IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, Jess said:

Hmm sorry I would have sworn at one point they said she was adopted but I must be wrong. I have been reading in real time for years and years though so my memory is probably fuzzy on details after all this time. 

Oh, they have adopted her in their hearts.  The actual adoption never happened (Nepal closed to foreign adoptions and she is now 21).  She has never lived with them but the father does see her when he goes to Nepal.  Babita may just think of them as this strange American family who keep asking her to move to the US when she wants to stay in Nepal.

That family is interesting.  The dad's missionary work seems to be popping in and out of countries "closed" to missionaries on tourist visas.  He probably smuggles Bibles and "disciples"churches on the fly.  Some mothers do have 'em.

42 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's still a thing?

Yep.  For some crimes in Singapore.  I doubt John will get into trouble for drugs (still has the death penalty) or nudity.  

He could get done for jay walking (heavy fine) or chewing gum importing though.  I hope he left the magical accordion in Kafue because annoying people with music in public places is also illegal.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

That family is interesting.  The dad's missionary work seems to be popping in and out of countries "closed" to missionaries on tourist visas.  He probably smuggles Bibles and "disciples"churches on the fly.  Some mothers do have 'em.

Yeah he got that job when they got kicked out. Before they left he seemed to have a normal job but took a lot of missionary vacations. What is sad is they fund raise for that but as you pointed out couldn't get the kids beloved dog back to the U.S. 

An amazing event took place while John wasn't there, more women showed up!

Encouraging Report from our Ladies Ministry!

This has never happened before! Esther said two or three more ladies came after this picture was taken!

Around 25 ladies, including neighbors and friends and our church ladies, came for the ladies Bible Study today! Many first time visitors, including quite a few who have not yet visited the church.

Please pray that those who are unsaved will see their need for Christ, and for a genuine hunger and thirst for the righteousness of God.

Rejoicing in God's Work,

John (posting on Esther's behalf)

Why can't Esther post and tell us about it? Oh right, John can't stand letting anyone else write on FB.

53 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I love it that Esther is more successful at the ministry biz than John, and when he leaves the country, more people show up! :pb_lol:

Free Esther!

I think that perhaps Esther doesn't shriek at people for three hours so folks are more likely to come when it is just her. 

There is probably a big sign on the gate too.  "Free sanitary napkins (or tampons) for women who come for a half hour presentation."

After all, Esther isn't using her stash at the moment and period supplies are like gold for many women in Sub-Sahaharan Africa.

The local women probably feel bad for her. Her crazy husband drug her to Africa where she didn't know anyone, with a ton of kids, he makes an ass out of himself regularly, then he left her pregnant with all those kids. They probably just feel really bad for her and with him gone felt comfortable coming.

2 hours ago, Jess said:

The local women probably feel bad for her. Her crazy husband drug her to Africa where she didn't know anyone, with a ton of kids, he makes an ass out of himself regularly, then he left her pregnant with all those kids. They probably just feel really bad for her and with him gone felt comfortable coming.

Maybe they can help her escape.  

11 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That's still a thing?

When we were living in the country to the north a half a dozen kids from international schools in Sing were caught with one joint between them. These kids were between 12 and 16. By the time we heard the story from the mutual friend of one of the parents the kids had all been in jail and not seen their parents for a month, they were looking at several years in prison (like 6 if I'm remembering correctly), and their parents were all being deported or having druggie dependents. 

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

What was the outcome? Did the kids get prison time?

I honestly have no idea. A quick google search shows that the guy who sold them the pot got 8 years and caned though. 

I asked around. This isn't market price for Katie but apparently a friend's sibling is paying $500 USD a month for a tiny two bedroom farmhouse outside of Lusaka and $30,000 USD more a month (no that isn't a typo) for the connected chicken setup. 

No wonder why John tried to break into the chicken game. 

2 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

I asked around. This isn't market price for Katie but apparently a friend's sibling is paying $500 USD a month for a tiny two bedroom farmhouse outside of Lusaka and $30,000 USD more a month (no that isn't a typo) for the connected chicken setup. 

No wonder why John tried to break into the chicken game. 

I'm confused. The sibling is paying to buy the chicken set up? It's probably certified as Salmonella free by a qualified, certified state Vet . Something I've always suspected that John's set up wasn't. That's why he practically begged for a Vet to provide free service for before the chickens "disappeared." 

5 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I'm confused. 

So am I.  Is that renting or buying @subsaharanafrica?  It sounds like an incredible amount of money just to rent unless it is a humongous chicken set up that includes a vet on staff.

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Something I've always suspected that John's set up wasn't. That's why he practically begged for a Vet to provide free service for before the chickens "disappeared." 

Someone had suggested a Christian vet, but it sounded like John wanted the vet to do something slightly illegal with paperwork. I bet John was shut down for illegally running a chicken business. 

John is now humble bragging about how awesome he is. He tries to claim he is giving glory to God, but it is clearly a post to show glory to John.

There is nothing friends, absolutely nothing in this sin darkened, lust satiated, and broken world that can truly fill your heart with Joy like seeing the Master, the God of Heaven and earth, use your lips and life as a vessel of His, to speak His Pure Truth from His Pure and Preserved Word.

To see lives impacted by, not your words of personal opinion, or accumulated knowledge, but the very Living Words that divide asunder Soul and Spirit, and help a lost or wounded or seeking individual discern the thoughts and intents of their heart through the mighty Working of the Spirit of the living God through those precious Words of Life from His Book.

It's not us!

We're just a "mouthpiece for Deity" as one man stated to me one time

Ah friends, are you perusing paltry pleasures on this planet that will one day pain you with their putrid presentation before our Powerful Potentate?

The titillating and seemingly tantalizing temptations are a false and hollow substitute, a deliberate distraction to deter us and detour us from the perfect Will of God.

Says the man who couldn't live without cubed ice and a full sized fridge in a area where these things are rare. John's whole life is perusing paltry pleasures. 

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Says the man who couldn't live without cubed ice and a full sized fridge in a area where these things are rare. John's whole life is perusing paltry pleasures. 

He is probably trying to send messages to his supporters in Texas. He is worried that they are focusing too much on securing a place to live after a hurricane and not enough on his cubed ice and beef jerky.

perusing paltry pleasures... planet ...pain...putrid presentation...Powerful Potentate?

titillating...tantalizing temptations... deliberate distraction...deter...detour

John Shrader, Mighty Master of Meaningless Maddening  Mind-boggling Alliteration. Did he use a dictionary, or is there a website to help pastors find words that begin with the same letter?

18 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I'm confused. The sibling is paying to buy the chicken set up? It's probably certified as Salmonella free by a qualified, certified state Vet . Something I've always suspected that John's set up wasn't. That's why he practically begged for a Vet to provide free service for before the chickens "disappeared." 

No. Sibling is a Zimbabwean citizen and can't own land. That's how much it costs to rent the part of he farm that's set up for raising chickens. John probably heard that you can make tens of thousands a month raising chickens and thought it was a get rich quick scheme. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Ah friends, are you perusing paltry pleasures

OK folks, what does "perusing paltry pleasures" even mean?  He maybe means "pursuing", but had a Bro Gary "good weens" moment?   I'll be interested to see what his next step will be, somewhere on the planet.

@CTRLZero when I read "perusing paltry pleasures," I forgot where I was for a moment & thought I was in Bro Gary's thread. :lol:

One can certainly peruse paltry pleasures on line; I would say it's one of the primary aspects of the internet. 

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

One can certainly peruse paltry pleasures on line

After I posted, it did occur to me that John himself might be a perusable paltry pleasure.  Yikes!

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived