IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John Esther Shrader <redacted>, we didn't know the man was dying. They didn't tell us that until after they got in the vehicle. They had transportation, were not that far away, and simply asked if we could get them there more quickly. Had they told me the situation, I would have even left the group of guys on the trail to try and rush the man. Thanks for your thoughts, I can see from my lack of clear explanation how you got that impression.

Does anyone else think Esther might have written this?  Both wording and syntax don't sound like John.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Were they taught a specific kind of speech like maybe to talk to small children in a Sunday school setting? Do the other Keller kids have this slow rounded... I don’t really know how to describe it... speech? If Anna once sounded like that she seems to have changed her speech patterns...

Yes, Priscilla and Esther do sound alike.  It isn't an accent - it is squeaky baby talk and quite popular with some Fundie women.  Quite a few of them sound as though they are channeling Michelle Duggar - and she's squeaky baby talk on acid.

I don't think Anna ever sounded anything like that but I could be wrong.

@gustava, I agree now you mention it.  That sounds far too reasonable and polite for John.  It sounds far more like Esther.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:08 PM, SPHASH said:

John is a cunt.

He most certainly is not a cunt!

He's not warm or deep enough. 

10 hours ago, Marshmallow World said:

He doesn't give any pleasure at all!

(I personally am trying super-hard not to use that word as an insult, as cunts are such amazing things, and it really bothers me that the word thing someone can be called is a woman's body part)

Is may be my imagination but I think John edited the grandparents' anniversary post.  He now references the "blooper" at the end of the video. 

:562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave: Hi, John. 

How's the juice diet - or have you stopped eating meat instead?  Are the wings back on the plane yet?  Bought any new expensive toys recently?

And when are you leaving Zambia? 

10 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Is may be my imagination but I think John edited the grandparents' anniversary post.  He now references the "blooper" at the end of the video. 

:562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave: Hi, John. 

Yes he did. That wasn't there before. How does one edit FB posts without showing the edit? His "I wanted to leave a guy to die on the side of the road" post was also edited but doesn't show it. 

Do you think John is trying to tell us something.  :)

On 11/8/2017 at 8:45 AM, Palimpsest said:

I don't think Anna ever sounded anything like that but I could be wrong.

Anna used to have a very deep voice in season 1. She sounds like a completely different person. I also think I remember Priscilla not sounding so "off" until she got married. 

On 11/8/2017 at 7:46 PM, Marshmallow World said:

I think scrotum is a far better insult: you're a wrinkly, smelly, oversensitive skin bag that just dangles around and causes more trouble than you're worth.

@nastyhobbitses that is my new favorite insult. "You scrotum!" I think I'll use it in place of "fuck," too. "Oh, scrotum!" "What the scrotum?"
Yeah, I'm weird. And I swear a lot.

8 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

@nastyhobbitses that is my new favorite insult. "You scrotum!" I think I'll use it in place of "fuck," too. "Oh, scrotum!" "What the scrotum?"
Yeah, I'm weird. And I swear a lot.

The Scottish version is Bawbag. A well used insult.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:05 AM, Lurky said:

He doesn't give any pleasure at all!

(I personally am trying super-hard not to use that word as an insult, as cunts are such amazing things, and it really bothers me that the word thing someone can be called is a woman's body part)

I hang out with a lot of Australians online.  They use the C word much different (and WAY more freely) than we do here.  So this was me in voice chat for quite a while :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::pink-shock::shocked::mouse-shock::shock:

I no longer cringe and have to pick my jaw up off the floor everytime someone uses the term on another person in the voice chat or when talking about people, but haven't gotten to the point where I can embrace using it myself.

John has another long post to share his "knowledge" with the world on how to be a missionary.

I know several people currently on deputation.

Recently, I saw a post that simple said,

Deputation is ______________? (Fill in the blank)

Typically, fill in the blank means a word or two, not an entire essay. 

This was my reply. Maybe it can help or encourage a current or future missionary.

...a time of testing, revealing, preparing, and, if allowed, a time of teaching the missionary to trust fully by faith in God before going to the field.

Some are on the field with less than a year of deputation (ours was 11.5 months, and the vast majority of our supporting churches we had no prior knowledge of, connection to, did not call, were not because of a fellowship or certain group), and others take 2-3 years in this process.

I'm convinced that more preparation time makes a difference. I would personally love to see pastors and the sending churches take an active role in preparing and sending, as exemplified in Acts 13. I'm a nobody and I know nothing(he needed to end right here. Adding the but shows that he doesn't actually believe he is a nobody who knows nothing, he was just humble bragging.), but IMHO, the "process" of deputation today more closely resembles a marketing plan which incorporates many of the world's philosophies, procedures and processes, instead of the N.T. pattern and missions of old. I encourage any potential missionary to study the history of Missions and missionaries, and I recommend Hudson Taylor (Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret) and George Muller as a great starting point. Both never publicized needs, Muller had 70,000+ documented direct answers to prayer, prayed in millions of dollars, supported not only orphans, but foreign missions to the tune of thousands of dollars monthly (in the 1800's no less!), and Hudson Taylor determined to not go to China as a missionary until he learned to "Move men, through God, by prayer, and prayer alone." Taylor actually later demanded/required that no public offering be collected in the meetings he spoke in after he became well known.

We sought to be a servant to the pastors and churches, never asked a single church to support us financially, did not mention finances in our video presentation or on our display, and do not publish our needs on the field on FB, in emails, or through our prayer letters. Especially not our prayer letters. I only report AFTER God supplies. We follow Matt. 6:6.(Who is the person who met John on deputation? I would like to see John survive without his daddy finding him money.)

I'm not boasting nor looking for arguments. Don't have the time.(You are boasting John. This is pure boasting about how you are better than other missionaries. Why don't you have time? You seem to live on FB.) Missionaries, I know you know this, but may I humbly remind you? The pastors and churches already know "Go, Give, Pray." They already know you need financial support. May I exhort you to focus on what Paul asked for?

Prayer.

I know he taught on giving, but did he once ever ask for himself? Or did he thank those that did after the fact (see Phil. 4)?

I would like to simply invite any missionary (or potential missionary) that's tired of the man-focused, man-oriented, man-originated approaches of pushing and peddling and "persisting" (which is actually pestering...I know, grew up in the ministry, dad's pastored 40+ years, extremely missions-minded church, and I pastored for 10 years before God allowed us to come to Africa),(This doesn't sound right. He was an assistant pastor of his dad's church, then he became a pastor of his own church, but that didn't last long.) if you would like to contact me, I'll share some of what God has done regarding equipment, vehicles, support, etc.

Without asking men.

It's really quite thrilling! Much glory for God, and Him alone! No man can take credit! Really wonderful actually!

But don't contact me please if you want to debate.

Not interested.(John is making it pretty damn clear he can't defend his beliefs and would wilt at the first push back.)

Faith pleases God. Best definition we have of Faith is Hebrews 11:1, and verse 6 tells us without it, God cannot and will not be pleased with us, no matter how many books or conferences or plans or programs we have followed or are utilizing.

If you REALLY believe modern "deputation" really fits the depiction and description of Hebrews 11:1, and you're satisfied with hour upon hour, day upon day, week upon week, month upon month and year upon year of calling, emailing, "competing" at missions conferences, then have fun! (Please excuse my "tongue-in-cheek with a bit of innocent sarcasm(WTF is innocent sarcasm? John is being bitchy on purpose). Seriously though...)

I spent two days "cold calling" on deputation, then forever gave it up.

There was actually a recent article written sickeningly and pathetically entitled something to the effect of "Don't George Mueller Me."

What an arrogant rejection of a testimony not rivaled or duplicated using "modern" fundraising efforts (take what Muller prayed in and adjust for inflation to find out the modern equivalent).

If you are open to seek to "prove all things..." that you might "...hold fast to that which is good," I would love to seek to encourage your heart.

I believe that the modern deputation can and does "work." The world proves this through its sales and professionalism and business every day that enough calls and enough effort eventually pays off.

We took a radically different approach.

I personally believe it was (and is), the most Biblical approach.

God can work through broken processes, lack of preparation or knowledge...He doesn't refuse to use men because of ignorance (Praise His Name, for otherwise I never would have pastored, and I would not now be a missionary in Africa)

I extend an offer to encourage, testify, and share the proven principle of Faith-based deputation and missions that I learned from the Word of God and History. I'd love to share that with any who have an open heart towards the same.

Please, don't waste both of our time to seek to argue. Feel free to critique, disagree...I won't be responding. NOT because I'm better, or not willing to learn. I just don't have time for drama!(OMG, he is Taylor Swift!)

I'm still amazed what God has, and is doing in our missions approach, specially in regards to the support aspect. We've had multiple churches take us on for support that we never even visited! We have five Hispanic supporting churches, and neither I nor my family are Hispanic! We even have have a supporting church in China!

Now out into the harvest fields here. There's far more than I could ever do! Praise the Lord!!

Bro. John Shrader 
Historic Biblical Baptist Missionary 
Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

There was actually a recent article written sickeningly and pathetically entitled something to the effect of "Don't George Mueller Me."

I did a quick google of the phrase in quotes, and found this, which sums up John's method:

I know several ministers who make much of the fact that they never solicit supporters for funds. And they remind you of it. Often. In fact, they do this so frequently that it almost becomes a sort of solicitation in itself.

John, you are so predictable.  I wonder what he needs extra money for this time.

I guess John is maybe being technically truthful, if he's never asked for cash, but his dad has for him?

But the thing about John's "I've never asked for money, it just appears out of nowhere" is he's always pulling passive aggressive bullshit that on paper doesn't include "give me cash" but everyone know what he means.   When he says something like "Please pray for a new printer because the old one is on its last legs, so we can't print the tract in the new language we've just had translated", it couldn't be clearer that he needs a new printer! 

He's the worst kind of grifter, because he doesn't actually come out and say it, but when he's in a grifting phase, he's dripping with passive aggressive 'hints' about how some churches say they are Godly, but they don't support missionaries and so on, or other people only think of money - and always with shopping lists of what he needs next.   I'd respect him more if he came out and said what he needed, and did provide a business plan, showing how he spends the money Daddy sends him.   Thanking the damn donors would be a start!

He has been hinting that he wants someone to buy him a new plane for months now. If he dad finally gets him one he will being bragging about how he never asked for it. 

I'd much rather a missionary say exactly what he needs and how much it costs. I especially would like to know how much it costs 12 Americans to live in Zambia so that ONE of them can do mission work, or John's version of it, anyway. I suspect he "doesn't ask for money" so nobody can ask these questions. And, once again, I'll point out that the cooperative missions approach used by Southern Baptists, Methodists and probably many other organizations is much more cost-effective than this ridiculous deputation method. 

On 11/12/2017 at 12:24 PM, Lurky said:

I guess John is maybe being technically truthful, if he's never asked for cash, but his dad has for him?

Actually, he is not.  He has asked for cash or luxury items many times. He was outright pleading for cold hard cash just before they left the USA to pay for vaccinating the kids. 

It was only after he made Landfall in Zambia that he made the decision to drop whopping great hints instead just announce the freebies God miraculously drops into his lap answers to his prayers.  It could have been someone noticing how greedy he is.

But, of course, John wipes the incriminating evidence from FB regularly.  I don't think we have screenshots of all his Preyer Letters (I'm letting that typo stand) but perhaps one of his humpers saved them all and goes back to look.

...a time of testing, revealing, preparing, and, if allowed, a time of teaching the missionary to trust fully by faith in God before going to the field.l

I could actually get behind this concept if it read: "a time of learning about the culture they want to reach, a time to live carefully and frugally, a time to prepare and educate the missionary to serve in the field."

Some are on the field with less than a year of deputation (ours was 11.5 months, <snip> 

and others take 2-3 years in this process.

I'm convinced that more preparation time makes a difference.

John is a liar.  A big fat liar! :liar:  

John's first packed Esther and the kids into the pop-up trailer and set off on deputation in June, 2012.  We have a thread on it.  They did not reach Zambia until June 2014.  We have a thread on that too.

So John boasts untruthfully that his deputation was exceptionally short to make himself and his misbegotten "mission" sound more Godly. 

Why does he need to lie and misrepresent everything?  Because he is a boastful, preening, bloviating, dishonest ass.  And I don't think he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the rear.  His dishonesty and narcissism is positively Trumpian.

, I would personally love to see pastors and the sending churches take an active role in preparing and sending, as exemplified in Acts 13. 

So would I.  I would personally love to see the pastors and sending churches screening out the John Shraders of the missionary world.

I'm a nobody and I know nothing

For once I agree with Shrader.  And with @formergothardite.  He really should have stopped here.

The rest is all so defensive and deceitful.  If you send John $1 and a SOE he will send you the secret to his success.  It will be a single page with one word on it:

Spoiler

PRAYER!

But don't contact me please if you want to debate.

Not interested.

Not interested in being caught out on his lies, more likely!

Two new updates from John.

Glory be to God  [John] Alone!

After many months, we have, through the grace and strength of God, to the best of our abilities, covered every dwelling in this largest compound in our town, “Zed C” (for Zambia Compound), with a John and Romans and three Gospel tracts, two in English and one in the local language of Nyanja!

Now, onward to other areas!

Bro. John Shrader

Someone in the comments wondered how he kept track of which houses he'd visited.  I wonder if he does much follow-up or is just littering.  I'm sure  “Zed C” will be delighted to see the back of John anyway.

And: 

It's 6:29 am here in Zambia.

Been on the road for a while, [all of 5 minutes] heading to the rural villages in Luangwa District. [By definition aren't villages rural and not urban.]

Please especially pray most fervently for Mr. Penwell, the Headman of Chisobe Village. [John can't keep his stories straight.  Last week he told us that Mr. Penwell introduced him to the Headman of Chisobe village.]  Chisobe means "we are lost."  [He tells us this every. single. time he mentions Chisobe!]

We've had three times of preaching and teaching in Mr. Penwell's village, and he attended every one. [Probably he has nothing better to do and you are the circus in town, John.]

His last words to me the most recent time we were there greatly encouraged me. He said, "I want to understand how to enter the Kingdom of God."  [Let's hope he does not choose John's revolving door.  One day you are a convert, the next day you are OUT!]

We have several opportunities to minister in different villages.  [Names or it doesn't count.]

"Brethren, pray for us..." [Sisters, pray for the escape of Mr. Penwell from John's net ...]

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John's first packed Esther and the kids into the pop-up trailer and set off on deputation in June, 2012.  We have a thread on it.  They did not reach Zambia until June 2014.  We have a thread on that too.

I missed this big lie. He and Esther took a survey trip with the Rea family in Spring of 2012.

For many months now my sweet husband has been scrolling away the spiff money he earned to take me on an Alaskan cruse in celebration of our 10 wonderful years of marriage! We planed on going this spring. But in the last few months God has been doing some incredible things in our lives! I will be going on a special trip with my Sweetheart this spring, it will just be a little farther than Alaska, we are going to Zambia Africa on a survey trip! Yes! God has called our family to be missionaries for Him in Zambia! We are ALL so excited, and humbled that God would call us to serve Him in this way! We will be going as a team with another family! Before we evan knew God was calling us, people in our church could see what God was doing! God has already provided a Pastor for His little flock! A man that has had a strong burden for this area for over 5 years! God is so very good! How comforting it is to have our lives in the hands of The One who knows the end from the beginning, the one who gives grace for today, and will be faithful to give grace for tomorrow, our Precious Redeemer Savior and King!

@snickerz pointed this out in one of the early Shrader threads:

A year or 2 ago God miraculously provided housing for them! (a trailer in the middle of nowhere - because they apparently couldn't have afforded housing on their own.) Christmas 2010 God miraculously provided a turkey for them! (Because apparently they couldn't have afforded one on their own.) Around the same time God miraculously provided a job for them! (car salesman job, same as Joshie & Daniel) So they've only had a dependable income for a year, not exactly much time to save for a family vacation trip to Africa. 

It is clear John has never, ever been able to support his family. 

I'm interested to see if John has anything to say about the coup in Zimbabwe. If he was planning on going there like he'd been hinting at a military seizure of control might change his mind. 

I should have looked before I posted. He's already mentioned it. "Pray for Zimbabwe" like this is a bad thing. I've never seen so many happy and giddy Zimbabweans in all of my life. The atmosphere here is akin to that in Miami after news of Castro's death. I've had three invitations for celebratory drinks/piss ups. 

Quick background on what is going on--last week Mugabe fired one of his Vice Presidents presumably to pave he way for Mugabe's much younger wife to take over when he dies. The VP fled to RSA. Mugabe's wife is incredibly unpopular be kind of a hot mess. Google Grace Mugabe for particulars. In contrast, the VP was heavily involved in the civil war, has a lot of friends, and is generally well liked. Last night the military seized control of the government buildings and national news. Military arrest warrants have been issued for the Mugabe supporters in Parliament. Supposedly Mugabe is under house arrest and has been given 48 hours to resign and is wife has fled the country. Meanwhile, the exiled ex-VP returned to Zim is morning. Welcome to politics in Africa.

ETA: Small tip for John: if you really have a "great burden" for a certain place, maybe you should ask for prayer regarding the conditions there before they reach the point where the military steps in to seize control. 

This is so fast (and, with the exception of two guards at the head of the police's house who were killed when the they fired at the military coming to arrest the head of the police and the finance minister who was at his house, relitively bloodless). Word on the street is that a deal will is being brokered now. Mugabe will resign in a few hours and the ex-VP will expire he interim president. Whomever is controlling ZANU PF's twitter account just washed their hands of Mugabe. 

Wow.  Let's all hope that the coup (I'd rather call it an overdue transition of power) continues without further bloodshed in Zimbabwe.  The latest news from the Guardian is that Grace M is out of the country, but that Mugabe and family are under house arrest. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/14/tensions-rise-in-zimbabwe-as-military-drives-through-outskirts-of-capital

Bulawayo24 and some of the South African outlets are reporting that she was let go as part of negotiation for his resignation. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived