IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

What a FB flurry! 

Poor Bwalya.  What a long time to wait for loo paper.

Apparently John was also a bit stung by our theory that he did not spend much time with the kids unless he was preaching.  He took them to the "zoo."  Of course he has to bash the "zoo," and it is not as though they don't live within spitting distance of Kafue National Park.  He took them to the "Capitol" instead.  Johnny, dear, we have talked about this before.  Lusaka is the capital city.

Besides John only likes dead animals.  Or their teeth.

Hippo teeth!

Had a fun outing with the children at the closest thing to a "zoo" in our area, not far from the Capitol.

My favorite part of the day?

Seeing the hippo teeth!

Now you can understand how it's so easy for them to tear someone apart.

Africa's deadliest animal, killing the most people every year...as an herbivore!

Very territorial animals.

Had a blessed day with the family.

Very stupid "missionary."

And God is good:

God is good.

Really, really good.

All the time.

I'm in awe of His care for me, what He's done to encourage my heart, my wife's heart, and the hearts of our children.

Fellow servant, maybe you, like us, are in a time of trial and testing.

Maybe it seems like all your efforts to serve the Lord are in vain, or coming to nothing.

Don't quit.

Don't be discouraged.

Examine yourself, make sure your heart and hands are clean before the Lord, then keep going.

Eventually God WILL bring you through the valley, or bring someone along to encourage you, or he may take you to someone for the same.

We have gone through one of the hardest (ministry wise) years of our lives.

But God is so good.

So very good.

Keep your eyes on Him.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.  All this talk of not quitting makes me think John badly wants to quit.

I just clicked on "see what you have in common with John-Esther Shrader's friends" on Face Book.  I got a single hit :

I was a depraved, damned, doomed, hell-bound sinner, but, thank God, I was SAVED Feb. 11, 1968

Oops.  I'm still unsaved.  :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

That man is losing it.  Poor Esther and kids.  I wish his god would tell him to find the nearest hippo and go alone to preach to it.  If he could save a hippo, he could save anyone.

Late to the party with this, but the post about his kids missing his preaching (and not necessarily missing HIM) remind me of how when I was a kid I liked it better when my dad was drunk than when he was sober. 

I mean, that's probably unfair, but it's the first thing that came to mind!

Jeez, John, rob a bank or something.  Knock back a case of beer with your sons and post the photos.  You really need to step up your game.  

Deep in the Bush here in Africa, in the Eastern Province of Zambia.

God is potentially open an effectual door to us here, pray for us!

Bro. John Shrader

I don't think John will actually move deep in the Bush. No ice cubes. 

John won't move into the bush. No decent internet. He would have to drive miles to find an Internet cafe. In Karfue he can retire to his "office"in bed.  

He must be really desperate if he is thinking of uprooting the family now. Esther is pregnant and needs her friends, (I hope she has made some).

God is potentially open an effectual door to us here, pray for us!

OK, here goes: "Dear God, please providentially guide Bro. Shrader's pen and assist him in writing coherent sentences.   I know you grow weary of his endless entreaties; assist him in learning a trade or profession to support his ever expanding family.  God, please help Bro. Shrader understand that your Word can be conveyed through being the living embodiment of kindness and compassion  and offering succinct, pithy homilies, rather than trying to convey your Word in multi-hour scream fests. Please help Bro. Shrader learn to share the largesse showered upon him by his American leg humpers."  

I suspect this is just another village he can drive to, eat all their food, assault their ears for hours,  take some pictures and pat himself on the back, use the pics for fundraising back home and drive off. 

John likes his creature comforts.  He just wants to pretend he's planting another church.

Flanders and Swann wrote a song about John.  I only had to change a few words. ;)

The Dead Bore.

If you hear a loud 'whoosh'
In the African bush
And an animal comes to the fore
Who is basically pig
But less hairy and big
You will know you have met with a Bore

You are glued to the spot;
Will he convert you or not?
You need to have fears about that
Now he's made you stand fast
And you're cornered at last
All he wants is a long little chat.

But don't be misled;
Soon you'll wish you were dead
And your head will be feeling quite sore -
For Oh, Oh, what a bore he is, what a thundering thumping bore!

In monotonous moans he will tell you his groans
When his converts escaped from his church.
And he'll tell you his wife, who is sick of this life,
Is pregnant and left in the lurch.

He will say with despair, that men run from his snare
But his sermons are awfully long
He will proudly confide that he really has tried
But those heathens just keep going wrong!

There was a conversation in the pictures from Singapore about how John was so much taller than everyone there. One of the people responded with this picture:

Spoiler

59fa1d3843861_johnshorter.jpg.6d4b02001d310fda161cd7171de56f62.jpg

And wrote this:

Thankfully we have another specimen of us Asian Baptists that dwarfed the American Baptis

I bet John wasn't happy that there was a guy taller than him. 

You were up late @Gobsmacked and John is up early and active on Facebook:

Evangelising at The Compound with more tracts:

Spoiler

IMG_6036.thumb.PNG.3f724051201ac2c8f2ed05a89e7a31d7.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_6037.thumb.PNG.cb7cc11c3be755a43b1497cb3541dd70.PNG

Raging about the reformation:

Spoiler

IMG_6038.thumb.PNG.df2e0f47eb58f94f4ba7401c855160a3.PNG

IMG_6039.thumb.PNG.a410facacc15eda62c765eec5cc46b5a.PNG

IMG_6040.thumb.PNG.aaf1bcf9ec4f2fe6f8cc42a0a5aba33b.PNG

IMG_6041.thumb.PNG.82fd54847874596bafbb0dc2c2a758e3.PNG

IMG_6042.thumb.PNG.e6f549628d0f1c992ba5ac78521c5883.PNG

Warning about John's version of the afterlife and judgemental comment about priorities:

Spoiler

IMG_6043.thumb.PNG.630ec2d8fac1062c63e0742644ac97c8.PNG

On 11/1/2017 at 9:41 AM, Howl said:

I suspect this is just another village he can drive to, eat all their food, assault their ears for hours,  take some pictures and pat himself on the back, use the pics for fundraising back home and drive off. 

I could imagine some town/village that has rivalries with other towns/villages (I dunno, sports teams or something) going "oh, we are all too busy worshiping Satan while wearing tank tops and working for a living...but you know, that village down the road sure needs to get right with the lord..."

Just a bunch of Zambian villages playing Hot Potato with John Shrader.

Folk will possibly read John's posh loo paper on a warm lazy Sunday afternoon because hey! Why not. Strange white guy wearing hunting jacket in town? Let's see what he has to say. Ok read it. Back to relaxing on a warm lazy Sunday afternoon. 

A Potential New Open Door in the remote Village of Mpima (How the selflessness and thoughtfulness of teenagers opened a door for ministry in a new village)

Why does he randomly capitalize words? 

Our story actually begins with a dying man being rushed (in bush terms and fashion) to the rural clinic in an ox-drawn cart near Mulamba, where our second missions church plant is. He had ingested poison, a crop pesticide, having lost all hope in his desperate situation and seeking to end his life.

A  man's life is in danger and he needs to be rushed to get medical attention so he won't die.

As we drove by, they asked for help to use our vehicle to more quickly get the dying man to care faster in an attempt to save his life.

It sounds like John was planning on just driving right past these people who were clearly in dire need of help, specifically a vehicle so they could hopefully save a person's life. Now, I might be a heathen, but if I was in this situation, I would be doing whatever I could to help. But John, being the  world's worst missionary, doesn't.

I told them we had no room, as the Landcruiser was fully loaded both inside and out as we were returning from a missions trip to the Luangwa District area.

That is right, John looked at a dying man and said "Nope". Notice he calls it the Landcruiser and not the Truth Carrier like he typically does. It is like John read the story of the Good Samaritan and decided to be the priest who came up with excuses on why he couldn't help.

It was then that the young men spoke up. Three older teenage boys from our church here in Kafue and my sons, all offered to hang outside the vehicle off the rear bumper and sideboards, so we could get the man and two friends inside (we were off-road, so there was no danger as the road was bad and we had to go slow).

So basically these teens were horrified John was going to let a man die and figured out a way to make room. 

Although sadly the friend died, the Headman later read the vernacular Nyanja tract carefully, and then contacted us, repeatedly asking us to come and preach the Gospel in their village. Finally, we were able to go.

Is John sure they wanted him and not the teens who showed a true Christ like attitude?

We've now spent three and a half years here in Zambia, and though we've experienced rejection, heartache, and false accusations from both sides of the world, cast at us like arrows and firebrands, from both Americans, Zambians, and Burundians, we are at peace.

Well, time to make everything all about John. John, you were going to let a guy die without offering help, no wonder no one likes you.

If you've seen our last full length video, "Fruit To Your Account," you know that things looked really good about one year ago.

We thought that God had brought us genuinely faithful men to teach and train to reach their own people, in Zambia, Burundi, and beyond.

Sadly, every man in that video except Phellion and David, the two men leading our second missions church plant in Mulamba village, have forsaken, stolen church equipment, and all of them gone into sin.

John is still bitter he can't use that video. He spent hours trying to strap a camera onto the landcruiser(more time than he spent figuring out how to get a man to medical help), and he can't even use it. 

By "go into sin" John means they saw him for who he is, a selfish asshole who uses people and who would look at a dying man and say "no room". 

We've carefully handled souls with all the care and reverence we could, desiring genuine fruit that remains. We usually spend three to five hours or more throughly explaining the Gospel, knowing that Zambians are very agreeable, have been inundated with much false teaching of "salvation" through works, and we don't press for a decision, for we have seen that Zambians will quickly pray in order to "try" the next "version" of the "gospel" to see if this time, maybe, it will "work."

Stop thinking of them as "fruit" that you own John and start thinking of them as humans who might actually teach you something. 

The road was very bad in places, but God gave us the exact vehicle we needed to reach such rural places! As we drove into the village, we passed the small circular huts, made by weaving split saplings together, then coating with mud, then finishing with a elephant-grass thatched roof!

Did John get a different vehicle?

We had two preaching sessions the following day.

They even fed us, which never has been offered in the villages we have gone into before. This is the first village, though, where the invitation came to us first, and from the Headman himself.

John seems a bit put out that none of the other villages have offered them food. 

We will be going back in two or three weeks, so please pray for the village of Mpima.

This village will soon learn John takes, he doesn't give.

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Zambians are very agreeable, have been inundated with much false teaching of "salvation" through works

Yeah, John won't be saved by his works. That's why he thinks it's ok to let a man die on the side of the road because there's no room in his car. Because doing a good work like that won't mean anything to God since John is already saved. :pb_eek: :my_sick:

He's a monster.

27 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

That's why he thinks it's ok to let a man die on the side of the road because there's no room in his car

The way it is written it sounds like John didn't even want to stop! How can his followers not be horrified by this?! John was going to let a man die on the side of the road! This is a new low even for John! I'm shocked he even confessed to such horrific behavior. 

John....seriously, if I was a true believer, I'd say that God was testing you by trying to get you to re-enact the Parable of the Good Samaritan, but there is really no better set-up. You seriously fucking blew it. Thankfully for that poor man, those teenage boys and your sons were there. 

If there is a God, John is definitely going to hell. 

I couldn't imagine driving past a dying man instead of helping him. How about putting the teens to work by having them quickly unload the car to make room for the man? It is just stuff! John could have gritted replacements if the stuff got damaged by promoting himself as a Good Samaritan. He could have driven faster if he didn't have teens hanging off the Landcruiser. How does he have any supporters left?

I cannot believe what I just read. He just told his followers that as a missionary he would leave a dying man by the side of the road. Then he switches vanes to complain about people he said left him (escaped is more accurate)... he’s a rambling mess. I was this close to commenting because I’m appalled none of his shoe lickers have made a negative comment... but then I’d be all banned and stuff. He’s a pathetic, disgusting excuse... ugh. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Although sadly the friend died, the Headman later read the vernacular Nyanja tract carefully, and then contacted us, repeatedly asking us to come and preach the Gospel in their village. Finally, we were able to go.

Well, all’s well that ends well.  That John was able to satisfy their desperate entreaties for him to preach in their village is such a happy result that I cannot bring myself to feel any sadness for the death of this poor man.  

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived