IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

This is probably the most sickening thing he has done yet. 

He must be a narcissist as I can not imagine how anyone would leave a person to die because ‘busy/stuff’

Sorry to quote myself but he explains himself that they weren’t told the man was sick and he apologised for giving that impression. Well I’m relieved to be honest as I couldn’t understand how anyone would be so cruel. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he went with changing the story significantly. 

I tend to not believe John's story. The guy died from poisoning so he most likely looked sick. So it still ends up with John looking at a very sick man and saying "No room". 

3 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Sorry to quote myself but he explains himself that they weren’t told the man was sick and he apologised for giving that impression. Well I’m relieved to be honest as I couldn’t understand how anyone would be so cruel. 

Don't be taken in by his big fat white missionary I'll eat anyone who disagrees with me grin.

He is the star of his own show. Now all he has to do is change the script, edit and throw parts he doesn't like into the magic bin that makes everything disappear. 

John YOUR original version is out there now. Internet forever etc. Director's cuts won't wash it on this story. You are nothing but a humble brag narcissist. 

The edited version:

Spoiler

A Potential New Open Door in the remote Village of Mpima (How the selflessness and thoughtfulness of teenagers opened a door for ministry in a new village)

Our story actually begins with a dying man being rushed (in bush terms and fashion) to the rural clinic in an ox-drawn cart near Mulamba, where our second missions church plant is. He had ingested poison, a crop pesticide, having lost all hope in his desperate situation and seeking to end his life. 

Unknown to us, one of the men in that cart was a Headman, the leader and immediate local government official in a rural village in the Eastern Province of Zambia, about 5 hours away. 

As we drove by, they asked for help to use our vehicle to more quickly get the man to care faster in an attempt to save his life. They did not inform us of the situation, so all I knew was that they wanted to get to the clinic a little quicker. I saw that they had transportation, were not very far from the clinic, and at the time that's all I knew. 

Unaware of the severity of the situation, I told them we had no room, as the Landcruiser was fully loaded both inside and out as we were returning from a missions trip to the Luangwa District area. I could see they had the ox-drawn cart and would be at the clinic in not too many minutes.

It was then that the young men spoke up. Three older teenage boys from our church here in Kafue and my sons, all offered to hang outside the vehicle off the rear bumper and sideboards, so we could get the man and two friends inside (we were off-road, so there was no danger as the road was bad and we had to go slow).

4 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

For everyone's sake, I hope that's the truth. Unfortunately, I don't believe John. He's just the kind of person who would think of himself and his stuff first.

Seriously, John makes atheist me look like a good Christian!

ETA: Even the edited version makes him look bad.

The edited version is fishy. How familiar could he possibly be with roads 5 hours from his house that he knows exactly where on the road he is in relation to a medical clinic that is also 5 hours from his house? 

Its not like these back country roads have mile markers (or are even marked most of the time). I call bullshit. 

True story: we drove to a heavily populated city 5 hours from where we live a few months ago. There are exactly two routes you can take from here to there and both of them are dirt roads for a couple hours of that time. Our driver happens to be from the city we were going to. Our professional driver. Who drives cars for living and has been on that road more than once because it goes to his hometown. He still needed to stop after a turn off, roll down the window, and ask  random person if this was the correct road. And then do the same thing twice further along to ask how much farther it was to the city. 

12 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

At this point, I think John is a good missionary, because he made this atheist going "I hope to God you'll get judged".

I enjoy the idea of a Jack Chick style afterlife where John is forced to watch his life movie with God. This is the point where God will pause it and say "You were going to let a guy die on the side of the road, want to explain that?"

When someone changes their story significantly after being questioned, I have always found the first version of the story is the one most likely to be true. The teens in the car were able to see this guy needed immediate help, so bullshit on John's second story. 

To be fair, John may not have been able to see the man was very ill. He does see the world through narcissistic lenses.

So they didn’t apprise John of the severity of the situation and all he knew was that they wanted to get to the clinic ‘a little quicker’. At this point he might have expressly asked about the severity of the situation, before informing them that the Landcruiser was full.  Seems like something a reasonable person would do right away, seeing that these people were clearly hurrying to the clinic with a patient in an ox-cart.

2 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

So they didn’t apprise John of the severity of the situation and all he knew was that they wanted to get to the clinic ‘a little quicker’. At this point he might have expressly asked about the severity of the situation, before informing them that the Landcruiser was full.  Seems like something a reasonable person would do right away, seeing that these people were clearly hurrying to the clinic with a patient in an ox-cart.

And most people could tell it was likely serious based on the facial expressions.

Thank .s for posting the edited version, @Fascinated

unfortunately, it doesn't help John as much as he might think (this is taken from John Shrader's edited version):

As we drove by, they asked for help to use our vehicle to more quickly get the man to care faster in an attempt to save his life. They did not inform us of the situation, so all I knew was that they wanted to get to the clinic a little quicker. I saw that they had transportation, were not very far from the clinic, and at the time that's all I knew. 

John, you suck at editing.  Go back to writing poetry...or not...

37 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

they asked for help to use our vehicle to more quickly get the man to care faster in an attempt to save his life. They did not inform us of the situation

Oh John, stop digging and put your shovel away. You have already sunk lower than low. No coming back from this mate. You are an idiot. Simples.

Even his edited story is bullshit. He's clearly left some of that crap in, but if people are being "rushed (in bush terms and fashion)" does that not indicate that someone is ill or in dire need of help? Really? They are rushing someone down the road and ask for help, but the Truth Carrier (or was it that vehicle? How many vehicles do you have now, Johnny, as a humble missionary styling himself after Jesus? How many cars was it that Jesus needed again?) was too full to help those who asked.  

That's cool, though!  I'm sure most people who seek to lead a flock a Christians would see sick and dying men on the road, requesting help, as mere roadblocks on the path to God's glory. After all, if they were worth spending time on or saving, they'd have a nice vehicle, like Johnny. 

Funny how time and again he can impose his need to proselytize and preach upon others while never, even listening to anyone else.  Ever.  If it doesn't happen to him, it's not happening.

Even his family is utterly ignored online; we only hear of John's countless attempts at conversions, then ominous silence about the spiritual development of those he's lead to Christ. How does it feel to be the worst missionary, John? Do you think that ignoring the sick and dying makes a positive impression on others? Why would anyone follow someone who is so clearly materialistic, greedy, and self-serving, without a scintilla of God's love in his heart? 

Silly me, though, imagining that John has anything to do with his numerous and unending failures.  Clearly it's Satan! 

John can't even edit the story in a way that makes him look good.  Oh, yes. He would have helped a dying person but he just didn't know.  Like hell.  Suicide by pesticide poisoning is a leading cause of death in developing countries.  The people in the ox-cart absolutely knew the guy was dying and he would have looked REALLY ill.  

So would John have helped someone with a badly broken arm or leg?  Or do nationals have to be actually dying for him to give anyone a lift to the nearest clinic.

For posterity, he also responded to the person who told him off in the comments.  John would have "even" have left a group of guys on the trail if he had known the man was dying.

John Esther Shrader <redacted>, we didn't know the man was dying. They didn't tell us that until after they got in the vehicle. They had transportation, were not that far away, and simply asked if we could get them there more quickly. Had they told me the situation, I would have even left the group of guys on the trail to try and rush the man. Thanks for your thoughts, I can see from my lack of clear explanation how you got that impression.

Thank God John wasn't in Vegas during the shooting. Wounded people were jumping into complete strangers cars begging for rides to the hospital.  We know what he would have done.

EVEN IF John knew that the clinic wasn't far, and he thought that (even though they told him they wanted to save the man's life) it wasn't serious - what kind of a Christian is stopped by people saying "please help us get to the Clinic more quickly" and says "sorry, no, it's inconvenient".

I give him one point for still giving credit to the young men with him - but he can't even name them! (presumably because he doesn't want to let people know who they are, in case they leave him in the future).  

It's like he's so against "works" that he's actively trying to do as few good works as possible!  He bangs on and on about his Bible knowledge, but as everyone says, can't even understand the story of the Good Samaritan.  And this from a man who expects everyone else to fund his lifestyle!

Reading John's post about the dying man gives you an idea of the level of integrity of his followers.  One of their own denies a dying man and no one calls him on it.  When someone finally does he changes his story to make himself look less heathen.  No one calls him on this, either.

What the Fuck is wrong with those people?  Their intentional ignorance(I can't call it anything else) is the opposite of what it means to be a christian.  No one who has an ounce of compassion leaves a man on the road who is sick and dying.  

So, fuck you, John Shrader and all your followers who don't have the guts to tell you you're a pompous, bloviating liar and a false god.  

Christians wonder why people are turning away from christianity in large numbers.  I give you...John. 

I have a question and I don’t want it to sound bad... I mean no offense nor do I mean to snark for snark sakes. I listened to the anniversary video today. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Esther talk until today. I didn’t realize she sounded so much like Pricilla (Keller Waller)... is their speech an accent like from where they are from? Were they taught a specific kind of speech like maybe to talk to small children in a Sunday school setting? Do the other Keller kids have this slow rounded... I don’t really know how to describe it... speech? If Anna once sounded like that she seems to have changed her speech patterns...

3 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Were they taught a specific kind of speech like maybe to talk to small children in a Sunday school setting?

Are you referring to the affected, breathy little girl speech?  It's an attempt to be "meek" and "submissive" by (literally) losing any type of clear, compelling speech. 

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

Are you referring to the affected, breathy little girl speech?  It's an attempt to be "meek" and "submissive" by (literally) losing any type of clear, compelling speech. 

Oh... :/ I wondered if it was some sort of family impediment or just an accent from their region. The Rodrigues kids all seem to have affected speech as well. I I didn’t  know if it’s taught, inherited, regional or what...

It could be some of all those things.  I'd speculate that in some of these poorly educated, homeschooled and insular mega families, that speech peculiarities that might be noticed and addressed by a speech pathologist in a public school are just replicated down the line or assumed to be a peculiarity of a particular child. 

I do recall watching a video about a very large, patriarchal, homeschooling family -- not one that we snark on here.  The father, at least, had a college education and may have been a pastor, he was articulate and confident in his speech.  The video had to do with learning ethnic cooking as a complement to what ever country the kids were studying.   The wife, when she spoke at all,  had the breathy voice and could hardly put together a simple sentence.  My sense was not that she was lacking in intelligence, but it was a cultivated form of deference, never raising the voice and not speaking in complex sentences in order to seem meek and subservient.  Her voice had been stolen.  It was so damn depressing. 

On 11/6/2017 at 10:09 PM, subsaharanafrica said:

What a gem jewl of a human being. 

FTFY.

11 hours ago, Howl said:

My sense was not that she was lacking in intelligence, but it was a cultivated form of deference, never raising the voice and not speaking in complex sentences in order to seem meek and subservient.  Her voice had been stolen.  It was so damn depressing. 

My God how sad...

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived