IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

John's ministry seems to have moved on from trying to keep converts in his church to distributing his self-printed tracts in large volume.  

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John is hanging on by the edge of his fingers. Has he explained which of his own flesh is against him?

Hope Esther is still ok? I've missed a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

John is hanging on by the edge of his fingers. Has he explained which of his own flesh is against him?

Hope Esther is still ok? I've missed a lot. 

She's still pregnant.  Maybe Daddy Shrader turned against him.

Daddy probably is going to have a hard time getting money out of his congregation after the flooding, so he might be a bit miffed if John is begging him for new toys. It has been a couple months since John got something new to play with and he can't even use the trailer daddy sent him. 

i love that picture in front of the church with all his family and the other church goers - all his kids are smiling SO hard and all the zambian kids are almost scowling. at best their expressions are neutral. maybe it's a cultural thing about smiling for cameras, but i like to imagine it's bc they hated john's service so much they can't even bring themselves to smile. don't keep sweet, children!

Did anyone mention the post about the kids being excited that their chicken laid an egg? They seem super excited about this chicken (in a fake sort of way). 

What about all those chickens they had, what? Not even a year ago? This is just an odd thing to post about. 

John quantifies his success in preaching by the hours he blathers. Add the time for translation on top of that, no wonder those children look bored and over it.

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Did anyone mention the post about the kids being excited that their chicken laid an egg? They seem super excited about this chicken (in a fake sort of way). 

I guess if the kids have seen all the chicks get sick and die, they could be excited to see one survive enough to lay an egg?

Chickengate chicks were being raised for meat, so presumably never got to the egg laying stage (if they were females). 

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Chickengate chicks were being raised for meat, so presumably never got to the egg laying stage (if they were females). 

Everything I know about farming I learned from Laura Ingalls Wilder, but don't you always keep some female chickens, to lay eggs to hatch into the next batch of chickens?  Otherwise you only have 1 generation of meat birds, no?  I admit, I am probably wrong, but isn't it eat the young roosters first, then the less good layers, and when laying chickens stop, they get made into soups etc?

ETA too many ? in there, oops!

Rufus knows about chickens.  John certainly doesn't.  I doubt he would know a chicken from a rooster.

And here is a weird thing about the chicken that laid an egg.  In one post this "village" chicken was given to the kids by faithful David (along with some groundnuts) and, fast forward a couple of days, nope.  Said "village" chicken was given by Bro. Phellion.  

Perhaps John thinks that all African converts look alike.  And what is a "village" chicken anyway? 

And John is really pushing his toilet paper production.

Hot off the Presses! 25,000 Tracts in September!

(Monthly Printing Report with totals)

Another 1,000 John and Romans plus 3,000 Gospel tracts prepped and distributed this Saturday morning in our massive Compound today, still working on covering every house.

I'm printing the final tract printings this afternoon for the September print runs.

The printing totals for September will work out to:

25,000 Total Tracts, which required...

71 reams of paper

35,500 total pieces of paper

66,000 total print runs

Didn't count the boxes of ink and total Masters made. I'll track that next month.

The massive "compound" that magically appeared when John's church went kaput.  Check.

And no, sweetie, do count the boxes of ink and so on.  Inquiring minds want to know what they are paying for.

The vernacular tracts each require 2 pieces of paper, four print runs per tract, then hand collation and stapling. Lot of work per tract! 10,000 of the 25,000 tracts were Nyanja and Bemba!)

But what do they say?  Or, rather, what does John think they say? 

3,000 of the tracts were for another National Baptist Pastor in Kalalushi,

Who?  Identify him or it did not happen.

the other 22,000 were printed for our two church plants, TBBC here in Kafue and FBBC in Mulamba village.

Given the fact that John says Mulamba Village is tiny (and has a congregation of 10 - including kids) and the Kafue church is practically moribund why 22,000?  And don't pretend to be ligit by giving those "churches" acronyms.

We're approaching half a MILLION print runs on the two copiers! AMEN!!!!

Why not grift for another new copier.  And half a million in 2-3 years is pathetic as this was supposed to be a print ministry.

That's a lotta "Seed."

Please pray with us that it finds good "soil."

Thank you Supporters and Prayer Warriors.

To God be the Glory.

Sorry, John, your "seed" is already "soiled" by your ego, bad translations, and your fake "Christianity."

Shrader pisses me off beyond belief!  :angry-banghead:

Toilet paper for Zambia? Is this because of all the shit he spews???

20 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Toilet paper for Zambia? Is this because of all the shit he spews???

Probably because all those tracts he prints and hands out get used for toilet paper. 

33 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Probably because all those tracts he prints and hands out get used for toilet paper. 

Exactly.  It was from a comment in the last thread.

Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense. I find it hard to keep up with the Shrader clusterfuck and just jump in when I can (before quickly scrambling out again). 

Actually, I hope he's printing one-sided, leaving a clean side to be used by others -- students, business people, families.  

I thought of a potential name for John's product:   "Shrader's Shitter Sheets".  

10 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Exactly.  It was from a comment in the last thread.

We had Purveyor of Sanctified Toilet Paper as a post count title at one point.  I think it originated with John and Rea's Burundi trip when we suggested that people were selling his tracts as the best American toilet paper.  It may have been dropped because John has given us so many other good post count titles since then.:laughing-rollingred:

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Actually, I hope he's printing one-sided, leaving a clean side to be used by others -- students, business people, families.  

Except he doesn't.  :(

John is in a manic phase, so start the countdown!   It's just a matter of time until Satan is knock, knock, knocking at his door and John is hiding under the covers. 

16 hours ago, Lurky said:

Everything I know about farming I learned from Laura Ingalls Wilder, but don't you always keep some female chickens, to lay eggs to hatch into the next batch of chickens?  Otherwise you only have 1 generation of meat birds, no?  I admit, I am probably wrong, but isn't it eat the young roosters first, then the less good layers, and when laying chickens stop, they get made into soups etc?

ETA too many ? in there, oops!

Depends on the breed, the way they're kept (cages or roaming free) and the presence of a rooster. Some breeds are so overbred that the female chickens don't bother with hatching eggs.

Never mind that the rate for naturally hatched eggs can be pretty low, since the hens don't know if an egg is fertilised or not. My parents' most successful hen one year started with ten eggs and wound up with two chicks. Mostly it was just easier to go to the annual chick market, and buy a new batch from professional human breeders, who can tell if an egg is fertilised and breed selectively.

So, yes, depending on the breed you only ever end up with one generation, even if they roam free and have a rooster present. Selling eggs isn't really profitable, unless you do it on a huge scale, for which you need land and resources. Selling chicken to eat is somewhat more profitable. And yes, you slaughter the surplus of roosters first, especially in a small flock, or else they will do nothing but fight.

And as an aside, since I don't know how true this is for chicken breeds, my parents also kept turkeys for meat. Those were so, so overbred that they had to be artificially inseminated, I am told. Don't ask me how that works. I wasn't interested enough in the turkeys to find out.

Source: A childhood spent around chickens, turkeys, geese and ducks.

@samurai_sarah Have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver?  She and her family spend a year as rather extreme locavores.  They had heirloom turkeys purchased, but were eventually able to get the males and females to figure things out.  They did have to work at it, including locating old animal husbandry books and setting up a male and female in a large barn area for some private time...but eventually the turkey hens got broody and they were able to hatch some.  Clearly a small scale model, but worth noting that success is possible.

We had chickens when I was a kid, and most of the hens weren't interested in motherhood.  However, we eventually got one who would sit on as many eggs as possible as often as possible.  Some of her offspring inherited that tendency toward broodiness, but she was rather a rare bird.

Have we discussed these comments from way back in September? Notable bc he acknowledges the failed coop that I always see speculation about. Hilarious bc even though he built a church it doesn't really count as church building bc they're going to make the churchgoers build the walls. (Also am I crazy or wasn't he the one who was v against church planting?)

But just straight amazing bc he's so defensive about the word compound here and yet not a month later we see him describing his setup as a "massive compound". ROFL. 

All of the apologies if this has already been covered and I missed it  

IMG_6695.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_6697.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_6699.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_6700.PNG

@picklepizzas That explanation for why the chicken farm failed!

We did build a chicken coop using locally made concrete blocks.  When that endeavor failed (multiple reasons, but those men are no longer following the word of God)

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Nice deflection and blaming there!

Also "we never solicit funds" is killing me!  I guess he could get away with saying they don't directly ask for them publicly on his FB, but IMO the passive aggressive hinting and manipulation with a very overt intention of getting money is worse.  But in my book all the "please pray that we get given XYZ" is the worst code in the world for "send me more money".

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived