IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

John has a new prayer letter up. In it he mentions the two year old who died. This time he claims he did everything possible to try and save the child including helping get medication and taking him to the hospital. I call bullshit on this because John didn't even bother to ask for people to pray for this child! If he didn't do the minimum of asking for prayer,then he didn't go out of his way to get the child medical care. And if he had of gotten the child medical care, he would have mentioned it it in his original post. I am pretty sure John reads here and decided to change things up to make himself look less horrible. It didn't work John, you are still a missionary who requests prayers(something you claim is more important than anything else) for yourself constantly, but didn't do that for a sick child. Shame on you. You sure aren't being a good witness for Jesus. The god your serve is yourself. 

Also John is getting ready to leave very pregnant Esther so he can travel to Mozambique. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously.  John's story about giving all that help to little Phinos would ring far more truthfully if he'd asked for prayers, or even mentioned the Mwemba family, before the child died.  John just milks the funeral and burial for all they are worth. 

John, if you want us to believe you are helping church members or the local population with rides to the hospital and in getting meds, then do mention it in advance.  Think "Little Phinos is on the roof and can't get down.  Please pray.  Little Phinos just fell off the roof ..." and so on.

I would also think the child's death would have been much harder on his mother than on Esther, John.

He really doesn't have much news to report in that prayer letter.  Continued littering the "compound" with tracts.  Check.

Reaching out to villages.  Check.  Although the God has laid it on my heart to translate for his leghumpers:  "We have been going where the Lord opens the doors, no matter the distance or how far.Ignoring the redundancy of distance and far, this really means "I have to travel a long way to find people who don't know my bad reputation in Kafue.  I had to travel 9 whole hours to the Eastern Province this month."  

Bros. David Banda and Brian seem to be the new Roderick and Arcade.  We'll see.

Mr. Penwell is still holding out, thank Rufus, although John is "very confident" he'll convert him soon.

And, yeah.  John "just got a call" asking him to go to Mozambique while he was writing this prayer letter.  What a coinkydink. You'd think he would need to consolidate things in Kafue before he rushed off to other countries, but this is John. 

I'm fairly sure their guestimate for the latest sprog's arrival was December 16th.  So best wishes for Esther and the baby this weekend.  I hope he arrives safely before John takes off for Mozambique.  And beyond.

John seems to have completely forgotten about his Burden for Burundi.

37 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

I'd almost forgotten!  

And he reminded us of the pronunciation again too. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Still a Plonking Bellend then? A Shrader doesn't change his spots. Poor Esther. I hope the local ladies are supportive of her. They possibly are because the locals seem to have realised what a useless Pratt Johnboy is. Hopefully they can provide Esther the support she will not get off the father of the 2017 model. I really detest that phrase Johnny. 

John wrote another poem. I stopped reading after "Though many call for compromise, from doctrine tried and true".

Here it is for the blocked people just in case they want to read it.

There are Others (new poem by js)

When Elijah got discouraged he felt like he was the only one standing for the Truth.

God had to remind him there were thousands of others who were also staying faithful.

Preacher, Missionary, faithful Church member, the devil will seek to discourage you and I with the very same lie.

We may be isolated and alone, like Elijah of old was at that moment, but let us reflect and remember what what revealed and reminded Elijah of.

There are others.

Others friends, yes others, who've not bowed the knee to Baal
That stand for timeless Truth, in God's strength they can not fail
Though many cry for compromise, from doctrines tried and true
There are others still yet standing, though yet unknown to you
The Devil loves to tempt us, and lie that we're alone
He hates the faithful Christian who keeps God upon His Throne
For compromise is rampant, so much doctrinal decay
As standards are abandoned, separation cast away
Younger men don't know the history of the sacrifices made
The "Trail of Truth" is bloodstained, with martyrs lives is paved
In this day the cry is "tolerance," separation is decried
And the ones so quick to falter forget the countless that have died
Our historic Baptist brethren, though known by different names
Have this precious truth in common, from God's Truth could not be swayed
Yes there are many quick to abandon, to call and cry for change
They say we must be "relevant" in this wicked world today
They forget that all forsook Christ, in John 6 (except the Twelve)
They forget that Jesus' preaching, saw Him to a cross be nailed 
For the Lord never called for compromise, and his disciples suffered loss 
It cost them health and freedom, they truly took up their cross
We see fiery John the Baptist, the boldness of Peter and of Paul
And likewise our Baptists fathers, for whose deaths the "Reformers" called
They stood for separation, from false brethren and these dark days
They paid the price for standing, they oft' died at early age 
So when the Devil tempts you, and others standing you can't see
Just remember there are others, who will never bow their knee
They will not kiss the idols, that so many have today
Even if they're mocked and ridiculed, their resolve it will not sway
So stand fast beloved brethren, do not falter do not fail
For there are yet thousands of others, who've not bowed their knee to Baal.

Bro. John Shrader 
Historic Biblical Baptist Missionary 
Zambia

*I Kings 19:18

Well, that was a little dark.  I think Bro. Bombast would like us to consider him a martyr for the cause, but without having to go through actual pain or even inconvenience. 

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Just remember there are others, who will never bow their knee

So...is this an Ode to Roy Moore?  Where does he find the time to pen this awful stuff? 

If there is a God, She will stop John Shrader from writing bad poetry!

John makes me feel so good about any poetry I've ever written. Thank you, John!

I’m a bit intrigued by the link he posted about the number of African languages without any translation of the Bible seems a bit...misleading. The number alone makes it look like this is a dark continent where half the population can’t read the Bible because no one ever translated it for them. That is ridiculous.

Obviously a generalization, but people here speak way more languages than do Americans. I don’t think I have ever met an African from any part of the continent who isn’t multilingual. It’s not uncommon for people to have two or three mother tongues that they grew up speaking—their tribal language, the main language of the country, and the European language most spoken there. 

Take for example somewhere like Tanzania: there are well over 100 tribal languages in the country. Education does not happen in tribal languages.  Unless your parents shell out big money for an English language school, everybody learns to read in Swahili. Surprise of all surprises there are multiple Swahili translations of the Bible.

Translating it into a random tribal language for use in Tanzania is kind of pointless because anyone who would need it (because they’ve not been educated in Swahili) very likely can’t read to begin with (because again, they’ve not been educated). Anyone who can read is fluent in one of the languages the Bible is in. 

Per a comment on the prayer letter, it seems like they know the baby is a boy. Did we know that? (Do they know that? Or are they just assuming it's male until proven otherwise? Does Esther get any prenatal care from medical professionals that would allow her to know the sex?)

ETA: Was delighted to learn something new from his prayer letter, tho! so cool that chisobe means lost! 

On 12/15/2017 at 6:36 PM, CTRLZero said:

So...is this an Ode to Roy Moore?  Where does he find the time to pen this awful stuff? 

I think John has plenty of time to wax poetic...:my_sick:

Get ready for some "shocking" testimony! Or maybe not.

You just can't fully tell from the pictures, but we crammed 35 people into the minibus today! Double what it's suppose to hold! That's ok for going slow on back dirt roads and picking people for church from the Compound.

Esther just told me that EVERY single seat was occupied in church today, and they had to bring another row of chairs from the Children's Sunday School as well! It was such an encouragement to see.

Around or maybe over 100 folks with adults and older youth, but who's counting! (John is)

God REALLY helped me with the teaching and preaching today. I could strongly sense the precious Holy Spirit leading and helping me.

It was a true blessing.

You may be reading a shocking testimony soon, I won't say anything, but someone decided to "come clean" today after the service.

We'll see what happens, I'm not "getting my hopes up," but God may be doing a real work in someone's heart.

If so, it will be an answer to much agonizing prayer on behalf of this individual.

Time will tell.

Thanks for your prayers friends.

3 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Translating it into a random tribal language for use in Tanzania is kind of pointless because anyone who would need it (because they’ve not been educated in Swahili) very likely can’t read to begin with (because again, they’ve not been educated). Anyone who can read is fluent in one of the languages the Bible is in. 

Also, a lot of those languages may not have a standardized writing system, or any writing system at all. Bit hard to translate the Bible into a language that's almost entirely oral. 

In general I hate the "Do They Know It's Christmas?" type bullshit people do about Africa. Yes, Bob Geldof/John Shrader, they do fucking know it's Christmas. Because there have been Christians in Africa since antiquity. Ethiopia has been officially Christian since the 4th Century. And then you white dudes came along and decided you had to make everyone else Christian, whether they wanted to be or not. Christianity is ridiculously widespread in Africa. If you're going there as a missionary, it's like trying to sell chocolate bars to Oompa-Loompas. 

Target has washcloths, an 8-pack for $2.99 (yes, I know, shipping and all that, but, still...) It cannot possibly be cheaper to make washcloths. As for rags - tear apart old towels. What's needed to sew?

More poetry from John.

I've been mistreated and ridiculed

By those on FreeJInger

I will not be ruled or fooled.

I can't help it if no one wants god

Or wants to be walking around in a great big fog

Or sitting on a log, maybe taking a jog

I like to write poetry

That is just for me

Especially when I hurt my knee

But I know that Esther's here to pick up the slack

When I'm on my back in the sack.

She's expecting our eleventh any minute

She's a great wife no matter how you pin it

We're all init to winit.

Johnny Boy of the Great Sahara.  We're probably moving soon.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, CTRLZero said:

"Automatic writing" anyone?  (Where a disembodied spirit guides the hand and pen of a living person in order to communicate)

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

You just can't fully tell from the pictures, but we crammed 35 people into the minibus today! Double what it's suppose to hold! That's ok for going slow on back dirt roads and picking people for church from the Compound.

Sure, but forget about picking up desperately ill people in need of a faster ride to a hospital.

You just can't fully tell from the pictures, but we crammed 35 people into the minibus today!

So the Troupie or Truthymobile is now a minibus.  And we can't tell from the pictures.

Double what it's suppose to hold! That's ok for going slow on back dirt roads and picking people for church from the Compound.

Actually it is not really OK.  Even supposing we believe you about the numbers.

The saying goes, "How many people can you fit in a vehicle in Africa?" The answer, "Just one more!"

True.  And a few goats.  Again, if we believe you.  

Esther just told me that EVERY single seat was occupied in church today, and they had to bring another row of chairs from the Children's Sunday School as well! It was such an encouragement to see.

Esther had to tell you?  Where were you?  And actually there are not 100 seats in your "church' in any photo I have seen.

Around or maybe over 100 folks with adults and older youth, but who's counting!

John Shrader is counting.  Frantically.  And probably exaggerating.

God REALLY helped me with the teaching and preaching today. I could strongly sense the precious Holy Spirit leading and helping me.

When you get a "high" like this we have learned to expect a low.

You may be reading a shocking testimony soon, I won't say anything, but someone decided to "come clean" today after the service.

It would be a true Christmas Miracle if that person were John Shrader.

We'll see what happens, I'm not "getting my hopes up," but God may be doing a real work in someone's heart.

Or not.  I despair of your God doing a real work in your heart, John.  You go from bad to worse.  

If so, it will be an answer to much agonizing prayer on behalf of this individual.

Time will tell.

Time will indeed tell.

I fully expect John to be attacked by Satan in January.  If not before.

I do hope the kids have a nice Christmas and Esther and the new baby are OK.

4 hours ago, Carol said:

More poetry from John.

I've been mistreated and ridiculed

By those on FreeJInger

I will not be ruled or fooled.

I can't help it if no one wants god

Or wants to be walking around in a great big fog

Or sitting on a log, maybe taking a jog

I like to write poetry

That is just for me

Especially when I hurt my knee

But I know that Esther's here to pick up the slack

When I'm on my back in the sack.

She's expecting our eleventh any minute

She's a great wife no matter how you pin it

We're all init to winit.

Johnny Boy of the Great Sahara.  We're probably moving soon.

You can't fool me, there isn't a single exclamation point!  :pb_lol:  (Seriously, half the reason I can't make it through John's masterpieces is the exclam abuse.)

Has FJ ever had a pome-off? I feel like there has been in the past, but then I imagine a lot of things. Or maybe I just like the idea of how a few Shrader parodies would fry Johnny Boy's nads.

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Also, a lot of those languages may not have a standardized writing system, or any writing system at all. Bit hard to translate the Bible into a language that's almost entirely oral. 

In general I hate the "Do They Know It's Christmas?" type bullshit people do about Africa. Yes, Bob Geldof/John Shrader, they do fucking know it's Christmas. Because there have been Christians in Africa since antiquity. Ethiopia has been officially Christian since the 4th Century. And then you white dudes came along and decided you had to make everyone else Christian, whether they wanted to be or not. Christianity is ridiculously widespread in Africa. If you're going there as a missionary, it's like trying to sell chocolate bars to Oompa-Loompas. 

Exactly. John would use groups like the Copts and Ethiopian Orthodox in one breath to point out that the Catholic Church wasn’t the only church prior to the Reformation and then in the next breath try to save them because he doesn’t think they’re Christians either. I’m sick and tired of the constant infantilization of people who are more intelligent than he is. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived