IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

34 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

al. But deep inside I always felt like I didn’t quite fit in. I don’t know where that comes from- my parents are awesome and I am so so fortunate.

I'm the same way. I've never fit in with my family despite being adopted at two days old. I'm going to PM you some of the nasty things some of my family said while I was around though.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I can't believe she said in her comments that every female doctor she met admits to neglecting her children.  Yeah totally they're just gonna admit that to you. Or maybe Lori, you just think that because you're being judgmental. Maybe they don't use How to Train Up your Children Pearl style of punishment on them. Or maybe they don't cook organic. Or gasps the husband/ partner has to cook and clean every once in a while. Geez 

I swear, she must ask those female doctors something sneaky like "Isn't it hard to balance work and family life?" And like every sane parent who has a life, they reply that yes, it is often hard to balance.

So she beams inside because it comforts her idea of the absentee, neglectful working mom... but she still happily uses their medical services. Oh, how I despise this venomous woman.

@Frog99 and @EmiGirl

My friend was taken into foster care at a young age. However, some of her siblings remained in the bio family. Her foster family was great, supportive and ambitious. 

When she married, her foster family was there, but also some of her bio siblings. It was abundantly clear where she ‘fit’. Her bio siblings were warm, sensitive, creative and fun people, just like her. Her foster siblings were nice, but distant, academic and business like. I could only imagine how it must have been for her growing up as the very obviously odd one out, even though her foster family loved her. Genetics are strong.

Lori has really picked up her game on presenting emotions and feelings as if they are inherently sinful.

It seems no coincidence that she describes herself in this way:

These are the words Jessa Duggar and her family used to describe her: black and white, unemotional, and not affectionate.

I have the same personality 

I have come to understand that being black and white, unemotional and  not affectionate are not sins! 

I remember being at my bridal shower and having feelings of sadness because I wasn't all excited and emotional about marrying Ken. I didn't have butterflies; I wasn't giddy; I didn't "feel" madly in love with him like I knew I was supposed to. I was even considering whether or not I should marry him based upon these feelings. Why, you may ask, did I marry him? I was marrying him because I decided he was what I was looking for in a husband. He loved Jesus; he worked hard; he was intelligent, athletic and good looking. These were all the characteristics I wanted in a husband. However, what was wrong with me? Why couldn't I "feel" like I was supposed to feel?

Referring to her relationship with Ken:

It still was not the tingly, seeing stars type of love...never felt that with anyone. 

I am not an emotional type woman. I never have been. 

I wasn't attracted to Ken when I first met him.

I never said I wasn't attracted to Ken

All of that to say, I am beginning to wonder if Lori is capable of feeling love towards anyone.  Her doodle the other day about love having nothing whatsoever to do with feelings or emotions just didn't sit right with me.  

My husband and I have been together for 20 years now, and I still feel like he lights up every room he walks into.  We went out to lunch with friends the other day, and I literally caught myself staring at him (my husband) thinking how perfect he is, and how much I love him.  

We were just teenagers when we married- flat broke, with no end in sight (thank God those days are over). I didn't care if he was athletic, or what his earning potential was.  I was just madly in love...couldn't imagine spending a single day without him.  20 years later, and I still feel the same way. 

Lori and Ken have robbed themselves of that kind of love, and she's trying to rob her readers by convincing them that love is something you just grit your teeth and force yourself to do.  It's sad really, because real love is an amazing thing...

12 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Paraphrasing Rhett Butler, "A cat's a better mother than Lori is".

Remember the case when the mother cat went repeatedly into a burning building to rescue her kittens, even after she was temporarily blinded by the heat, and touched them all with her nose as if she were counting them?

And it seriously bothers me when, after a man legally adopts his partner’s children from a previous relationship, he’s still referred to as their stepfather.  Dude, he’s their FATHER.

Something is seriously wrong with Lori. She seems empty inside. It's scary. Emotions are a huge part of what makes us human. The very bible she supposedly reveres attributes many emotions to God, and you would think she believes that we are made in his image.

Lori goes far beyond being reserved or not touchy-feely, which would be just fine. She is actively cruel, mean, and heartless, with no capacity for empathy or compassion.

If she was anybody else, I might feel sorry for her inability to feel love. I do feel sorry for her children and grandchildren. 

There is no way I could live in that business arrangement faux marriage that Lori and Ken have, being alone would be much preferable. 

Lori is sick and I don't mean physically. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

The very bible she supposedly reveres attributes many emotions to God, and you would think she believes that we are made in his image.

She no longer believes that women were created in the image of God.

@KoalaWhat post are all those quotes from?

Today:

Often when I teach about women being submissive to their husbands and obeying them “as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord…” (1 Peter 3:6), they want to find wiggle room in this by saying that they have a right to state their thoughts and opinions. “‘Without the word’ doesn’t mean we can’t say anything!” I believe God’s intention for us as wives is to obey with gentle, quiet, and submissive spirits as unto the Lord. I believe this is His perfect will for us.

Oh imagine the nerve of these women, thinking they have a right to state their thoughts! HORRIBLE!

If we want to give our thoughts or suggestions, we must be careful when doing this, making sure it’s wise advice and not just what we want, and don’t do it often. We don’t ever want our husband to be rebuked by the Lord for “hearkening to the voice of his wife.”

21 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

We don’t ever want our husband to be rebuked by the Lord for “hearkening to the voice of his wife.”

What!??  Does she really believe God would have told Adam off for listening to Eve's sound advice?  Seriously.....he listened to her bad advice, knowing better.  Every single one of us is commanded to resist evil and do good, to seek counsel from the wise, to obey (listen to) God and not man..... 

Lori doesn't know how to read and discern truth from Scriptures. She has no business teaching them! 

@AlwaysDiscerning

Sure! 

Quotes 1, 2, & 3:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/04/black-and-white-unemotional-and-not.html

Quote 4:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-twisted-and-perverted-idea-of-love.html

Quotes 5 & 6: 

Comment section of this post 

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-marriage-of-blood-sweat-and-tears.html

Quote 7:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/04/emotional-attraction-vs-physical.html

Quote 8:

Comment section of this post

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-twisted-and-perverted-idea-of-love.html

Reader:

I'm annoyed that people are angry with all of your post. Simply unfollow if you don't agree

Oh, really?  Is the reader annoyed when Lori roams from blog to blog looking for a juicy bit of gossip or something she disagrees with, to bring back to her own readers?

How many times has Lori made entire blog posts around things she disagreed with in other women's blog posts or books?  Does anyone tell her to unfollow or not read if she disagrees?

No, of course not!  The one time they did, Lori made a blog post explaining that it was "good" for her to call them out!

Lori responds to the reader:

They hate the truth of God's Word, Danielle, and try to shut up all who teach it. It seems to be their only goal in life, sadly.

No, Lori.  The disagree with YOU and YOUR interpretation of scripture.  You aren't God, and it makes you look like an egomaniac when you equate yourself and your words with Him.

That's what you're telling your readers- "You can't disagree with me, without disagreeing with God."

Lindsey Harold says:

My parents managed to raise 7 kids on one income, and my dad never made more than $40,000 a year until I was grown. 

They always do this! NEVER EVER adjust that for inflation. I don't know how old Lindsey is but she looks about 30. So according to the inflation calculator 40K 30 years ago is the same as 88K today. A man needs to make 88K just to live how her family did 30 years ago and as we all know 40K salary is average for ONE person.

Ref adoption- I was adopted as a baby and don’t know any of my bio family and I’ve never felt a need to search for them. When I was almost 5 my mom had bio twins- as I think more about my feeling of not fitting in, I think that it is more related to my sisters than anything else. Maybe that’s typical of a 5 year age difference, or even older siblings of twins. And it’s me- it’s not anything they have done. 

Ref loving husbands- I love mine. Obviously I thought he had positive characteristics- but even today, 18 years later, my heart still skips a beat when I see him. It hasn’t always been easy but we have tackled life’s challenges together, knowing we are the other petson’s soft space to land. 

Ref her post today- my mom was an only child and my dad only had 1 brother. We spent time with our older family members- I don’t know what this submissiveness and quietness she speaks of mean. The women were caring but also helped lead the home and shared opinions. They were strong and independent and they and weren’t afraid to speak up. The aunt that would say men lined up to fix their plates first at Christmas dinner was the very same aunt that wouldn’t hesitate to interject her opinions or engage in healthy politic debate.  I think Lori has a romanticized notion of what life was like a few generations ago- apparently based on 50’s sitcoms. 

I also think she is devoid of feeling. I know her aunts chimed in on previous posts of hers- and it seems they have very different memories. 

16 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I can't believe she said in her comments that every female doctor she met admits to neglecting her children.  Yeah totally they're just gonna admit that to you. Or maybe Lori, you just think that because you're being judgmental. Maybe they don't use How to Train Up your Children Pearl style of punishment on them. Or maybe they don't cook organic. Or gasps the husband/ partner has to cook and clean every once in a while. Geez 

Only Lori would come up with that crock.  I could just imagine if I were to ask my GP "Do you neglect your children and husband?  Oh wait, I know your husband.  You need to stop wearing the pants in the family and allow your husband (who is lazy) rule over you".  After having me admitted to the local rubber room, she would refuse to see me anymore.  And if these women are "friends" of hers, I doubt they would continue to associate with her.

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if Lori would ask women she hardly knows if they neglect their families.  She doesn't seem the sort to understand boundaries.

Where is she getting this crap from? Who is telling her this? I didn't see any recent comments like this.

Lori and her BS that millions of baby are in childcare. This source says 23% in daycare and that the majority still have some sort of relative care. 

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/economy/news/2012/08/16/11978/fact-sheet-child-care/

Google has some other interesting links that say the same.

The assertion about living on one income ignores the differences in regional cost of living. Also- is that $40,000 before or after taxes? Is insurance covered solely by the employer? Did they live in a community that barters for services? Did they live on family property? What other resources existed in the environment to support them? 

I just added up our yearly expenses- minus childcare, cable, Amazon, and cell phones, and the total comes to $38,352. We are a family of four. For a family of 9, health insurance and food would cost (at minimum) another $3600/year. That doesn’t include allowances for new clothing, health visit co-pays, medication, toiletries, any unexpected expenses, eating out, or anything else I missed. 

Someone wrote this about Lori's whole "keepers at HOME" theme:

Being a keeper at home is to be the guard of influence over our family. It's no more about the building as is the gathering of the saints

Lori being Lori, though, and incapable of depth of thought or any sort of scholarly interpretation of scripture, will soon zap this one.

So my kiddos went to daycare- but not to a stranger- it was someone I met with and spent some time observing how her daycare was structured. We have similar perspectives on development and the importance of balancing free time with structure. She is not a stranger. She is someone my kids grew to love- another person in our village. 

I do recognize that not all families have the same access to childcare opportunities; when you are trying to survive and keep your head above water, you have to take what works. It’s certaunly not out of a desire to cast your kids aside. 

We are at about 29K yearly right now and it's no joke. 

Theres a county librarian position open here that I'm going to apply for. I don't *quite* meet all the qualifications but I'm darn close. I'm going to make myself be brave and go apply. 

4 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

So my kiddos went to daycare- but not to a stranger- it was someone I met with and spent some time observing how her daycare was structured. We have similar perspectives on development and the importance of balancing free time with structure. She is not a stranger. She is someone my kids grew to love- another person in our village. 

I do recognize that not all families have the same access to childcare opportunities; when you are trying to survive and keep your head above water, you have to take what works. It’s certaunly not out of a desire to cast your kids aside. 

That is the difference with Lori though--she has never had to try to survive. Everything has been handed to her. 

I think she would still consider anyone who isn't family a stranger, despite how well you know them. 

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

We are at about 29K yearly right now and it's no joke. 

Theres a county librarian position open here that I'm going to apply for. I don't *quite* meet all the qualifications but I'm darn close. I'm going to make myself be brave and go apply. 

Oh, I hope you get it! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: That's my dream job, I should have been a librarian. 

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

6 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Oh, I hope you get it! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: That's my dream job, I should have been a librarian. 

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

It's my dream too. But in my former county/town you had to have a degree. :-/ this one doesn't require one. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

All of that to say, I am beginning to wonder if Lori is capable of feeling love towards anyone.  Her doodle the other day about love having nothing whatsoever to do with feelings or emotions just didn't sit right with me.  

I've wondered the same thing about her.  The way she describes her marriage is like a business arrangement, something that must be done out of obligation.  If her comments and whatnot were only cool to that relationship I'd say she just has a shitty outlook toward marriage but she really doesn't dote on anyone-parents or children.  She's very matter of fact when it comes to talking about her mom's condition and she doesn't seem to like or enjoy children very much.  While I agree "love" is a verb, it does take some work, it isn't something that's forced.  What's the classic line?  You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.  She has either an incredibly low opinion of herself, or an incredibly high one, so high no one will ever meet her standards.  Either way, there's not  a lick of compassion in that woman.  

I guess if you stretch her ideas about home to the extreme:  One car because only the husband needs to leave everyday.  No medical insurance because you're supposed to cook from scratch and use at home remedies.  Her idea of homeschool seems to be cost free, but most of the Christian based programs I've seen are fairly expensive...but for the sake of her argument...free schooling.  If you manage to get a house on foreclosure or something equally as cost effective:  low mortgage.  No cell phones unless dad needs one.  No cable because tv is ebil, no internet either unless it's necessary for the schooling.  Mom magically gardens while chasing children and they buy meat yearly, wholesale, so food costs are cut down a bit.  Sure, a family of four or five could probably squeak by on a small/poverty level income.  No one could ever be sick or injured though, car never breaks down, house never needs major repair, job is continuous.  No contingency whatsoever.  And that man better be licensed or degreed out the wazoo so he can keep steady income coming in.  And he better be the perfect handyman and auto mechanic.  

That's a tall damn order.

1 hour ago, onemama said:

What!??  Does she really believe God would have told Adam off for listening to Eve's sound advice?

Doesn't the Bible tell us that Eve was deceived, but Adam was not? Since he 'sinned' knowing full well what he was doing, but Eve apparently was not fully aware, doesn't that make his sin worse than hers? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived