is narrow largely because she was never allowed to expand it.  Her posts about the Holocaust was probably not an original thought to her, but something she has been taught for years and she just parroted it.  She has been taught that women and their bodies are not of value or to be trusted.  If they are molested, they deserved it for being too immodest.  If they  don't have lots of babies they have less worth.  If they aren't in the mood for sex, it doesn't matter. 

So, when they hear the argument "My body my decision",  they don't understand what the means, because I don't think these girls are able to think of their body as something they have control over.  Even just their communal bedroom and lack of privacy, forced sharing of beds with littles, and required dress codes just reinforces they are not allowed to make decisions about their body. 

So to say My Body, My decision, probably just sounds unimaginable to them. 

On 10/2/2017 at 4:39 PM, The Wanderer said:

Oh boy...the "I survived abortion" campaign continues...

Few people get to rightly claim this.  My mother is in that group.  Her mom tried to abort her, and failed, and ended up in a mental hospital for the attempt.  People like fundies who say they "survived abortion" are like me claiming I "survived a shipwreck."  There's no surviving about something you weren't party to.

I also think that wearing "I survived abortion" t-shirts kinda reflects badly on your mom (or at least the doctor who supposedly performed it). I know that many abortions are of wanted pregnancies that cannot continue for any number of terrible reasons, but a lot are also of unwanted pregnancies. And when your mom is a cult-joining, molestation-enabling, child-beating, neglectful asshole, wearing a t-shirt that at least in part implies that she didn't want you doesn't really help her case.

48 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I also think that wearing "I survived abortion" t-shirts kinda reflects badly on your mom (or at least the doctor who supposedly performed it). I know that many abortions are of wanted pregnancies that cannot continue for any number of terrible reasons, but a lot are also of unwanted pregnancies. And when your mom is a cult-joining, molestation-enabling, child-beating, neglectful asshole, wearing a t-shirt that at least in part implies that she didn't want you doesn't really help her case.

I was trying to figure out how to say something like this, and couldn't get it under more words than I wanted to type.  So I'll just quote this and co-sign.

On 03/10/2017 at 8:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

And to be perfectly honest, they would order abortion pills from other countries. I read that in Ireland, women will eithertravel to another country for an abortion or order abortion medication online. And how safe if that really? They would probably be afraid to go to a doctor if there were issues. . 

Women in Ireland either travel to Britain or Netherlands at their own expense, (often costing min €1,000) or order pills online from Women on Web or Women Help. This is much cheaper. These are registered charities in the Netherlands and ask only for €80 donation. However, the medication is often seized by customs so they will only post to addresses in Northern Ireland now. You have to ask a northern pal (and share your most private business and intentions), or use a PO box. It's unreliable and a giant pain. The Dutch charities will stay in touch throughout process and advise you on what to do in medical emergency and not disclose the abortion. It's 14 years in jail like... not that anyone is ever prosecuted in the south, but NOBODY talks much about it. Our campaign slogan now is Free Safe Legal. Referendum next year although we don't know the wording yet. Definite light at the end of the tunnel 

38 minutes ago, Irishy said:

Women in Ireland either travel to Britain

I have nothing to add other than I'm happy to see you posting again @Irishy

Now get @OkToBeTakei to come back to us!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived